The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-09, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
...can't be created after the first episode because thanks to the sterling editing job performed by MB's on-crack team, I have no idea who half these people are. We had no opening credits, no introduction shots (and those have been a lost cause for years), no 'Hi! I'm...' when the tribes finally got to speak, and the nature of the challenges didn't even let Jeff call out everyone's name. How many contestants were directly identified, even for a second? Twelve of the twenty? Less?

The Race is going with a two-hour opener this season: we need to meet people, get into the action, figure out who they are and why they're here. This show, which its host claims is the greatest reality series of all time, couldn't be bothered to use their hour to let us know who about half of the current cast was -- which either implies that we don't need to know or they don't see any reason to bother. And going to two hours would have been right out. Ninety minutes? Forget it. We don't need to know or they don't need to work. Or maybe they're afraid that if we saw more than their chosen few, we might develop loyalties they hadn't intended.

If you can make up a list, go for it. I just can't post first impressions until I've had the chance to form some for the bulk of the cast -- and under the current editing policies, that might mean Final Four.

There were about a dozen reasons last night's premiere was crap. This has been one of them.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Versi... mindy23 09-18-09 1
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Versi... altpeach 09-18-09 2
 From Love to Loathe Snidget 09-18-09 3
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Versi... DoodleBug 09-18-09 4
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Versi... dabo 09-22-09 5
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Versi... Aruba 09-22-09 6
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Versi... fullofgrace2470 09-23-09 7
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Versi... nailbone 09-23-09 8
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Versi... michel 09-23-09 9
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Versi... Brownroach 09-28-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-18-09, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
All I can say is the munchkin with muscles (oil barron who says he went through Katrina and is a fire fighter) is either the biggest fake that has ever been on Survivor, or the biggest plant by MB!

This guy is so over the top, there is NO way he can continue to fool and chop the way he did last night. I give him 2 weeks top to be beheaded himself. If he DOES, by some odd chance, get control of this tribe, it'll make Survivor history that someone who admits they don't need the money, and is only there to stir things up, actually takes it all. And by total deception. At least, to my knowledge. There may have been others. But I think this guy will get the rubber chicken award.

He totally creeps me out-reminds me of a stalker, serial killer, who has to have complete control or else......

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

altpeach 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-09, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail altpeach Click to send private message to altpeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-09 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

Okay, after a little research I can list the names of the cast but can't help you remember some of them.

Foa Foa consists of
~Ashley- "dumb short-haired girl"; 2nd place in votes 1st episode.
~Ben- couldn't get along with Marisa and made the premature loser comment at IC.
~Betsy- female police officer
~Elizabeth- deemed the smart one (because she's Asian American according to her)
~Jaison- good swimmer
~Marisa- "dark haired girl" voted off
~Mick- team captain
~Mike- old guy
~Natalie- "dumb long-haired girl"
~Russell H- "Katrina victim" that lost his dog, wait that is not true so as the above poster stated "Munchkin with muscles".

Galu consists of;
~Brett- who?
~Dave- who?
~Erik- strong guy with buzz cut
~John- not so good swimmer
~Kelly- who?
~Laura- who?
~Monica- who?
~Russell S.- team captain
~Shannon/Shambo- 'nuff said
~Yasmin- agile girl

(oops) ETA my list...
1. Mick- Smart and great for the eyes.
2. Jaison- Killed the comp in swimming.
3-12. All of Galu- Enough wasn't shown for me to dislike any of them yet.
13.Betsy
14. Ashley
15. Elizabeth
16. Natalie
17. Mike
18. Russ H
19. Ben

Bye Marisa...

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "From Love to Loathe"
Love
1. Marissa
2. This space intentionally left blank
3. This space intentionally left blank
20. The rest of the cast except for RusHell
100. Diary Room Jeff Probst. I still like edited for the show Jeff Probst most of the time
1,000. RusHell
10,000. Casting Director for Survivor
Loathe

{nerdy moment}I just realized my loathing is logarithmic{/nerd}

For some reason I really liked Marissa's pre show package and what little we get to see of her. Too bad.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
I usually don't play favorites until after the merge. There are too many before then.

Having said that, I liked Jaison and Mick and the police officer, Betsy.

RusHELL should go back to Texas empty handed. I'm guessing Betsy will blow the top right off of his game plan. What a jerk.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
1. Shambo, because she rocks!
2. Russ S.
3. Betsy
4. Mick
5. Jaison
6 (tie). Ashley
6 (tie). Brett
6 (tie). Dave
6 (tie). Erik
6 (tie). John
6 (tie). Kelly
6 (tie). Laura
6 (tie). Liz
6 (tie). Monica
6 (tie). Natalie
6 (tie). Yasmin
17. Mike and his gut. Please please please stop going topless!
18. Ben
Bottom Feeder. Russ H. If I did a list of all the players from every season Russ H. would be the bottom feeder there as well.

Good-bye Marisa, or maybe congrats. At least she didn't have to put up with the bottom feeder any longer.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-22-09, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
I couldn't agree with you more, Estee. One hour and 20 castaways is totally nuts. Even another 30 minutes for a 90 minute premiere would have been better to acquaint us with ALL the players. That being said no way can I rank them after this initial episode. But I will make the following comments:

Ones I LIKE so far: MICK, JAISON, BETSY

Ones I LOATHE are: BEN, MIKE, JOHN

Ones who rank high on my annoyance meter after Ep. 1: RUSSELL H., SHAMBO

RUSSELL H. - No way, no how do I want this jerk to win...but with every episode he advances he crystalizes what I have been ranting and raving about with the horrible job the casting crew has done. So for "self-centered" reasons I kinda hope he goes further in the game.

SHAMBO - Could go either way. If she contributes around camp and fares well in challenges, she be in my upper half this season. If she doesn't...down she goes!

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-09, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-09 AT 02:42 AM (EST)

Since we didn't meet most of Galu, I can't tell whether I like them or not.

From Foa Foa, I like Mick, Jaison, and Betsy. I liked Marisa and am sad she's gone. Can't wait for Russell to get his comeuppance. I bet the dumb-a$$ blondes feel pretty dumb after watching last week's show. For siding with Russell and Ben, the rest of FF can eat dirt (with the exception of my new boyfriend Jaison) lol.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-09, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
Love - Natalie. Some of the other ladies are as pretty as she is, but there's just something about her...

Loathe - Russell H. I also hear that Ben is gonna be on lots of 'loathe' lists.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-09, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-09 AT 10:44 PM (EST)

I liked the stories we saw from:

- Betsy: She's Margaret going up against Judd. Can she outlasts the villain?

- Shambo: She reminded me of Kathy O'Brien. The loud laugh, the opposition to her leader, her good challenge performance and feeling separated from her tribe: That's Kathy in Rotu.

- Mick: He played the leadership trap quite well. Is he on to RussHell as the shot of him spying on his talk with Marisa suggested?

- RusSWell: He handled the leadership role with more difficulty but he is liked by most of his tribe. Will he be able to make the tough decisions?

- RussHell: Hated him but what an evil plan! It will make for many conflicts and I think most will be interesting. Poor Marisa.

- Ashley: This "dumb Blonde" knows the game so she could use RussHell more than he uses her.

The 4 following characters were simply bad guys without interest:

- John: Who knew that we could have a dumber rocket scientist than Dave J.? He did everything wrong in episode #1: Bossy and poor in challenges.

- Ben: The hillbilly won't be the nice guy this season. Here's the real moron, a bully without a plan.

- Dave: Maybe John performed poorly but what did Dave do? How well would he have done in that race? Dumbass

- Mike: One of the weakest players goes out of his way to boot the weakest? That's simply dumb.

These showed promises: Jaison, Erik and Liz.

Nothing to see: Monica, Yasmin, Natalie, Laura, Kelly, Brett. Way to go Burnett, ignoring half the women again.

Marisa: Once more a cute girl leaves first. Too bad this one looked like a good player.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-09, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List Version 19.1"
1. No one
2. No one
3. No one
4. No one
5. No one
6. No one
7. No one
8. No one
9. No one
10. No one
11. No one
12. No one
13. No one
14. No one
15. No one
16. No one
17. No one
18. No one
19. No one
20. Tie - Ashley, Liz, RussMole, Jaison, Natalie, Mike, Mick, Betsy, Marisa, Ben, RussS, Shampain, Kelly, Monica, Dave, Eric, John, Brett, Yasmin, Laura

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •