The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Two for three (comments on 3/20 episode)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-21-02, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Two for three (comments on 3/20 episode)"
Two for three. Boy I'm good. Just kidding.

This was an interesting episode. Looking for Mandela's prison cell brought a bit of politics into the show for the first time. And did anyone else catch the EXTREME contrast between the opulence of Lanzerac Manor and the (relative) squalor of Langa Township?

They told us how much they gave them for this leg ($150) for the third episode in a row. I like the information, but I still think it's too much money.

Throughout this episode I was wondering what happened to South African Airways? They have a flight that runs three times a week (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday) that goes from Sao Paulo to Cape Town via Johannesburg. That would have been much, much quicker than any of the routes the other teams took (16 hours vs. 20++ hours, including time changes). Perhaps they came on the wrong day.

Considering I'm not an insider or anything, my scenario for the grannies demise was pretty good (you can read about it here if you're interested). They definitely went to the Frank & Margarita school of travel routing. When I saw their route (Sao Paulo-NYC-London-Jo'burg), I was pretty sure their goose was cooked. When they missed their Jo'burg flight, I knew they were done for sure. No matter how much everyone hated them, you had to feel for them. They were a day behind the first teams, and all the other teams had probably left.

The CBS official site has some more details about the flights and other things. First, the Gutsy Grandmas didn't do either detour or the road block. They must have reported directly to the Manor straight from Robben Island or even the airport. Just as well. Second, Tara & Wil's flight left at 11:40 PM, and arrived at 7:00 AM. Since I don't think passenger planes can do mach 4 yet, they must have arrived two days later. That's a total flying/layover time of 26 hours. And they were the lucky ones!

Next week should be good on its own merits, just don't expect it to mean a lot in the long run.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: comments on 3/20 episode trigirl 03-21-02 1
   RE: comments on 3/20 episode katem 03-21-02 2
       RE: comments on 3/20 episode curveball 03-21-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-21-02, 09:22 AM (EST)
1. "RE: comments on 3/20 episode"
Some more thoughts:

- bunching, bunching, bunching....they were all stuck at the little airport en route to Sao Paulo. Din't matter that Blake was a big 'ole meaney.

- while waiting to get to Sao Paulo could somone not have got on a phone or done something so that when the arrived at Sao Paulo the next am they weren't scrambling for flights. I know it was the middle of the night but surely they could have grabbed some flight schedules from someone.

- Com'on...Sao Paulo, New York, London, Capetown...there had to be something better than that?

- Did the race stop once they got to zone 23? Everyone was sauntering through the challenge looking for their smilie, chatting.

- Did anyone else PUKE when Wil was doing his "I still love her" schtick. I'm sticking to my sham marriage theory.

- Didn't hear one 'Alleleuia' out of Cyndi last night. I like them more and more. Started to get worried for them last night and since McFatboy was quiet this week thought maybe it was their turn.

- Was that a bouffant the Peach was wearing at one point? What's up with sunglasses for the kids?

- Sorry to see the Grannies go, but let the real race begin.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-21-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
2. "RE: comments on 3/20 episode"

> Din't matter that Blake
>was a big 'ole meaney.

I do not see why Blake was a "meaney" Trigirl. Was it because he did not wake the grannies? Hey they did not help Blaige when they lost their money did they?

Was it because they went through to the front of the line in the airline tix booth? I'm sorry but the Grannies, Preachers and Twins were all wasting time trying to speak to just one particular agent, while the other one was free. Why should Blaige wait for them, if that was the case.

>- Did anyone else PUKE when
>Wil was doing his "I
>still love her" schtick.
>I'm sticking to my sham
>marriage theory.

It came from Wilma, it was funny. But you are right about the marriege thing, did you hear Tara, at the pit stop, tell Wilma to not touch her butt? That was very telling, she NEVER lets him touch her at all.

>- Didn't hear one 'Alleleuia' out
>of Cyndi last night.
>I like them more and
>more. Started to get
>worried for them last night
>and since McFatboy was quiet
>this week thought maybe it
>was their turn.

I think God left them this episode and the Devil took over. Did you hear Russ call Cindy on her being so slow, he looked positively miffed, he looked ready to lose his cool several times

You say Blake was a meaney, but Cindy seems to have something negative to say about all the teams at just the oportune time. She got miffed because Blake passed her on the tix line, when she was clearly just wasting valuable time, then she stated her mistrust of the Bouncers, when these two guys were waiting for the Preachers to hurry up.

By the way, why did the Bouncers wait for the God Squad if they thought they might be the last teams to arrive?

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-02, 11:48 AM (EST)
3. "RE: comments on 3/20 episode"
"By the way, why did the Bouncers wait for the God Squad if they thought they might be the last teams to arrive? "

-because they are the only 2 people left that think there is a connection between team I'm-a-#####-off-the-camera and God...

"hey...oh...uhhhh.....ehhh...they're not waiting...hey team down there, do you want to wait for all of us?"

Hell no they don't want to wait, it's a race. Get your butt moving. And stop trying to have everyone wait for you. Maybe use your God-like connection to make him lose his money again...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •