The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big Brother #15 Week #1 Live Feeds: is lack of volume control genetic?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-13, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Big Brother #15 Week #1 Live Feeds: is lack of volume control genetic?"
We're about to find out.

Sixteen hamsters (to start) and one is related to a former winner: so that's how Grodner intends to keep tapping the same wells forever... Personalities brought in just to clash. Almost no real age range. Central Casting Quotas mandatory and filled. Stupid twists. Even more stupid twists. Twists which are not stupider than you could possibly imagine, but don't say what those are or Grodner will use them. Idiocy abounding. Idiocy getting paid for it. And as much to the point, idiocy confined where you get to watch it at one-remove. We call it a cage for a reason, y'know.

Here's the rules, and these will apply for the entire season. Events which take place on the live feeds are discussed here. Not everyone tunes in or follows along here or on other sites and the actual events (or what we're allowed to see of them) are frequently a mystery to those who only see the show. That makes it hard to kick off a Bashers thread on 'X is such a jerk!' when X has been Grodnered into a saint complete with F/X halo. (In one word: Jeff.) So don't start threads based on things seen here in the other two forums until some form of the live feeds events has either made the air or the cycle has ended with their being ignored, which turns it into compare/contrast time.

However, do feel free to say stuff like 'I disagree -- see Live Feeds for details': that lets the other party decide if they want spoilers or not.

And with that said --

-- it's summer. Why are you doing this to yourself?

Feeds should kick in shortly after the show. If you're going to subscribe, do so through one of the show coverage sites like Hamsterwatch ( http://www.hamsterwatch.com/ ) as they get a small cut which helps them stay up.

It's not what really happened, as competitions, major fights, and totally random stuff tend to be fished out. But it's more than what the CBS viewers are seeing.

Lucky CBS viewers.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The feeds come up... Estee 06-27-13 1
   RE: The feeds come up... Belle Book 06-27-13 2
   RE: The feeds come up... tribephyl 06-27-13 3
       RE: The feeds come up... Round Robin 06-27-13 4
 The rats begin to cheat... Estee 06-28-13 5
   RE: The rats begin to cheat... Snidget 06-28-13 6
 MVP: the power defined. Estee 06-30-13 7
   RE: MVP: the power defined. tribephyl 06-30-13 8
       RE: MVP: the power defined. Estee 06-30-13 9
           RE: MVP: the power defined. tribephyl 06-30-13 10
 She said she was a classic T... Estee 07-01-13 11
   RE: She said she was a class... Snidget 07-01-13 12
       RE: She said she was a class... Estee 07-01-13 13
   RE: She said she was a class... Belle Book 07-01-13 14
       RE: She said she was a class... Estee 07-01-13 15
           RE: She said she was a class... Snidget 07-01-13 16
               RE: She said she was a class... suzzee 07-01-13 17
               RE: She said she was a class... Belle Book 07-02-13 34
   RE: She said she was a class... kingfish 07-01-13 18
       RE: She said she was a class... suzzee 07-01-13 19
       RE: She said she was a class... Estee 07-01-13 20
           RE: She said she was a class... Round Robin 07-01-13 21
           RE: She said she was a class... tribephyl 07-01-13 22
               RE: She said she was a class... Estee 07-01-13 23
                   RE: She said she was a class... tribephyl 07-01-13 24
   Have they been warned? Snidget 07-01-13 25
       RE: Have they been warned? Estee 07-01-13 26
           RE: Have they been warned? Snidget 07-01-13 27
               RE: Have they been warned? Estee 07-01-13 29
           huff and vulture weigh in... tribephyl 07-01-13 28
               RE: huff and vulture weigh in... Estee 07-01-13 30
                   RE: huff and vulture weigh in... suzzee 07-02-13 36
 Texas subtle. Estee 07-02-13 31
 Spencer upgrades his game. Estee 07-02-13 32
   RE: Spencer upgrades his game. kingfish 07-02-13 33
       RE: Spencer upgrades his game. suzzee 07-02-13 37
   RE: Spencer upgrades his game. Snidget 07-02-13 35
   RE: Spencer upgrades his game. newsomewayne 07-02-13 38
       RE: Spencer upgrades his game. Estee 07-02-13 39
           RE: Spencer upgrades his game. newsomewayne 07-03-13 43
 When NPR calls you out... Snidget 07-02-13 40
   RE: When NPR calls you out... Round Robin 07-03-13 41
 There is an azzhat in the house Snidget 07-03-13 42
   RE: There is an azzhat in the house kingfish 07-03-13 44
   RE: There is an azzhat in the house Estee 07-03-13 45
       RE: There is an azzhat in the house Snidget 07-03-13 46
           RE: There is an azzhat in the house Belle Book 07-03-13 47
               RE: There is an azzhat in the house Snidget 07-03-13 48
                   RE: There is an azzhat in the house kingfish 07-03-13 49
                       RE: There is an azzhat in the house Round Robin 07-03-13 50
                           RE: There is an azzhat in the house Estee 07-03-13 51
                       RE: There is an azzhat in the house Snidget 07-03-13 52
                           RE: There is an azzhat in the house Estee 07-03-13 54
                               Now Two have been fired Snidget 07-03-13 56
 The art and science of saying nothi... Estee 07-03-13 53
   RE: The art and science of saying n... kingfish 07-03-13 55
   RE: The art and science of saying n... michel 07-03-13 57
       RE: The art and science of saying n... Round Robin 07-03-13 58
 Feeds on Delay Snidget 07-03-13 59
 Endemol's official solution to ever... Estee 07-03-13 60
   RE: Endemol's official solution to ... Round Robin 07-04-13 61
       Blame the UK Snidget 07-04-13 62

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-27-13, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The feeds come up..."
Nominees are Jessie and Candice. Jessie was, of course, targeted because she's the most beautiful woman in the history of humanity and therefore hers is the face which launched a thousand potential eviction votes. Gawds only know what Candice did, although it sounds as if she was loud and rude during the Have-Not comp. One cage opinion is that McCrae arranged the keys from longest duration in the HoH competition to shortest.

Veto competition seems to be today. The rats would have wanted to at least pretend they were giving America one night to vote. Yes, that means MVP and third nominee aren't revealed yet.

It was confirmed that the same hamster can hold MVP in consecutive weeks.

Have-Not room has people sleeping in what's being described as 'airplane seats'. If they're first-class or even economy recliners, that might be tolerable. If they're the bowl-shaped terminal waiting chairs, welcome to pain. Current Have-Nots are Andy, Helen, Howard, Elissa, and Judd.

They had a fashion show. Helen won.

Nick has already been given a Stop That! -- no word on for what, but I'll guess singing. (I'll give him this much: Peter Parker? I can see that.) He also named one alliance the Blonterage. I will never forgive him for that. And he has someone running his Twitter, perhaps as early practice for fame. Nick has such high hopes, doesn't he?

Elissa is not liked. Part of that is for trying to hide her sibling status, some more is likely for who she's related to, and maybe the rest is just her: we haven't had enough exposure to tell. But right now, she is the most likely candidate for any possible backdoor. There's already been at least one fight with Aaryn. And another with Amanda.

The all-female alliance already had one additional unseen fight. Possibly also over Elissa? Opinion is that this is a very catty group. Just what we needed: a cage of eight Britneys without the sarcasm...

McCrae has been avoiding HoHitis to date, although a fan should have thought twice about winning at all... gawds, he must have felt paranoid.

David may not have told the others yet, but he went out for American Ninja Warrior. Damn dumb? Maybe. But watch out for his athletic skills.

Jeremy knows very little about Cherokee history.

Howard's youth counseling seems to be the real deal. There also appears to be a slight Beware Of Possible Preaching vibe, but he's kept it under control so far.

Judd watched some of the Canadian edition.

Kaitlin? 100% recruit: tapped by personnel at her bar. Also the first to say she feels the DR is trying to manipulate her (and fish). But she got out that she thinks they're trying to get her angry with Jessie for both having crushes on Jeremy.

Fair Using Hamsterwatch's quote on McCrae here:

"I've known him online since 2007 when Justin Kan wore a camera on his head for a 24/7 feed for a few months to launch Justin.tv. McCrae goes by Chumlord, but his middle name is not Tuglord - don't believe everything you read on Facebook, people! He's smart, funny, twisted, and won't give a damn if he's got haters.. in fact, he'll probably embrace them. He was likely an alternate who replaced someone who bailed or was bounced at the last minute, and I'm just so happy for him that he got in. He knows this game very well, and he also knows feedsters want a good show. See Kaitlin: despite geographic proximity, they do not know each other - this according to his family, friends, and roomies. He might or might not have the book smarts of BB14 Ian Terry but he's got better social skills, and I believe and hope he can go the distance. #TeamChumlord all the way!
Most likely to make my day and annoy others with Hamsterwatch shoutouts"

Spencer grew out his beard and traveled to an open Maine audition to make himself stand out from the crowd a little more. Hmm...

There are fifty billion alliances and about half that number of showmances.

Oh, and CBS has lied to us already. 100 days of summer? Is now ninety. What. A. Shock.

*sigh*

Anyone wanna dig through this crap?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-27-13, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The feeds come up..."
Well, on the bright side, Helen is safe. She's my favorite -- Asian American, you know.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-13, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The feeds come up..."
One cage opinion is that McCrae arranged the keys from longest duration in the HoH competition to shortest....and whomever suggested this, wasn't paying attention at all.

Spencer, Howard, Amanda and Judd were first 4 out of the HOHComp. Nick, Jeremy, David and McCrae were the last 4 out. Meaning that both Jessie and Candice were in the middle of the pack.

Kaitlin? 100% recruit: tapped by personnel at her bar. Also the first to say she feels the DR is trying to manipulate her (and fish). But she got out that she thinks they're trying to get her angry with Jessie for both having crushes on Jeremy.
She admits to not seeing a single episode in one of her introductory interviews.
My thought is that she is either immediately doomed OR that she has a sort of beginners luck experience. Soon she'll learn that DR is like a smarmy gossiping boss. Just agree to what they say for the next few months but do what you want. Hopefully she doesn't try to trash a mic-pack or something.

Spencer grew out his beard and traveled to an open Maine audition to make himself stand out from the crowd a little more.
Spencer is definitely a sneaky buzzard. He seems quite used to thinking three or four steps ahead. Luckily for him the only people smart enough to pick up on it are in his alliance. Although, I bet his alliance eventually turns their back on him because he's crafty. Too crafty.

Oh, and CBS has lied to us already. 100 days of summer? Is now ninety. What. A. Shock.
BB producers are narcissists who continually forget CBS cares more about Survivor than BigBrother. Kinda like Jessie. No surprise there.

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-27-13, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The feeds come up..."
Till you get to know the hamsters better the noms might seem pretty random or like they don't make much sense, but after they clear out some floaters and some dead wood you might get a better idea of what's going on. I'm not that shocked or disappointed that Candice is up. I watched as much of BBAD as I could stand last night, and she does nothing for me at all. Just bores the living $hit out of me.

06-28-13, 10:51 AM (EST)
5. "The rats begin to cheat..."
...unless you really believe Elissa won MVP of her own accord and honest vote count. It's possible, given lingering carryover from her blood ties -- but then again, how many people truly loved her sibling?

Here's the current status: Elissa, as said, won MVP. Because her genes will not permit her to keep her mouth shut, she told McCrae. This moved out to Amanda, and you can probably guess the cascade from there.

The third nominee -- the one Elissa personally picked -- is David. Choose your own motivation.

McCrae won the Veto. The competition was the annual recycling of the sticky mess: honey and bubbles and spelling words and possibly technotronics. To answer a question from Bashers, we had six players: the three nominees, McCrae, Howard, and Elissa. I'm guessing Elissa was an actual random draw or Houseguest's Choice (somehow) and that MVP does not grant a POV player slot: the power may be kept secret at the holder's discretion (which Elissa does not appear to have) and adding that is a giveaway.

The big mystery in the house can now be solved by McCrae -- namely, if he uses the Veto, is he permitted to put Elissa up as the replacement nominee? Does Elissa name the replacement herself, since she named the original? In other words, is there any protection built into this status beyond the dubious power we already know of? And the answer... probably depends on how much the rats want to protect Elissa. However, if McCrae sends Rachel v0.5 out this early, I would almost guarantee Revive-A-Hamster later in the summer.

Meanwhile...

...Elissa claimed that Gisele Bündchen was her sister, mostly as a joke, and something happened with Jeremy which has her calling him a bully and created GiseleGate. (We always get a gate somewhere. None of them ever seem to leave through it.) She's starting to curl up into a quiet shell -- she knows she's on the outs. If she somehow survives this, I expect the next HoH competition to favor her.

...Aaryn doesn't want David talking to Elissa. Wonder why. Those two also represent one of the current showmances. And Aaryn has been 'looping' -- repeating the same things to David over and over. Sound familiar? Don't think about it too much.

...Amanda has been pairing up with McCrae in a major way. We'll see if it lasts beyond his HoH. She's also been a little on the bipolar side. And please don't ask about -- well, see Hamsterwatch, but don't ask about it, okay?

...there are now sixty billion alliances, but this image should give you the most (currently) stable.

http://twitpic.com/czjfz8/full

Interestingly, there's at least a little sentiment around the Internet that much of this group is playing too hard, too early. That can backlash in a hurry if we get sixteen backstabbers. Floaters, grab a key and come on in: we may wind up needing someone we can remotely stand.

Put it this way: the Dingo's current drinking game is to take a shot whenever someone says 'I'm lost' and include yourself.

...the first undercover antics hit the feeds as Jeremy and Kaitlin went at it. Jeremy apologized to Kaitlin's father, perhaps with less than total sincerity.

...no real idea how the cage is leaning for the vote: everything's waiting on the Veto ceremony. That may not take place today simply because it would create the standard incredibly long drag between now and the first eviction show.

...GinaMarie has decided she's the house entertainment. Fashion shows are only the beginning. She has moved on to putting tampons in her nose.

...Nick is being calmer than his pre-show reveal suggested. he also appears to be the most effective verbal counter to David, although that's not necessarily a lot of work.

...yes, it's okay if you already hate them all.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-13, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The rats begin to cheat..."
I have no problem with the Vashta Nerada eating all the hamsters before the first eviction.

06-30-13, 07:15 AM (EST)
7. "MVP: the power defined."
Remember how we generally say HoH is the ability to go home next week?

Elissa's on the block.

McCrae used the Veto on Candice. And sure enough, MVP offers no ability to name your own replacement or keep you from being named yourself. Isn't it nice, having that cleared up so early in the season?

Now normally we could start laughing about yet another Grodner one-week twist right about now, but the current cage plan -- as far as anyone can track one among seventy gazillion alliances is get rid of David. Why? Probably as a physical challenge threat. Sure, let's go with that: it's the only thing which might make a little sense. He also keeps forgetting about the cameras and showing off his genitals to America, but that might be on purpose and it's not much of a reason for a vote, so... David.

(By the way, the Firefox default spellchecker knows 'gazillion')

There's also another theory in play here: that if the voters gave MVP to Elissa once, they're likely to keep doing so and by keeping her around, she'll be so thankful to whoever's HoH that the extra nomination will turn into an adjunct one. Interesting theory, isn't it?

As always, it's too early in the week to tell who's actually going out. Remember, though -- at this stage, the cage hamsters usually go sheep and work as a unit.

Incidentally, the sex count is going up: it looks like Amanada went all Lydia on McCrae. He's been trying to back her off a little (after) by saying some of the physical contact is a mistake and she's bringing her group social game too early. We'll see where Amanda winds up once his HoH is over... it's possible that she truly likes him and will keep things going there, but she might also be one of those hamsters who just cozies up to the current power structure at all costs, generally taken directly from dignity.

Beyond that -- seventy gazillion alliances. Good luck.

06-30-13, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: MVP: the power defined."
So let me get this straight. We, Americans, spend hard earned money/time joining a site so we can vote in a "favored" popularity contest that the winner of receives an immediate position on the nomination couch and shortly afterward results in our "favorite" being voted out?
Hmmm...I want my money/time back.

06-30-13, 05:55 PM (EST)
9. "RE: MVP: the power defined."
They can keep my money if they just fire Grodner and cancel the show forever.

In fact, given that they don't have any of my money, I'll give them a penny just for that.

...if it was NBC, someone would take me up on it.

06-30-13, 06:37 PM (EST)
10. "RE: MVP: the power defined."
...if it was NBC, someone would take me up on it.

No doubt.
The thing with CBS and FOX is that they choose to ride their "cancer" out. Hoping for a different prognosis if the offending agent is given more time to infect. (Luckily, Mike Darnell has passed and Mike Fleiss has gone the way of his infamous cousin.)
Whereas NBC is often too quick to remove all infected areas permanently. Then shred all documentation of said infection. Then delete all family members and acquaintances of the infected.
And ABC? They aren't above poaching. And they generally turn their collective heads to incestuous ideas. Call it something different and you might have a bite from them too.

07-01-13, 08:18 AM (EST)
11. "She said she was a classic Texas girl."
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-13 AT 08:21 AM (EST)

Y'know that odd spelling Aaryn carries around? Have you wondered what her parents might have been intending when they originally applied it?

Guess who's outed herself as a major bigot on the feeds?

Right. Remarks with derogatory terms against the following: anyone of Asian descent, anyone of African descent, and anyone of homosexual orientation. And yes, she was specifically using those terms on Helen, Candice, and Andy, respectively. Such a lovely girl. Don't you just want to get to know her so much better now? David does!

But it's not as if Aaryn's all alone in there with the beliefs someone will surely be along to defend in a few minutes for her status as True American. Oh, no -- the casting quotas wouldn't leave her to suffer in a house of the ungodly by herself. Of course, Spencer going misogynist in his jokes doesn't help her at all, but getting racial and/or homophobic comments from Kaitlin, GinaMarie, David (such true love!), Jeremy, Spencer (again), and Amanda... why, that's practically a new alliance bonded together by their purity! Even if Amanda is claiming to be a gay activist. That's deep cover for internal sabotage, just like a real American would do!

Yes, Howard knows about some of this, from Elissa. McCrae confronted Amanda, who basically said it was okay because it was so inappropriate that it had to be funny. Um...

Jeremy exploded late on Sunday, while Aaryn had a few words with Candice, mostly on the topic of a hat (Candice's) which had been sat on. Wonder what some of those words were.

House leaning is going back to evicting Elissa. And suddenly? She may be the sane one.

Gosh, Casting did such a good job already this year, didn't they? And we already know how much of this will make the actual show: just. about. none.

Oh, wait. They may want David & Aaryn to be the new Jeff & Jordan. Make that none whatsoever.

But still... it's out there, and none of them can ever take it back...

07-01-13, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
Here is some of the assorted things that will never be seen on the air, unless CBS wants to turn people for or against someone.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/06/big-brother-15-house-the-racism-misogyny-and-homophobia-comes-out.html

07-01-13, 09:44 AM (EST)
13. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
Jeremy is verbally disrespectful towards women? Whoever could have conceived of such a thing?

But we just don't understand. Clearly this is what America wants to see and hear. Admittedly, they generally want to see and hear it on Faux News, but how can we possibly begrudge CBS going after that audience?

What are we, a bunch of libruls?

07-01-13, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
After saying such things I'd be ready and raring to get rid of her! If that's a True American, I'd be ready to deny my American status!

07-01-13, 11:53 AM (EST)
15. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
There's two problems, though. The first is that with this cast, her beliefs put her close to being in the majority -- and that's just with the ones who've spoken. That's a lot of protection in and of itself. If those she's verbally targeted learn of it and get HoH or MVP, she could go up. But...

...and worst-case, if enough people vote based on being physically attracted to her, she could get an MVP or six herself. Guess who she's putting up every time?

The other issue: I don't think Ragan is going to get his wish. If we had one bigot in the cage, CBS might consider exposing them -- or rather, Grodner might for about five seconds before rejecting the idea. (It's seldom happened, and we can all think of numerous examples who were protected all the way to their personal ends. Kind of makes you wonder what she personally believes.) But this is nearly half the cast. The network isn't likely to risk losing a huge number of viewers to backlash against most of the player population, they won't pick up many who support them -- and this was one of the lowest-rated season premieres for the franchise to begin with.

Overall, horrible job by casting. Period.

07-01-13, 12:54 PM (EST)
16. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
Yep, it is hard to believe that anyone in the cast kept these sort of issues completely under the radar during the casting interviews.

Especially since this is all showing up so early in the season during the honeymoon period before people really have a lot to be grudgeful about.

Then again, I'm sure that anyone that claims that they are careful to be respectful of everyone and tolerant of those from different cultures and work hard to resolve differences in a healthy way don't make it past the first round of casting. Unless they obviously have a delusional disorder that prevents them from ever realizing that they need anger management classes, or jail.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-01-13, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-13 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

Tex-Ass. Fixed that.

07-02-13, 11:03 AM (EST)
34. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
Which means I wouldn't make it past the first round of casting -- unless they find out that I can go on the warpath if anyone insults a person from a minority that I happen to like! They might think I'd be good for ratings then!

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-13, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
I think Howard is the murderer.

(What?)

07-01-13, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
First case of Hamsteritis of BB15. Poor kingfish.

(wiggly fingers at Sir Fish!)

07-01-13, 04:19 PM (EST)
20. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
Given what he's been trapped with, can you blame him? If I fully knew I was in that kind of racist environment (total numbers and personnel involved) and gave a few minutes of thought to the duration ahead of me and my odds of winning officially having gone to zero, I would DOR. And I might just express myself a little on the way out.

07-01-13, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
The trouble is, he doesn't fully know, and unless somebody tells him what was on the feeds, he may never know.

07-01-13, 06:05 PM (EST)
22. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
Now don't be a Brandon.
Assimilate, dammit!
Use the BigBang theory of revengful bigotry and openly question their gene ratio of Homo neanderthalensis to Denisova hominin...
Or point out that they have virtually 20% DNA commonality with yeast.
Then watch them implode with insecurities. (Well... on the inside, perhaps.)

07-01-13, 06:17 PM (EST)
23. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
And how many of those words do you really think Aaryn and David will understand or be able to define, let alone spell? I have him as experiencing serious trouble with 'yeast'. (Her... topic for another, much more catty time.) Seriously: realize I will never get votes from this prospective jury, much less be able to take every Veto, choose someone to hurt and injure them on the way out.

David may have 28% commonality with seaweed.

07-01-13, 07:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: She said she was a classic Texas girl."
David may have 28% commonality with seaweed.

This could be it's own thread.
David's "smarter than the whole" DNA Commonality Over/Under.

So far yeast and seaweed show signs of being smart but not smarter than Dazid. I don't think it's is until we hit ringworm where there is some trouble separating their test answers.

07-01-13, 08:42 PM (EST)
25. "Have they been warned?"
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/07/were-the-big-brother-15-houseguests-warned-about-racial-slurs.html

And was it only because they couldn't splice together enough footage without it for the next show?

07-01-13, 09:07 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Have they been warned?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-13 AT 09:11 PM (EST)

I suspect Spencer's praising of Nazi medical experiments might have brought things to an early head.

No, that's not a joke.

Seriously. Not a joke.

Yes, I am this close to giving up on the season in Week #1.

Note that Aaryn was too stupid to get the memo. I'm Fair Using this exchange from Snidget's article, made less than twenty minutes after the Watch Your Terms announcement.

GinaMarie: "Candice is definitely on the dark side because she's already dark."
Aaryn: "Be careful what you say in the dark, might not be able to see the b****."

For those wondering why none of it will ever make the air, here's a piece of Grodner lie from 2010 on the subject.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_12/2010_Sep_08_grodner_critics

So basically, unless someone says it during a live show, nothing's ever making it to CBS. And if the Happy Group conducts a mass lynching? Go to fish.

This does bring up the question of Julie vs. Aaryn, though. We've had anti-Asian remarks -- and gee, what's the background of the host? That interview could be fascinating -- if just about anyone else was conducting it.

And on the plus side, if there was truly a general announcement made, then everyone who's been a target of the comments knows that comments have been made -- just not if they were the subject and every person making them...

*sigh*

I may seriously quit before Thursday.

07-01-13, 10:02 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Have they been warned?"
*blink*

*googles*

You aren't joking.

*sigh*

07-01-13, 10:18 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Have they been warned?"
*nods* I wasn't about to go Godwin. You have seen the cause. It is not Godwining. It is pointing out an actual event. He said it, others recorded it, and accusing the Internet of mass delusion generally doesn't work out well.

At this point, my plan is simple. I will wait until the live show to see if Endemol points any of this crap out. We both know they won't, of course. But I'm going to give them that chance anyway, because that's being fair. And when they inevitably pass on it, I walk away from the season and hope enough people independently do the same to make The Great Dirtalie Ratings Sink look like a pebble-deep dip in the road.

Enough.

07-01-13, 10:11 PM (EST)
28. "huff and vulture weigh in..."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/big-brother-racist_n_3529903.html

http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/big-brother-contestants-insanely-racist.html

07-01-13, 10:25 PM (EST)
30. "RE: huff and vulture weigh in..."
Y'know, I joke pretty much every season about how the only benefit to this show is that at least they're locked in the hamster cage instead of being out here with us. I think it just stopped being a joke.

Given the network's ability to solve sliding puzzles with sledgehammers, I wonder if this will be the last year of live feeds. Forget about correcting on a casting level: just stop giving people a chance to see what the hamsters are really like and that'll fix everything.

07-02-13, 11:42 AM (EST)
36. "RE: huff and vulture weigh in..."
Scripted feeds? The price will go up to cover the cost of a million monkeys on a million typewriters.

Thanks sweetie! You brite up my world

07-02-13, 07:00 AM (EST)
31. "Texas subtle."
Aaryn has starting openly asking people what their 'heritage' is.

This includes Howard.

Add Nick to the slur total, although his could be seen by some as light.

07-02-13, 07:43 AM (EST)
32. "Spencer upgrades his game."
He's now talking about killing Elissa.

Incidentally, the ratings took a further drop on Sunday. Before most of this really got out. The betting pool on How Low Can We Go is now open, and don't be afraid to dig past the basement. Casting did.

GinaMarie has been crying about how hard it is in the cage. Apparently the rats confiscated so much of her makeup (odd) and clothing (designer labels)? The Dingo's suspicion is that Diary might be trying to get her to quit: she's one of the worst offenders in the cage. (Guess what she called Andy. One word is below minus a y and the other is seven letters and censored. Fun for whole seconds!) Why not do the same to Aaryn? Demographics!

So let's see... Amanda called Andy 'Faggoty Ann'. Jeremy wants to defecate on Elissa's face and seems to believe all ugly people should die at birth. (I haven't found his exact words on the subject, so I'm not sure if he wants the universe to do it or if he expects to engage in a lot of personal strangling.) Oh, and he likes to be with Afrimerican girls because he can totally abuse them during sex and they won't mind. Kaitlin began her own Gay Agenda speeches. Spencer has spoken about rubbing against Jessie without her consent: it's a dream of his. Howard joined the party by saying he'd like to wrap his arm around Helen's neck in the middle of the night before telling her he was about to molest her, just for scares and giggles, presumably his, because that's what youth counselors and men of faith do. David claimed his sheets are dirty because Candice's dark skin touched them. Aaryn, not to be topped, wants to waterboard Candice using a washcloth. Oh, and she also revealed her master plan for winning the game, which was to get rid of all non-Caucasians and non-straights. Everything resolves itself from there. Presumably with the use of more washcloths.

And this? Is a fraction of it. I could have taken another two paragraphs with attacks on Helen alone. Amanda is blaming Helen for the number of stray cats in America. Or something like that...

Are you being entertained?

07-02-13, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Spencer upgrades his game."
Kids, what'cha gonna do?

(Tie them up in a bag and throw them in a creek?)

I think the sub-agenda of BB is to reverse all civil rights progress and all basic human civility that has been achieved in the last 150 years.

07-02-13, 11:45 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Spencer upgrades his game."
Mission accomplished if you ask me. I wonder how long before it's all fish all the time.

07-02-13, 11:14 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Spencer upgrades his game."
They need to start handing out penalty nominations right and left.

*sigh*

However will they edit these people into America's Sweetheart?

So did they cast this lot so Rachelv2.0 looks good by comparison?

Or did they cast this lot to make Dingo's head explode from wanting to watch and root for her people and vowing never to watch again?

Honestly, if they are this mean and spiteful now, wait until one of their alliance gets knocked out.

Almost afraid to check to see what this is going to twitter.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-13, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Spencer upgrades his game."
Amanda is blaming Helen for the number of stray cats in America.

Helen's Asian, so what's Amanda's issue with stray cats? That they keep going missing?

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

07-02-13, 12:48 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Spencer upgrades his game."
I see you wore that helmet into this thread for a reason.

*restrains Fist Of Death*

Something about how Chinese immigrants brought over most of the original housecat population and let them get out of control.

Helen's Korean. Amanda feels it's the same thing.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-13, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Spencer upgrades his game."
Watch the Fist of Death, Alice. If you mistook my comment as personal views and not as absurdity pointing out absurdity, perhaps I said it with my tongue too far in my cheek.

I did learn my one thing new for the day, though. I have never heard this Chinese-housecat connection/slur/sterotype?/something-something racial.

Also, since I never read the bios, I had no idea what her exact Asian heritage was.

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

Soccer mom or not, I bet she can't drive worth a damn.

07-02-13, 02:19 PM (EST)
40. "When NPR calls you out..."
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2013/07/02/197995283/big-brother-isnt-just-a-terrible-show-its-a-wasted-opportunity

Yep, even at NPR they found out about the racists and the people who hide the ugliness.

07-03-13, 03:17 AM (EST)
41. "RE: When NPR calls you out..."
I don't respect a thing NPR says about anything even if they're right. I can't stand their politics.

07-03-13, 07:45 AM (EST)
42. "There is an azzhat in the house"
And not one of the hamsters.

Dingo reports Jeremy with much class and aplumb rubbed Elissa's hat on his bare bottom.

*facepalm*

And Elissa showed, that despite her genetics, she may be one of the few mature and decent people in the house.

07-03-13, 08:24 AM (EST)
44. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
I don't think that she has any idea that she's making as her sole claim to existence that she's Rachael’s sister. Something one would think would be the one thing one would deny to one's last breath.

It’s hard to watch. Train, meet cliff.

07-03-13, 08:41 AM (EST)
45. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
{dark}Give her time.{/dark}

Maybe the purpose of this cast was to make Elissa constantly look like the one who most deserved MVP -- for all the good that's doing her. Nice of Jeremy to tell her what he did, wasn't it? And he even tried to apologize. In a way. A not very competent way.

Or possibly the entire hamster crew just really hates hats.

Current tilt remains towards removing David. Not that I care because unless CBS comes clean tonight, I am removing myself from the season.

07-03-13, 10:45 AM (EST)
46. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
I'd be happy if they at least play the Aryan's sarcastic please stop making racial slurs against the other houseguests BB announcement.

Even if they don't want to air the slurs, they can let people know that it is going on so we know that reactions from the minority hamsters may have a cause.

I think there can be a way of airing it without letting the bigots in the audience know exactly which houseguests share exactly which opinions and slurs.

I think that little bit of me that as a child believed that by this time the bigots would have stopped all this has died. Poor hopeful little belief.

07-03-13, 11:44 AM (EST)
47. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
Hate to break the news to you, but bigotry never seems to stop. But one can curb it by letting people know in no uncertain terms that it's wrong and the person who did it should be punished in some way!

07-03-13, 12:28 PM (EST)
48. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
Just I grew up at a time when it seemed to be fading or at least there was hope it was fading, or at least people seemed to be less likely to say crap when there were cameras running.

I never thought the backlash would mean that it seems worse than ever and I'm fully expecting they way things seem to be going in the next year or two for them to have to put colored only and white only bathrooms in all public facilities.

I'm only kidding a little.

I mean I know hatred can last for generations and generations even when people pretty much all look alike and have very similar cultures (see Europe) but I had hoped that maybe, just maybe, things would be better when I die than when I was born, and I lately, I think it is going to be worse when I die.

07-03-13, 01:03 PM (EST)
49. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
Yeah. she is very retro, in a very bad and sad way.

Where is Aaryn from? (Please don't tell me if it's Alabama. or Texas. In fact, actually, I think I'd really rather not know).

There is a devil in me that thinks that the reaction from Aaryn would make it worth telling her that Aaryn is only spelled that way by Black Homosexual Rice serving Asians. Except that I'm not sure that the Black Homosexual Rice serving Asians out there (in viewer land) would understand the joke, or appreciate being in any way referenced to Aaryn.

She was cute at first, and maybe a series of electroshock treatments might make her that way again.

And surely, from a ratings hungry, ad selling, money grubbing, way Grodner would think that alienating black, gay,and Asian demographics would be a negative thing bottom line wise.

07-03-13, 02:44 PM (EST)
50. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
Estee, if you think CBS is gonna squeal on itself for all the bigotry in this season's house, you are sadly mistaken. Unless there was something on the feeds that got past the fish that some viewer busts them on, it will be a cold day in Hell before they ever fess up. They'll cover it up, deny it if questioned, and otherwise pretend it never happened. Not good business to tell the truth on this one.

07-03-13, 03:00 PM (EST)
51. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
Oh, I realize it's a longshot on the level of having the Astros win the championship -- in the NHL. But I have to give them the fair chance before they ignore it.

07-03-13, 03:31 PM (EST)
52. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-13 AT 05:01 PM (EST)

Sorry Fishie, Aaryn is from Texas.

She has been dropped by her modeling agency supposedly over this.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/03/big-brother-aaryn-gries-modeling-agency-zephyr/

ETA: Zephyr addressing the issue on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrTalent

"Zephyr Talent fully supports free speech, but we also know that free... speech does not mean free of consequences. Zephyr Talent, as a company, has always and will continue to be strong supporters of the LGBT community, and we celebrate all races, religions and cultures. While we disagree with Aaryn’s statements, we defend her right to make them; however, due to their direct conflict with many of the values we hold at Zephyr, we cannot continue to allow her to represent our company, nor do we feel comfortable representing her.

07-03-13, 03:45 PM (EST)
54. "RE: There is an azzhat in the house"
And another country heard from.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/03/rachel-reilly-big-brother-racist-homophobic-cbs/?adid=hero1

Well, naturally they're not happy -- that's her sister in there with the azzhats, and we all remember Fun With The Border Patrol, right?

At this point, I'm just waiting for someone to approach Aaryn's parents and ask if they were just smuggling a private joke past the radar for her entire life. Not to mention why -- and what it potentially indicates for their own beliefs.

07-03-13, 04:52 PM (EST)
56. "Now Two have been fired"
http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/03/big-brother-ginamarie-zimmerman-fired-day-job-pageant/

There are going to be some unhappy hamsters when they are released from the cage.

07-03-13, 03:35 PM (EST)
53. "The art and science of saying nothing."
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-responds-big-brother-houseguests-racial-homophobic-and-misogynistic-slurs-15013.php

If you can find a single indication of what might appear in tonight's broadcast within that, congratulations.

07-03-13, 04:52 PM (EST)
55. "RE: The art and science of saying nothing."
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-13 AT 05:19 PM (EST)

I think R. Fox just made a racial slur against "Straight White" people.

And I'm offended, I do not appreciate being lumped in with "Straight White" racially biased homophobic people.

Ok, not really, as a straight white fellow I hear these slurs all the time and have developed a thick skin. And not this is any kind of defense of the BBers, because with them there isn't any, but it is easy to say stuff that is racial or sex orientation related if you don't have any self editing capability. R Fox is, in a way, calling the kettle black.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-13, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: The art and science of saying nothing."
To think, I saw Amanda as a smart player that was delivering great Diary room commentary. Good thing I don't watch the live feeds. The others may be worse but I wasn't expecting much from people like David, GinaMarie, Aaryn and Jeremy.

07-03-13, 08:46 PM (EST)
58. "RE: The art and science of saying nothing."
Aaryn is very pretty, but she doesn't miss an opportunity to act like a b!tch, doesn't she?

07-03-13, 09:16 PM (EST)
59. "Feeds on Delay"
According to Dingos

"The feeds went to a five-minute delay last night, if the timestamps are accurate, so TPTB may be attempting to do some damage control with us as well as their bigger PR fiasco.. "

07-03-13, 09:19 PM (EST)
60. "Endemol's official solution to everything."
The live feeds are now the plausibly live feeds.

Five-minute delay. Enough time to spot any racism in progress and switch to another camera. See lots of evil, hear lots of evil, broadcast none.

G'night.

07-04-13, 10:50 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Endemol's official solution to everything."
Well you knew GD well they were gonna do something like that after this fiasco. What puzzles me is why the bloody hell didn't they do this right off the getgo? They have a controversy every year about stuff some of the hamsters say, but it took those idiotic dumba$$es until now to put the feeds on a delay? Something smells to high heaven about that.

07-04-13, 11:37 AM (EST)
62. "Blame the UK"
Apparently they started it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/big-brother-bosses-place-delay-1953962

Although it is more about making sure bad guys get bad things than protecting the bad guys from the wrath of America.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •