The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-09, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
So we're about halfway done with this thing, I thought I'd throw out some speculation.

These teams are fairly evenly matched so anything couple happen, but my gut feeling is that Christie/Jodi, Kisha/Jen, and Mark/Michael are the weakest teams remaining and most likely going to be eliminated before the final. Plug Mel/Mike into the "sentimental favorite gets fourth place" slot and that leaves a final three of Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke, and Jamie/Cara.

This seems plausible to me because Tammy/Victor are an obvious choice to reach the end and the editors have been working hard to show us the close relationship between Margie/Luke and the redheads which makes me think they go far.

What do you think?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you... Belle Book 03-22-09 1
 RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you... shimane22 04-21-09 2
   RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you... Max Headroom 04-21-09 3
       RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you... Snidget 04-21-09 4
 RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you... dabo 04-21-09 5
 RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you... MaryKat 04-21-09 6
 RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you... Belle Book 04-22-09 7
   RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you... john_jaded 04-26-09 8
 Post Episode 10 Speculation shimane22 04-27-09 9
   RE: Post Episode 10 Speculation PepeLePew13 04-27-09 10
       RE: Post Episode 10 Speculation suzzee 04-27-09 11
           RE: Post Episode 10 Speculation Belle Book 04-27-09 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-22-09, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
I definitely think Cara & Jamie and Tammy & Victor will make the finals. I thought Mark & Michael would be the third place team, but you might be right in thinking Margie & Luke get there instead.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-21-09, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
Speculation based on the preview for Episode 10 (Beijing):

Looks like the painful foot massage is a roadblock that is completed by Cara, Luke, and Kisha.

Tammy/Victor's absence makes me think they take the Fast Forward on this leg.

That would leave the swimming task shown in the preview as one of the detour options-- why would Kisha and Jen choose this task when Jen has a crippling fear of water? The only explanation I can think of is that they get U-Turned, probably by Margie/Luke's allies Jaime and Cara.

I suppose both detour tasks could involve water or the swimming is just a task that everyone has to do, but I can really see things playing out as I have envisioned.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-09, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
Didn't Kisha also have a swimsuit on during the preview? Whatever the task may be, it looks like both team members must complete it.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-09, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
Looked like a both members must complete. It might be a Route Info kind of task, or the other option in the detour is just as bad for a water-phobe.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
Cara/Jaime

We've had absolutely no politics this season about the first all-female team to win, most curious.

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-21-09, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
I hope it is Tammy and Victor. I have not seen them do anything that would turn me against them this race.

04-22-09, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
With the Final Four set (and a surprising LaKisha & Jen in it), I think that Cara & Jamie will be the first all-female team to win The Amazing Race. I think LaKisha & Jen and Margie & Luke will join them in the Final 3 now, leaving poor Tammy & Victor out in the cold.

john_jaded 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-26-09, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail john_jaded Click to send private message to john_jaded Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR 14 Speculation-- who do you think will win?"
I really wish it's either jamie & cara or tammy & victor.. but i don't like victor.. his voice is so annoying lol..

04-27-09, 04:13 PM (EST)
9. "Post Episode 10 Speculation"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-09 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-27-09 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

I think Victor's comment along the lines of "we will shame our family and the Chinese people if we get eliminated in Beijing" means they are doomed to go out on the penultimate leg.

This show drops heavy anvils of foreshadowing all the time...

Cara/Jaime with all their talk of never winning a leg remind me a lot of Eric and Danielle from All-Stars, who notched their only leg win (and a sweet million) at the very end. Of course, Nate and Jen from TAR 12 had a similar storyline and that turned out very differently...

I don't think I've ever seen a racer descend so rapidly into the "villain edit" as Margie has in the past two episodes. I'm thinking this is a pretty good sign that she and Luke aren't our winners.

Don't know what to make of Kisha and Jen, but I have a really hard time seeing them win based on what we've seen so far...

I find it interesting that they've been downplaying the "first all-female team to win" thing this season... I don't recall hearing it at all (maybe when the flight attendants came in first?), whereas with Dustin/Kandice it was mentioned almost every week. I really think an all-female team will pull out the win this time around.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-09, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Post Episode 10 Speculation"
I saw that as well about Margie descending into a villain edit, but I submit that Kisha/Jen have fallen even further. We were repeatedly shown negative soundbites from them about several things, not just about Luke.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-27-09, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Post Episode 10 Speculation"
Right you are, I sometimes try to watch like a normal viewer and just see how my reactions are. Margie/Luke and Kesha/Jen aren't coming off too well this close to the end. Tammy/Victor have been coming up in my estimation, Cara/Jamie perked up this episode. It depends on the rest of this leg but I'm thinking one of those two teams is the winner.

04-27-09, 07:28 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Post Episode 10 Speculation"
Me too. I think either Cara & Jamie or Tammy & Victor will be the winners. LaKisha & Jen, however, did have a moment which softened their edit a bit. Margie & Luke -- not so much.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •