The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interference penalty?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-09, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interference penalty?"
Here's a good question that was brought up over on Bashers - I thought I'd bring this here to discuss over the next few days before the next episode.

As samboohoo said:

Interference

Certainly not taking up for Mark/Mike, but they were penalized for interfering with other racers for putting the pumps in the boxes. If I recall, didn't the clue state something about using a pump? So the teams should have known to look for one?

Last night we saw Tammy and Victor (1)direct someone else's cab driver to take them to a wrong entrance and (2) ask airline crew to deliberately seat someone in the back of a plane.

How is that really different from Mark and Mike interferring? And they clearly had a language advantage.

I replied that it was a good question, and reminded that this is a superleg, so maybe there will be a penalty when the teams get to the actual pit-stop.

Question to you spoilers: Do you think it'd be possible that there will be a penalty given out to Tammy/Victor for interference? Actually, we haven't even seen Tammy/Victor get to the next clue marker from Phil in person -- we only saw Cara/Jaime. Would Phil give them a penalty at that point or wait until the actual pit-stop?

So, will it be...

(a) no penalty given to Tammy/Victor
(b) penalty given at the clue marker from Phil at the start of next week's continuation
(c) penalty given at the actual pit stop at the end of next week's continuation

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interference penalty? Breezy 04-27-09 1
 RE: Interference penalty? shimane22 04-27-09 2
 RE: Interference penalty? Loree 04-27-09 3
 RE: Interference penalty? michel 04-28-09 4
 RE: Interference penalty? MsShel330 04-30-09 5
   RE: Interference penalty? olathejoe 04-30-09 7
 RE: Interference penalty? dabo 04-30-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Interference penalty?"
No penalty. They didn't tell the cab driver the wrong door, they just didn't tell him which door. The girls should just count themselves lucky that Victor/Tami told their cab driver in words he could understand where to go.

We've seen the plane seating thing before, no penalty.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-09, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interference penalty?"
I think the difference is that with Tammy/Victor, they just made a request and it was completely up to the cab drivers or airline workers whether or not they complied with that request, whereas Mark/Michael DIRECTLY interfered with race materials.

The ticket agent could have agreed to do what Tammy/Victor asked (which appears to be what happened), ignored them and done nothing, or moved the other teams up as far as possible just to spite Tammy and Victor.

Cara/Jaime getting seated in the back of the plane could very well be a coincidence. Either way, it is ultimately the decision of the airline worker whether or not to "interfere."

I believe Charla/Mirna accomplished something similar at an airport in China on All-Stars, so while Tammy/Victor's Mandarin has helped them to some extent, I think all of the teams had a chance to charm the ticket agents and get the best seats possible.

Same deal with the cab drivers-- I think in almost all cases a driver would be focused on getting his fare-paying passengers where they want to go and would not follow the directions of an extraneous party just for kicks. It is up to each team to direct (or re-direct) their own cab drivers...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-09, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Interference penalty?"
I doubt T/V will get a penalty. In the past we have had teams sending cabs away and asking people not to tell the other racers where to find something. I think that is all considered part of the race. But M/M actually hid part of the stuff at a challenge that was suppose to be available to all. It would be the same as hiding the keys from one of the rental cars. Or hiding the clue box behind a tree. You don't mess with the game pieces.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Interference penalty?"
No penalty for Tammy and Victor: TAR loves them and wants to help them so they've already set up 3 of the crucial final legs in China for the only Chinese speaking participants.

Mark and Mike weren't liked so they got penalties after penalties.

MsShel330 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-30-09, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Interference penalty?"
Jen and Kisha also asked for seats at the front of the plane so language had nothing to do with that.

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-09, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Interference penalty?"
Remember when our old buddy Romber had the other teams pay the bus driver to not open the back door on the bus? Even though it was less than a minute or two delay, there was no penalty there, so I don't think T&V will get a penalty either.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-09, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Interference penalty?"
a) no penalty

I've thought about it, though, and I would like to see them change the rules and start penalizing that sort of thing.

It shouldn't even have to be a matter of whether it works or not, Tammy and Victor may have gotten the last seats in the front anyway. But just making the attempt could be grounds for a time penalty or forfeiture of some money or so on.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •