The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-09, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
The only suspense in this episode was if there would be a double boot or not. When it became apparent there wouldn't be, despite MB's lame attempt with a Jaison misdirection, it was obvious who would be going home. But unlike last week, I have absolutely no clue who's the next to go with the upcoming merge. I like that!

1) RUSSELL (1,2,1,1,2) - Sure he was a scoundrel in Ep. 1 dumping out water and burning socks but this "evil has a new name" buildup before the season appears silly. Perhaps the hype was to compensate for the subpar cast? I dunno but, evil or not, I can't see myself dropping this player from the top spot for as long as he remains in the game. When he heard Shambo would be sending a woman over to Foa Foa, he must have been licking his chops.

2) SHAMBO (3,5,12,4,15) - No one stands out as #2 so why not the new Galu "leader?" Not sure if it was a prior group consensus or her call but smart to save the stronger challenge performers for IC. Also good choice sending Laura over to Foa Foa. If she's not as "dim" as Dave fears she may be, I like her chances to advance in the game.

3) LAURA (6,9,13,15,13) - Moving her up for controlling her emotions. You could see her head was ready to explode when Shambo was elected Leader, but she kept it in check. Her "taking one for the team" response to Jeff was a good answer. Sure she fell into it a$$ backwards by becoming the newest member of Russell's "Dumb-a$$" Alliance, but if she pulled a "Yasmin" entering camp, Russell probably never makes the offer to her.

4) BRETT (10,10,8,10T,7T) - Can't see him staying up here for long, but it was a good episode for him. I was cursing him for giving up the first point in the RC to keep the luxury item, but he proved me wrong so that's why I have him #4. Of course if Galu loses by a point--he's the goat, but it worked out well for him and Galu.

5) DAVE (2,1,3,6,7T) - It's been an uneventful last two episodes for Dave, but I'll keep him in the top five for being a good casting choice. And tell me...didn't he look pictue perfect as a pirate on that sailboat?

6) JOHN (8,7,14,13,14) - The man's trying to play the game--I'll give him that. But thinking F5 when there's 13 players left in the game is a bit premature.

7) ERIK (9,4,2,5,4) - Unlike ventriloquist Russell who doesn't move his lips when Natalie talks, Erik couldn't have opened his mouth any wider when telling Shambo what to do. If this guy would keep his trap shut he could be dangerous; instead he proceeds to paint a bigger target on his back.

8) MICK (4,8,11,9,5) - If he answered Jeff's question appropriately and said, "I'm not wearing the necklace because I suck as a Leader," he'd be ranked higher for no other reason than honesty. But to break a "jinx???" DUDE, you could have had 20 rabbit feet in your pocket and it wouldn't have meant spit for your sorry a$$ tribe.

9) NATALIE (5,5,7,6,11) - I have at least a dozen "tools" in my shed sharper than Natalie. But in Samoa she's Russell's "tool" and that's all this coattail-rider needs to advance in the game.

10) KELLY (11,11,9,9,7T) - HMMMM, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Kelly asking what Russell had up HIS a$$ when sending Shambo, not once, but TWICE to Foa Foa. What Shambo has "up her a$$" and Russell had up his was a rule in then game forcing the Leader to send someone over and be happy it was not you. So please shut your darn piehole and do what you do best--sit there and look pretty.

11) MONICA (12,12,16,12,12) - Instead of using your lips to bellyache about Shambo and her leadership decisions, perhaps you should use them to pucker up and give Russell S. a big sloppy kiss. Had he not been evacuated your pretty little a$$ would be out of this game. So count your blessings and button your lips, Cutie Pie.

12) JAISON (13,13,15,8,1) - At least Kelly and Monica still look hott when they complain...you don't. You SHOULD feel "incredibly embarassed" over your non-performance. My gut's telling me Jaison's knowledge of Russell possessing the HII saved him. In any event, this guy's a friggin joke!

BOOTED) LIZ (7,3,4,2,3) - Clearly the Foa Foa Three (Russell, Natalie, Mick) called the shot. Normally a trio of castaways wouldn't have that much power this early in the game, but even the most savvy of players could not have predicted a tribe of 10 would be down to five in 12 short days. I'll stick with my prior assessment of Liz--had she been casted on a decent tribe she could have gone far. Kudos for going out with class.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7 Max Headroom 10-30-09 1
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7 fullofgrace2470 10-31-09 2
   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7 garcor 10-31-09 3
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7 michel 11-01-09 4
   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7 Aruba 11-02-09 5
       RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7 michel 11-02-09 6
           RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7 Aruba 11-03-09 7
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7 fleaismycat 11-05-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-09, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
These threads need more pictures. Here's one of Natalie.

agman's helping me survive

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-31-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-09 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

>5) DAVE (2,1,3,6,7T) - And tell me...didn't he
>look pictue perfect as a
>pirate on that sailboat?

He certainly did! I thought the same thing.

>10) KELLY (11,11,9,9,7T) - HMMMM, correct
>me if I'm wrong but
>I don't recall Kelly asking
>what Russell had up HIS
>a$$ when sending Shambo, not
>once, but TWICE to Foa
>Foa. What Shambo has "up
>her a$$" and Russell had
>up his was a rule
>in then game forcing the
>Leader to send someone over
>and be happy it was
>not you. So please shut
>your darn piehole and do
>what you do best--sit there
>and look pretty.
>
>11) MONICA (12,12,16,12,12) - Instead of
>using your lips to bellyache
>about Shambo and her leadership
>decisions, perhaps you should use
>them to pucker up and
>give Russell S. a big
>sloppy kiss. Had he not
>been evacuated your pretty little
>a$$ would be out of
>this game. So count your
>blessings and button your lips,
>Cutie Pie.

Amen!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth regarding Kelly and Monica.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-31-09, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-09 AT 10:32 PM (EST)

1) Erik - Just cause I like him better than anyone else so far. Seems to have a kind of goofiness to him; how about a goofy charm.

2) Russell - Tribe is being obliterated but episodes show him continuing to work to improve his position as much as possible. His comment about Liz's intelligence was funny, though tactless.

3) Laura - Tried to work her exclusion from the reward to her advantage. Not sure what her comment about female's role not to be pastor meant. Could mean she is too conservative to fit in with many of the other players which could be a problem for her.

4) Natalie - For a player in the minority tribe she seems in a fairly good position. Assuming Russell would keep her around over Jaison or Mick.

5) Shambo - Would say that Dave is "counting" on her being dim. Would be interesting, and fun, if he is completely underestimating her and she turns the game on its head in the near future.

6) Brett - Dave's designated decision maker in challenge. Should say something for his intelligence which could serve him well later.

7) John - Not much going on this episode but well positioned.

8) Mick - Seemed a little more sympathetic. At least appears to be trying.

9) Dave - Comments about Shambo doesn't make the puppetmaster come across as too nice a guy and am wondering if show is setting him up for an unpleasant blindside later.

10) Kelly - Complaints about Shambo's choice of Laura to sit out reward made her look bad.

11) Monica - Still there but appears to be mainly through luck.

12 Jaison - Appeared almost asking to be voted out at IC. Hope he's next gone if doesn't change attitude.

Gone Liz - Would have preferred to see Jaison go this time. Seemed perhaps the strongest member of her tribe, save for Russell.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-09, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-09 AT 02:42 PM (EST)

1- Natalie (11,6,1,1,1): She continues to play the best social game.

2- Russell H. (3,4,2,2,2): He's planted a seed on the other tribe. How long before they all become zombies?

3- Shambo (4,3,3,3,3): She must have felt those strings getting pulled in her back.

4- Laura (12,12,10,12,11): She took the slap in the face without protesting and she made the best of it. I'm thinking she'll pay back the Galu men.

5- Brett (13,13,14,13,8): This guy is smarter than what we have been shown. How will he affect the game?

6- Kelly (10,11,9,9,7): She looked like a UN observer during an election in a troubled country. I think she will be more effective against the power behind the puppet regime than the UN usually is.

7- Mick (8,8,4,4,9): Mick, the problem isn't the necklace. Jeff said it before I could.

8- Jaison (1,1,6,7,4): Did every one forget that it was his idea to push the boat that got FF an early lead?

9- Monica (7,7,12,11,12): If we're going to pick pirate pictures, I like this one better:

She clinched the challenge for Galu and made peace with Shambo. Not a bad episode.

10- Dave (15,15,11,8,10): Did it really matter if Erik or Brett made the decisions? Pulling so hard, so early on your puppet's strings will show your hand. This episode, he told us that the beef stew was good and that Shambo was dim. Thanks Dave, that's what we needed to know.

11- Erik (9,10,5,5,5): John created the division in Galu but it was Erik that shoved it in the women's face. It made for a very funny election but... Let me count Erik: 4 Foa Foa + 3 scorned women = 7 votes. And he thinks he has it made to F4!!!!!!!!!!

12- John (14,14,15,14,13): It's been 2 episodes that John hasn't taken a nap. He must be tired.

Booted- Liz (6,9,13,6,6): She didn't try to get Jaison to flip on Russell because it would have been ackward??? Not very smart.

11-02-09, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
What's a Love/Loathe List thread without a reply to Michel's post? So not to disappoint, here goes...

>1- Natalie (11,6,1,1,1): She continues to play the best social game.

I've got to believe a big reason you have Natalie ranked #1 as the "best social player" is to get a charge out of me, Iltarion and probably 3/4's of those who read our posts.
Hey...it's all good. It gives us something to write about.

Natalie did not approach Russell. Russell approached Natalie because she's a dipstick who's gullible enough to swallow Russell's crap. Same reason Russell approached all the females he specifically named in his "Dumb-A$$ Girl's Alliance" (which NOT coincidentally didn't include Liz.) Even despite constant urgings from Betsy with her suspicions about Russell, Natalie couldn't get herself off his coattails. Your so called social game in Natalie's case can be summed up in three words..."Ignorance is Bliss."

>4- Laura (12,12,10,12,11): ...I'm thinking she'll pay back the Galu men.

You're making a good call with the potential demise of the Galu men. But I would be hard pressed to think anyone other than Russell, himself, will orchestrate their departure and anyone else post merge as well. Or they may self-destruct on their own without anyone orchestrating their boots. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if you spin it to give the credit to Natalie or Laura should this happen.

>8- Jaison (1,1,6,7,4): Did every one forget that it was his
>idea to push the boat that got FF an early lead?

I'm not forgetting Jaison was the first to push the boat. I'm also not forgetting that he pushed himself into such a state of exhaustion he became utterly useless in the IC and essentially lost it for Foa Foa. BRILLIANT!
It's just as "brilliant" to go like gangbusters around camp only to pass out at a challenge. Or on the other side of the coin, purposely not lift a finger in camp (making everyone else at camp work twice as hard) to "save" oneself for challenges. Pacing oneself and maintaining proper balance are essential--Jaison didn't do that. But then again, if he did, the crybaby wouldn't have anything to bellyache about.

>9- Monica (7,7,12,11,12): If we're going to pick pirate pictures, I like this one better:

My eyes thank you for the Monica pic.
If I had to decide who to stare at longer--Monica or Dave, the obvious choice is Monica.
But I'll stand by my original statement that Dave is the slam dunk, clear-cut choice to play the pirate role. He was a dead ringer.

>She clinched the challenge for Galu...

Many challenges you can name an MVP...but this type of memory RC is impossible to do so because of the length of time it takes to complete. Way too many fast-forwardings in order to fit it in so you do not see immediately what preceeded the sucessful match. In several instances a player may get a match due to a "gift" a bonehead on the opposing team made immediately beforehand. My opinion on this type of memory game is it's usually a challenge a tribe "loses" as opposed to one that a tribe wins.

>Booted- Liz (6,9,13,6,6): She didn't try to get Jaison to flip on Russell because it would have been ackward??? Not very
smart.

Now we'll finish up with my GF Liz. Although she went down swinging in the challenges and worked hard around camp right up to the end, I do agree that she "checked out" socially at around Day 12. But even if she didn't, it wouldn't have mattered. Convincing Jaison to flip would not have mattered either. Whether the vote is 4-1 or 3-2, Liz's tourch gets snuffed. No way, no how, Russell and his two Zombies (I refer to as the Foa Foa Three) vote anyone other than Liz even if Liz grovels at their feet, i.e., Sierra to Coach last season. Fact is Liz had the unfortunate break of being casted on a tribe with a master manipulator and a bevy of brainless zombies. If anything I'm happy she was able to maintain her self-respect without belly-crawling in vain, and go out with class.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-09, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-09 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

Ha! Matey Aruba, let's have some grog...

and a talk:

>I've got to believe a big
>reason you have Natalie ranked
>#1 as the "best social
>player" is to get a
>charge out of me, Iltarion
>and probably 3/4's of those
>who read our posts.
>Hey...it's all good. It gives us

The reason I've got Natalie at #1 is because she is the only one besides Russell who told us about her end game plan. This is the scene that has propulsed her to #1 and nothing since has changed my mind:

Episode #4:

Natalie(in confessional): “Russell and I talked about, since the first day, being the final 2 at the end. At this point, I’m like his wingman I guess you can say.”

Natalie tells Russell: “Hopefully we start winning.”

Her confessional continued: “I definitely think people underestimate me and I want them to think that it’s really smart to take me to the end because they can beat me. You know, use that to my advantage. If it comes down to me or him, I know I can beat Russell at the very end because I would say a lot of other people on the tribe have really been rubbed the wrong way by him. So, I’m just trying to not ruffle feathers, steer clear and build relationships which is what I’m good at and ”

Then Russell told Natalie: “You’ve got it made, I’m telling you.”

>"Dumb-A$$ Girl's Alliance" (which NOT
>coincidentally didn't include Liz.)

Yet, Liz was called dumb in the last episode.

>Even despite constant urgings
>from Betsy with her suspicions
>about Russell, Natalie couldn't
>get herself off his coattails.

The confessional above shows she took good note of Betsy's comments but chose to use Russell rather than confront him like Marisa, Betsy, Ashley and Liz did. All losers.

>Russell, himself,
>will orchestrate their departure

Well, he does need 3 additional votes besides his FF allies. How many women are in Club Med, I wonder...Isn't it 3? That would be the payback.

>My eyes thank you for the
>Monica pic.
>I'll stand by my original
>statement that Dave is the
>slam dunk, clear-cut choice to
>play the pirate role. He
>was a dead ringer.

He needs an eye patch and a parrot. Louie in Pirate Mater was better.

We had another pirate that I forgot:

The editors really needed to blur Shambo. Sorry for that.

>>She clinched the challenge for Galu...
>
>Many challenges you can name an
>MVP...etc...

I only said she was shown making the last point. Wasn't she?

>I do agree that (Liz)
>"checked out" socially at around
>Day 12. But even if
>she didn't, it wouldn't have
>mattered. Convincing Jaison to flip
>would not have mattered either.

I was referring to her interview where she said she approached Mick about voting out Russell but didn't talk to Jaison because it would have been "awkward" (her word). Jaison should have been the first to approach if she wanted to flip the game. Instead, she tried to fit onto Russell's coat tails even if there was no more room. She misread him.

11-03-09, 06:50 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
ARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the grog!

Actually thanks more for the pic of the "other" pirate ;)

Hey, maybe after a few more glasses of grog you may not have to blur out Shambo....HMMMMM, on second thought better give those boys in the editing room a call...

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-05-09, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.7"
My first Survivor love/loathe list in years.

1.Russell- I don't like him but he's playing the game and, honestly, who else can I choose with a straight face. The guys on Galu are arrogant, the women cliquey and Shambo dumb. I've watched every season of survivor except Fiji and I don't remember ever feeling so blah about a cast.

2. Natalie: She seems to have the social skills to do well in the game. I hoping she's not just Russel's pawn and a coat-tail rider.

3.Shambo: Well, she's not overly clever but she is earnest and honest and I want to like her. She reminds me in some ways of coach wade in that she seems like she has no idea that people are playing her and that she's comic relief. I end up feeling sorry for Shambo.

4. Dave: He's not boring.

5. Jaison: *shallow* He's pretty. I like the swimmer body type. I just wish he didn't seem like such a whiner.

6. Kelly: It's hard to have much of an opinion of her.

7. Brett: I think he made a good choice with the tarp.

8. Laura: did well at Foa Foa with her social game. I also don't think she should have been sent. You have to send someone who didn't play, don't you? That seems the best etiquette and the fairest.(I'm still wondering why no one from Foa Foa went to Galu when Foa Foa won the challenge)

9. Mick: I like Mick. He probably should be 4 or 5. But I hate/loathe magical thinking. You aren't losing because of a necklace. I'll probably be back to liking him this week. Unless he starts thinking some other inanimate object is effecting the fates of the people around it. Maybe it's the pots or canteens that are unlucky.

10. Monica: I don't like her very much but at least she does seem to connect the dots about what the election of Shambo means.

11. John: What to say. I think maybe he has a plan. It's just not a good plan.

12. Erik: I liked Erik but the whole code talking thing (or was that John? The problems of doing a list a week late) and making Shambo their puppet without seeming to consider that the women might catch on makes him seem really arrogant.

Bye Bye Liz. I didn't mind Liz and thought she was smart.

I think my list could be reordered from 4 on down. I just don't feel strongly about anyone. Normally by this point I've got someone I want to win and someone I don't want to win but really anyone could win at this point and I don't think I'd have strong feelings. I'm hopeful that someone will emerge in the next couple of episodes to compete with Russell as a main character.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •