The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Bob Love Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-08, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Bob Love Thread."
Seriously, majorly, unfairly overdue. Come in, adore, and leave with that warm contented feeling deep in your heart, knowing that this time -- and it could always be for the last time -- the human won.

He almost made bow ties sexy.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Bob Love Thread. mia rules18 12-15-08 1
 RE: The Bob Love Thread. Max Headroom 12-15-08 2
 RE: The Bob Love Thread. byoffer 12-15-08 3
   RE: The Bob Love Thread. jbug 12-15-08 5
   RE: The Bob Love Thread. Prof_ Wagstaff 12-15-08 6
   RE: The Bob Love Thread. CTgirl 12-15-08 10
       RE: The Bob Love Thread. Karchita 01-09-09 21
 RE: The Bob Love Thread. Sunny_Bunny 12-15-08 4
 RE: The Bob Love Thread. Bebo 12-15-08 7
 RE: The Bob Love Thread. Fishercat 12-15-08 8
   RE: The Bob Love Thread. Estee 12-15-08 9
       RE: The Bob Love Thread. PsychoKitty 12-28-08 15
   RE: The Bob Love Thread. mindy23 12-15-08 11
   RE: The Bob Love Thread. Jims02 12-15-08 12
 RE: The Bob Love Thread. Ahtumbreez 12-15-08 13
 RE: The Bob Love Thread. DoodleBug 12-15-08 14
 RE: The Bob Love Thread. PsychoKitty 12-28-08 16
   RE: The Bob Love Thread. qwertypie 12-29-08 17
       RE: The Bob Love Thread. PsychoKitty 12-29-08 18
   RE: The Bob Love Thread. garcor 12-29-08 19
 Catching up Karchita 01-09-09 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-15-08, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-08 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

My house got broken into last week. I've been in a rotten mood since. Last night, I screamed and hugged and jumped up and down with my family when Bob made that tie breaker fire... then again for the big win. It just felt like for once the good guy finished first!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
My wife and I agreed that we would boycott the next Survivor season if Susie won.

Thankfully, she didn't.

And the right person did.

Agman 2008

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Things that I want my survivor winner to be:
- good at survival in the outdoors -> check (make that double check)
- good at challenges -> check (5 checks)
- pleasant with others -> check (though he wasn't in a tight alliance, others seemed to like him)
- strategic when needed -> check (no need to be over strategic and gain targets)
- willing to be goofy -> check (that F5 challenge outfit alone!)

Add up the checks, and he gets the big cheque (actually 2 cheques, one from Sprint).

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
add
- able to appreciate the beauty of the place
- able to appreciate the opportunity for the experience - and mean it (not just mouth the words)

Santa is shakin! bobblin! Thanks Tribe!

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-15-08, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Hmmm... You wouldn't by chance be Czech, would you?

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Except for Ozzy, have we ever had a Survivor who was as comfortable surviving in the outdoors as Bob? In 17 seasons, we've had Survivors win because of their social skills and we've had Survivors win because of their strength and smarts, but this is the first winner who's been a true outdoorsman. He got to the merge because he was needed and valued for his outdoor skills, and then he rocked the challenges. It's nice to see someone win who took a different path to the top.

And I wish I had had a physics teacher like Bob in high school. I can't even remember who my physics teacher was!

Dash Away by Agman - bobbled by Tribe

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-09, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
There were some outdoorsy type in the earlier seasons. Rudy and Gretchen come to mind. It seems that they often get voted off pretty early and that there are fewer of them cast now than there were in the earlier days. I think it was Hunter whose skills were really needed by his young, dumbass tribemates who had one of the best bootee speeches ever, something along the lines of 'I went camping with a bunch of idiots and this is how they thanked me.'

Bob has to be a fantastic physics teacher. I don't remember mine very well either, but if I had a teacher like Bob, who knows, I could have actually learned something.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Finally, a winner that we agreed was the person who deserved to win it.

Congratulations, Bob.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
When my mother and sister left my house yesterday afternoon, we didn't say goodbye, we said "Go Bob." When Bob made fire, I called them and we exulted about how cool he was to practice. When the final vote was announced, I called them and my mother answered the phone by sarcastically saying, "Darn it, I wanted Susie to win." Bob brings families closer.

We had some major Bob love over the phone, then I enjoyed the warm fuzzy feeling I had inside. I also laughed when Jiffy asked how Susie got those votes, thinkin, "Oh, it wasn't just me."

I had the hardest time not giving it away when someone at work said he hadn't watched the tape yet. I just wanted to share the Bob love.

And bow ties are sexy - I lvoe it when Mr. B wears one.

Bob rocks.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
The best thing I can say about Bob is that at least he wasn't Ace, Matty, Marcus, or Corrine.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Don't forget: he also wasn't Michelle.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-28-08, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Was there a Michelle on this show? ;)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-15-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Bob was all the older good guys before him (Yau Man, Terry, etc), who did great, should have won, but didn't. He epitomized what Survivor fans have been looking for for a very long time!

No more leaches like Richard Hatch; no more under the radars; no more nasties (men and women) and a big yes to HELLO, MR. NICE GUY!!!

It could not have happened to a greater guy, and I know that even most of the jurors are proud to have known him! Randy? Not so much, but he'll think twice when he loses his dog and has nothing and no one again. Hopefully.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Ditto.

You have to admit, he's got to be pretty amazing or something. He actually confessed to the jury that he rode coattails and still won the game. You've got to have a certain amount of awesomeness to do that.

Overall, I think Bob's a nice guy and I'm glad he won for that reason. But his win will probably be regarded as one of the flukier.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Love, love, love Bob. This is what Survivor is all about. I watch every season hoping the Good Guy/Gal will win. By Final 2/3 I'm just hoping the lesser of two evils win. This season, hip hip hooray!

He was a coat tail riding, strategic playing, immunity winning, false immunity idol making son-of-a-gun and I love him.

I'd bet money, he buys Mrs Bob something nice, saves a bunch and keeps right on teaching.

Christmas at Agbeach 2008

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-08, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
It took 17 seasons but we finally got the win we were all hoping for. This may go down as the perfect season because of who won. If Matty had been there in place of Susie, it would have been a better season. I really think Bob would have won either way.

My husband and I were laughing when Bob started practicing fire making in the woods when he went to be alone. He's so darn smart!

Thank you, Sugar, for letting fate decide.

12-28-08, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
I was so happy that Bob won! It was amazing that he survived that long in such a youth driven show - he really worked it. He was useful and helpful, and great in challenges and in supporting "the team." Then when he had to, he started winning the individual immunities. Ken was such a "loser" calling him out on his "promise." Bob made very few if any false moves. And I was so glad he was left standing!!! Smart man practicing his fire technique! That was a great moment. And yes, thanks to Sugar for giving him a chance. But he won it ON HIS OWN.

Thank god the right person won for once!!!! (Take THAT Perverty! ) And we won too - with a real nailbiter finale!

Sorry it took me so long to post - have been busy!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
And he makes kick-a$$ jewelry too.

12-29-08, 04:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
Right on Qwertypie! Amazing jewelry!!!! ;)

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-29-08, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Bob Love Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 12-29-08 AT 11:44 PM (EST)

Glad he won as seemed like a pretty good guy and certainly proved his usefullness around camp; also outcompeted other competitors in challenges once most of the stronger players were gone. Not so sure of his strategy though; didn't really seem to have one beyond the fake IC necklaces. But sometimes personality is a strategy of its own; if you get along with people it might just get you votes.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-09, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Catching up"
I just watched the finale last night; I've got a bit of backlog around here you might say.

Anyhow ... YES! YEA! HURRAY! BOB ROCKS!

DH was pulling for him from the first episode, but I never thought he would make it. Nice guys just don't win that often.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •