The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-10, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Right on time up here, and it seems it'll be a whole hour late in the U.S.A. Ouch.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... PepeLePew13 10-10-10 1
   RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... PepeLePew13 10-10-10 2
       RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... PepeLePew13 10-10-10 3
       RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... PepeLePew13 10-10-10 4
           RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... PepeLePew13 10-10-10 6
       RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... kidflash212 10-10-10 14
           RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... Karchita 10-11-10 16
               RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... samboohoo 10-11-10 20
   RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... Loree 10-10-10 10
       RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... Karchita 10-11-10 17
 RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... PepeLePew13 10-10-10 5
   RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast ... kidflash212 10-10-10 12
 Results PepeLePew13 10-10-10 7
   RE: Results kidflash212 10-10-10 11
       RE: Results ARnutz 10-11-10 21
           RE: Results vince3 10-11-10 23
               RE: Results Estee 10-11-10 25
                   RE: Results Max Headroom 10-11-10 26
                       RE: Results Estee 10-11-10 28
 Next Episode... PepeLePew13 10-10-10 8
   RE: Next Episode... michel 10-10-10 9
       RE: Next Episode... kidflash212 10-10-10 13
       RE: Next Episode... Karchita 10-11-10 18
           RE: Next Episode... kidflash212 10-11-10 19
   Question Flowerpower 10-16-10 34
 Football kidflash212 10-11-10 15
   RE: Football ARnutz 10-11-10 22
   RE: Football vince3 10-11-10 24
   RE: Football Max Headroom 10-11-10 27
       RE: Football kidflash212 10-11-10 29
           RE: Football jbug 10-11-10 30
           RE: Football Max Headroom 10-11-10 31
               RE: Football kidflash212 10-11-10 32
       RE: Football vince3 10-11-10 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-10-10, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
A quick recap of what's happened in the first 25 minutes or so...

One person from each team has to learn how to put on wraps onto their fists so that it would go into a boxing glove properly, then spar in place for 60 seconds.

Then the teams have to take a wheelbarrow filled with items and take them to a primary school. If they pick the correct items, they will receive their next clue. They also have to identify a country correctly on a map of Africa while at the primary school

Detour - bicycle parts or language arts. Play a children's game using a stick to roll a bicycle rim or find 8 highlighted words from a piece of paper (written in English) and match them up with symbol codes on a sheet.

The Home of Awusa Ntso is the pit stop for this stage.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-10-10, 08:33 PM (EST)
2. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The A Cappella singers evidently never took geography in school. They failed on numerous chances to locate Ghana (the country they're in at the moment) on the map.

10-10-10, 08:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
That didn't stop them from winning this leg of the race - prize is $5000 cash each for them to spend after the race is over.

"Cool, buy maps of Africa" is what one of the singers said ...

10-10-10, 08:38 PM (EST)
4. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I'd love to see how Vicki does on the map task.

For now, she and Nick are brawling with each other during the wheelbarrow task.

10-10-10, 08:43 PM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
That's what I thought. They repeatedly miss on where Ghana is, and they finally figure out where it is after about 85% of Africa is already covered up by the school kids.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-10-10, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Lucky leg for them.

If I was their cab driver I'd have politely asked them to stop singing. Geez, that gets annoying quickly.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-11-10, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
That was actually the first bit of their singing that I liked. The driver liked it, too. At least they are good singers. You have to give them that even if you don't care for it.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Agree. I'll take singing over arguing in the cab any day.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-10, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I enjoyed watching Chad show off in the skipping and then screw up and have to do it again. Meanwhile some of the females passed him.

10-11-10, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
*eye roll*

10-10-10, 08:41 PM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
During the Language Arts part, Brooke and Claire show their true colours by thinking they have to circle all of the children sitting in a group on the ground. They do this for several minutes with the kids staring at them like "WTF are you doing?" before they look up and realize there's a sheet with codes on them for them to circle.

10-10-10, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Worse yet is all the other teams started follwing them and draw circles around other children.

10-10-10, 08:56 PM (EST)
7. "Results"
1st - Connor/Jonathan
2nd - Gary/Mallory
3rd - Chad/Stephanie
4th - Katie/Rachel
5th - Nick/Vicki
6th - Brook/Claire
7th - Jill/Thomas
8th - Nat/Kat - got lost and wasted an enormous amount of time and finally found the pit stop (editing made it seem like it was a tight race between them and the father/son)
9th - Michael/Kevin - Non-Elimination leg! The father evidently had heatstroke or something that caused him to stop halfway through the bicycle detour - he looked rather overheated. Then he got up and tried again after a rest and dousing of water, finished the detour and made it to the pit stop. Bravo. He could have bailed out and gotten eliminated that way.

Cool... teams will go back to the schoolhouse the next day and do some remodeling, a way of giving back to the community. Great idea.

10-10-10, 10:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Results"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-10 AT 00:54 AM (EST)

I wonder what the rule is if he hadn't completed the task and just checked in. Is it a four hour penalty?

Looks like next leg will start with a big bunch point (I'm guessing there are few flights to the artic) which should let them get back in the game. Speed Bumps are mostly a joke anyway.

Didn't feel any suspense with that edit - I think it was clear that Michael & Kevin were way behind. I expect next week they'll start quite a bit behind Nat & Kat.

A bad leg overall - two legs in Ghana wasn't necessary. The tasks were not interesting at all.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Results"
It's four hours for not completing a roadblock, but for the detour it is more (I think 24 hrs.?) because you have the option to switch tasks.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Results"
I think the only time nobody completed the Detour was in the original season... and then it was a 24hr penalty...

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Results"
Did PokeHer ever finish the golf course after multiply quitting on the bell ringing?

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Results"
No, Phil had to go out there and Philiminate them on the course.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Results"
I thought so. (Not much sleep this week.) The only difference between that and the prior quit was their never reaching the mat -- if they'd checked in, it would have been a 24-hour penalty.

10-10-10, 09:00 PM (EST)
8. "Next Episode..."
From Africa to the Arctic! Can you say "instant cold"?

Looks like they'll have to drive an ATV through a snowy course. Whee. Lots of wipeouts.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-10, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Next Episode..."
I found it incredible how no one but the singers located the decoder key or how many teams didn't get the right amount of items at the construction site. Read the Clues, dummies!

10-10-10, 10:27 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Next Episode..."
I thought at least one of them would realize it.

10-11-10, 00:47 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Next Episode..."
Indeed. Even though the Princeton guys didn't do so well with geography, they made the others looks dumb on the rest of the tasks. Those two guys went up a lot in my book this week.

10-11-10, 00:49 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Next Episode..."
Not me - I thought they just got lucky by having the best cab driver.

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-10, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Question"
In the next episode preview we see the father and son doing a dog sled race of some sort having fun, then we see Stephanie and Chad; Chad is screaming at Stephanie, but who is the girl/girl team that is crying and one is admitting that she can't do it?

10-11-10, 00:08 AM (EST)
15. "Football"
Just a question - after all these years of Sunday night programming constantly starting late, why doesn't CBS just allot more time for each football game?

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Football"
You would think they'd perhaps move TAR back to another night, like Tuesdays where it used to be (and which was perfect for me).

10-11-10, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Football"
Even when they do so, though... the games still take for-ev-er sometimes... See the premiere night, for example... They scheduled the 90 minute episode to start at 8:30, and it was still late...

10-11-10, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Football"
The worst part is when a CBS late game finishes on time and they find another random game from some faraway place and show it as "bonus coverage". Trust me, once the local game is over, I don't care about the end of whichever West Coast game happens to be taking place that Sunday afternoon/evening.

10-11-10, 10:58 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Football"
Yeah, that happened one week. The scheduled game ended on time so they go to the Seattle game just to make sure everything is late.

Since 60 minutes is a segmented news show, I can't see why they can't join it in progress. Is a boring story by a 97 year old correspondent about high speed computers and the stock market that important?

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-10, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Football"
or M & M's big come back?

10-11-10, 01:03 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Football"
I've come to the conclusion that 60 Minutes is the third rail of television programming. If CBS even thinks about moving it, shortening it, etc., they'll be overwhelmed by an avalanche of handwritten letters from the legions of geriatric fans who have watched that show every Sunday since it started airing in 1968.

{/rant}

10-11-10, 01:14 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Football"
It's either that or someone involved with 60 minutes has some major blackmail photos. Doesn't even make sense to me to have 60 minutes after football - the target audiences are so different.

10-11-10, 01:18 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Football"
Especially since I've seen Fox barely show coverage of a possible 'bonus coverage' game at the same time as their local game and even cutaway to show local programming to air during the CBS late game...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •