The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ontheroadagain 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-10, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
I find this hard to believe, but the filming of Amazing Race 17 began today in my hometown, Gloucester, Massachusetts. Teams arrived on a bus to the Jodrey State Fish Pier, were loaded onto lobster boats, and transported to the Eastern Point Yacht Club, where the race began. Teams then took Smart Cars to Logan Airport in Boston, about 35 miles away.

Joey Ciaramatro, who runs a local website, posted video of the teams getting on the boats -- check the site GoodMorningGloucester.com -- http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/ -- to see the video.

One team stopped Joey's wife looking for directions to Logan.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... Estee 05-27-10 1
   RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... Ontheroadagain 05-27-10 2
   RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... vince3 05-27-10 3
       RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... michel 05-28-10 4
           RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... Karchita 06-06-10 7
 RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... CTgirl 05-30-10 5
   RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... Ontheroadagain 05-30-10 6
 RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... michel 06-19-10 8
   RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... kidflash212 06-19-10 9
   RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... Estee 06-20-10 10
       RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... PepeLePew13 06-22-10 11
   RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Glouc... toad8098 06-26-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-27-10, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
*blink* You mean we're actually on top of the thing from the starting line? Great spot -- for once, we can try to track the course as it's laid out. (And fail. But at least we get to make the attempt.)

Does it feel like they launched a little early? Maybe I'm just too much in tune with the filming periods for other shows, but late May through June feels like an odd time to run this thing.

And Smart Cars? Wonder how many teams had to abandon their backpacks at the starting line...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-27-10, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."

Well, I wish I was on top of it. Actually I missed it totally, but fortunately enough people here saw it and some actually knew what it was.

There's a funny thread on www.capeannonline.com about people wondering what all the film crews and helicopter were doing in East Gloucester yesterday.

As for the timing, it seems to me that the fall race is usually filmed about this time, if not earlier.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-10, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
Timing wise, maybe they launched yesterday to make sure that they were able to head towards Europe/UK because the Icelandic volcano isn't acting up right now?

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-10, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
Now, THAT, would have been a big bunching point: Next plane leaves in 7 days!

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-06-10, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
Made for tv excitement!

Bouquet by c2p

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-10, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
That is very cool OTRA! Thanks for the info. I imagine all of Gloucester was a-buzz!

An Agman Nation Creation

05-30-10, 11:18 PM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
More photos of the teams arrival in
Gloucester have been posted here:

http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/

I'm still kicking myself that I missed it all. There was no way to know they were coming here, but it still would have been fun to see all the teams racing madly in their Smart Cars on Gloucester's narrow and confusing streets.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-10, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
I've been looking around Reality Fan Forum and they have quite a bit of spoilers:

The route seems to go: Gloucester - London (Stonehenge)- Ghana - Ghana - Sweden - Finland - Russia - Oman - Bengladesh - Honk Kong? - Los Angeles (seems confirmed as final destination).

The teams are shown here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21996.msg524071.html#msg524071

With these 4 IDed:

- Stephanie Smith (22) and Chad Waltrip (25)---Newly Dating.
- Connor Lawrence Diemand-Yauman and Jonathan Schwartz . Both Princeton Class of '10.
- Mallory Ervin (24) and Gary Ervin (52) , Father/Daughter from Morganfield, Kentucky. Mallory is Miss Kentucky 2009.
- Kevin Wu (19) and Kenny Wu (58) Father/Son from Houston,Texas. Kevin is aka kevjumba, YouTube comedian.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-19-10, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-10 AT 11:27 PM (EST)

Four all female teams - most looking young and athletic. Three male/male teams, a father & son and another with at least one very out of shape team member. I think CBS is stacking the deck hoping for the first all female team to win.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-10, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
Okay, I'm curious: if TAR cast a season without a pageant contestant, would the world end immediately, or would we get a few seconds to realize what had gone wrong first?

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-10, 05:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
But at least TAR apparently has a sense of humour.

In Stephanie, they've got a former Miss South Carolina (like Caite who was the teen Miss SC) who looks like she could be a younger version of Carol (of Carol & Brandy). Wonder if this was intentional?

toad8098 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-26-10, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
WOW! I know one person from the Princeton team! So cool!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •