The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tyson gets knocked out"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-24-09, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tyson gets knocked out"
Tyson falls victim to the stereotype he probably never saw coming- Coach's belief that a southern boy like JT is honorable. And the infamous survival of the weakest now begins in earnest with sad sacks like Sierra advancing on while strong players get the boot. So pathetic is Sierra that the alliance that saved her didn't even bother to let her know that they were doing so. Hahaha... Probably the first time in Survivor history that the person who was saved was more shocked than the person blindsided. Yeah, the abuse she took over a simple alliance seemed out of line, but obviously there is more going on with Sierra when even JT is calling her a "lying biotch." This is just one universally disliked person.
So, JT proves himself as adept at lying as anyone. The question I have is- Did he just ruin his own game and practically hand it to Stephen? I don't see Stephen taking the blame for the blindside, and it appears like Erin might skate by without taking much blame either. If they are voting Tyson out because he's strong, when is it going to be your turn, JT? Personally, I can see the jury destroying JT if he makes it that far. But why would Stephen let him? Why not boot him at F4 or F5 and improve your own chances of winning immunity? I bet a guy like Stephen, like Rob C, would love to get it down to just himself and women.
In the end, for all his talk, and yeah, the entertainment value of the season just dropped significantly, Tyson had no strategical game to speak of other than riding Coach's coattails to the Finals and then winning due to Coach having enemies. Oh, wait, riding coattails is supposedly a viable strategy. Well, then I don't see how we can criticize him. Can't criticize him for being too harsh to Sierra. Remember, she had nothing to do with his boot. Can't criticize him for being too cocky. After all, he competed in the IC instead of eating.
OK, I can criticize him for saying pathetic things about his tribemates for the world to see. I know that is en vogue now from Parvati to Randy last season, but it is still pathetic. I am guilty for laughing at it and being entertained by it at times, but really, you have to be a serious a-hole to be saying some of the crap on TV that this guy said. I know its a game, and its TV, but when did people start leaving their common decency at home? P/O

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tyson gets knocked out garcor 04-24-09 1
   RE: Tyson gets knocked out suzzee 04-24-09 2
 RE: Tyson gets knocked out kingfish 04-24-09 3
 RE: Tyson gets knocked out jbug 04-24-09 4
   RE: Tyson gets knocked out mindy23 04-24-09 5
       RE: Tyson gets knocked out vince3 04-24-09 6
           RE: Tyson gets knocked out BrassFan 04-24-09 8
               RE: Tyson gets knocked out kingfish 04-24-09 9
                   RE: Tyson gets knocked out BrassFan 04-24-09 10
                       RE: Tyson gets knocked out vince3 04-24-09 11
                           RE: Tyson gets knocked out BrassFan 04-24-09 12
                               RE: Tyson gets knocked out kingfish 04-24-09 16
       RE: Tyson gets knocked out jbug 04-24-09 7
           RE: Tyson gets knocked out iltarion 04-24-09 13
               RE: Tyson gets knocked out jbug 04-24-09 15
                   RE: Tyson gets knocked out kingfish 04-24-09 17
                   RE: Tyson gets knocked out iltarion 04-24-09 18
 Final 5? Rahaim 04-24-09 14
 RE: Tyson gets knocked out PsychoKitty 05-03-09 19
   RE: Tyson gets knocked out sica077 05-03-09 20
   RE: Tyson gets knocked out iltarion 05-05-09 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-24-09, 05:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-09 AT 05:54 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-24-09 AT 05:51 AM (EST)

Yeah, some of the stuff Tyson was saying was mean-spirited, especially the way he seemed to take pleasure in saying some of it to Sierra's face. She might be difficult, but . . One thing you can say for Coach, he might be hypocritical and delusional as all heck, but he's not really mean-spirited. He's too irrational for that.

Don't think JT has killed his game. He was going to be targeted at some point regardless. If Timbura had not had the issues they did with each other over ??? he probably would have been the first pre-merge target. Think he would have been most seasons. And it was really Coach who was putting all the "honorable warrior" stuff out there. Doubt anyone else seriously bought it. Getting rid of obvious threats will probably not be held too seriously against JT except by Coach (and perhaps Tyson.) JT might have increased his odds of making it to final TC if the other survivors now think he might be easier to beat at final TC.

Is one of the messages from this season that cross-tribal alliances are usually not worth pursuing because they are most likely to make you a target of your own tribe? Tyson seemed convinced Brendan had been coming after him. Was that only because of the guessed at alliance with Taj or was there something else?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-24-09, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
Coach did call Sierra dragon droppings though. Then he had that confessional that made him seem like he was a bit sympathetic towards her plight but still unwilling to work with her. Now all those "you made your bed" speeches are going to haunt both him and Debbie.

Agman camouflaged me for S17

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-09, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
After the last episode, Sierra is officially my favorite. Not really due to anthing she did, but due to her attitude and her luck of survival.

Right place, right time, admittedly. But it's unfair to blame her for what the others may or may not have done to alert her to the vote. Afterall, her allies are all gone now.

And I don't understand any comments about her worthlessness. She decided not to search for HI in order to help her camp, she is one of the more reasonable and articulate speakers (compare that to slack jawed Stephen) of the bunch, she works like crazy during challenges (compare that to Coach's lack of effort), and she almost won the lastest immunity.

Of the bunch, IMO Coach easily qualifies as the most worthless.

Go Sierra.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-09, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
Coach's belief that a southern boy like JT is honorable

JT is there for a million $. Everyone going into the game knows that lying is part of the game.
Coach continued to bring up the "honorable" stuff - to JT & at TC - in order to try to guilt JT into sticking with him. If he harped on it enough, JT would be too embarrassed by his 'southern' friends to go against his word.
LOL! JT is not stoopid! He knows that his friends and family know him for who he is - if he is usually honest or not. They all know he's in a game for a whole lot of money.
Another instance of Coach 'thinking' with equipment that is not up to the task.

5 words for Coach: Don't mess with the Redneck.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-24-09, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
All I want to say is IMHO, this was THE best episode, so far, of an almost boring season! Brendan blew the cross-tribal alliance by not honoring his committment to Taj and Stephen, and/or bringing Sierra in the way he promised. Big disappointment!

Who even has the HII right now? Stephen? That's MY guess, but it's been passed around, and voted out so many times, I can't even keep track. The fake one went, and Brendan left with his, so I'm assuming Stephen still has his, and that was the reasoning behind him being punished with Exile last night.

Watching Coach's carp week after week is getting old very fast, so I say CONGRATS to Stephen for picking up this very boring, very slow season! About time to turn some tables and make some moves that actually COUNT! And about time to start slaying the 'Dragon Slayer', and showing him he really IS NOT the head of the pack anymore!

It was totally priceless to see the looks on Coach's and Tyson's faces last night. Almost as priceless as the look on Sierra's!! NOW, the game has begun.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-09, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
Stephen still has Taj's

Fixed that for you. Stephen may think that it's his, but Taj will remind him that it's really hers if she's in danger......

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-24-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
>Stephen still has Taj's
>
>Fixed that for you. Stephen
>may think that it's his,
>but Taj will remind him
>that it's really hers if
>she's in danger......

Stephen still has HIS

Fixed that for you. The idol became Stephen's the second Taj gave it to him. She has no claim to it now. She may ask him for it if she thinks she's in danger, but he has no obligation to give it to her.

04-24-09, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
She does have a claim to it. The only thing is whether or not Stephen feels inclined to honor it. And Stephen, if he wants to stay off Taj's hit list, very well might.

Although there is a rule against stealing the HI, her claim could be legit enough that the producers would let her retrieve it, even if she does so covertly. She did find it, and she does have a claim to ownership.

04-24-09, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
>She does have a claim to
>it. The only thing is
>whether or not Stephen feels
>inclined to honor it.
>And Stephen, if he wants
>to stay off Taj's hit
>list, very well might.
>
>Although there is a rule against
>stealing the HI, her claim
>could be legit enough that
>the producers would let her
>retrieve it, even if she
>does so covertly. She did
>find it, and she does
>have a claim to ownership.

Sorry...this doesn't jibe with anything that the producers and Jeff have said. In fact, in Jeff's blog on EW, the week Taj found the idol, Jeff answered this question directly:

from: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/jeff-probst-b-1.html

>Let me answer your question before you ask it...Stephen
>is absolutely correct that at this moment, the idol belongs
>to him. Case closed.
>
>INSIGHT: Within the rules of Survivor, Taj has absolutely
>zero claim to the idol.
If you give the idol to someone
>for "safe keeping" you better trust them because the person
>who possesses it owns it. Period. The only exception is
>theft –you cannot steal the idol from someone.
>
>So the moment Taj handed that idol to Stephen she gave away
>the single most powerful thing in the game and trust me,
>Stephen is aware of this stroke of luck. Even if she had
>put conditions on it, such as "you have to give it to me if
>I need it" – doesn't matter.
Remember Dreams and Yau-Man
>and the car negotiation for a vote that never materialized.
>Same thing. A Survivor agreement is only as good as the word
>of the person on the other end of the negotiation.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-09, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
That does contradict what happened last season when Sugar had given her HII to Ace, then took it back in the same episode......

04-24-09, 12:29 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
>That does contradict what happened last
>season when Sugar had given
>her HII to Ace, then
>took it back in the
>same episode......

In her interview (I think on this site), she explained that she told him she was going to get it, and he said "ok." That would be his "giving it back" to her, I guess.

04-24-09, 01:46 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
And it doesn't contradict the fact that Taj did find it, and thus does have a claim to it, Jeff's comments notwithstanding. He doesn't seem to understand what the phrase "to make a claim" means. Again, the only point worth discussing is whether Stephen will honor the claim, not whether or not that Taj can make the claim.

And if she does make the claim, Stephen, her alliance mate from way back, might accept it. Or he might not.

I agree that Jeff's comments do seem to preclude the possibility that Taj can covertly take it back, Stephen will have to cooperate.

Moot point, though. The HI is much more powerful as a threat than an actual 'get out of jail free' token, because no one seems to know which TC they are getting voted out at, thus when to use it.

04-24-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
Brendan blew the cross-tribal alliance by not honoring his committment to Taj and Stephen, and/or bringing Sierra in the way he promised. Big disappointment!

Did I miss something? or did you?

Brendan did bring Sierra into the CT alliance - he just didn't get a chance to talk with her before she was sent to EI; but after Taj talked to her; he confirmed the plan when she returned.
Also he had a plan with Taj & Stephen to vote out coach. He didn't know they had pulled JT into their alliance. He didn't know JT had made a plan with the warrior alliance.

So I don't see how he blew it - except by not playing his HII.

04-24-09, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-09 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

If you want to pull for Sierra, I believe that's still your right in this country, I think. I don't think you could find a more under underdog ever considering she thought she was being voted off even before the show started. But there is a reason why everyone who has spent time with her can't stand her. JT had not said a single bad word about anyone in the game, and then he spends 3 days with Sierra and that changes. Obviously, there is something about her that puts people off. Even Debbie and Erin, especially Erin, were pretty rough with her after the Brendan boot. Coach, actually, was about the only one who showed some sympathy for her.
Stephen certainly does have SOME obligation towards Taj in regards to the HII. Technically, since it is in his possession, it may be his, true, but game or no game, he certainly has some ethical obligation. If nothing else, he has the obligation of Taj's vote.
The only mistake Brendan made was the same one Tyson made- trusting Stephen, or trusting JT without realizing that Stephen pulls JT's strings, which amounts to the same thing.
I find it hilarious and telling that some would blame Coach for his talk of "honor" while sympathizing with JT, like JT is the one in the right. Shaking another man's hand and giving him your word is putting your honor on the line; I don't care if you are in the middle of a game for $1 million dollars or not. In a way, the fact that a million dollars is on the line makes it even worse. Isn't throwing ethics aside for money the reason why we're in this mess in the first place?
Yeah, Rob M did the same to Big Tom, but for one, that was necessary at the time, and two, Big Tom was playing Rob the same way Rob was playing him. There should have been no expectation of honor there.
>

04-24-09, 01:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
I'm confused.
I didn't realize anything I said showed any support for Sierra! LOL

But in regards to Sierra? She's make a terrible win.
Yes, the chose to try to build camp instead of looking for the first HII. But since then? She has appeared to be a bit of a sore thumb.
Sierra would have been better off being sent to Exile week after week.

04-24-09, 01:50 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-09 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

As an aside, I like to see coach sent to exile for a couple of days.

I wonder if that would send him completely around the bend, or what stories he'd come back with after being on his own.

And who he'd get mad at for having him sent there. That really could produce a little pot stirring.

04-24-09, 02:00 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
yeah, I was replying to everyone, not just your post. I would take pleasure in seeing Sierra repeatedly sent to EI, but that would be cruel of me.

>

Rahaim 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-24-09, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rahaim Click to send private message to Rahaim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Final 5? "
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-09 AT 01:34 PM (EST)

Take a look at the photo in the opening credits towards the end. freeze the frame and it looks like Steve, JT, Taj, Debbie, Errin, and Sierra are the final 5.(was unable to download the photo). OOPS! When I blew the photo up, It shows the final seven, This photo has been in the opening credits for over a month.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-03-09, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
Here I am, late to the party! I will miss Tyson's quirky, mean, funny personality - who IS he really? Was it all an act? The Reunion Show should be really interesting. . . He might just be sitting on the side all by himself.

I'm glad that someone FINALLY voted for a competitor to save themselves. FINALLY!!! The women should have started a voting strategy of their own LONG AGO to get rid of the physically stronger males. This vote finally showed some backbone and I loved seeing Coach and Tyson's reaction too. Though JT and Stephen lost any credibility when they voted off Sierra this past week; saying SHE was the liar when it really is Coach. Maybe they just wanted more peace and quiet back at camp? I just have a really hard time believing they can't see through that jerk.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-03-09, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-09 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

I enjoyed Tyson's personality, as well. This was only solidified when I watched the Loser Lodge webisodes. He is hilarious!

ETA: The clip when he goes running after gorging on food and the one when he invented the slip 'n slide for "exercise" had me laughing hysterically.

05-05-09, 01:09 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Tyson gets knocked out"
Tyson was an all time hilarious player.

I don't think it made any difference whether Sierra was lying or Coach or Santa Claus. With Erinn solidly on board, Stephen, JT and Taj have the ability to vote out whoever they want when they want. In the end, I think it just came down to a preference to spend 3 more days with Debbie versus 3 more days with Sierra. They probably would have voted for Coach if he had not won immunity.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •