The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor at its best"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-23-09, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor at its best"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-09 AT 05:03 AM (EST)

This week's episode was one of the best episodes Survivor has ever aired, and that was with no completed challenges and no one voted out. Instead, we got an hour of personal drama and character studies, which is when reality TV is truly at its best. The cinematography from the first scenes of RussWell in the water, to the rainbow, to the multitude of close-ups while things transpired was so good that the episode had a non-reality feel to it. The commentary, from RussHell's chiding of his tribemates, to Jeff's words to RussWell, Erik's prayers to Samoa, to RussHell's confidence that the game is changing to Erik giving the best motivational speech Survivor has ever seen, was too good for a writer to come up with. And the drama! Jeff was scared? My breath caught in my throat when RussWell suddenly went to staring without seeing. What a terrifying moment!
Props to Jeff for taking over in the challenge and making the call, and props to him for his words to RussWell. Tremendous job of riling both sides up in TC as well. This was Jeff's best show, hands down.
Props to RussHell for nearly everything he said in the episode; he is really emerging as the rock that the tide breaks on. Who would have guessed at the beginning?
And again, props to Erik for making me want to get off my couch and take it to FU FU. He is clearly the leader now of Galu.
"Line it up, and let's do a challenge right now, you know, because that's what Russell would do. And he'd be saying, are you kidding me, there are 5 of them over of there and there are 8 of us over here. I don't know if there is like emotion in me that comes out, but every bead of sweat that he put into everything that he ever did, WE ARE BRINGING THAT TO YOU. We will bring that every day, every challenge."
Awesome. That's so fricking good I expect to see Al Pacino repeating it in a movie some time.
What a difference spending an entire hour almost exclusively letting the players reveal themselves makes. I am starting to think this could be one of the better Survivor seasons. I am pumped for the Galu-FU FU confrontation that is coming up, even if we kind of already know who the winner is. If you don't feel the way I do after this episode, then take my advice and spend the rest of your Thursday nights more wisely, because you will never be excited about Survivor again if you aren't excited for this.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor at its best Molaholic 10-23-09 1
 RE: Survivor at its best mindy23 10-23-09 2
 RE: Survivor at its best Andy W 10-23-09 3
 I wouldn't know. Estee 10-24-09 4
 RE: Survivor at its best garcor 10-24-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-09, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor at its best"
Word
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-23-09, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor at its best"
What YOU said!! Amen, dude or dudette. As an RN, I have to say, I jumped off my couch and was running over to the screen, wanting to do CPR on Russ the second time he went out! I mean, WOW, did he ever look like he was a gonner!!

Reality TV at its best-and not just because of that, of course. Just saying.....

Andy W 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-23-09, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Andy%20W Click to send private message to Andy%20W Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor at its best"
iltation,

Well said. Last night's episode was definitely the best of the season and one of the strongest ever. If you guys want to check out highlights of the episode head to Last Night on TV

Cheers,
Andy
MSN Outreach

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-09, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I wouldn't know."
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-09 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

I was so repulsed by the first few episodes (casting, editing, confessional excess, overdoses of RussHell) as to not watch the last two. For the first time, I really gave up on the season -- not just saying 'This svcks, but I'll watch to see just how strongly', but switching to 'There is a better use for my time than this: I think I'll go prove it.'

If it's such a fantastic run, then I'm sure MB will make it the first season to hit DVD in the last few years and help me catch up with all the drama in one shot. But right now, the only way I could have interest in this group would be to have one to seven of them spontaneously drop dead.

Guess who can go first.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-09, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor at its best"
Reminded me a bit of the mutiny episode from Cook Islands for the amount of drama in the episode.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •