The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-13-08, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.11"
As repeatedly stated by several posters, this has not been the best of seasons. But at the very least this F5 will make me watch the Finale.

1) BOB (9,5,5,6,7,3,2,4,1) - OK...All together now...can we say "Challenge Stud?" You better because that's exactly what this 57-year old has become by beating the snot out of castaways half his age. Jury reaction dictates Bob wins if he makes the Finals. Problem is the other players know that too.

2) SUGAR (7,4,10,7,2,5,7,3,4) - Other than Bob's challenge dominance, she did the most to control the game this episode. Yet despite her flip-flopping, flim-flamming, boo-hoo tears all she really assured herself is possibly Matty's vote should Sugar make the Finals and Matty is on the Jury. Of course the show could throw some last minute twists or curveballs to change that outcome.

3) MATTY (6,6,3,1,4,1,3,2,3) - I guess when you continuously get your butt kick by someone old enough to be your father the only thing left to do is whine and belly-ache. In real life that would label you as a "cry-baby." In this hapless season it's a recipe for advancement. Par for the course!

4) KENNY (5,4,4,3,1,2,1,1,5) -In the past couple episodes he's sunk tremendously in my rankings. If not for a total waste of space still in the game he deserves last spot. It's becoming commonplace for castaways to be outplayed and outwitted, but not outlasted. Credit that to casting and twists in the game catered to the weak and oppressed.

5) SUSIE (12,10,8,10,9,8,5,6,6) - Exile Island takes you away from the game?? Huh?...What??? This joke of a castaway wouldn't know gameplay if it pooped in her lap and called her "Mama"!!! Her performance in the IC, ie., wandering aimlessly off course, served as a perfect metaphor for her ineptness this season. What's unfortunate is if idiots continue to keep "players" like that around, the brain-dead casting crew will continue to select future castaways like her for upcoming seasons. How sad...how pathetic.

BOOTED) CRYSTAL (1,7,11,12,10,9,8,5,2) - Got to give her a decent mark for exiting with some sense of sportsmanship. It seems like an oxymoron that this Olympic Gold-medalist advanced this far by benefit of the Anti-Darwin Snydrome. But I have my theories based on what I witnessed during my participation in Intercollegiate Athletics and Semi-Pro Sports. Performance Enhancing Drugs. I know it's a horrible accusation and I have no solid evidence to back that theory...but it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

PS: Thanks to all who participated in these Rankings this season. We are becoming a smaller fraternity (thanks to the horrible casting and the sad downward spiraling of this once great show.) Let's hope Survivor could get back to its roots and emulate the great earlier seasons.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.1... mindy23 12-13-08 1
   RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.1... garcor 12-13-08 2
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.1... iltarion 12-13-08 3
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.1... suzzee 12-14-08 4
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.1... CTgirl 12-14-08 5
 RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.1... michel 12-14-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-13-08, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.11"
OOPS-Sorry, I put my love/lothe list on the 17/10 site.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-13-08, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.11"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-08 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

1) Sugar - Not sure if she is very good at the game, or even cares to be. But she did change an outcome that was starting to look predictible into something unexpected. And she is certainly one of the most interesting personalities ever on survivor. Like a person with three dimensions in a game often crowded with two dimensional personalities.

2) Bob - Not sure about his strategy but is now the season's best challenge performer and seems well enough liked to have the inside track in a final vote, if he gets that far.

3) Matty - Still there, lucky for him.

4) Suzie - Still there, somewhere.

5) Ken - Likely next target unless other player's decide to keep him around as easy to beat in a final vote. Looking back, looks like he should have taken out Matty rather than unpopular Corinne previous week. And splitting the Ken/Crystal vote between Matty and Corinne certainly came back to hurt him.

Gone: Crystal - Surprisingly gracious at and after vote off. Get the sense she tried hard at a game that never suited her and might have been secretly relieved to have it over with finally.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-13-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.11"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-08 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-13-08 AT 02:18 PM (EST)

Now THAT was one of the best TCs of all time. What a play by Sugar! Similar to the downfall of the Axis of Evil in Guatemala and the demise of Raro in Cook Islands, this episode was set up all season as a clash between good and evil. Matty and Sugar both made the same comparison, and likened themselves and Bob as the good guys. If you agree, then you loved the episode. I agree. Just like with Rafe and Jonathan, it was great to see Sugar chose the good guys.

1. Sugar- Wow. No season has so depended upon the capricious emotions of one woman. Love Ace, hate Ace, love Matty, hate Matty, love Kenny and Cyrstal, hate Kenny and Crystal. It is like someone is spinning a roulette wheel with this woman. In a simpler sense, she has flipped alliances as many times as anyone ever in this game. Emotionally, she is a basket case, but this is at least the 3rd TC that she orchestrated.
2. Bob- Challenge stud in the surprising category of Yauman and Rafe. He is obviously a smart guy, but gamewise, he has been duped more than once. Nearly allowing Kenny to blackmail him into giving up Immunity and picking Kenny and Crystal to go on reward in the first place showed his continued game naivette.
3. Matty- Brains over brawn in this case. Sugar guaranteed herself a higher spot than Matty when she told him to "let her do the thinking" and he complied. He at least finally seemed to sense his place in the game. However, his strategy to do anything about it appeared to be to whine and complain incessantly. Fortunately for him, this annoyed Kenny and Crystal, who then proceeded to show Sugar something she should have known about 30 days ago. If he gets to the Finals, it will be by the grace of other players.
4. Kenny- His whining for the Immunity was pathetic. No one owes this weasel anything but a boot out the door. Seeing his and Crystal's plans turned against them for once was a great thrill. Notice how Kenny just kind of shrugged and slunk down as Crystal's name was read. No indignation. That shows the kind of alliance-mate Kenny is- when the bullets come flying, he'll be the first to duck.
5. :Lydia- skates thru again. Never a threat. Never a player. Strangely was assumed to be in Matt's pocket. I guess he is doing some game playing.

No medal for 6th- Crystal won her gold medal in a relay. I'm guessing the other three runners were VERY fast. For as bad as the editing made her seem at times, her final words were respectful and mature, which is a striking counterpoint to many of those she helped boot.

>

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-14-08, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.11"
At some point someone did post a link to performance drug positive tests and she was on it for I think antihistamine but I don't remember for sure what it was or when it was. My take on her showing was you'd think that an elite athlete regardless of being out of training for a few years would retain some natural athleticism. She certainly had some strength (she said that one challenge where they dragged the other s around was her favorite, again she had help) but she is over 6 foot and sheer size should make her stronger then someone a foot shorter then she was.

Your list and assessments are right on the money.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.11"
1. Bob - I would love it if he won. But if not, he sure is having the adventure of this lifetime.

2. Sugar - She has done things I've liked and she's done things I've hated. She has played with her heart and she has played emotionally but she's been a key player in the game. She deserves to win, but she won't. She's played day-to-day instead of making friends with the jury.

3. Matty - He managed to survive the horrible days of Fang and become our favorite underdog.

4. Susie - Her gameplay has been boring for the viewer, but it's worked for her.

5. Kenny - I feel guilty hating on Kenny as much as I do because I know it's all editing but a hint to future survivors: don't call yourself a rat if you don't want to be edited as one!

booted: Crystal - I laughed and laughed at her being in the wrong lanes during the challenge, but she was a gracious loser. And my opinion of her went up even more watching the way she left the game and the way she kept her sense of humor when the the losers at Ponderosa decided to give her the silent treatment.

Dash Away by Agman - bobbled by Tribe

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-08, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v17.11"
1- Matty: Maybe Sugar told him to let her do the thinking but he had already presented that whole scenario to her in the previous scene. Sugar just needed to see for herself that Matty was right. Matty played a very solid, unselfish game and he had every reason to be fuming at Kenny's lies.

2- Sugar: It took her too long to realize how she should play. Now, she has no chance of winning the jury votes unless the jurors are like Christy. Imagine how good Sugar's chances would be if the F5 included Ace, Randy and Corinne, all players who wanted to align with her.

3- Bob: Good grief! How often do I have to say that Survivor isn't about winning challenges? Anyway, challenges that involve blindfolds are more luck than skills. The guy was saved from being Erik v2.0 only because of Sugar's last second illumination.

4- Kenny: Why did he change his target from Matty to Bob? Envy! He couldn't stand seeing Bob's success. Why did he have to ham it up to get that immunity idol? Greed! He wanted to become the BEST SURVIVOR STRATEGIST EVER! In a season of "Saints" vs "Sinners", Kenny has committed some very deadly sins.

5- Susie: It was nice that they gave her a break from all that intense game she's played!!! If only the editors had given her an ounce of story, we'd have to consider her.

Booted: Crystal: At least she realized how stupid her last vote was.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •