The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Making the game too personal."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-08, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Making the game too personal."
The ultimate (and oft-failed) argument someone in the F2 can present in front of the jury is 'It's just the game. You can't take it personally. I did what I had to because it was the game. This isn't how I'd act outside it. It's just how the game itself forces me to be. Vote based on how I played, not on how it made me look or how it made you feel.'

This cast has never heard of that argument.

The last couple of boots have been about nothing except personality conflict. A postgame-revealed problem between Charlie and Ken: Ken targets Charlie. The majority alliance is fed up with Randy, doesn't have the brains to carry him as a jury non-threat, and they have the numbers to get rid of him without fuss or bother -- but that's not good enough: they have to humiliate him on the way out. And their target? Votes to bounce the single weakest person in that alliance, not because it's game-related in any way, but because it's personal, and says so on the spot.

These aren't strategists. These are first graders running around screaming to their teacher about who hit who first -- when in reality, they've all been pounding on each other the whole time, and it's really a race to see who can get the most people in trouble.

The F2/3 is going to face a very ugly, very angry jury -- including those from the majority alliance, because they don't have the maturity to see their ouster as 'just being the game'. What can they say to justify their actions? Nothing, because it was personal, and some of them would smugly boast about it. And what will the jury listen to? Nothing. Some of them don't hear anything but the constant howl of rage echoing in their skulls.

This is going to get a lot uglier before it's over. I don't think there's any way to stop it. And I wonder if this is what the producers really wanted...

If it was, then the next season will be worse.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Making the game too personal. jbug 11-21-08 1
 RE: Making the game too personal. iltarion 11-21-08 2
   RE: Making the game too personal. Estee 11-21-08 3
       RE: Making the game too personal. garcor 11-21-08 4
 RE: Making the game too personal. jbug 12-12-08 5
   RE: Making the game too personal. Aruba 12-13-08 6
       RE: Making the game too personal. vince3 12-13-08 7
           RE: Making the game too personal. garcor 12-15-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-08, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Making the game too personal."
If Matty or Corrine or Bob don't make it to the Final, I can't imagine who Randy will vote for.
No one has ever refused to cast a vote. Randy could be the first.
Wonder if MB put a clause in the contract that you vote or he sues you.

My name is Jbug and I'm a shopaholic (Agman is too)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-21-08, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Making the game too personal."
Good post, Estee. I think you overstated things at times, (rage echoing in their heads?), but you certainly hit on the underlying tone of this season. These people just don't like each other. Personally, one of the main reasons I watch Survivor or any other reality TV is to see strangers interact and bond and form relationships with each other that end up having value. It is all interesting and sometimes educational to see what makes strangers come together or what makes strangers dislike each other. There doesn't seem to be any strong relationships this season. It is everyone lying and deceiving and playing their own game. I have a hard time getting into that.

>

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-08, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Making the game too personal."
(rage echoing in their heads?)

I was thinking of Randy and Crystal when I wrote that, with the potential to add Corinne. (Randy's entire existence is a single extended howl of jealousy. Corinne isn't far behind, and Crystal runs on pure rage against whoever offended her last.) The real struggle on the jury with all three present there would be to see who would make the most bitter speech -- and each might try to figure out who the other two was voting for just as to go against them.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-08, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Making the game too personal."
I think a lot of it is the producers; either choosing players who portray themselves as being mean spirited (Randy, Corinne); or encouraging participants to play up to the cameras (Corinne's rant about Sugar being a moron for one.)

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Making the game too personal."
I've been watching the videos from Ponderosa.
Wow! Corrine is a real bltch!
She carries on about how cool she & her friends are and how stoopid and all the others are.
Talk about taking it personal!
It's like she can not comprehend that everyone was there to try to win - not just her.
When Crystal arrived, they all completely ignored her!
There were even production people around to talk with her I guess cause the others wouldn't. Well Randy finally talked to her but you can imagine how ugly he was.
Charlie admitted that he really didn't know Crystal and had nothing to base anything against her on - but... he has to ignore her too so that his friends don't get mad at him. LOL Talk about schoolyard children!
And when they rode to Crystal's first TC? The others rode together and she rode in another van.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-13-08, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Making the game too personal."
WOW...interesting tidbit of information. Thanks for sharing!

HMMM...smells like a "block vote" to me. Should they have a F3, those four could carry the vote and declare a winner regardless of the other three. Sure glad our Justice System doesn't work that way! LOL

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-08, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Making the game too personal."
I could've sworn that when RTVW interviewed Biotch Corrine, she basically had stated that fact.......

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-15-08, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Making the game too personal."
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-08 AT 09:48 PM (EST)

Was carried to its ultimate conclusion at final TC with Corinne's appalling remarks to Sugar and Sugar's one-fingered response. Can understand that Sugar's in game mood swings might have worn on people after a while (as the always willing to point out other's flaws Marcus mentioned during the reunion), but the behavior of the Onion's in general during final TC was annoying at best. Corinne was the worst, but Marcus' condemnation of Suzie for having the nerve to play the game by voting him out made Marcus seem tiresomely self-centered. As bad as Randy was, at least he provided some humor at the reunion. Found his reasoning for inviting his "guests" unique.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •