The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thank you BvM"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-08, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thank you BvM"
We now have a little information about the finish line of the upcoming TAR: Someone won't finish. This has happened before, most famously by the Guidos in season 1 and the Beach Bums in season 4. It's a rare occurance, but it can happen when a team falls behind by a day or so in the final legs......

http://tinyurl.com/3nwlce

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thank you BvM kingfish 09-30-08 1
   RE: Thank you BvM shimane22 10-15-08 4
       RE: Thank you BvM Earl Colby Pottinger 12-08-08 6
 RE: Thank you BvM 52college 10-05-08 2
   RE: Thank you BvM ohmyheck 10-05-08 3
       RE: Thank you BvM Earl Colby Pottinger 12-08-08 7
           RE: Thank you BvM SurvivorBlows 12-08-08 10
   RE: Thank you BvM mrc 12-08-08 5
       RE: Thank you BvM Ontheroadagain 12-08-08 8
           RE: Thank you BvM mrc 12-08-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-08, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thank you BvM"
Interesting, and a few spoilerish nuggets.

One thing I've always wondered about. In their mad dash through airports they seem to circumvent customs.

When I travel internationally, I often have to go thru long customs lines when entering and when leaving a country. And there are exit taxes that aren't part of the ticket price, and to enter some countries, you need a visa.

I wonder just how the producers managed to get around that, if they did. And if they didn't why wouldn't they occasionally show it. I guess that in some places security restriction would have kept cameramen from taping, but in my own travel, I never saw a sigh prohibiting use of cameras. Of course, I've never tried to tape customs procedures either, so...

And, the backpacks. As a carry on, there would be no pocket knives allowed, or any of the other restricted items (are nail clippers still banned?). And the liquids restrictions. Not being able to check baggage imposes significant restrictions on the racers.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-08, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thank you BvM"
I've seen them go through customs lines a few times on the race... towards the end of the last edition when the teams flew to Taipei, TK/Rachel ended up ahead of Nate/Jen in the customs line even though they were stuck on a later flight (because Nate/Jen got sidetracked exchanging their currency).

And on the Amazing Race 6, Lori/Bolo pretended Bolo was handicapped so they could skip to the front of the line in Iceland or Sweden.

Unless there's an altercation or it significantly alters the order that teams leave the airport... customs and immigration are kind of boring and not good television.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-08-08, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thank you BvM"
But she was not dishonest. Have you seen Bolo count?

52college 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-05-08, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 52college Click to send private message to 52college Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thank you BvM"
i live in oregon and saw them filming the final leg. repelling off the "bridge of the Gods" in cascade locks, oregon. there were 3 teams left. the finale supposedly happens in portland oregon. so this may have been the final 3.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-08, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thank you BvM"
If only two teams finish, then that would have to have been a few dummy teams.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thank you BvM"
Well, three teams made it to the final leg. But we really only saw two teams finish the tasks. I still have my doubts about D&A.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Thank you BvM"
>Well, three teams made it to the final leg. But
>we really only saw two teams finish the tasks.
>I still have my doubts about D&A.

The interview isn't up yet, but D&A said they actually finished all the tasks when we interviewed them this afternoon.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thank you BvM"
Good catch!

Ontheroadagain 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-08-08, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Thank you BvM"
Ummm, the team that wasn't there was Toni and Dallas. They weren't part of the teams cheering the winners on. According to their post-race interview, they were delayed in Moscow a day to get the passport back so they couldn't make it to the finish line.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thank you BvM"
Umm, I was talking about someone seeing the final three. *kicks Ken in the shin* Gimme my ring back!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •