The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Winning Edit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-10, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Winning Edit"
Who's getting it?

Cowboys: Only team to get the Indiana Jones music. They have been positively edited throughout the entire season. Last night we had the first "winning quote" when they mentioned getting "Amazing Race Winner" belt buckles.

Brothers: We've been pounded in the head with it being Dan's dream to run the amazing race. So is the dream fulfilled by him winning it or just running it all the way through?

Models: Caite has "had something to prove" the whole time. Does the "idiot" take it all?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Winning Edit HistoryDetective 05-03-10 1
 RE: The Winning Edit Snidget 05-03-10 2
   RE: The Winning Edit samboohoo 05-03-10 3
 RE: The Winning Edit kidflash212 05-03-10 4
   RE: The Winning Edit Max Headroom 05-04-10 5
       RE: The Winning Edit PepeLePew13 05-04-10 6
   RE: The Winning Edit CSHS79 05-09-10 8
       RE: The Winning Edit kidflash212 05-09-10 9
 BELT BUCKLES: AMAZING RACE CHAMPIO... goldenmike4393 05-04-10 7
 RE: The Winning Edit Estee 05-10-10 10
   RE: The Winning Edit Starshine 05-10-10 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-10, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Winning Edit"
Cowboys: Only team to get the Indiana Jones music.

Yeah, but the producers showed similar favoritism to the Globetrotters in terms of theme music, insisting that the audience was supposed to love simply because of their occupation. It didn't translate into a win.

Last night we had the first "winning quote" when they mentioned getting "Amazing Race Winner" belt buckles.

I just rolled my eyes. Yes, Plane and Cable, every single competition in the world conforms to your narrow worldview and experience by providing oversized belt buckles to the winners. I especially like the Nobel Prize belt buckles, but those Academy Award belt buckles are nice as well.

We've seen teams talk about winning the Race before. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's just bluster before the final leg. They all do it.

Brothers: We've been pounded in the head with it being Dan's dream to run the amazing race. So is the dream fulfilled by him winning it or just running it all the way through?

Whether they win or not, I hope that simply crossing the finish line is good enough for them.

Models: Caite has "had something to prove" the whole time. Does the idiot take it all?

Perhaps ... but if she thinks that winning the Amazing Race negates the verbal diarrhea that she spewed a couple of years ago then she id even dumber than most people think. (I don't think anybody should underestimate her capacity for stupidity though.)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-10, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Winning Edit"
I dunno if I'm that good at telling how the edit is going (just catching up on the last episode today so I'll see if anything springs up (just saw the brother's taxi meltdown).

I've got the nagging feeling the models win it. The models seem to always win it. The models that every do anything ugly American seem to especially end up winning it. Model teams I can't stand will win it. I am cursed.

I dunno if I can even watch the finale (may have to find out who wins before I do). If the brothers win I'll cut myself, if the models win (and did I mention this gives that redemption edit thing they lurved on reality TV so I'm even more sure they will win it) I'll cut my TV (or shoot it or something).

I kinda like the cowboys most of the time, so I can do with them winning but gah to put up with the other two teams the whole finale?

Spring has a little Captain in it.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-10, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Winning Edit"
The beauty of my busy little life - especially now with child in cast - is that, by the time I sit down to actually watch, it's usually already over, so I can cheat.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-03-10, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Winning Edit"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-10 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

I'm not good at guessing the winning edit but I found stuff in the previews somewhat interesting:

Dan & Jordan and Jet & Cord are at the virtual reality place together and no sign of Brent & Caite. Cord is doing the trashtalking but when it comes to technology I would give the upper hand to Dan since I can't picture Jet & Cord spending much time playing video games.

Jordan is in a car talking about how much stress he is feeling but his tone didn't seem like he was speaking of the stress of being far behind. I think he was referring to the stress he was feeling thinking he was about to win the Amazing Race.

Final legs have usually involved a memory or mental challenge which Dan & Jordan seem better suited for than either of the other teams.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-10, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Winning Edit"
Final legs have usually involved a memory or mental challenge which Dan & Jordan seem better suited for than either of the other teams.

As a huge TAR fan, Jordan will be prepared for this type of final task, and I give him a huge edge over everyone else. Will it be enough to win the race? Dunno.

Capn2patch spring 2010

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-10, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Winning Edit"
Didn't help Luke last year as he was a huge TAR fan and has good visual skills.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-09-10, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Winning Edit"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-10 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

*****when it comes to technology I would give the upper hand to Dan since I can't picture Jet & Cord spending much time playing
video games.***************************************************

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Did you forget about the rodeo accident Jet was in that kept him in bed for a number of months and Cord stayed at his bedside the entire time? Now what are two brothers going to do in that situation have a tea party? So I say it's possible they were playing video games.
Besides most often the Finale all comes down to a foot race to the finish line and I say the Cowboys would beat the others in a foot race.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-09-10, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Winning Edit"
Actually the finale hasn't come down to a real footrace in a long time and I doubt someone with a head injury would enjoy staring at a video monitor. Throughout the season Jet & Cord have

As long as the self centered brat and her stooge don't win I'll be satisfied.

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-10, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "BELT BUCKLES: AMAZING RACE CHAMPIONS"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-10 AT 01:24 PM (EST)

I think the cowboys used the word "Champions" not winners

Same thing! I hope they wiln. They are very JT-likable.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-10, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Winning Edit"
Honestly? Given Dan & Jordan's ultimate victory, they had one of the weirdest edits I've ever seen in this series.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-10-10, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Winning Edit"
The editors were bigging them up for a couple of episodes, but yes they did seem like early episode losers most of the time

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •