The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another interview with Hope & Norm"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-22-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another interview with Hope & Norm"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-02 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

The Oak Ridger did an interview with Hope & Norm and wrote a story titled "Davises talk about 'amazing' adventure" by Cathy Ziegaus. I don't think it contains any SPOILER content, but it does reveal the sequestered city, among other things. It's interesting to read, as always for this sort of thing.

Some highlights:

"We helped other team members get their jeeps started, gave them iodine tablets to purify their drinking water, we showed them how to use the drain-off water from a stream," Norm added. "Some of them didn't even know about the water and a lot of them got sick."

If you travel to Rio de Janeiro, don't look for the Somba Club. The producers had planned to visit a real club in Rio but somehow word leaked out to residents that the show would be visiting the club.

"The whole town of Rio turned out and cars were lined up and down the street," Hope said.

At the last minute, producers arranged for an abandoned warehouse to become the Somba Club. Contestants could only take blue cabs because only those drivers knew about this fake club.

"It was amazing what they did in such a short amount of time," Norm said.

This is very interesting, because one of my back-of-mind conspiracy theories is that they film this show on one of CBS/Viacom's backlots and make it all LOOK real. No, I don't believe it either, but it's interesting that they would make up a location that doesn't exist. What else would/did the producers do? How far would they go?

In last night's show, contestants had to drink a potion as part of completing a leg of the race.

Norm said that was actually real medicine, intended to kill any parasites they had picked up.

So now we know.

By the way, in case you were wondering about the big TAR/Survivor competition that these two had mentioned elsewhere:

"CBS called this week and said to put a lid on it," Norm said, referring to the talking he has done promoting his idea for a show. Apparently CBS has been getting flooded with calls and E-mails about this new competition. Š They said they aren't equipped to handle all the calls.

Sequestered city location coming up:

But don't feel bad that the Davises lost the competition. They didn't return home immediately after losing the race. They were flown to Miami for two days, then to Cancun for 21 days.

"We had a vacation for 21 days on CBS," Norm said. "We went to Miami for a couple of days, stayed at the Marriott on the beach in Cancun for three weeks and we each got $700 per week to spend on food and souvenirs."

When Deidre and Hillary mentioned "someplace warm" in their interview, I thought immediately of the Caribbean. Glad to hear that I was mostly right.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another interview with Hope & N... trigirl 03-22-02 1
   RE: Another interview with Hope & N... curveball 03-22-02 2
   RE: Another interview with Hope & N... realitybites 03-22-02 3
 RE: Another interview with Hope & N... SurvivorBlows 03-22-02 4
   RE: Another interview with Hope & N... realitybites 03-22-02 5
       RE: Another interview with Hope & N... SurvivorBlows 03-22-02 6
           RE: Another interview with Hope & N... SurvivorBlows 03-23-02 11
       RE: Another interview with Hope & N... Cole 03-22-02 7
           RE: Another interview with Hope & N... Loree 03-22-02 8
 RE: Another interview with Hope & N... Ruthless 03-22-02 9
   RE: Another interview with Hope & N... managerr 03-23-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-22-02, 11:16 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
>Contestants could only take blue cabs
>because only those drivers knew
>about this fake club.

Wasn't this the cab where Tara was yelling out her spanish numbers? Didn't they loose some time here? Conspiracy theory?

Hope and Norm stayed
>at the Marriott on the
>beach in Cancun for three
>weeks and we each got
>$700 per week to spend
>on food and souvenirs."

Anything about Cancun that would give away the final pitstop?

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-22-02, 11:28 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
tri - good point. Some of those cab drivers had no clue where they were going. And about Cancun...all American Airlines flights out of Cancun connect through Dallas/Ft. Worth or Miami. Final pit stop could be anywhere (back in LV or elsewhere), with the other contestants joining up with the 3 final teams to film the ending...I think it is interesting they stayed in Miami for a couple days first, but maybe the Mia-Cancun flights were sold out for a couple days (surely they are using a free pass from AA, and there are limited numbers on each flight)

-cb

03-22-02, 11:30 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
>>Contestants could only take blue cabs
>>because only those drivers knew
>>about this fake club.

>
>Wasn't this the cab where Tara
>was yelling out her spanish
>numbers? Didn't they loose
>some time here? Conspiracy
>theory?

Yes, that was the one. I suppose someone could develop a conspiracy theory, but my heart isn't in it. Probably just got a bum taxi.

>Hope and Norm stayed
>>at the Marriott on the
>>beach in Cancun for three
>>weeks and we each got
>>$700 per week to spend
>>on food and souvenirs."

>
>Anything about Cancun that would give
>away the final pitstop?

Well, it's safe to say the final pit stop isn't Cancun :p. Beyond that, no conclusions, other than the fact that Mexico is a little less likely as a pit stop.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-02, 01:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
>By the way, in case you
>were wondering about the big
>TAR/Survivor competition that these two
>had mentioned elsewhere:
>
>"CBS called this week and said
>to put a lid on it," Norm said, referring to

...about damn time, I was getting tired of hearing these two and The Grannies talk about this idea. Like if there *IS* ever going to be such an event we really want to see losers like these two and The Grannies in it. It'd be like bringing Debb or Sonja from Survivor into the competition -- ya, that would really bring in the viewers.

These two better wake up -- if there is ever any such event, the odds of CBS casting these two losers (Tina Wesson connection or not) over such well recognized teams such as Team Guido, The Festers, Frank/Margerita, The Lawyers, Momily, etc. is next to nil.

Not to mention that based on the research that I've done comparing the Neilsen's from last season to this (I'll post a separate post about it later), TAR2 is tanking in the ratings to begin with (making the odds of ANY future show related to TAR unlikely.)

-SB

03-22-02, 02:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
>>By the way, in case you
>>were wondering about the big
>>TAR/Survivor competition that these two
>>had mentioned elsewhere:
>>
>>"CBS called this week and said
>>to put a lid on it," Norm said, referring to

>
>...about damn time, I was getting
>tired of hearing these two
>and The Grannies talk about
>this idea. Like if
>there *IS* ever going to
>be such an event we
>really want to see losers
>like these two and The
>Grannies in it. It'd
>be like bringing Debb or
>Sonja from Survivor into the
>competition -- ya, that would
>really bring in the viewers.
>
>
>These two better wake up --
>if there is ever any
>such event, the odds of
>CBS casting these two losers
>(Tina Wesson connection or not)
>over such well recognized teams
>such as Team Guido, The
>Festers, Frank/Margerita, The Lawyers, Momily,
>etc. is next to nil.

I always thought that this is something that would be best set up either for fun or for charity, with little or no TV coverage. But then I thought about what media... um, lovers, all these reality show contestants are, and said to myself never mind.

I agree that if CBS were to set up something like this, they'd have the most popular people - of whom H&N and the Gutsy Grannies probably are NOT. Will we even remember them in 2 1/2 months when the winner is crowned?

03-22-02, 02:53 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"

>I always thought that this is something that would be best
>set up either for fun or for charity, with little
>or no TV coverage.

That's what I'd thought at first -- some small local event. But then they kept talking about it in seemingly grander terms.

>probably are NOT. Will we even remember them in
>2 1/2 months when the winner is crowned?

Ya, like we remember Matt and Ana (who?)

-SB

03-23-02, 04:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
>
>>I always thought that this is something that would be best
>>set up either for fun or for charity, with little
>>or no TV coverage.
>
>That's what I'd thought at first
>-- some small local event.
> But then they kept
>talking about it in seemingly
>grander terms.

Btw, below is the link that really got me thinknig that they were talking about more than a local "Survivor 3 cast in Dallas" fundraiser-type event:

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?24545

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-22-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
I agree that people won't remember them. Hope and Norm are the, uh.... well, can't even remember their names - "the two working mothers who were eliminated in Paris" of TAR2. Seemed like nice people that caught a bad break and got eliminated, and when we saw them again at the finish line in Queens, "oh yeah, them".

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 06:13 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
I remember watching the finish line in New York last time and wondering who some of the people were. They had been on the show for such a short time and now they had changed their hair. They could have been Phil's family for all I remembered them.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-22-02, 09:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
"In last night's show, contestants had to drink a potion as part of completing a leg of the race.

Norm said that was actually real medicine, intended to kill any parasites they had picked up."

If the potion that was drunk was real medicine, what about the other team member? This was a road block, and only one team member had to drink it.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-23-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Another interview with Hope & Norm"
I thought ratings were up for TAR2, especially the past two weeks with the Survivor lead in. It got a 7.4/12 and 8.0/13 for the past two weeks. I think it's respectable considering it's up against West Wing. (Who got a 13 and 15 share the past two weeks)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •