The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-17-09, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
Every player this week gets a ton of credit for being able to do something I wouldn't have had a prayer of accomplishing...keeping a straight face when Benji was telling his pygmy abduction story.

If anything, this TC outcome suggests Brendan's survival chances were slim last episode (unless he played his HII.) Brendan would have worked it...He could have swayed Erinn because she hates the Dragonslayer...Who knows how Debbie or Taj would have voted...Joe's injury saved Tyson's a$$...were interesting speculations that livened up this Board. At least it appears Joe's unfortunately medi-vac did not change the course of the game significantly that I thought might happen.

1) TYSON (1,1,1,1,2,5) - About as easy as it gets ranking a #1 player. Most prior IC runs have come against subpar players or remaining castaways who were pathetically inept. Tyson keeps on beating formiddable opponents. And he's still a riot to listen to. If all that is not worthy of a #1 ranking, telling Sierra in the preview she's "not smart enough to be a mastermind" seals the deal. Geez Tyson, why did you sugarcoat it...why not tell Sierra straight-out?! *snort*

2) JT (3,7,4,6,6,1) - Although Tyson is #1 in my ranking, JT is #1 on my wish list to win this season. Love his effort, adore his likability, and admire how he always ends up in a good position. And a big THANK YOU for elaborating on my Erinn story from last week..."If I need her vote I'll call on her." That pretty much sums it up.

3) STEVE (2,2,3,3,4,3) - Had to drop you dude. Arguably the best Survivor mind this season, but having an orgasmic experience when taking over an hour to start a fire on Day 22...on a show called "Survivor"? Just think what might happen if he could actually win a challenge? They'll have to bring the medics in to revive him after he passes out.

MAJOR DROP-OFF

4) TAJ (5,5,2,2,5,4) - I've never been an advocate of the Battle of the Sexes format, but now that the F8 are evenly distributed by gender, it may be a perfect time for Taj to strengthen her bond with Steven and pick off the alpha males. Realistically it's the only hope I see her having to reach the Finals.

5) DEBBIE (6,6,8,7,13,14) - Her name has never come up in any pecking order of elimination. If the Anti-Darwin Syndrome starts to kick-in, Debbie is a player who could go on a mini IC run against remaining subpar castaways. But a lot would have to happen for that to occur; I still see her as a solid F5 or F4 but not much after that.

6) DRAGONSLAYER (8,8,9,9,11,9) - Where do I start...where do I finish??? Benji would know firsthand that Sierra is the "bowel movement" of the dragon because Benji himself is the A$$ of this mythical creature. Jiffy's reaction to Benji's death escaping stories was priceless. The only time I saw Jeff's eyes bulge further out of his head was when Billy professed his love (and assumed Candace's love for him) on Cook Islands. A coach movie was suggested at TC. Here are a few recycled movie titles that would be apropos..."The Jerk", "Liar, Liar", and "I am Legend". How could anyone NOT want to be sitting next to this guy in the Finals?

7) ERINN (9,10T,10,11,12,11) - She'll remain worthless until some alliance (HMMM does Erinn even know what this word means?) needs her vote. When JT asked her about an alliance at the fishing hole her reply should have been, "Me? Alliance? Golly Gee JT, I've been playing with house money since episode three." Good Grief!

8) SIERRA (7,4,6,4,3,2) - She put all her eggs in one basket, and that basket came crashing to the ground at TC. Should be the next to go but stranger things have happened on Survivor. If she advances primarily on her crying and tears I think I'll throw-up.

BOOTED) BRENDAN (4,3,5,5,1,7) - At least he went down swinging. Had he known he was dead in the water last episode he would have A) played his HII, and B) got a full night's sleep. Now he's the first Cartwright on the Ponderosa. He displayed great humility and exhibited total class in his exit; I expect him to be a voice of reason on the Jury.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 garcor 04-17-09 1
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 iltarion 04-18-09 2
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 Aruba 04-18-09 3
       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 LFJ 04-18-09 4
           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 iltarion 04-19-09 6
       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 sol 04-18-09 5
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 michel 04-19-09 7
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 garcor 04-19-09 8
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 iltarion 04-20-09 9
       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 michel 04-20-09 10
           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 iltarion 04-21-09 11
               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 michel 04-21-09 12
                   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 iltarion 04-21-09 13
                       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 michel 04-21-09 14
                           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 iltarion 04-22-09 15
                               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 michel 04-22-09 18
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 CTgirl 04-22-09 16
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 sol 04-22-09 17
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9 cycles2k 04-23-09 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-17-09, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
1) JT: Should have been the #1 target for Timbura. Instead everyone wants to be his ally. He must be one likeable guy. Could easily see the Jalapao's picking up the loose (in the sense they have no where else to go, thank you) votes of Erinn and Sierra and picking off Tyson or Coach. At some point you would think he should become the #1 target of everyone who wants to win but it hasn't happened yet.

2) Steve: Can't hurt that he can make fire and appeared to have no problem handling exile non-island. Expect him to initiate the breaking up of the Tyson/Coach/Debbie bloc if he's as smart as has appeared.

3) Tyson: For his IC performances rather than his strategizing. Looks like he will be giving a cold shoulder to Sierra and given Erinn's dislike for Coach, shouldn't Tyson be concerned he could end up in an alliance of three vs. five?

4) Taj: Don't see her winning if JT, Steve, or Tyson are still there at final TC but could see her getting to final TC. Having the remaining II doesn't hurt.

5) Sierra: Out of sympathy for her ridiculous characterization by you know who. Still like her but was far too much riding Brendan's coattales. Unless he secretly gave her his II (not sure why he would but then why would he want to ally with JT rather than Taj?) her best shot appears to be to hope to be courted by the Jalapao's and wait for them to turn on each other hoping to slide by as a non-threat. Competed reasonably well in challenges.

6) Debbie: Was completely overshadowed even when one of three survivors on a reward trip. Does compete hard in challenges. Hard to see her as a threat so could stay a while.

7) Erinn: Someone has to want her vote, unless Sierra and Erinn are voted out in order as easy decisions before the fireworks begin.

8) Dr. Livingstone, I presume. aka "The Chosen One": This guy could singlehandedly keep a small town's worth of psychiatrists and therapists employed. First couple of seasons there was a lot of projecting and rationalizing going on due to early survivors difficulties in admitting they were lying to and manipulating other people for money. After a few seasons it became playing the game and few survivors worried about it. Coach; aka The Dragonslayer, The Weatherman, etc., etc. appears to employ enough projecting and rationalizing for several people as part of his everyday life. If you challenge his delusional sense of overachievement (especially if you are a woman) you are called a cancer or dragon dung. Expect he targeted Brendan mainly because in one of his more lucid moments he recognized that Brendan was far more successful than him in the "real" world that exists outside Coach's imagination.
Anyway; he can still be funny in a sad way and it would be hilarious to hear his final TC speech. Would like to see him last for that reason alone.

Gone: Brendan. aka "The Dragon." Seemed like he seriously erred in not shoring up his alliance with Taj immediately after merge. Don't think the apparent switch to JT helped him at all. Probably also should have been aware of Coach and Tyson's desire to get rid of him. But with personalities like Coach and Tyson, who knows? Neither seems particularly rational. Brendan might have been gone the minute Coach suggesting removing him to the Jalapao's. Brendan made too inviting a target. JT, Steve or Taj might all like their chances of beating Coach or Tyson at final TC.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-09, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
Entertaining and surprising episode.

1. JT - Moves to #1 for being so likable that players actually want to keep him around just for that. Also gets props for seemingly making alliances with everyone. I don't believe he is controlling any votes, but he is staying on the right side of them. His story has expanded to the point that he might actually have a chance to win this. Tyson keeps beating him in the challenges, but he is right there.
2. Tyson - Dominant in challenges and got his way with the vote. His commentary carries the season. He was obviously aware of the threat that Brendan posed and countered it. Is he aware of the threat that Stephen and JT are? That is the question.
3. Stephen - His Exile Island story would not have been told for an unimportant player. It may have taken him a while to get fire, but he did get it. The ultimate threat is the one that no one sees. Going with Tyson and Coach instead of Brendan and Sierra makes sense for Stephen, not JT.
4. Coach - Called his shot and came through. That has to be worthy of a spot at least this high. Lots of people seem ready to call Coach a liar. Every story could be true for all we know. Would people feel stupid then? Removing Brendan doesn't exactly jive with his strategy of taking "warriors" to the end, which is a very admirable strategy, by the way, but one can hardly blame him since Brendan was targeting him as well.
5. Taj- Really going quiet. Still has access to an HII and has a chance if she can keep Stephen and JT loyal.
6. Debbie- Won RC and has a strong alliance with Tyson and Coach who momentarily have control of the game.
7. Erinn- Trying with forming the bond with JT. I don't know if that is a good idea for JT since everyone who has aligned with her has been shortly dismissed. I was surprised she stuck with Coach and Tyson over Brendan, but she seems to like Tyson and Timbura knows it has the numbers to feed on itself for a TC or two.
8. Sierra- Horrible episode for her that puts her firmly on the block even while being no threat. Tyson and Coach's comments suggest a dislike for her that I doubt is relegated to only them.

1 Angry Man

Brendan- I was pretty surprised he got the door. Might have been his most likable episode and he went out with class. Did he really plan on trying to help JT win just because he liked him? Wow. In building his Exile Island alliance, he maybe forgot to build a stronger one in his own tribe. Ultimately fell victim to other alpha males who saw their opportunity.

>

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
>Lots of people seem ready
>to call Coach a liar.
>Every story could be true
>for all we know. Would
>people feel stupid then?

Not really. I respect the fact that just because a person has been caught in a lie it does not suggest that EVERY word uttered from their mouth is a falsehood. But when an individual has been caught in a lie, it's not stupidity to suggest they could be lying again...this is the case with Benji.

Long story short, he lied to his employer back at home and consquently his coaching contract was not renewed. The man lied. Once again that does not suggest that his outrageous pygmy abduction story could also be a lie, but assumptions and opinions will always be posted on these Boards. I base my assumptions and opinions on what was said, heard, read, and reported in prior context. I have no reservation calling Coach a liar, but then again I would have no problem called 95%+ of all players casted for Survivor liars.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-18-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
Hey Aruba,

I agree with you about the lying. But Coach takes lying to the next level.

It might be interesting to think of Coach as a Confabulator - someone who, on their feet, can fill in the blanks in his stories/answers, which are really nothing more than wild imaginings. Only a nugget of truth needs to exist for these talented raconteurs. Confabulation is pathologic. He has probably been at this most of his life - the foundation of everything he does/achieves.

In short; The story he told the other night, and his grandiose delusions and affect suggest he is not playing with a full deck.

04-19-09, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
Confabulator, never heard that term before, sounds like an engine part for a car. The more common term is "pathological liar." I am quite familiar with them.
Coach having lied before does cause a reasonable person to doubt his word now, but again, he is only a confabulator if what he says is indeed untrue, a construction of his imagination. I don't think anyone here can say for sure that is the case.

>

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-18-09, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
Hahaha ... good one

"It's not a total lie ... several words were true."

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-09, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
1) JT (3,4,3,5,5,4)- He threw away an option to get to the finals but he seems to have many other options to get there.

2) STEPHEN (4,5,6,2,2,2,3)- Great episode for the Wizard but he should learn to shut up with comments like "I'm happy JT is here with a much bigger target on his back".

3) ERINN (7,1,1,4,3,2)- For someone who didn't have any alliances, she used a simple remark from Joe to start an alliance with the player controlling the game. What will it bring?

4) TAJ (9,6,4,6,6,6)- Her confessional proved just how stupid Timbira's plans were.

5) SIERRA (1,3,2,3,4,5) - She trusted players that she didn't know.

6) DEBBIE (12,13,8,8,8,7)- She trusts the stupid players

7) Coach (8,8,11,10,10,9)- Not guilty for reason of insanity.
As for his Amazon story, I believe that he was given the DVD of Vanuatu before leaving for Brazil. Ami and the Yasur women would appear as an angry indigenous tribe in his eyes so he pictured himself in the role of Chris. So much that he made it his own.

Since the "Coach is a liar debate" is raging, let it be known that he lied when he said: "Only 3 people know this story". He had told every producer of the show that story already.

8) TYSON (5,10,12,7,7,8)- Guilty of killing his tribe and his own game. He found a way to turn a 6-3 advantage into a 3-5 disadvantage with 1 vote. That's pretty hard to do, even Lex couldn't do it despite his best efforts.

Booted) BRENDAN (2,2,5,1,1,1)- He shouldn't have told JT he wanted to take him to the final so soon. That made the alliance offer appear devious. But what can you do when stupid players are ready to destroy their own games?

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-19-09, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
Good explanation for how Coach came up with his captured by natives story. Could see him viewing Ami and company as hostile midget warriors out to beat him with clubs.

04-20-09, 11:52 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
So, just like that Sierra and Erinn are with Jalapao? I assume that's what you mean with the 3-5 breakdown. Where does that conclusion come from? Spoilerville?
Tyson obviously trusts JT and Stephen to stick with the plan. If they don't, then that is being deceived, not destroying your own game. Considering Brendan was gunning for Tyson, it isn't like he had much of a choice in getting rid of him, at the end.

>

04-20-09, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
>So, just like that Sierra and
>Erinn are with Jalapao? I
>assume that's what you mean
>with the 3-5 breakdown. Where
>does that conclusion come from?
>Spoilerville?

That hardly qualifies as a spoiler: Coach and Tyson had been gunning for Erinn from day #7 so Tyson knew he had one outsider in his alliance. I mean, even Joe saw that Erinn could flip. If Joe knew, everybody knew!

Tyson's plan voodoo to protect against the HII created a new outsider in Sierra. His behavior seen during the preview shows he doesn't really care what she does. Sierra needs Jalapao. It can't be more straightforward than that.

>Tyson obviously trusts JT and Stephen
>to stick with the plan.

This in itself would be incredibly stupid.

>If they don't, then that
>is being deceived, not destroying
>your own game.

Why not have voted Taj out first, reducing their options? Tyson had no reason to put his future in Stephen and JT's hands. That's destroying your own game.

>Considering Brendan
>was gunning for Tyson, it
>isn't like he had much
>of a choice in getting
>rid of him, at the
>end.

First, we are not sure whether or not Tyson was aware of that. Even if Tyson was aware of the plot, Brendan had covered his angles much more than Tyson had. He hadn't antagonized Erinn or Debbie so they would have been much less likely to jump ship. In fact, Erinn may have been very grateful to see Coach go. Also, Brendan's alliance included all 3 Jalapaos, removing another possible loose end. And, finally, Tyson would have been the lone player, someone that had already shown he could win immunities. If I'm a Jalapao, I'm much more likely to use Erinn or Sierra as an extra vote than giving an extra life to the challenge hog.

Brendan gunning for Coach this early wasn't the smartest thing to do but it was less destructive than Tyson going for Brendan.

04-21-09, 01:29 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
Doesn't much matter if Tyson knew Brendan was gunning for him. The fact remains he was. Tyson and Coach were fortunate to come out on top, even if it endangers them for the rest of the game. Brendan could have went on an immunity run, very capable, or used his HII to gain control of the game. If Brendan was vulnerable and unsuspecting, that was as good a time as any to move. They could not know if they would get another chance. Sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot. And yeah, Tyson has to trust JT and Stephen, just like JT has to trust Stephen and Stephen has to trust JT and Taj. That's the way the game is played. Let's not be fooled by the previews. It is a little early to talk about Tyson's treatment of Sierra. The previews only showed him telling her he didn't think she was smart enough to be the mastermind behind the plan to oust Coach. That maybe an honest more than a cutting remark.

>

04-21-09, 08:45 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-09 AT 08:47 AM (EST)

"Tyson has to trust JT and Stephen, just like JT has to trust Stephen and Stephen has to trust JT and Taj. That's the way the game is played"

The enormous difference is that JT, Stephen and Taj have spent 24 days together and have gone through 5 Tribal Councils together, voting with each other. There's a reason to trust, at least to a point. Tyson went to one TC with them and they were in a desperate situation. That's not a reason to trust someone in the slightest.

I'll give you that there could be more to Tyson's remark but I think it will only be worse. Remember his comment: "she's only here to give stupid people hope" and combine that with the other previewed scene where Coach tells her she's next to go and we see where this is going.

04-21-09, 02:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-09 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

I agree in the sizable fundamental difference there, but then how ironic might it be if JT can trust Coach more than Stephen? I really believe Coach wants his "warriors to the end" strategy, which would include JT; whereas, we have to know Stephen will dump JT when it becomes expedient to do so. That story was told in Stephen's reaction to JT revealing Brendan wanted to take him to the end- "That's crazy!" No, Stephen is quite aware that if he gets into a final with JT, he loses.
In a way, Coach's strategy is a mutation of the strategy I've been suggesting for years- the strong joining with the strong, which would prevent the anti-Darwinism (though I hate to get Aruba going by even mentioning that) that normally victimizes the strong during this part of the game. Of course, it is questionable whether Coach is really following that strategy himself since he just targeted and booted Brendan, one of the strongest members of either tribe.
Regardless, if Sierra is saved next episode, it will be thanks to the above-mentioned targeting of the strong, most likely either Tyson or Coach, and not due to any action of Sierra or Erinn, who I will imagine will continue to do nothing but hope to skate by once again. The clips of Sierra crying and pleading with Tyson and Coach are either a ruse or a clear indication that she isn't going to anyone else for help. Really, who is left that could put the 5 together that they need? Stephen only, with maybe Taj, if she woke up. JT has proven adept on a person-to-person basis, but he is not the kind of guy to put together a voting block to turn the game.
So, I guess the question remains- is it in Stephen's best interest to take control now and begin the dismissing of the strong? I think a good argument can be made that it isn't in his best interest right now. Sierra being booted would reduce old Timbura by one more with Tyson and Coach taking the blame for the boot. That would put two Timbura tribemembers on the jury who would both be inclined to vote for a Jalapao to win. Whereas, turning on Tyson and Coach now could cost Stephen 3 votes in the Finals. On the otherhand, the same logic used to justify Brendan's boot could be used to justify going after Tyson or Coach, especially Tyson. If Tyson loses the next IC and you have the numbers to boot him, it would be pretty tempting not to. As said, sometimes you need to strike when the iron is hot.

>

04-21-09, 08:16 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
"I agree in the sizable fundamental difference there, but then how ironic might it be if JT can trust Coach more than Stephen?"

The question was: Why did Tyson trust them? If JT gets blindsided by Stephen, THAT is being deceived, being outwitted by a smarter player. If Tyson and Coach get blindsided by Stephen and JT that was because they stupidly opened the door.

As for the rest, I've always said that there's nothing wrong with the strong aligning together, there is nothing wrong with targeting the strong and there is nothing wrong with staying back quietly. The goal is to get to the end. I don't think Tyson made the right moves. Stephen has and it should be interesting to see how he navigates from here.

04-22-09, 11:01 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-09 AT 11:02 AM (EST)

I agree there is nothing wrong with targeting the strong. It is a logical strategy. The logic of this is why I have always said it is more difficult to win this game while a strong player. It is counter to logic, while at the same time being perfectly logical on its face. I don't disagree with the strategy; it just has poor entertainment value to me for reasons already rehashed into antiquity.
I guess contrary to what Tyson has said of himself, the only moves we have seen Tyson make is the gathering of a 3 person alliance and the move on Brendan. I agree his strategy has been lacking based off what we have seen. A 3 person alliance isn't enough to protect you. Strategically, Tyson is basically riding Coach's coattails while simultaneously dominating in challenges. That is a combination that is not likely to work. Coach offers him no protection when HE is the one who is the perceived threat, not Coach.
So, yeah, from what we've seen so far, Tyson has played poorly strategically. I just don't agree that he has "destroyed his game." If the wiser moves would have been to draw Erin and Sierra in for protection, those are moves he well should have made before this. You have to first have a game before you can destroy it. Haha... No, I would describe his game based off what we've seen as a strong social and physical game will strategically trying to hide behind Coach. As a great lover of the social game, one would think Tyson would rank higher on your lists just for that. He is arguably the best social player in the game, with JT and Stephen being right there. He is well-liked, even while winning the challenges. Erin expressed that herself at TC.

>

04-22-09, 08:29 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
I saw that Tyson was a bad social player when he told Coach and Debbie: "Guys, Brendan is making friends with the other side. He needs to go next." A good social player would have thought: "Brendan is making friends with the other side. I want to be in on that so I'll make Brendan my new best friend."

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-09, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
1. J.T. – He’s a nice guy, but he’s almost too good to be true. EVERYONE loves him. Has anyone ever been so totally loved by his fellow players?! It's his game to lose right now.

2. Stephen – Nice job on exile and a defining moment for him: making a fire on his own was like winning his own reward. He continues to be a spazz in most challenges but he is coming off as the least threatening male out there and that’s a great place to be in. He and JT are quite the power couple.

3. Taj – I love the way she’s sitting back and letting Timbira take each other out. It doesn’t take a major strategist to know that she won’t be in the minority for long.

4. Debbie – She’s in a solid alliance and does well at most challenges. We don’t know her very well, but there’s not much to dislike.

5. Erinn – It isn’t good to be so un-allied this late in the game. Her alliance might just use her until they don’t need her votes any more.

6. Sierra – She is doing nothing strategically. She totally relied on Brendan and now she’s in the hot seat.

7. Tyson – I enjoy his dry wit but he's getting nastier as the game goes on. I'm not feeling the love for him that I did earlier - and I was cheering against him in the immunity challenge.

8. “The Chosen One” – He is delusional, and he pouted like a four-year-old who was told he couldn’t have any candy after losing the reward challenge. His stories were so over the top this week that they were funny. And of course he’s thrown balls underhanded at tiles before. I never doubted that! *snort*

Booted: Brendan – it’s always a disappointment when the genuinely nice guy/girl leaves and I was shocked by his boot. I fell for the editing: when Coach told his whopper, I thought he was a goner. Brendan’s fault was that he approached Survivor like a business proposition but forgot that you have to take care of your workers (his secret alliance) if you’re going to succeed. Trying to getting JT to the finals was a silly goal at Final 9 and helped cause his downfall.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-22-09, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
Jiffy says that Coach makes good television, but for me the outrageous storyteller is a good reason to miss this season. But I'm starting to understand why Jiffy has this great affection for Coach ... they're two of a kind. Jiffy has become bloated with self importance now that he has a blog.

1 - Tyson (1,1,1,2,1) - Tyson is the reason for me to watch this season. His comments are funny (to me) and he has the physical skills to win all the II's. But he does have his pride, and that will be his downfall. So I'll enjoy his comments, and game, while I can.

2 - JT (3,3,2,7,1) - has shown the same ability to lie to someones face and have them swallow it hook, line and sinker. And he has physical game as well. Popular enough with the others to last a while.

3 - Stephen (2,2,3,3,2) - at one time I may have considered that Stephen was the brains and JT was the brawn in their alliance, but I see JT with a lot of intelligence in his game. Stephen has grown a lot from his experience, making fire was an epiphany for him. His communication skills are very good, and his mind is in the end game.

4 - Debbie (7,7,9,12,13) - with all the big players around her story is still in the background, but she has aligned with important people who have big targets when it gets to that.

5 - Erinn (8,8,7,11,10) - her fishing trip with JT showed she was playing the game .... at least a bit. But there's no reason to believe she caught anything, JT teased her by nibbling on her bait, but didn't commit to the hook.

6 - Taj (5,6,6,5,5) - doesn't appear to any part of the decision making. She'll be kept for her vote.

7 - Sierra (6,4,5,4,7) - has made an enemy in Coach, which means Tyson and Debbie also. Her best friend may be a producer, but that won't help in this game.

8 - the deluded one (9,11,12,13,14) - it would be a good idea for the Survivor psychologist to track this guy for a while ... he is definitely a candidate for the loony bin. His inability to differentiate between reality and fantasy could - and maybe should - see him institutionalized.

No longer hungry - Brendan - gave Stephen enough time to plant a seed in Taj's mind to betray the exile alliance, and that was his biggest flaw. Totally believed TJ's lie. Good guys don't often finish first in a game of outlie, outbetray, and outbackstab.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-23-09, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 9"
1) TAJ - I think she knows what she is doing but she hasn't demonstrated a lot of skill lately.

2) JT - Nice guy, not much of a thinker.

3) SIERRA - I still think she's hot and I like the kid. What can I say?

4) STEVE - Over-rated.

5) DEBBIE - Who?

6) TYSON - funny but spiteful. Is "professional cyclist" code for bike courier?

7) ERINN - I don't get her at all.

8) COACH - Might just be as self delusional than Richard Hatch.

BOOTED) BRENDAN - Class act all the way.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •