The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-14, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Whoa, we're on time tonight. Hope someone else is around, been a long weekend.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... dabo 04-20-14 1
   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... IanQuentin 04-20-14 2
       RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... kidflash212 04-20-14 9
           RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... IanQuentin 04-21-14 15
               RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... dabo 04-22-14 16
               RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... kidflash212 04-22-14 17
                   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... IanQuentin 04-23-14 18
       RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... coldbrewer 04-21-14 10
       RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... newsomewayne 04-21-14 11
           RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... CTgirl 04-21-14 12
               RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... dabo 04-21-14 13
                   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... CTgirl 04-21-14 14
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... dabo 04-20-14 3
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... dabo 04-20-14 4
   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... IanQuentin 04-20-14 5
       RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... dabo 04-20-14 7
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 -... dabo 04-20-14 6
 Next Time dabo 04-20-14 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-20-14, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-14 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

Drive the sponsormobile through the Italian countryside.

Ride a donkey or build a wooden donkey.

Rachel then Brendon fall off their donkeys which try to run away.

Brenchel UTurn Dave & Connor.

Jet & Cord play Express Pass.

Dave & Connor find out they've been turned with Cowboys standing right behind them.

(Singers and Trotters trying to find the right road.)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

IanQuentin 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-20-14, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IanQuentin Click to send private message to IanQuentin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Frankly, that was a good use of the U-Turn on Brendan/Rachael's part. So long as it gets them first place. And way too many racers take it personally.

kidflash212 4107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-20-14, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I don't know that I agree. I see it as shortsighted to use a UTurn to win a single leg instead of attempting to use it to eliminate a team that you don't want to race against in the final leg.

04-21-14, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IanQuentin Click to send private message to IanQuentin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The U-Turn has seldom eliminated a strong team racing behind you. (Has it ever?)

The long term goal would have been impossible without knowing where the others are. The 'strong' teams were Dave/Connor, Jet/Cord and Leo/Jamal. There's no guarantee that a U-Turn would eliminate any of them, especially if they could end up U-Turning someone else themselves. The short term goal was the only thing they could reasonably get.

I might have still U-Turned Jet/Cord tho. Make sure the Express Pass benefit was minimized and take my chances against racing Dave/Connor for first.

04-22-14, 01:11 AM (EST)
16. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Until they made it a double U-Turn it was pretty much the kiss of death to whichever team got turned.

kidflash212 4107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-22-14, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
"The U-Turn has seldom eliminated a strong team racing behind you. (Has it ever?)"

Amanda & Kris, Jet & Cord are strong teams that I recall getting eliminated by a U-turn. I believe there were more but don't remember names of the top of my head. Leo & Jamal would likely have been eliminated on this leg were it not for The Globetrotters falling so far behind and having help at the donkey building.

04-23-14, 03:23 PM (EST)
18. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I remember the one used on the Cowboys. They and the Globetrotters were behind everyone else. Globetrotters got to the U-turn board after everyone else passed on it and used it on the only team behind them to save themselves.

Guess the people in first place should leave well enough alone and let people later in the race U-turn people.

coldbrewer 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-21-14, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coldbrewer Click to send private message to coldbrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I agree with you. Brenchel knew Dave/Connor were behind them and they wanted to ensure a first place finish. I could have sworn Dave was acting like a child. He kept saying why would you u-turn a 60 year old man or good job Rachel. C'mon - you're a 60-year old father. Brenchel thought you were a threat. Take that as a compliment and move on. At least Leo/Jamal took it in stride.

thanks Agman!

newsomewayne 9242 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-14, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
What happened at the U-turn? In the car, Brenchel was saying they wanted to U-turn Cowboys to rid them of their express pass. I think that was a smart idea. Then they U-turn Conner and Dave? I don't get it.

CTgirl 7165 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-14, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
They wanted to insure they got first place during that leg of the race. They weren't thinking getting rid of a threat to make it easier to win the million dollars. Rachel still wanted to U=turn the cowboys but Brendan wanted the "prize" at the end of the leg. $15,000 < $1,000,000!!

I was surprised at how much Dave complained about being U-turned. But I was even more surprised in the negative light Brenchel was portrayed. Makes me wonder if they go out next! Karma gets you every time!

04-21-14, 10:53 AM (EST)
13. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The story here seems to be how Brenchel formed the anti-Brenchel Coalition of Caroline & Jennifer, Dave & Connor, and Leo & Jamal.

They got to the U-Turn first and had several choices. They could have U-Turned the Cowboys, who as expected used their Express Pass expecting to avoid the U-Turn (have to complete only one of the tasks, but were surprised they were able to skip both). Or they could have U-Turned a strong team further back in the pack to try to knock someone out of the race completely. Instead they U-Turned Dave & Connor, the team closest behind them as far as they knew, thinking short-term of winning the leg.

This lead to Dave carping about Brenchel, Dave & Connor U-Turning Leo & Jamal who took it in stride and joined forces with them, and the partnership extending to Caroline & Jennifer when they caught up, who were forgiving that Dave & Connor had "lost" them on the road. I love the longer story arc as well, the story of how the Afghanimals became Human Beings.

The positive has a negative side as well, as next time they all mimick Rachel at one of her down moments.

CTgirl 7165 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-14, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I only got through one or two episodes of the Afghanimals season before I stopped watching because of their obnoxiousness! Their edit their season has been a turnaround - does this mean they win?!

04-20-14, 08:39 PM (EST)
3. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-14 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

D&C UTurn L&J and tell them, they team up on wooden donks. Singers arrive and join the team-up. L&J switch.

Globetrotters way behind, got there and tried to ride (kill) donkeys but they are so big the donkeys wouldn't move.

Cowboys caught up to Brenchel.

D&C and C&J completed wooden donks after L&J switched, let L&J know the secret trick.

L&J completed their rides as Trotters arrived, went and finished wooden donks in quick time.

Roadblock: Who has the write stuff. Copy a page of an ancient manuscript the old fashioned Monk way.

Rachel tries but the monk tells her too fat too thin.

Trotters can't figure out the secret of wooden donks.

04-20-14, 08:47 PM (EST)
4. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Trotters switch back to killing donkeys, finally complete detour.

Brendon & Rachel team #1, win $7500 each, fell good because they weren't about to allow anyone to pass them.

Connor wants to quit colligraphy and take penalty.

04-20-14, 08:50 PM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Wasn't it $10,000 each in past seasons? Amazing Race's budget getting tighter?

04-20-14, 08:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I don't think there's a set amount, but that may be as high as it goes.

04-20-14, 08:57 PM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 8 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-14 AT 09:19 PM (EST)

Leo & Jamal decide to stick around and help Dave & Connor.

#2 Jet & Cord
#3 Leo & Jamal
#4 Dave & Connor
#5 Caroline & Jennifer

Flight Time and Big Easy eliminated from the race.

04-20-14, 09:00 PM (EST)
8. "Next Time"
Make fun of Rachel contest.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •