The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pre-collision footage breakdown."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-09, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pre-collision footage breakdown."
On first glance (the once-play of the preview footage, which I didn't capture/look at frame by frame), it looked as if the cause was a slip: skid out, slide forward, and the only thing that slows you down is the person in front of you. It didn't look intentional -- and I think the Globetrotters are too intelligent to risk the penalty from a deliberate flagrant foul.

Has anyone tried image-advance on the collision yet?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown... Max Headroom 11-09-09 1
 RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown... Snidget 11-09-09 2
   RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown... Karchita 11-09-09 3
       RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown... Snidget 11-09-09 4
   RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown... samboohoo 11-10-09 5
 RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown... mikek2156 11-16-09 6
 RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown... kingfish 11-16-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown."
Sorry, I don't have that option since TAR started 20 minutes late.

We tape another show at 9:00 so extending the recording time isn't an option.

But I'm curious to see someone else's analysis.

agman 2009

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown."
I looked at it earlier in slo mo, (but not quite frame by frame I mentioned this on the ECST) looked like Globetrotter running right on the edge of the slightly raised wooden sidewalk thing. Looks like he slipped and why he was running on the edge was they were all running close together and he was trying to position for a pass, unfortunately that also made him close enough to topple into the person in front of him.

So at this point I am thinking unintentional, not a deliberate takedown, as going down that hard makes both of you take longer, it wasn't like a shove off the boardwalk so he could get by thing from the angle in the preview.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-09-09, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown."
Do you think anyone got injured?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown."
Didn't really see much other than them heading down, I would think at least a few bruises and scrapes, but couldn't see anything that would make me certain there was something serious.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown."
Agree.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

mikek2156 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-09, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikek2156 Click to send private message to mikek2156 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown."
yeah, I definitely think it was unintentional. I think Big Easy was trying to pass him. And running as fast as you can, down a narrow wooden (and probably slippery) path, the two just collided and went down.

But I didn't like Big Easy's reaction to the event. Should change his name to Big Baby.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown."
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

It looked to me like the Trotter tried to pass him twice, indicating to me that he was being blocked. And it did seem as if the second slip was unintentional except that the Trotter was trying to pass slower traffic.

Blocking will get you trampled in most sports. If slower traffic doesn't get out of the way, I see nothing wrong with a hip check maneuver to get past, even if it puts the other guy in the wall.

As to injuries, it seemed that the Trotter took the hardest falls, it looked like the inside of his leg may have caught the edge of the wooden planks as he fell.

And why couldn't the production crew have provided a wider path? Did they actually try and set up a situation where a collision was inevitable if a slower team was foot racing a faster team?

As to attitude, with a million bucks at stake attitude is a very minor concern. Save the huggies and complements for after crossing the finish line.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •