The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

soldiersmom 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-11-06, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail soldiersmom Click to send private message to soldiersmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
In my personal opinion - See BS made a mistake to redo the complete competition. The real problems did not start until AFTER Janelle was already out of the competition. They should have started from that point on. the first person to get out unfairly was Howie. Janelle clearly answered her question wrong - even if Boogie did answer his question wrong they would have both been gone.

This whole thing just smells of interference by the producers of the game. There have been many many many occasions in the past with technical difficulties and their attitude has always been "its part of the game".

I sincerely hope Erika or Danielle win the coup de tat (sp?) and really screw up Janelles plans

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... Estee 08-11-06 1
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... nailbone 08-11-06 2
       RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... Estee 08-11-06 3
       RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... SurvivorBlows 08-11-06 17
           RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... nailbone 08-11-06 18
           RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... Estee 08-11-06 20
               RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... SurvivorBlows 08-11-06 27
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... brvnkrz 08-11-06 6
 RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... Bob Tomato 08-11-06 4
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... kopan 08-11-06 5
 RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... bampote 08-11-06 7
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... nailbone 08-11-06 8
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... Bob Tomato 08-11-06 9
       "act of god" JuniorTheorist 08-11-06 11
       RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... AyaK 08-11-06 12
       RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... bampote 08-11-06 22
           RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... chappi66 08-11-06 23
               RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... nailbone 08-11-06 28
                   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... chappi66 08-11-06 32
                       RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... rjrabbit 08-12-06 44
           But... AyaK 08-11-06 24
               RE: But... LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-11-06 26
 RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... okaychatt 08-11-06 10
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... JoshInSGV 08-11-06 14
 RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... chappi66 08-11-06 13
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... Estee 08-11-06 15
       RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... chappi66 08-11-06 16
           RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... Estee 08-11-06 19
               RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... chappi66 08-11-06 21
 RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... profesora_toro4 08-11-06 25
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... nailbone 08-11-06 29
       RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... profesora_toro4 08-11-06 34
 Idiots Das Mole 08-11-06 30
   RE: Idiots nailbone 08-11-06 31
   RE: Idiots Outfrontgirl 08-11-06 33
 RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... tamarama 08-11-06 35
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... chappi66 08-11-06 36
       RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... tamarama 08-11-06 37
           RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... chappi66 08-11-06 38
               RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... Outfrontgirl 08-11-06 39
                   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... JoshInSGV 08-11-06 41
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... Joyav123 08-11-06 40
 RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... AshLanie 08-11-06 42
 RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... true 08-11-06 43
   RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... sportsjoe67 08-12-06 45
       RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally... dgibson 08-12-06 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I would have to replay the whole thing in slow motion to see just who was having problems and when -- we may have missed some people slapping their buttons twice -- but if I'm remembering the competition correctly, Mike had his malfunction on the round Janelle went out. Neither of his answer lights ever went on, and unlike Howie's situation, the Chenbot never noticed. Mike did try to answer, I'm sure of that -- but Julie, who can't be bothered to get the name of the evictee right, also can't be bothered with checking every station. So Howie wasn't the first one with a major problem: just the first one where it finally registered.

If we could prove that Mike was the first person victimized by the faulty system, I'd have no problem with replaying from that point. But since part of the contest was getting answers in quickly, and the booth rigging was probably making that hard for the group from the start, with no way to tell when the problems began -- might as well blow it up and start over.

Either way, stoopid Chenbot.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"

Mike's answer did finally come on, but WAY after he pressed the button.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

08-11-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Thanks: I only record the show when I have the summary, and it just didn't feel like a prime time for a YouTube hunt. But it does show the problems were there before Howie got hit.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

>Mike's answer did finally come on,
>but WAY after he pressed
>the button.

I replayed the footage at least half a dozen times while writing my story about last night's episode, and neither of Mike's signs ever lit up.

08-11-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Hmmm...my bad. I thought I remembered it. but you used the actual tape.

08-11-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
"in the latest example of Julie's legendary hosting incompetence"

Beautiful.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
>"in the latest example of Julie's
>legendary hosting incompetence"

>
>Beautiful.

Thanks -- and I didn't even mention Julie's earlier "It is official, James... er, pardon me... Kaysar has been evicted" announcement. This woman really is horrible and its becoming extremely embarrassing for the network that she keeps getting brought back year after year.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I'm a Janie fan and I am gunning for her and Will to be the Final 2. "That said", I do agree that she should not have been able to compete in the redo because she was eliminated by a wrong answer and not a technical difficulty.
Could we have a second redo?

Bob Tomato 114 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bob%20Tomato Click to send private message to Bob%20Tomato Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

It really is starting to look like the fix is in.

Once Erika won HoH Janelle was certain to be nominated -- without the ability to play for veto, her game was likely over Thursday.

But because of technical difficulties experienced by other houseguests, she gets a do-over.

There is still this prom queen prize out there, which is a popularity contest, which she will likely win (if her popularity here reflects her popularity generally). And somehow this prize assists the winner in the next HoH competition.

Then the coup d'etat prize is out there, but it is competed for and won in private. If she claims that as well, I wonder whether there is any point watching anymore. Because the 'game' will have sunk to the level of 'farce'

kopan 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-11-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kopan Click to send private message to kopan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Of course CBS wants Janelle to stay in the house and they will do whatever to keep her there. I agree that if you were eliminated due to an incorrect answer, you should not have been allowed to play. But of course, that would have put Janelle out and we just can't have that. Yes, she will win the "Queen" and any other thing that helps her get to the end. She proved the last time she was HOH that she sure wasn't going to get there by using her brains.

bampote 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-11-06, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bampote Click to send private message to bampote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I can't help but feel like if you had the exact same circumstances and switched Janelle with Erika (Erika eliminated, Janelle wins, and then Erika wins redo), the Janelle bashers would be applauding the producers and celebrating Janelle's impending departure.

Here's why you need an entirely new competition, at least from my viewpoint. Clearly, the equipment for the HOH competition as set up was not working. If it's not possible to get this equipment working, a new competition has to be devised. At this point, it's not really fair for those who are already out, because they could very well have done better in the replacement competition than in the original. I'll be interested to see if the new HOH competition still involves the last-to-answer rule, since it was where all the problems stemmed from.

08-11-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
It involved the "Yes/No" wheels instead of buzzers.

And you are exactly right about the situation being reversed and the celebration by the Janie-bashers.

Bob Tomato 114 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bob%20Tomato Click to send private message to Bob%20Tomato Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
That does not make any sense. How is it unfair for people who were eliminated by their own mistake and not an equipment failure to be left out of the do-over? Why do they deserve a second chance?

There have been other times when it looked like there were technical problems or other glitches and the HoH result still stood.

The Janelle bashers will maintain that your hypothetical situation (Janelle wins HoH, Erika wins do-over) is just that: hypothetical -- as the producers would never have a do-over of a competition Janelle won.

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. ""act of god""
I think the point we're missing (despite the fact that this does still look like favoritism) is that we're not sure now, especially in the cases of Howie and Boogie, whether the equipment malfunctioned in more than one way. In other words-- What if Chicken George had actually buzzed in before Erika in the first round, but his registered late. Not likely, but arguably per their contracts, they can claim unfair treatment vis-a-vis "act of god."

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

>The Janelle bashers will maintain that
>your hypothetical situation (Janelle wins
>HoH, Erika wins do-over) is just that: hypothetical --
>as the producers would never have a do-over of a
>competition Janelle won.

Amen to that.

But Julie did a HORRIBLE job hosting the original competition. Worse than her usual. I can't believe she waved Boogie through without his ever giving an answer to the Round 3 question.

bampote 83 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bampote Click to send private message to bampote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
>The Janelle bashers will maintain that
>your hypothetical situation (Janelle wins
>HoH, Erika wins do-over) is
>just that: hypothetical --
>as the producers would never
>have a do-over of a
>competition Janelle won.

Too bad it's impossible to prove that the producers would "never" do something. I agree that it's an unfortunate situation, but the original competition was such a mess between Julie's errors and the equipment that it had to be redone. I don't recall it ever being this bad (people unable to answer, Mike going through without even giving an answer). I think an argument can be made for not allowing Will and Janelle to participate in the new HOH comp, but the fact is that they were both allowed. It's not as though they had a new HOH competition between Janelle and Chicken George; everyone was back in and had the same chance. Also, the producers had no way of knowing Janelle would win the new competition. I mean, it was broadcast over the live feeds, so there was no way they could manipulate the competition into Janie's hands like everyone seems to be insinuating.

Here's a more plausible hypothetical situation: The competition gets redone and Boogie wins. Or even, what if Will wasn't throwing competitions and won the new competition? Are we still posting up a storm that the fix is in since Will and Janelle were allowed to participate? Probably not, even though in principle, the level of outrage should be the same if we're really viewing this as an issue of integrity.

chappi66 112 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chappi66 Click to send private message to chappi66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
But because they screwed up so bad, they should have at the very least, let Erika stay HOH and had another competiton and this be a Co-HOH week. That would have been a far better solution than what they came up with. Erika got screwed big time on this one.

And by they way, there are ways they (the producers) can cheat the system. You know they all have their "assigned" booths before they ever come out to the back yard. It would easy for the producers to rig someones booth in their favor.

The She-Man has gotta go!!!

08-11-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Erika didn't get screwed. she was awarded HOH in an screwed-up game, and therefore her HOH win was invalid.

As for assigned booths, it would be, I'd think, harder to rig with the wheels that they used in the re-do than the buzzers.

She-Man? Dude, there ain't nothin' "man" about her.

08-11-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chappi66 Click to send private message to chappi66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Apparently you have missed her 5 O'Clock shadow. She is put together with snakes and snails and puppy dog tails and a little spackle.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-12-06, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I'm with Boner. There's nothing "man" about Janie.

*smooch*

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "But..."
>I don't recall it ever being this bad (people
>unable to answer, Mike going
>through without even giving an answer).

Me either. I think the Chenbot is due for an overhaul.

>Or even, what if Will wasn't throwing
>competitions and won the new competition?

That's like asking what if the sun didn't come up tomorrow. Will's whole strategy is to stay in the shadows, with the rest of the silent predators.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-11-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: But..."
"Will's whole strategy is to stay in the shadows,"

So glad you said that Ayak.

Will is playing an UTR game. He is playing good game with a good strategy. But he is doing everything in his power not to make any out front decisions.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-11-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I can see both arguments: that it's a fix and that everyone should get a second chance because a different set of questions with different equipment might make a difference.

The only way to truly make CBS sit up and take notice if you're incensed is to stop watching.

Isn't it a shame that Erika blew her first chance at HOH by giving it to Danielle? DUMB.

Rule #1 - Trust no one.
Rule #2 - If you want HOH, don't give it away - ever.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I'm a Janie fan, but I can see why people may have the impression that the contest was rigged. If indeed the competition was rigged, this is not Janelle's fault. The producers are the ultimate puppet masters and they will pull the necessary strings to get the ratings that they need. With Kaysar's eviction, the only other popular player in the house is Janelle and CBS will not have her evicted halfway through the season. Unfortunatelly, Janelle's reputation as a player is the one that will take the fall.

08-11-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-06 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

I think that it is not fair to redo the HOH and allow everyone to participate. They (the producers) are so hell bent in keeping the Anna Nicole Smith Look-a-like in the house, they had just messed up the whole integrity(???) of the game. I mean everyone thought it was rigged before but now, they have messed it up on live TV and have to fix it. And I understand about Howie and the buzzer thing during his turn, however, they should have redid the HOH with only the people that actually got the questions correct during the first HOH competition. Janielle was eliminated because she missed the question not because of her buzzer. She and the other people, I think Will was one, should not have been allowed to participate a second time because they did not get their questions correct. The buzzer was not their downfall in this scenario, they were their own worst enemy. Also, they should have made the HOH redo a live competition again just so it does not look so fixed. That would help everything not turn out so cheezy.

Bet they won't use the buzzer thing again.

08-11-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Bet they won't use the buzzer thing again.

This is the part I really wish I could agree with. I'd love to see the booths scrapped forever, taking their buzzers and wheels and blackboards with them. But for the majority of HoH competitions, it's about what's cheap, easy, and likely to finish during the live time slot -- and that means the buzzers & booths aren't dead yet. And possibly not ever.

08-11-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I just meant that they need to stick with the wheel or something that does not require any electrical power so no one can say. "BOO HOO Mine didn't work right". They need to stick with something that is idiot proof. Hey crayons and paper work for me.

08-11-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
They need to stick with something that is idiot proof.

"Big Brother All Stars: The race between the producers trying to built bigger and better idiot-proof competitions and Les Moonves trying to sleep with bigger and better idiots."

(I'm not sure I trust this group not to eat the crayons.)

08-11-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Got a point there!!

profesora_toro4 68 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail profesora_toro4 Click to send private message to profesora_toro4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I can't wait to see how CBS tries to explain this "mishap" to the viewers. I guess on Sunday's show?

08-11-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Eh, they'll just go with the "technical malfunction".

Didn't something similar to this happen last year, and they had to re-do something?

profesora_toro4 68 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail profesora_toro4 Click to send private message to profesora_toro4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I managed to escape being sucked into watching this show last year so not sure about that. Wouldn't be surprised though.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-11-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Idiots"
The whole damn thing is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm sort of happy that Janelle won simply because that means someone from the Legion of Doom is probably going to go home this week (unless Danielle won the Coup D'Etat, of course). On the other hand, I am pissed off. Erika won that HoH, even if there were issues with a few people's buzzers. There have been instances of mistakes in challenges before, I'm sure, and nobody (and by nobody I mean the Chenbot) has caught them before.

I just find it to be a bit "convenient" for them to pull this re-do crap out of their asses the one week that Janelle's eviction was pretty much certain.

If you ask me, the whole idea of having a do-over is incredibly elementary and just a method that 8-year olds use when they're playing Four Square in hopes of evading elimination the second time around.

Oy vey.

08-11-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Idiots"
Not a golfer, are you?

It's called a "mulligan".

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Idiots"
Um, when you talk about Erika being robbed, no one is mentioning that HOWIE might have been robbed the first time around due to the technical incompetence. Lord knows he practices hard for these Q&A comps and in rehearsal he's as good or better than Janie, but he tends to choke under pressure. This may have been his night.

Howie went to the DR and brought it to their attention, not Janelle. Were they supposed to blow him off when the tapes confirmed the screw-up?

Survivor has redone challenges because of malfunctions or bad calls, you just don't see it because there's no live component. When they do, they redo them from scratch, not from the point in the competition where it appears something went wrong. And at least once that I heard of, the whole balance of power of the game has been changed on the second time around.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-11-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
>>In my personal opinion - See BS made a mistake to redo the complete competition.<<

I think they had no choice but to redo the whole thing.

Because the buzzers (or lights, whatever) were malfunctioning, there's no way of telling how many of the responses were affected.

It was fair because every eligible player had exactly the same chance of winning.

08-11-06, 04:30 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
"eligible player"

I don't have a problem necessary with the redo itself, just the fact that some of the players in the redo should not have been eligible because they were eliminated for wrong answers and not buzzer problems. Those people should have been eliminated from the redo.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-11-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Nope.

The players eligible to compete in this week's HOH competition were EVERYONE but Danielle.

As outgoing HOH, Danielle was the ONLY hamster that was ineligible to compete.

There's no way to tell how much equipment failure affected the outcome of game 1. (You can bet they didn't have anything as high-tech as sensors to determine who hit their button how many times.)

Therefore, the only fair thing they could do is throw out the entire competition, and hold another with all hamsters ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE FOR HOH. That's everyone but Danielle.

Erika could have won the 2nd competition too -- but she failed.

08-11-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Because they (BB) screwed up, Erika should have at least been compensated for the first win and the should have had this be a CO-HOH week. They have already did it once already, they need to have another.

IMO - A wrong answer is still a wrong answer and buzzers had nothing to do with that. They pushed the wrong button - period.

BB producers did this one all wrong and I think America will think it is fixed just like I do.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
But Erika never really won because the competition was botched, so there was nothing to compensate her for. The first time through, Howie or Mike might have eliminated Erika had they been able to stay in, so her "win" has no validity.

Re co-HOH
This isn't Olympic ice-skating judging ... awarding two golds.
BB can't even aspire to that level of corruption.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-06, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Ultimatelly, its the producers who are winning with this situation. They've managed to create a mountain out of a mole hill. The controversy of this week's HOH should fuel enough hatred between the hamsters and additional interest from the viewers to make up for such a lackluster season.

Joyav123 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-11-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyav123 Click to send private message to Joyav123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
>>>In my personal opinion - See BS made a mistake to redo the complete competition.<<
>
>I think they had no choice
>but to redo the whole
>thing.
>
>Because the buzzers (or lights, whatever)
>were malfunctioning, there's no way
>of telling how many of
>the responses were affected.
>
>It was fair because every eligible
>player had exactly the same
>chance of winning.

ITA

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-11-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
My thoughts:

I feel Erika shouldn't ahve ahd to play the redo....keep her as HOH and whoever won the redo has HOH

Co-Hoh's

IF CBS had been thinking, that error would have been a perfect set up for ratings........two females (Of which Jani hates all females) having to decide together who is put on the block.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-06, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
It won't matter any more when Janelle gets ousted by the coup twist. Erica will drop her plans of a lawsuit, and all will be forgiven.

sportsjoe67 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-12-06, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sportsjoe67 Click to send private message to sportsjoe67 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
I agree with an earlier post. Stop watching and the ratings will fall and CBS will get the message. Tho I don't know how many people who watch on tv actually check out this website. I stopped watching after Janelle, when she won HOH a couple of weeks ago, didn't put up chilltown. I always respected her gameplay and thought she was smarter than that. She thinks it was more important to put up floaters than chilltown strikes me of CBS interference. They wanna keep chilltown in the house as long as possible. I've lost total respect for her. She is too smart to believe anything chilltown says. So that convinces me CBS had something to do with her noms. I get all my info now here on what's goin on and don't bother wasting time watching the heavily edited CBS show.

dgibson 76 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dgibson Click to send private message to dgibson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Janelle HOH - and SeeBS totally pushing S6 on us"
Janelle is eye candy and CBS wants to keep her for the ratings. It is terribly obvious.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •