The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-16-09, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
OK, let me get this straight...because of the inclement weather preventing the social butterflies from spreading their wings, they had to actually vote out a member who performed the worst? In other words they had the "audacity" to keep players who outperformed others?
Goodness Gracious; Imagine That! Heck, if the continued downpours force voters to use that criteria, I'm praying for rain of biblical proportions.

1) DAVE (3,6,7T) - I'm giving him the top spot for this week. He took what was easily the nastiest of the Samoian Smoothies and chugged it down like a trooper giving his tribe victory. It's mind-boggling that Galu might not have even enjoyed the food reward had Dave not come to the rescue with the fire. Word of Caution: Although there's no way he can know this, Ben thought he was safe because he was able to start fire.

2) RUSSELL H. (1,1,2) - With only five remaining in Foa Foa, he's got Natalie and Mick in the palm of one hand and the HII in the other. Both of which did not happen by accident, it came from his solid play. Not to sound presumptuous, but he's pretty much a shoo-in to make the merge as a result of those two factors.

3) LIZ (4,2,3) - Way to bring it, Girlfriend!!! Her gutsy performance in the IC not only earned raves from the opposing tribe but bought her more time in the game. Not a bright move "messing with the pitbull" but at this stage not too disasterous either because if Foa Foa has another date with TC it will be a coin toss between Liz and Jaison anyway.

4) ERIK (2,5,4) - I'm keeping him up here for nothing more than comic relief. It's hilarious when castaways every season think the combination of sand and saltwater will remove the stentch from an unbathed body who hasn't showered in 12 days. I also found it comical that a man from California marvels over ocean waves.

5) SHAMBO (12,4,15) - Yes I know, it's a pity ranking. Guilty as charged. But I did feel bad for Shambo this episode. Predictions are fun to make, and the easiest prediction this season is Shambo will flip if she makes the merge.

6) NATALIE (7,16,11) - Generally when a player benefits from being aligned with a goat, it's the benefited player who carried the goat just for that purpose. With Natalie it's the other way around. She's riding the coattails of a goat. It will be interesting to see how this will play out for her.

7) JOHN (14,13,14) - Must have been coached by ex-NBA great and free throw shooting extraordnaire Rick Barry before embarking for Survivor. His successful tosses contributed greatly to the Galu win.

8) MICK (11,9,5) - It's a good thing Natalie's skinny...otherwise there wouldn't be any extra room on Russell's coattails for you to ride. I keep thinking he'd do well in challenges. I thought that way about Aras (Exile Island) but he only won one challenge all season. Although he did parlay this "winning by losing" tactic into a million dollar payday. Not so sure Mick will be that lucky.

9) LAURA (13,15,13) - She wasn't tested in the IC but I'll give her kudos for being picked to hold up the bundle. Other than being a member of a strong tribe, not much happening here.

10) BRETT (8,10T,7T) - The man speaks! He tells us the weather will not affect Galu's performance in the upcoming challenge. Considering they're going up against Foa Foa that's an easy call.

11) KELLY (9,9,7T) - I can't remember a season where by Ep. 5 a castaway continues to be non-existent.

12) MONICA (10,12,12) - Yippe, Yippe...I have a pillow and a palm-woven mat. Boo-Hoo...I wish we had the tarp. We all saw THAT coming from miles away. I've heard bad weather blamed for many things, but to not greet or welcome back someone because it's raining too hard??? That being said, the only way I would date this hott chick is if we were living in a desert.

13) JAISON (15,8,1) - Too bad there's no reward challenge with cheese...it would go well with Jaison's "whine." Not sure if his tribemates already knew but to inform all at TC that you were a collegian water polo player while playing the game "Survivor" with potential water challenges down the road is not the smartest tactic you could have employed at this juncture of the game. Although it may not matter if the elements get to him first.

14) RUSSELL S. (6,3,6) - Dropping ya down, "Chief." Using the lost chicken as a reason to send Shambo over to Foa Foa bordered between lame and spineless. Man up and tell her the real reason. His ineptness with the fire made him look like a horse's a$$. Fortunately his hunger took precident over his stubborness and allowed Dave to get the fire started.

BOOTED) ASHLEY (5,7,10) - You lost the RC for your tribe, and failed miserably tossing coconuts in an IC defeat. She only has herself to blame for her season coming to an end, but her parting words were classy.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-17-09 1
   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 Aruba 10-18-09 4
       RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-18-09 7
           RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 Aruba 10-19-09 11
               RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 iltarion 10-19-09 12
                   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 Aruba 10-20-09 17
               RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-19-09 14
                   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 Aruba 10-20-09 18
                       RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-20-09 19
                           RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 Aruba 10-21-09 21
                               RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-21-09 22
                                   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 iltarion 10-21-09 23
                                       RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 Aruba 10-22-09 24
                                           RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-22-09 25
                                               RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 iltarion 10-22-09 26
                                                   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-22-09 27
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 iltarion 10-17-09 2
   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 garcor 10-17-09 3
   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 Aruba 10-18-09 5
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-18-09 6
   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 iltarion 10-18-09 8
       RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-18-09 9
           RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 iltarion 10-19-09 10
               RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-19-09 13
                   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 iltarion 10-20-09 15
                       RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 michel 10-20-09 16
                           RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5 iltarion 10-21-09 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-09, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
Just a few notes since we cannot always be in agreement

- Dave acted like a baby: "I won't help with the fire unless you ask me nicely".

-Compared to Mick, Aras was a big reason why Casaya won more tribal challenges. That put him in a position where individual immunity wasn't needed. And he won a few rewards also. And he beat Terry in the "lilly pad" F3 which you always seem to forget when you say the challenge was made for Danielle. Aras won when it mattered.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-18-09, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"

>- Dave acted like a baby: "I won't help with the
>fire unless you ask me nicely".

Agreed. Dave did not handle the situation in the most mature manner. But I'm cutting him a little slack here because I feel he was reacting to Russell's power-hungry and whiny disposition. When you have a "Chief" who has let his leadership role go to his head, the prudent thing to do is wait until the "Chief" asks. As stated before, Dave could have handled it better but I agree with WHY he did what he did.

>- Aras was a big reason why Casaya won more tribal challenges.

Aras was part of a winning team but not a BIG reason for their victories. "The" Bob-Dog provided the needed strength for Casaya. He was a big part of their success until the girls decided to Anti-Darwin him. Weakling Aras got outperformed by even Courtney in the "holding your own weight" challenge.

The real BIG reason why Casaya won more challenges was because of an early game rule which allowed Casaya to essentially swap pathetic and inept Melinda with a solid performer in Bruce. That proved to play out large for the Casaya tribe.

10-18-09, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
Bob-Dawg was gone when Casaya won the last 2 immunities. As I've said before, when Bruce joined Casaya is when the game started. At that point LaMina and Casaya were tied at 7 members with 4 men and 3 women each. A fair fight that Casaya won.

Are you suggesting that it would have been fair to eliminate Bruce or that the tribes were evenly distributed after the pick 'em? No, what you are suggesting is that Terry should have won. He didn't.

10-19-09, 05:13 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
Casaya won the last two challenges w/o "the" Bob-Dawg because they were able to take advantage of the numbers advantage at that point thank largely to "the" Bob-Dawg and Bruce...moreso than Aras. Aras did contribute but I'll stick with my original claim that he was NOT the "big" reason why.

Sorry Michel, the game starts on Day One...it doesn't start when you think you want it to start. So the first tribal challenge that LaMina won (which gave LaMina the numbers advantage that Production wouldn't let them have allowing Casaya to "swap" Bruce with inept Melinda) didn't "count" because according to Michel the game didn't "start" yet??? That's ridiculous. Have tribes ever been "evenly distributed" after any pick 'em in Survivor history???

No, I never suggested that Bruce be eliminated from the game at that early juncture. What I would suggest is that one more challenge be played while the game was still in the four tribe format so the pick 'em AFTER that second challenge would have resulted in an even 7-7 distribution. Lastly...where in my post #4 on this thread did I ever mention Terry's name???????

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-09, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
If you heard Aras's music, you'd feel different, Aruba. haha...
I think there is a reason we have never seen the Exile Island beginning set up again. Casaya was allowed to lose one more challenge than La Mina and still have the majority. The fact that they got Bruce was minor. La Mina should be embarrassed if Bruce was the difference between winning and losing. No, regardless of who they got, it was the sheer numbers advantage that was just a poor plan by MB. The mistake has not been duplicated. So, I think MB saw the inherent problem with the beginning of that season.

>

10-20-09, 07:54 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
Hey Iltarion
The reason for my post was to explain how Aras was not the "BIG" reason for Casaya's numbers advantage. We are in agreement the "big" reason was the production debacle of how Exile Island began. I agree...it was not by accident that the beginning was never duplicated.

I brought up Bruce's name not to insinuate he was the MVP of the Casaya tribe...but to reinforce the fact that Casaya was MUCH better off with Bruce than Melinda who they were essentially allowed to swap.

10-19-09, 07:02 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-09 AT 07:03 PM (EST)

"the game starts on Day One...it doesn't start when you think you want it to start. So the first tribal challenge that LaMina won...

And that challenge happened on day 5 or 6, not episode 1!!! The first immunity challenge of the season was won by Bayoneta.

"What I would suggest is that one more challenge be played while the game was still in the four tribe format so the pick 'em AFTER that second challenge would have resulted in an even 7-7 distribution."

I completely, fully, 200% agree. Then the Casaya "older" women would have lost a second time. Melinda would have left. Ruth would have picked Dan while Bruce went to Casaya anyway. The game would have started with 7 on each side, 4 men and 3 women. Where did I read that before?!!

10-20-09, 08:10 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"

"And that challenge happened on day 5 or 6, not episode 1!!!"

So what??? I never stated that the season started with THAT challenge. All I said was the game of Survivor starts on Day One.

"I completely, fully, 200% agree. Then the Casaya "older" women would have lost a second time. Melinda would have left. Ruth would have picked Dan while Bruce went to Casaya anyway.
The game would have started with 7 on each side, 4 men and 3 women. Where did I read that before?!!

WOOOW!!!!! There's a chuck full of ASSumptions here.
Thanks to the Anti-Darwin scheme victimizing Tina that was orchestrated by pathethic and inept Melinda and Cirie, I would tend to agree with your first assumption that the older women would have probably lost another challenge...although we don't know that for sure. Even so you can't further ASSume that Melinda would have been voted out. As we saw in the last episode, HOW a tribe loses a challenge could dictate greatly who gets voted out. And all these set of circumstances (which are unknown) could have affected the inevitable pick 'em. So what was "read before" might not be relevant to what might actually have occurred.

10-20-09, 08:31 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
If you ASSume with me that the older women lose then the game resets 7 on each side with 4 men and 3 women. Of course, we could have had different captains with people making different choices but it could have stayed just like we saw which is all I wanted to show. Anyway, the season played out perfectly!

Don't forget that LaMina could have thrown that challenge to get Bruce if that meant so much. Bobdawg and Aras were smart enough to think of it.

10-21-09, 08:04 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
So are you insinuating that "the" Bob-Dawg and Aras purposely threw that challenge??? I don't recall anything that season to suggest that ASSumed scenerio? Of course with Melinda AND Cirie on the same team, Casaya wouldn't have had to try that hard to "throw" the challenge.

Heck, if Melinda and/or Cirie were on the LaMina tribe perhaps they may have...although it clearly is not Terry's MO to throw a challenge.

10-21-09, 09:23 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
Bobdawg had one of the more interesting threads over at Sucks. He wrote that he and Aras talked about it not being the worst thing to lose that challenge.

No, it wasn't Terry's MO to think ahead and throw a challenge that could have helped him. Like when Sally was his last ally and she was close to winning immunity. Or when he beat Courtney who was the only one left and had agreed to vote with him. Throwing a challenge is a good strategy sometimes.

10-21-09, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
Throwing a challenge is kind of like lying: it might look like the thing to do in the short term, but in the long run, it nearly always turns out bad.
I don't think any winner was part of a thrown challenge.
Ozzy made it to the Finals in Cook Islands thanks to a historic IC run, but he didn't win.
Jaime and PG were part of a thrown challenge in China. They were both booted shortly thereafter.
Mrs. Useless, Sandra, would be the only argument that I can think of. She was part of Drake who threw a challenge, which started a turn of fortune that eventually saw Drake go 5-5 into the merge, making it a nearly disastrous decision. However, I'm not sure you can count that because it was Burton's idea to throw the challenge, and I don't think the Rupert-Christy-Sandra alliance was even down with it.
Obviously, Matt idiotically threw an individual IC and all but handed the win to Jenna in Amazon.
Several winners who didn't win the final IC claimed afterwards to not want to win it- Ethan and Parvati for instance, but that is an easy thing to say AFTER you didn't win the IC.
Terry never had a shot at a majority. Frankly, Casaya was mostly a younger tribe whose personalities differed greatly from Terry. They wanted nothing more than a chance to boot him if he ever failed to win an IC. He did what he had to do and was an unfair final IC away from winning the whole thing. Terry's only chance was the alliance he tried to make with Danielle who destroyed her own game by voting out Courtney. Her and Courtney were too afraid of Terry to go to the end with him, but as it turned out, Danielle or Courtney wins the Final IC. Either takes the other to the Finals, and Danielle wins if she would have only had the courage to join with Terry and boot Aras or Cerie, both of which Danielle had no shot of beating in a vote.
Aruba has always said Colby made the biggest blunder ever for not taking Keith to the FTC, but Danielle basically did the same thing.

>

10-22-09, 05:57 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
Great post, Iltarion and a good analogy comparing throwing a challenge to lying. You're right...it was Burton's idea to throw the challenge for Drake. Ruppert was vehemently against it. Useless Sandra was, well, "useless" and being the pathetically inept individual she is was going to advance as a non-threat in the game anyway.

Great call on Ethan, Perv-ati, or anyone for that matter who make claims AFTER the fact. It's what I have affectionately referred to on these boards as the "Nostrodamas School of Prophecy." Wait until AFTER the incident occurs and THEN back into the prediction, or "strategy" in the case of Survivor. That tactic comes a dime a dozen in this game.

Alhough Danielle is not one of my favorite castaways, I'll have to come to her defense on this one. You are 100% correct that did she form an alliance with Terry and Courtney immediately after the merge she would have won Survivor. But that's a clear case of hindsight being 20-20. With Colby's biggest blunder it was blatantly obvious beforehand that he defeats the annoying cook Keith in the Finals but handed the million to Tina instead. Danielle could not have thought Terry would go on a challenge run that no one before or after has been able to duplicate. You also can't fault her for not predicting an unfair final IC.

10-22-09, 08:16 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-09 AT 08:37 AM (EST)

Hatch, Tina, Ethan, Vecepia, Tom, Aras, Yul, Todd and Parvati are all winners who threw a challenge or wanted to anyway.

Hatch in the Final IC didn't predict it afterwards, he told everyone.
Tina gave the merge IC to Keith.
Ethan threw the episode 5 IC to boot Silas.
Vecepia let Neleh have the Final IC after making a deal.
Tom wanted to throw the final tribal IC to get rid of Coby.
Aras, besides the epi #2 challenge, gave the Final IC to Danielle.
Yul said he never tried to win an individual IC before F5.
Todd wanted to throw an IC to save James until he came up with another plan.
Parvati had no intention of winning that Final IC and it's easy to see.

And Ilatrion, I can add that your favorite, Amanda, threw ICs in Malakal to get rid of Chet and Tracy.

Survivor isn't about winning challenges so throwing an IC is often necessary strategy. Lying is also part of the game.
(I thought you guys had accepted this now that you have Hantz high on your lists!

When you guys write that Panama's final IC was unfair, you always forget that Aras outlasted Terry. It would have been more unfair for the heavier, taller guy.

10-22-09, 12:40 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
Most of michel's list are individual ICs. Other than as a conversational piece, I should not have included the individual ICs. Throwing them as a strategy is always up for debate because I believe the majority of them that were "thrown" were simply ICs that the individual wasn't likely to win anyway. So, even if the individual stated beforehand that they had no intention of winning, in my book, they get no credit if that was going to be the result regardless of their strategy. I doubt highly that Hatch outlasts Kelly in any endurance test not involving refusal to pay taxes, and I also doubt that Parvati beats the stronger Amanda in an endurance/concentration/balance challenge where arm strength was a factor. However, that being said, I still recognize that it was a viable strategy for both to NOT win the IC, even if I don't necessarily give them credit for coming up with it.
So, that basically leaves the few tribal ICs that were thrown. I guess Ethan could be an exception to rule, having won and thrown a tribal IC, though that whole scenario is somewhat shrouded in mystery to me.
No where is it written that "Lying is part of the game." Someone needs to show me where the much-repeated truism is written. The fact of the matter is that lying is part of the game if you MAKE it part of the game, usually because you couldn't get by without lying, which shows weakness to me, not strength.
And lastly, women generally have better balance than men because they have lower centers of gravity; their weight is more centered around their hips, whereas for men, it is centered closer to their shoulders. Aras is taller than Terry, true, but Terry is more muscular and broad-shouldered, in other words, more top-heavy. No surprise that Aras outlasted him, and certainly no surprise that a woman beat them both.

>

10-22-09, 06:59 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
I'll have you note that 4 out of the 10 challenges listed were tribal.

About lying, I guarantee you that you'd be an easy victim if people knew you wouldn't lie. Anyway, playing survivor without lying is exactly the same thing as playing poker without bluffing. You'd never win against good players.

Terry was 5'10" while Aras was 6'4" and Terry wasn't massive by any means.

10-17-09, 04:31 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-09 AT 04:36 AM (EST)

Heck, I don't know. I might just start ranking them by height. Just based off amount of face time, I am tempted to put FU FU members on top, but I can't ignore the fact that FU FU is flat out getting their butts kicked. Though the editing says it is going to turn around, it is getting awfully hard to imagine without some ridiculous tribe switch or the like. A Galu SHOULD win this. FU FU is getting housed.

1. Erik- Got the opening next day comments. Also continues to be a pain for FU FU in every challenge, even when not directly participating. Also deserves props for being the first person to bemoan not getting the tarp a couple episodes ago, and for informing RussWell that Shambo needed to sit the challenge out.
2. Danger Dave- Would be #1 except for the unnecessary drama over lighting the fire. He at least gets some credit for recognizing what he was doing after the fact, but what is wrong with people? Some people just can't help themselves, I guess. Much of the respect you would have gotten over lighting the fire you burned away with your senseless ego-spat with RussWell. Still getting the most screen time for Galu though and will continue, I imagine, to "downplay his awesomeness."
3. Kelly- Ah, the confessional Aruba attributed to Monica was actually said by Kelly. Props to her for remembering that the tarp was passed up as well, though it would be no surprise if someone in camp complained about it. She was amazingly cute in the close-up, and she kicked butt in the IC again, though she didn't have to perform in the RC.
4. Monica- Clearly is in a strong position in the Galu tribe. Other than a switch, I have no idea how Shambo will survive another vote. Monica had to participate in both challenges and did well in both. Since Shambo just voted for her, no reason to fault her for failing to give Shambo any love. Props to her for sort of playing the leader of the Club Med women in speaking up about it.
5. Laura- Still has no story, but I like the Club Med women and keep them grouped together. Laura has been probably the strongest woman on the show in all challenges. No surprise she was picked to hold the load for Galu in the IC, and I believe her and RussWell would have been too strong for FU FU even if they hadn't sucked so bad at throwing coconuts. As it was, they weren't even challenged.
6. Liz- Deserves her spot for her gallant-though-doomed effort in the IC, and also for not being as stupid as everyone else when it comes to RussHell. In an almost exact reenactment of Marisa's confrontation with RussHell, Liz believed her alliance with RussHell was built on full disclosure between the two. Her eyes told the story that she quickly realized that was a one way streak when RussHell reacted as he did. I don't think we've ever had someone saved by the rain before, but we just did.
7. RussHell- For all the deliberation he seemingly does, RussHell was apparently not prepared to answer any direct questions about the HII. He handled the situation poorly, perhaps showing the first cracks in his armor. He then was foiled by the rain in removing the threat Liz poses to him. The simple fact now is that whether Liz makes it to merge or not, RussHell is in trouble either way. Good performances in both challenges though.
8. John- Very quiet episode except for a sterling performance in the IC. He can now list throwing coconuts as a special skill.
9. RussWell- He put himself front and center in both challenges and came through. He wisely sent Shambo back to FU FU. Whoever he sent was going to be mad at him, so sending tribal-outsider Shambo was a no brainer. There is no way she makes the merge unless something strange happens. Not being able to make the fire was somewhat pathetic, but it never would have been an issue if DD wouldn't have been downplaying his awesomeness.
10. Natalie- Still in a decent position as long as FU FU doesn't get pagonged. Not a strong episode for her though. Either she got out of eating at the RC, or it just wasn't shown. We never saw her or Erik go. She was inept in the IC, and then voted against her closest friend in the game at TC, which is a classic Survivor blunder. Looked near death before the IC, bloodless and shaking.
11. Brett- Moves up after making his presence a little more known this last episode. He licked his glass at the RC, and then had a confessional before the IC, in which he wisely stated the importance of Galu getting back on track, ironically before sitting out the IC.
12. Mick- Got a little more screen time this episode. Appears now to be nothing more than RussHell's lackey.
13. J-Sone- Shaky performance in both challenges and the complaining continues, though he is not alone now.
14. Shambo- Did well in the RC and got rewarded with nothing. She can't wait for merge, but regardless of the time that has been invested in her already, I don't see how she can make the merge. Galu would have to win out, and if they do that, her flipping won't make any difference anyway.

p/o

Marisa- gorgeous
Betsy- another too smart for RussHell
Mike- waste
Ben- waste of oxygen
Yasmin- brought the hood to the wood
Ashley- Proved to be the weakest afterall. Very cute, especially in her last TC, but her challenge debacles were too much to bear. Agree she showed class in her final words.

>

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-17-09, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-09 AT 07:50 PM (EST)

1) Coach "The Dragonslayer" - Sorry wrong season. Missing him this season though. Would like to see a reprise of the outcasts, or whatever they called them in Panama, only with Coach, Tyson, Brendan and Sierra. Might liven up a boring season.

2) Liz - For recognizing Russell as the threat that he is and for hanging on longer than Galu thought possible in the IC.

3) Laura - Fact she was picked as the strongest Galu woman might ensure she stays in the game at least until the merge and as a less likely IC target than the strongest guys until well after it.

4) Erik - Is an amusing player, and apparently a good one too. Still not sure what to make of his relationship with Russell. Appears too deferential. Why? Setting Russell up? MORE LIKELY LETTING RUSSELL MAKE THE ENEMIES ON HIS TRIBE. COULD ERIK END UP IN A POSITION A LITTLE LIKE AMANDA RE OZZIE SEVERAL SEASONS BACK. TOO CLOSELY IDENTIFIED WITH RUSSELL TO VOTE AGAINST HIM AND SO NOT PART OF A POTENTIAL LARGE GAME CHANGING VOTE.

Not sure what else to say. No one is standing out in a positive way.

5) Russell Foa Foa version - Agree handled II question from Liz badly. Not sure it will hurt him if she goes next time but don't see him having the influence with Galu in a merged tribe he has had with Foa Foa. Did seem to try hard in both challenges.

6) Dave - Came across like a five year old in the fire building episode. Otherwise might be the strongest pure "survivor" out there if combining survival skills with challenge performances.

7) John - Good shooting.

8) Kelly, Monica and Brett - Still there. Still having said or done much to stand out.

9) Jaison - Probably not brilliant to tell teammates of water polo experience. Has seemed out of game mentally ever since big Yasmin/Ben confrontation. Only real interest since then seemed to be removing Ben. Sending Yasmin to Foa Foa might have been the best competitive move Galu has made in game.

10) Shambo - Drank her shake quickly and easily. Stood up to Russell when he deprived her of reward. Still likely goner first time Galu loses another IC unless they decide they have the numbers to pull a surprise vote out of a stronger (or more annoying teammate: Russell or Dave?)

11) Mick - Still not showing much though his attitude and energy levels seem higher than Jaison's or Natalie's.

12) Natalie - Still appears well positioned on Foa Foa, but that still requires a life preserver.

13) Russell Galu version - Getting harder to like with each episode as he's shown morphing into a small time dictator. Looks almost certain to be the victim of a coup later in game. Way too much ego. Could have shown some humility in admitting he couldn't start a fire. Instead looked as bad as Dave in refusing to shake hands afterwards; only Dave's obviously not a tribe leader so doesn't reflect quite as badly on him. Choice of Shambo probably will not hurt him but probably never good to have any fellow players holding a grudge against you, and she has reason to hold one against him now. Is a strong challenge performer and at least he's leading a strong team.

Gone: Ashlee: Easy choice this time due to poor challenge performances; though to be fair looked healthier than Jaison or Natalie.

10-18-09, 07:27 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"

>3. Kelly- Ah, the confessional Aruba
>attributed to Monica was actually
>said by Kelly.

DARN that night vision camera!!! I understand the importance of the device when our troops are fighting the enemy at night...but when you can't tell a blonde from a brunette, what's the use???!!! HaHa
Thanks for setting me straight, Iltarion.

>6. Liz- ...I don't think we've
>ever had someone saved by
>the rain before, but we just did.

Yes, much was made at TC about the weather not allowing players to talk one-on-one. Even if the weather was perfect and the socializing was in full force, Mick would have been the swing vote at TC. Sure Russell would have tried to plant his "Russell Seed" into Natalie's and Mick's mind to oust Liz. Zombie Puppet Natalie would not need much "watering." Mick is another story. Fact of the matter is after TC Foa Foa was walking back to camp down 5-9. I honestly think in the end Mick is astute enough to know how imperative it is to walk back with the five "strongest" members possible to address this disadvantage. Liz more than proved her strength in the IC and Ashley failed miserably in both challenges. Those facts moreso than anything would have been the reason for Mick writing down Ashley's name. Hey, it wouldn't have been the first time Russell did not get his way (when Ben was voted out.)

10-18-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
First, I must say I enjoyed that Pre-TC segment where we got inside the players' head.

What Stephen from Tocantins wrote about this is perfect: "I thought that scene was -really- well-edited. I thought it showed how each tribe member was trapped in their head and trapped in the shelter. We had a couple days like this in Tocantins - one in particular was the DAY OF THE MERGE IC. So at the most crucial time for us to be scrambling, we were all stuck huddled together. This scene really vividly reminded me of the actual sensations of being stuck like that."

1- Natalie (11,6,1): She showed Russell - and us - that she could vote out her friends. Natalie will make other friends but she's playing the game.

2- Russell H. (3,4,2): People start challenging him and he reacts. I'm not sure if it's to tell us he'll be able to get rid of all the dangers or if he'll miss one but Samoa is his story.

3- Shambo (4,3,3): Maybe Shambo lost a chicken but at least she participated in both ICs contrary to most of the pampered Galus. She had to suck it up and go to Foa Foa without complaining. There is a way to make Galu pay.

4- Mick (8,8,4):

"I'll play it by ear." Mick is such a man of action!!!

5- Erik (9,10,5):

For those that still believe we see all that matters and that the editing is honest; Erik scored the 6th and winning point during that RC.

6- Liz (6,9,13): She was the star of the episode except all she accomplished was to paint a target on her back. What did she expect to gain by calling Russell a liar?

7- Jaison (1,1,6): Revealing that you are an Olympic level water-polo player can only help in a tribe that desperately needs a win. Everyone is miserable but Burnett is using Jaison's confessionals to show this game is tougher than a Yugoslavian coach's training camp.

8- Dave (15,15,11): I still think he is more Dumb Dave than Danger Dave but he does make me laugh.

9- Kelly (10,11,9): She finally realized that this wasn't just a vacation.

10- Russell S.(5,5,8): This game is changing Russell. From being worried and attentive, he's becoming a tyrant.

11- Monica (7,7,12):

As if she had been wearing mascara, all her cutesiness disappeared to reveal a bitchy side.

12- Laura (12,12,10): When she said: "Sham has a silliness about her that's socially awkward" I saw that Laura is a judmental bitch which is socially unacceptable.

13- Brett (13,13,14): How old is this guy?

14 days and still no beard? You have to admire the vidcapper who actually found this guy on camera.

14- John (14,14,15): Did you say something John?

Booted- Ashley(2,2,7): For such a survivor fan, she had to prepare for that challenge.

10-18-09, 05:14 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-09 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-18-09 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

Natalie- Can she trust RussHell? No. Could she trust Ashley? Yes. Losing her closest ally in the game is not a good thing for her. She did what she had to in voting with the majority though. Normally, that's wise. In this case, it showed nothing but a lack of guts. She could have easily voted for Liz and no one would have cared.
Liz- Calling RussHell a liar revealed to her what he is. She now knows. So, she did gain from it. Could it cost her too? Maybe. But RussHell needs her now due to numbers.
Erik- I expected he went in the RC and just wasn't shown. No surprise there. The editing still showed the key part of the RC, which was Ashley losing it for FU FU. So, no impact by the editing there.
Monica- Still looks good to me.
Laura- "Sham has a silliness about her that's socially awkward"- Stating the obvious makes her a "judgemental byotch"? If you say so. Isn't being judgemental what this list is about? Let's not be hypocritical now.
Mick- Exactly right
Brett- Agreed. The missing facial hair is a mystery inside a riddle inside an enigma
Pictures- great job

>

10-18-09, 05:42 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
- If Natalie had voted for Liz she'd have to answer to Russell. In the long run, he's a much stronger ally than her "sister". He had asked her if she could vote out friends. She proved herself to him.

- Of course Liz knows now. The problem is that Russell knows she knows. Bad, bad move. Remember Natalie approaching Jason about the Micronesian idol? She said something like: "I don't know if you have the idol and I don't want you to tell me but I sent you to EI to give you a chance to find it so we could work together."
Liz HAD to say something like that or say nothing at all.

- The impact of the RC editing is that we didn't see Natalie fail.

- Even with that picture? Just kidding. Monica looks good but she's not a smart player. To paraphrase her answer to Shambo: "It's just a game, pretend you like her."

- Laura was judging someone she knows. I'm judging a character on TV. I don't know Laura but the editors wanted me to see a judgmental bitch and nothing else of her. I call 'em as they show 'em.

10-19-09, 00:30 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-09 AT 00:33 AM (EST)

Actually, michel, your #1 girl DIDN'T fail. She simply didn't need to drink. Once Erik drank it down, game was over. The picture shows her waiting to see if Erik is going to do it or not. Obviously, Erik had no problem. No reason for Natalie to try.
So, again, the editing didn't miss anything. Ashley lost the challenge. The picture does help explain why Natalie was so supportive of Ashley afterwards though. Considering Natalie never needed to drink, she might have actually been thankful!
Shouldn't you judge only the people you know? Makes sense to me. Judging people you don't even know- isn't that where stereotypes and certain isms are born? Sure. Laura knowing Shambo makes it better, not worse.
And I don't remember you calling Erin a judgemental byotch when she called Coach an @ss. Or when Parvati called Jason a byotch? Now did you? So I guess someone being judgemental doesn't actually bother you at all. It just depends on whether you agree with them or not. The reality: you call them like you WANT to see them. Hahaha... it's alright though. So do we all. So do we all.

>

10-19-09, 06:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-09 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-19-09 AT 06:51 PM (EST)

Those are very weak comparisons you've made to doubt me.

Laura has had THREE confessionals up to now and ALL 3 have been to mock or bitch at Shambo. Shambo has said nothing bad about Laura personally, just saying the group was lazy, which we are meant to see as being true.

I'm sure Laura has had much more to talk about during her FOURTEEN days out there yet all we hear are her complaints about Shambo. Being a lazy bitch has been her role.

Which version of the season did you see? Was it this one?

Coach gave as good as he got. I didn't call Erinn a bitch because she was mainly defending herself and she talked about other things than Coach.

With Parvati, her story wasn't limited to Jason by any means. I don't have a problem saying she was bitchy to him, it's just that he was irrelevant to the story.

We'll talk about Natalie later.

10-20-09, 03:13 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
I think I made my point as concisely as could be made last post.
However, just to expand on the editing regarding Laura:
I would interpret Laura as the Galu gauge of Shambo. The editing is using her comments to show what the Club Med alliance thinks of Shambo, and where Shambo stands with the tribe altogether. It isn't saying anything about Laura, fortunately and unfortunately for her; it is all about Shambo. That's my interpretation. Anyway, saying someone is "socially awkward" is an observation. Calling someone an @ss is being judgemental. But it is quite true this is not the first rip of Shambo we've heard from Laura.
Nice picture though. Appreciate it.

>

10-20-09, 08:03 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
"Anyway, saying someone is "socially awkward" is an observation"

The quote was: "Sham has a silliness about her that’s socially awkward so it’s like ewww.”

That, especially the ewwww, is like nobility talking about lower class peasants. If that's not judgmental, what is?

"I would interpret Laura as the Galu gauge of Shambo. The editing is using her comments to show what the Club Med alliance thinks of Shambo, and where Shambo stands with the tribe altogether. It isn't saying anything about Laura, fortunately and unfortunately for her."

Exactly what I was saying. I'm not talking about Laura, the real person, just the Laura that we've been shown...but she did say those things.

10-21-09, 02:54 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-09 AT 02:55 AM (EST)

I agree. The "ewww" adds a definite byotch factor. I thought only 13 year old girls said "ewww" about each other.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •