The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Australia"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-05-08, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Australia"
I'm watching for the first time.
Anybody want to talk about it with me?
So far we watched thru the ep where Mike gets evacuated.
I was so afraid they were going to actually show him falling in the fire! I almost couldn't watch - that was a terrible thing to happen to him.

Next will be the merge.

I do not like Jerri.
I'm surprised by Tina.
Amber seems so different! LOL
Colby is just as dreamy as all I've read said he was.
Keith is ok - I could put up with him better than Jerri for sure.

I do not like Jeff (the survivor player Jeff - not Jeffy Jeff).
Alisha is outspoken (to say the least).
Rodger is hanging in there pretty well for an old codger.
Elizabeth is just quiet and seems nice.
I can't even remember the last guys name - that's how little an impression he's made on me!

I was glad to see Kimmy go; she was getting to be a pain.
Would have liked to see Kel a bit longer.
Didn't know much of Deb but was surprised she went first.
Mitchell was really tall! Surprised he gave up so quick.
Mad Dog - knew she wouldn't last long, but she was interesting.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Australia tribephyl 07-06-08 1
   RE: Australia jbug 07-07-08 3
       RE: Australia Brownroach 08-19-08 18
           RE: Australia PepeLePew13 08-19-08 19
 RE: Australia citywitch 07-06-08 2
   RE: Australia jbug 07-07-08 4
 RE: Australia michel 07-08-08 5
   RE: Australia jbug 07-08-08 6
       RE: Australia byoffer 07-09-08 7
       RE: Australia PepeLePew13 07-17-08 9
           RE: Australia jbug 07-18-08 12
 RE: Australia jbug 07-12-08 8
   RE: Australia PepeLePew13 07-17-08 10
       RE: Australia jbug 07-18-08 11
       RE: Australia Starshine 09-09-08 22
 RE: Australia Survivorerist 07-21-08 13
   RE: Australia PepeLePew13 07-22-08 14
       RE: Australia Survivorerist 07-23-08 15
 RE: Australia jbug 07-26-08 16
 All done jbug 07-28-08 17
   RE: All done citywitch 08-22-08 20
       RE: All done Wacko Jacko 09-09-08 21
           RE: All done michel 09-09-08 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-08, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Australia"
I was struck by the loss of Mike as well. Even though I knew what was going to happen, due to being entrenched in spoiling back in the day.
Scary fricken' way to be injured. That's FoShizzle!

It's certainly sad to watch the unfolding of Kucha after losing their leader just before the merge.
However, it does wonders for the Tina/Keith/Colby triad.

Not to spoil anything for you but...
Jerri has her's coming, I promise. (What? A face full of bucketwater wasn't enough for you?)
and ole' Whatzizname? Just watch. His story get's even stranger.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-07-08, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Australia"
I've read bits and pieces - discussions - about Australia - at different times. But it was hard to focus on those because not 'seeing' faces, it's hard to really get into it, you know?
I remember talk of Colby being a hunk - and yes he is!
I am so glad he hasn't fallen for Jerri's ------ , well she would call it her charms, but I haven't seen any charm at all!

I loved when Colby threw the water on her!

Tonite we watched thru Jeff's eviction (YEA). If his tribe had voted Jerri instead of Colby - hadn't Jerri had 2 votes against her before?

And then Elisha . She was a tough competitor - she knew they'd be gunning for her. Guess it's too early for Tina or Keith to do any switching. I'm glad that Tina sees right thru Jerri.

And? I'm so sick of Amber saying OMG. I'm about ready to use the mute button on her.

Tho I probably read at one time who wins, I really don't remember, so don't spoil that part for me.
Thanks for joining in to discuss with me, Tribe.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Australia"
I forget who on here invented the "Omigod Meter", but it was because of Amber constantly saying it during Survivor Outback. She set the pace for future installments.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-08, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Australia"
Yeah, that was shakes the clown... he invented the OMG <click> clicker for Lamber.

OMG <click> I love meatball subs! OMG <click>

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-06-08, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Australia"
I first got into Survivor at the tail end of Australia, and recently rewatched Australia and then Africa. I think those are my 2 favorite seasons. What amazing & unique locations, honestly every other season might as well have been filmed on the same interchangeable beach. It also seems that the whole mood of the game has changed as well...I can't quite put my finger on it...

Elisabeth & Rodgers relationship was the sweetest thing I think I've ever seen. The ending, however, still leaves me confused. Would love to discuss it once you've finished. Have fun!

07-07-08, 09:46 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Australia"
I'll let ya'll know as we go along which eps we've seen.
And I can't wait till they come out with Africa! I musta started watching with season 4, I think.
I have seen the first one - on DVD too. I loved Rudy!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-08, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Australia"
Hello Jbug,
If you have time and really want to have fun rewatching Australia, I'd suggest you read through the Archived material in spoilers. It starts on page #23 and ends on page #57 of those archives. People were really into the show back then and, when the DVD came out, I went back to read what had been written. Hilarious, especially the summaries by Shakes the Clown. Even the numerous red herrings were fun to follow.

PS: Don't worry, even if there were numerous theories, no one knew who'd be the winner before the end.

07-08-08, 09:44 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Australia"
Thanks for the suggestion Michel. I'm watching for the first time tho - not re-watching. But, it should be interesting to go read all that good stuff after we've watched the whole thing (which will probably be sometime this week - since I'm on vacation with nuttin else to do ).

Tribe shakes me

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-08, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Australia"
Michel is suggesting to read while you watch, sort of week-by-week. That will be tough to do, to stay away from result posts, but it would be interesting to read what peeps were posting right after Michael's accident, or the infamous finger wagging incident.

07-17-08, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Australia"
I'll echo what Mister Yoffer and Monsieur Michel said... I think it's worth it to check out the archives for postings as you go along with the episodes from Australia. Australia is when I started posting here on RTVW/Survivor Blows.

Australia remains my favourite season because of the dynamic characters butting heads with each other, and it was still new enough that people were learning on the fly how to play the alliance and strategy games, while the editing was also still quite new so it was quite refreshing to watch back then.

The characters, oh my... Lamber, Scerri, Colbster, Kant-Kook-Keith, Benedict Tina, Lis-Lis, Kentucky Joe, Bitchell, Chyna (Alicia), Sick-Nick (Nick is the guy you were having trouble remembering the name of), Jeff 'Vermin', Mad Dog, Michael, Kimmi -- so many great characters, a more memorable cast than in any other season, IMHO.

07-18-08, 11:17 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Australia"
So I went into the archives to check out ya'lls discussions; and wouldn't you know it. One of the threads (not in spoilers) gave it away. So I haven't been back to read any more.
I won't tell DH tho.
We haven't watched any more yet. i could watch straight thru without stopping but 2 eps at a time is all he'll agree to.

07-12-08, 08:06 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Australia"
Yea!!!!!! We've watched through Jerri's outster!
Poor Alisha (Elisha?) - she had to spend all that time in Loser Lodge with Jerri?
I can't wait to hear what Jerri has to say at the reunion about how everyone 'saw' her - especially Colby. Probably tho she was clueless and couldn't see past her own glory

Tribe shakes me

07-17-08, 06:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Australia"
How did you like the Colbster throwing Jerri over the obstacle course like a rag doll? He obviously had his fill with her by then. Also loved how Colby upstaged Jerri big-time by presenting the others with a coral gift while Jerri had nothing for the tribemates.

07-18-08, 11:15 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Australia"
I *heart* Colby - just for those reasons.

Tribe shakes me

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-09-08, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Australia"
OMG <Click> Didn't he get in big trouble with the Aussies for that?

J Slice what a cool lady

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-21-08, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Australia"
Thought I might as well post on this thresd for old time's sake.

Australia was a really fun season. I really liked Jeff in that season...I thought he was really funny. I also really liked the show when they had luxury items. Sure it was a little cheesy but I thought it was fun.

As for the season as a whole, I really enjoyed the pre-merge stuff. Especially after seeing the first season, it was interesting to watch the players jockey for positions in a dominant alliance. Mike was also a riot.

Oh yeah...there was also something else I really, really liked about this season, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is...

-----------

~Erist

07-22-08, 06:30 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Australia"
Hey Sir Erist!

Let me see if I can help refresh your memory...

L'Affaire Lamber

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-23-08, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Australia"
Ahhhhh, that's it.

The best part about that picture is that it doesn't talk.

-----------

~Erist

07-26-08, 03:10 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Australia"
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-08 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

Okay, so we watched thru Nick's boot and Amber's.
Nick was expected. Amber wasn't.
Now it should be interesting to find out why Keith voted her instead of Roger. And I think maybe Tina did too?
Just Amber & Colby voted Roger?

Oh and FINALLY, RR's line under his sig pic makes complete sense! LOL I had heard, but it wasn't the same as seeing it.

Colby's one liners are so funny! I could hang around with him for sure!

I wanted to come back to say:
I hate the challenges like the plate breaking. Colby won immunity but not for his own skill. Just dumb luck. If they have to have those kind of challenges, they should be used for rewards. Let the rope run be used for immunity.

jbug is a pain in the #####

07-28-08, 10:09 AM (EST)
17. "All done"
We watched the last ep last night. Except for the reunion show.
Altho I had seen who won, I didn't know the vote was that close. And I didn't tell DH so he wasn't spoiled. (Actually I did make a comment earlier when Colby won the car about the car curse, but DH is not die hard Survivor, so he didn't make the connection)

I was surprised that Colby took Tina to the F2. I'm almost sure he could have won over Keith.
Wonder if Tina would have taken Colby had she won the final IC. She did say in confessionals that Keith had been "brought along" only because they needed him.

I figured if it had been:
Colby & Keith? Colby wins
Tina & Keith? Tina wins

Will watch the reunion and "extras" as some point. Might also re-watch again with the voice-overs that are added to the DVD.

Now, I can go back to read ya'lls comments on the whole season!

Tribe shakes me

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-22-08, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: All done"
Might also re-watch again with the voice-overs that are added to the DVD.

I had forgotten about the commentaries! Just yesterday I watched for the first time Episode 1 with the commentary. It was Colby & Jiffy and they were drinking margaritas while commenting - some pretty funny & interesting stuff.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-09-08, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: All done"
Australia was the best Survivor Season in my opinion. Only one drawback...the hidden alliance. I think Burnett was still feeling his way thru things and kinda bumbled this one.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-08, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: All done"
>"Only one drawback...the hidden alliance"

I think that was actually the best part about it because we had to search for information. On the program Jerri and Tina each allude to Ogabore's 5 person alliance but the editing let us believe Tina was an outsider. Only by going through interviews could you find out that there was an initial alliance of Jerri, Mitchell, Colby, Tina and Amber while Kel, Maralyn and Keith were their targets from day 1.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •