The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-22-12, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-12 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

Fun fact: there are now enough former Big Brother contestants with prison records to make up their very own All-Stars edition.

I wanted to tell you this now so you'd have a year to prepare for Season #15.

ETA: *shrug* Well, it's not a BB season without an unfixable title typo.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Recap. Estee 07-22-12 1
   RE: Recap. suzzee 07-22-12 2
   RE: Recap. Snidget 07-22-12 3
 First segment. Estee 07-22-12 4
 When Leonard met Penny. Estee 07-22-12 5
 HA-HA Snidget 07-22-12 6
 Coach's challenge. Estee 07-22-12 7
   RE: Coach's challenge. michel 07-22-12 9
       RE: Coach's challenge. Estee 07-22-12 11
           RE: Coach's challenge. michel 07-22-12 17
 And now it gets complicated. Estee 07-22-12 8
   RE: And now it gets complicated. michel 07-22-12 10
       RE: And now it gets complicated. Estee 07-22-12 12
       RE: And now it gets complicated. Snidget 07-22-12 13
           RE: And now it gets complicated. Estee 07-22-12 14
               RE: And now it gets complicated. Snidget 07-22-12 15
           RE: And now it gets complicated. michel 07-22-12 16
               RE: And now it gets complicated. Snidget 07-23-12 18
                   RE: And now it gets complicated. kingfish 07-23-12 19
                       RE: And now it gets complicated. Estee 07-23-12 20
                           RE: And now it gets complicated. kingfish 07-23-12 22
                       RE: And now it gets complicated. newsomewayne 07-23-12 21
               RE: And now it gets complicated. Wacko Jacko 07-23-12 23
                   RE: And now it gets complicated. michel 07-23-12 24
                       RE: And now it gets complicated. Outfrontgirl 07-24-12 25
                           RE: And now it gets complicated. tribephyl 07-24-12 26
                           RE: And now it gets complicated. Toban 07-24-12 27
                               RE: And now it gets complicated. michel 07-24-12 28
                                   RE: And now it gets complicated. kingfish 07-24-12 30
                                       RE: And now it gets complicated. michel 07-24-12 31
                                           RE: And now it gets complicated. kingfish 07-25-12 34
                                               RE: And now it gets complicated. michel 07-25-12 37
                       RE: And now it gets complicated. Snidget 07-24-12 29
                           RE: And now it gets complicated. michel 07-24-12 32
                               RE: And now it gets complicated. Snidget 07-25-12 33
                           RE: And now it gets complicated. Outfrontgirl 07-25-12 36
 RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Co... samboohoo 07-25-12 35
 Wednesday night. Estee 07-25-12 38
 Excessive celebration penalty. Estee 07-25-12 39
 So keyed. Estee 07-25-12 40
 Yo, is this racist? Estee 07-25-12 41
 Because no plan has ever worked. Estee 07-25-12 42
   RE: Because no plan has ever worked... michel 07-25-12 43
       RE: Because no plan has ever worked... tribephyl 07-26-12 44
 Will Kirby to appear on tonight's e... Estee 07-26-12 45
   RE: Will Kirby to appear on tonight... michel 07-26-12 46
 RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Co... michel 07-26-12 47
 RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Co... michel 07-26-12 48
   RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Co... Estee 07-26-12 52
       RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Co... michel 07-26-12 61
 RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Co... Estee 07-26-12 49
 RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Co... michel 07-26-12 50
 Who or what Snidget 07-26-12 51
   RE: Who or what Estee 07-26-12 54
 RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Co... Estee 07-26-12 53
   RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Co... michel 07-26-12 56
 Death word. Estee 07-26-12 55
 Vote result. Estee 07-26-12 57
 HoH competition. Estee 07-26-12 58
 America votes on... Estee 07-26-12 59
   RE: America votes on... michel 07-26-12 60
       RE: America votes on... Estee 07-26-12 62
           RE: America votes on... michel 07-26-12 63

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-22-12, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Recap."
So last week, a Hantz came into a small degree of power through his own efforts alone, handled it with aplomb and dignity alike, and managed to work his HoH reign in such a way as to eliminate the one person the entire house wanted out, leading to a peaceful departure from the heights which will have no payback whatsoever because none could possibly be warranted.

Just wanted to see if you were paying attention.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-22-12, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Recap."
It's karma or a family curse. On the other hand we have that age old question answered. What kind of women go for that type. Are you surprised?

Coolest Siggie Ever thx Tribe! 2008

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-12, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Recap."
Wow, I can't believe you managed to "say" that with a "straight face".

07-22-12, 08:17 PM (EST)
4. "First segment."
Note that the recap gives Britney the fuse-lighting credit for all that came after. But it's not as if some of the others weren't speculating the whole time: she just talked to Willie about hers, and it all went out from there.

The Chilltown talks in DR do not work without Will.

Malin has reproduced. Yes, that's depressing. Oh, that poor kid...

Willie insists he came here to play alone. Because no Hantz has ever benefited from strong social ties creating game friendships and loyal alliances. Britney cannot correct this course. She realizes her team is screwed. Willie does not acknowledge the existence of a team.

Dan tells Danielle to buddy up to Janelle's crew for when they need her vote.

JoJo thinks she can stay off the block.

Willie is going to fight to stay in this game.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

07-22-12, 08:29 PM (EST)
5. "When Leonard met Penny."
'Slop date' between Ian and Ashley, proposed by Ian to Malin as a way of softening the house's attitude towards him and perhaps getting a showmance going. Ashley decides to Give Geeks A Chance. I decide to find the person in charge of Ian's wardrobe and change their profession by force.

Malin is trying to talk Britney out of trading a player should she win the CC, because if she does they'll target Shane. And if she doesn't they'll target Willie. Britney sees the threat and is not impressed, but does advise Shane & JoJo to distance themselves from Willie -- something Shane was already considering.

Slow-paced episode so far.

07-22-12, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "HA-HA"
Boogie steps off before hitting his buzzer.

HA!

07-22-12, 08:42 PM (EST)
7. "Coach's challenge."
Sideways movement across a low balance beam to stack bundles of fake money on a platform at the other end. The rules are a little harsh here: if you or the bundles touch the ground at any point before completion, you're out. No restart or penalty -- just out. This takes an early-leading Britney out first when she knocks some of her supply bundles over while reaching for a fresh one -- and eliminates Malin as he's about to win because he stepped off the beam before ringing the buzzer. Janelle wins it, protects Ashley, and puts Britney's team plus Ian on slop.

(Dan threw this, BTW: he wants both himself and Danielle to appear challenge-weak. And this contradicts a report that Ian volunteered for Have-Not.)

Willie is unhappy with his Have-Not status. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Oh, and in the name of mercy, that's all the description of the challenge you're going to get.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-12, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Coach's challenge."
Hey! I called the fact that production would design something for Britney to win in order for their trade-twist to have a chance! Balance beam and pants that favor short legs!

As for Ian, we didn't see it but we heard someone say that Ian raised his arm when Janelle was making her choices.

07-22-12, 09:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Coach's challenge."
I can't argue the point: that was a Britney-centric challenge. But the rats screwed themselves out of having her win by saying a player was out if a bundle hit the ground at any point. She knocked two down from the supply area, not the actual end stack. It would be like using the old slippery-slide tea transfer and taking players out if they spilled a drop while dipping into the pot.

07-22-12, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Coach's challenge."
They can't even fix the fixed challenges right!

07-22-12, 09:01 PM (EST)
8. "And now it gets complicated."
Willie tries to get JoJo and Shane together for the team he says he doesn't have. Britney pulls JoJo away and reminds her not to associate with Willie.

Most of the house is up in HoH ragging on Britney's team. Willie comes up and tells them not to blame his group for what he did. He's told they stuck with him, so they have to pay. Willie announces he intends to get evicted before he's voted out and leaves. The HoH crew looks worried.

Downstairs. Willie almost apologizes to JoJo for the whole affair. Eat some pork rinds (one of the Have-Not supplements.) The rest of Britney's crew is down there. Willie calls them all pussies. Britney asks if Willie can leave with class. Willie says no. Joe comes through. Someone asks where Janelle is. Joe says upstairs and heads out. Willie repeats the pussies comment. Joe says Willie is the only pussy there. Willie chases him down into the bathroom, where Ian is just getting out of the shower. Joe goes into a defensive boxing posture, arms close in and fists made. Willie dares Joe to hit him. Blackout to commercial.

When we come back, Willie is still yelling for Joe to hit him. The rest of the house hears this and scrambles downstairs. We see Willie chest-bump Joe hard enough to knock him back, basically jumping into him. (Joe will claim there was also a headbutt, which was not televised.) The rats order Willie to the back bedroom. Janelle basically demands to know what's wrong with him before he vanishes. More separation: hamsters to different rooms, no one leaves their assigned spots. Britney is crouched down in utter misery, with Jenn trying to comfort her. Wil, Danielle & JoJo hugging it out in the storage room. Willie is ordered to the DR and removed from the house at that location through Chima's side door. The house is then told to gather in the living room, where Grodner verifies the eviction. Lots of 'you did it to yourself' goodbye messages for Willie, including Malin telling him he blew the one-in-nine chance at the prize and Joe, who pushed the last button, hoping Willie finds peace.

Nominations and Veto in the next episode. Roll credits.

07-22-12, 09:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
Shouldn't Joe have been evicted also? He raised his fist, ready to fight so he has to share some of the blame.

07-22-12, 09:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
That's why I specifically posted about his posture when we saw Willie catch up to him. I know we lost some time in there, but it's hard to believe that Willie would headbutt him and all Joe would do in response was take a boxing pose and hold it. Joe was very much the provoker here. Willie took the bait, but someone was offering it -- and I'm not forgetting the feed events where part of the HoH crew (led by Malin) was basically saying Willie's on the edge, so who wants to push?

Did Willie screw up on a level that warranted his removal? He bit down on the hook. But Joe not only gets the assist on this, he arguably could have gotten a major penalty.

07-22-12, 09:22 PM (EST)
13. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
I dunno, Joe's posture did come off, to me, as more defensive rather than offensive, like in a position to fend off a punch rather than throw one.

While some people block open handed, I could see doing your blocks with closed fists as you may be less likely to break a finger that way.

After all, didn't Willie come running through the house at him? That would put me in a defensive posture.

Now I agree that Joe didn't do anything to defuse the situation and his words could have been designed to set Willie off, but when he basically says he is planning to get himself evicted, and that means violence and he comes running at someone, I don't know how many people would stand in open body beatmewhipmemakemewritebadchecks position and see what kind of violence the guy is going to lead with.

There certainly was plenty of testosterone poisoning to go around with that, and I'm sure Willie was hoping he could take someone out with him.

07-22-12, 09:28 PM (EST)
14. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
I suspect Joe doesn't need a lot of help in writing bad checks.

The combination of a defensive posture plus Willie daring Joe to throw a punch makes me think nothing physical had happened when we first saw them. Willie charges in, Joe takes his stance, Willie sees it as aggression and starts challenging... *sigh* Typically, we need the complete footage here and we're never going to get it.

I hate being in a position where I'm even partially defending a Hantz, but it feels as if Joe at least merited some serious slop time.

07-22-12, 09:35 PM (EST)
15. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
Hard to know.

They seem to want people who are willing to be physically aggressive in the cage, so as long as he can keep the line drawn they may see him as the next best hope for Oh.The.Drama now that Hantz is gone.

07-22-12, 09:35 PM (EST)
16. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
No, that posture was offensive. Just look at his face: He meant business.

And Estee, I am not defending a Hantz, just saying both were guilty.

We didn't see Malin's part on TV but if he did set this up, he should be penalized also. Throw him out and divide his players to the other three. But Malin is their favorite, the poor imitation of the old chilltown confessionals show that.

07-23-12, 07:00 AM (EST)
18. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
I've limited martial arts experience, but I never look at faces for intent. I was looking at the body center like I've been trained and the position of the arms.

To me the arms/body position looked much more ready to block a punch rather than positioned for a powerful punch. And I kinda read Joe as a guy that if he is going to punch you, he's gonna make it hurt and put some power behind it. He's not going to throw a girly punch and I know with my arms in those places that's all I can throw.

I was taught the face should read ready for business whether you intend to strike first or just defend and only put the person down if forced to. And Joe wasn't in friendly mode, I think he was seeing if he could push Willie and see if the I'm not going to wait for the vote was a bluff or not.

Now I agree Joe was fed up with Willie and more than willing to poke at hornet's nest with a stick. I just didn't read the body posture as I'm intending to punch you out for daring to follow me after I said something to offend you. I read it as I'm going to block any shot you take and am capable, if needed, of putting you down if security doesn't get her fast enough.

But that's just how I read the posture and I don't think we got the whole story from the editing.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-12, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
Totally agree, Joe's posture was defensive and fully warranted considering he was facing a charging Hantz. Throwing a punch is offensive, holding up arms to block a punch is defensive. Having a fierce expression is appropriate in either situation.

My observation of Joe afterwards was that he wasn't even really riled. He wasn't chest beating and declaring that "That little pipsqueak should have his ass kicked" or something adrenaline fueled like that. I (and I assume most of us) have been in a similar situation on occasion, and when the juices are flowing you don't act as mildly as Joe did.

And as to provoking the situation, Willie was acting up and calling everyone pussies, and Joe said (in response) the only pussy was Willie. An observation which I feel he was entitled to make considering the circumstances. It might have set Hantz off, but that was inevitable anyway. His fuse was burning, and very short.

Willie was the provoker, Joe was the responder, and it was a fairly mild and appropriate response.

Joe's Dad was a wrestler? Because it did seem like Joe might have had some training, that was a classic defensive boxing stance.

07-23-12, 10:03 AM (EST)
20. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
No, Frank's father is. Joe's parents are a happy unknown.

07-23-12, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
The Louds.

(that's a comedy sketch somehere)

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-12, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
What fish said.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-23-12, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-12 AT 01:00 PM (EST)

I am with Snidget on that one, Joe was being defensive. If he was offensive he would have done something offensive. Hantz did head butt and push but if it would of been worse I am sure Joe would of thrown punchs. You have to defend yourself.

07-23-12, 07:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
Maybe you guys are right but then again, I look at all the violence around; the fights and the killings, and I know that Joe should have been expelled also. He didn't even say a single word to calm Hantz that means he wanted to fight. I don't need to see jerks like that.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-12, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
I agree, michel. Joe didn't truly try to avoid physical conflict. Avoiding means to act in such a way that the situation defuses. It doesn't mean adopting a defensive posture, which is an acceptance that a hit is coming. I really dislike passive-aggressive behavior.

They probably didn't want to lose Joe due to the number of players going down, but I expected him to at least get a serious lecture.

I had two boys who fought, and very rarely if ever was it the sole fault of the one who hit the other. There was always provocation.

It's too bad the network has to produce all the episodes. Don't know if any of you watched the early Shipwrecked by BBC, but their Survivorlike game reached a point where the men decided enough deprivation and got the idea to bribe the locals to take them away from camp to. Local bar. They were caught. The filming wasn't meant to end, but the producers called it game over. Boom. Done.

I say let the HG drop like flies and let it be over when there are only 2 left, and it would make it much more "like" a reality show rather than WWF.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-12, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
I say let the HG drop like flies and let it be over when there are only 2 left, and it would make it much more "like" a reality show rather than WWF.

Coming to FOX, summer 2013 "Lord of the Flies: The Game".
Don't be Piggy. Beware the Beast. Obey the Conch.

Oh and I LVOE me some Shipwrecked. In any incarnation.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-24-12, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
From what I saw on TV, there was an angry, yelling 180 lbs of Hantz charging at Joe. Joe's reaction was entirely appropriate. He could have been seriously hurt. This was not the time for kind, soothing words. It looked like Joe had barely any time to react.

I think the decision to boot Hantz and sanction no one else, was the correct one.

07-24-12, 05:22 PM (EST)
28. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
I do not tolerate violence or find it appropriate in any form. When you tolerate violence, you eventually get it. This is Big Brother, not the wrestling channel. If they want to fight, get'em out of the House.

07-24-12, 07:34 PM (EST)
30. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
You're right. In principle. Dead right, I believe. Violence in situations like that should not be tolerated, and those that instigate it should be dealt with. Willie instigated it, and in spite of a lot of provocation Joe did not respond offensively. He stood his ground as one should with a bully. BB evicted Willie, and did not evict Joe. Seems right and appropriate.

Joe may actually be a bully, I don't know, but his restrained response wasn't that of either a bully or a pacifist. All I've seen is a person with irritating loudness in the Diary room. In this case, he just did what was appropriate.

If someone charges you with blood in his eye as Willie did to Joe, you would have to either defend yourself or run. And there isn't anywhere to go in BB, especially if Willie is going to keep pursuing. And he would have, I think that's abundantly clear.

Joe had to get ready to defend himself. And I think that you (just my humble opinion) should direct your feelings about bullies to Willie. I don't know what they didn't show, but based on what they did show, Willie was the bully there, just waiting for someone to give him an excuse.

Willie sat there, brooding and cursing and generally ready to lash out at anyone, and Joe just happened to make a remark (after a number of very pointed remarks from Willie) that set him off.

The world nor the house revolves around Willie, and it's up to him to control himself and curb his violent instincts, just as it is up to you and me to control ours. And if he cannot, he should be out the door. For him to charge Joe like that was inexcusable and no fault of Joe's.

I do not know anyone who would not try to defend themselves against someone acting as Willie did. Well, maybe some would try to run and hide somewhere, but Willie at that point was an unguided missile, he would have gone off on someone else. Maybe a Gandhi could have talked him down. but we can't expect that from untrained people like those in the house. Not being a Gandhi isn't Joe's fault.

And by God if you ever maneuver me into the position of having to defend Grodner again, why I'll come across this table so quick...(Smiley face).

07-24-12, 10:56 PM (EST)
31. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
Like Willie, Joe was just waiting for an excuse. I looked at the scene again and it's obvious that Joe isn't thinking: "This guy could hurt me", he's thinking: "Let him throw one punch and I'll hit him so hard his mother won't recognize him."

Of course, I don't expect a Gandhi but why do we have so many Holmes? Because violence is tolerated.

07-25-12, 09:49 AM (EST)
34. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
Joe was just waiting for an excuse? You can read his mind? He did nothing (in the broadcast) that was offensive, yet you accuse him of being an aggressor?

He, in spite of very provocative actions (including a head butt) from Willie, did nothing more than to prepare to defend himself. I would hope that his actual actions or lack thereof would be more telling than what you think he is thinking.

Penalizing someone for what you might imagine he is thinking would not be appropriate at all.

That being said, I agree with you that Joe was probably ready to engage Willie. I even agree that he probably had some desire to do so. Yet he restrained himself, and therein lies his redemption.

07-25-12, 05:35 PM (EST)
37. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
"That being said, I agree with you that Joe was probably ready to engage Willie. I even agree that he probably had some desire to do so. Yet he restrained himself, and therein lies his redemption."

There! We mostly agree. If this was real life and those two had been in a bar or something then I would agree that Willie gets the assault charge and Joe's restraint lets him off the hook. BUT, we are talking about a television program, a game show and that's why I say he should have been stripped of the privilege to play.

Put yourself in Ian's position and suppose he wins HoH: I think he'll fear Joe's reaction if he nominates him so maybe Joe's action saves him and that's simply sickening.

07-24-12, 06:00 PM (EST)
29. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
I dunno if the game really requires one to spend time trying to talk any other player down off the ledge. People do it when they need that person's vote, but just for general harmony, peace and love? Not on a reality TV show.

They certainly do not cast shows for people to get along and calm each other down.

I think the problem is that physical violence is relatively straight forward to put down a line. There can be some fuzziness to the line, but it is fairly easy to define.

Which is worse. Joe putting up a defense when someone is running at him, or the guy screaming in his face to hit him over and over.

Where was Willie's responsibility to disarm the situation by saying "oh I didn't mean to frighten you by running at you" and backing down?

Now I agree Joe wasn't innocent in setting up a volatile situation, but the responsibility for not crossing the line from verbal violence (and lord knows there is more than enough verbal and emotional violence on these shows every day. Most of the "drama" has some element of emotional or verbal violence imbedded in it, IMO) to physical lies with the individual.

The problem is the producers want drama, so you want people who are not going to get along, who are going to yell at each other, make damaging game moves against each other...how do they promote enough not getting along if they ban everyone from ever saying anything that might in anyway upset or inflame a situation? Because really, you never know when calling someone a name or "just messing with them" to throw them off their game is going to push someone over the line to violence. After all it does every day in the real world.

07-24-12, 10:59 PM (EST)
32. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
Which is worse? Why punish only the worse? Willie was horrible but both were at fault.
No fuzzy line: Two violent men => Throw them both out.

07-25-12, 07:15 AM (EST)
33. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
But everyone in that house is potentially violent, I think everyone is. Does showing your likely method of actualizing it the same as committing the act?

And a lot of the provoking others in these games is violent, it just isn't physical. Should we throw everyone out...

hey that's an idea Would free up some of my time.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-12, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: And now it gets complicated."
Well, Willie was taken out of the house, which says clearly that he failed to meet his responsibility.

I looked at sort of like a bull fight. (Very rough analogy, not perfect.)

The matador taunts and provokes the bull into charging, then sidesteps. The matador is a participant and is an essential part of the fight. If the matador jumped over the rails and left the bull alone on the fields, there would be no fight.

I don't think Willy was unpredictable. They were all sitting around waiting for the volcano to blow. Willy had said he would get himself thrown out so they couldn't vote him out. Janelle was smiling/laughing when the explosion made them jump up.

Britney went and hid to avoid it.
Joe did not. If he felt threatened he could have gone to the diary room. He wanted to show that he wasn't intimidated, but he made a big deal of the exact contact Willy made because he knew BB would throw Willy out.

Willy deserved what he got, but Joe was not at all innocent looking to me, and I know that scene was heavily edited. But I guess you're right, he knew how to walk the line and avoid the consequences of crossing it. However, I don't have to like his behavior.

Bullying is finding the weak person. Willy went after arguably a well-matched foe. I would say that he picked a fight.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-12, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
Slowly catching up. Just saw Sunday's episode.

Loved Boogie & Frank with the DR joint session. Reminds me of Boogie & Will.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

07-25-12, 07:41 PM (EST)
38. "Wednesday night."
Nominations, Veto draw, competition, and ceremony, plus forty minutes of CBS Remembers Willie. And there may or may not be a cameo from a player named Jenn. No one can decide if she actually exists.

Also, Melanie Hantz will not join the game. This year.

07-25-12, 08:11 PM (EST)
39. "Excessive celebration penalty."
Malin and Janelle, minus fifteen fans.

Shane & JoJo know they're screwed here. Anyone who worked with Willie, despite any loyalties expected on teams, is guilty by association. JoJo in particular gets lectured by Frank on the betrayal of dancing with the boy who was brought in with you, while Shane just mopes on the couch and gets repeated shots of him in his pink shirt just to establish how very screwed he is.

Gosh, wonder who the nominees will be.

07-25-12, 08:20 PM (EST)
40. "So keyed."
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-12 AT 08:25 PM (EST)

Despite Malin's attempts to supposedly backdoor Shane through nominating anyone else (emphasis on 'else' belonging to Janelle) and going for Veto, the nominees are Shane and JoJo, neither of whom could be less surprised. 'Shocker' is thrown around with sarcasm apparent. Britney advises Shane to reintegrate himself. Frank regrets the lack of no-payback HoH, which is what he would have had if he'd gotten to evict Willie the normal way. Shane can't help but agree.

Malin decides Danielle is backup in case in the Veto is used. Also that Frank should majorly svck up to the people he just nominated so they won't turn on him later. So how's that tactic worked out, historically?

Veto pull. Ian, Wil, Ashley. Joe will host and save money on microphones. Dan and Danielle are both frustrated with her lack of ability to defend herself in this: her backup status is obvious to all.

We're really rushing the first half here. At this rate, we'll wind up with thirty minutes of waffling post-competition. Way to not-pace.

07-25-12, 08:50 PM (EST)
41. "Yo, is this racist?"
After Ashley takes three hours to describe her perfect man (he must enjoy sleep and be five years older than she is. By the time this wraps up, it's eight), Joe comes out and does the world's worst Mexican parody accent to announce the Veto competition -- which is going through giant bowls of dip to search for menu item titles while dressed up as chips, as the other hamsters sip their alcohol and watch with bemusement as the players try to place them correctly. Winner will be the most right with the fastest time. Except for Ashley, who can do nothing fast. No. Thing. She turns in a credible performance for accuracy, with thirteen out of sixteen -- but everyone else up through Ian (ascending order of speed) is entirely correct. Which comes down to Shane and his self-proclaimed lousy short-term memory, which had him checking the master board every five seconds.

Naturally, he wins. And thus JoJo and Danielle are double screwed, re-screwed, and freshly screwed. (Yes, it's the word of the episode. Take a shot.)

Britney tackles Shane and throws them both into the dip. I have no idea how she pulled it off.

Frank starts to panic about Shane coming after him. Which Shane does -- going up to HoH and throwing Britney into the dip so he can hold her under until she drowns. He wants a F2 alliance with Frank because he just proved what a competitor he is and why he should be removed immediately, so let's ally up! Shane will leave his mentor. Shane will play as an individual. Shane is dumb. Damn dumb.

Naturally, Malin & Frank will tell Shane any lie he wants to hear. Except the one about not using the Veto on himself. Because that would just be stupid.

Dan tries to light a fire under Danielle to go out and save herself by telling her he won't do the work on her behalf. This is followed by Danielle asking Shane if he'll vote to save her and getting a definite 'Eh.' This lights a waterfall under her, sending her to the arcade in her Hoodie Of Misery so she can cry it out. Her crush doesn't love her. And no one really believes she's a teacher. Plus Ashley is still talking and that's depressing.

Shane is trying to play all sides without knowing what any of them are, so decides he can't sacrifice Danielle just yet and proposes to JoJo that he'll approach Frank and try to get a backdoor replacement nomination on Wil. Because Wil is the threat who isn't flirting with him. JoJo likes this plan because she thinks it improves her odds. Shane likes the plan because he came up with it. Malin is working on another DR fake phone call about how stupid everyone is, but we won't get that until next episode.

Can this plan possibly work? Why are you even asking?

07-25-12, 08:56 PM (EST)
42. "Because no plan has ever worked."
Shane uses the Veto and takes himself off the block. Danielle goes up.

Like no one saw that coming.

Dan claims he has a Hail Mary pass in the making. This probably means he's going to throw a Bible at someone's head.

Tune in tomorrow to see how much more pointless this can get.

07-25-12, 09:59 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Because no plan has ever worked."
Yep, this has to be the most boring season ever. Even Britney doesn't have a funny one-liner or two. And Janelle is setting herself up to be fooled by Malin again.

Pathetic that the funniest part of the episode was Ashley describing her ideal man and someone suggesting Ian.

Shane's plan could have worked if he had been smarter about it. He should have found a way to get Frank to figure it out for himself. Start by saying: "Danielle's the obvious replacement nom but Danielle doesn't worry me, does she worry you? She'll never be HoH so why waste your week? We have to figure out who would likely win next week...Certainly not JoJo...maybe..." Most probably Frank would say that Wil or Joe are the most likely challenge winners and that gives Shane the opening he needed.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-12, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Because no plan has ever worked."
Shane's plan could have worked if he had been smarter about it. He should have found a way to get Frank to figure it out for himself.

You just hit on the biggest obstacle to "Inception". In order to out-think someone you have to make them believe they are smarter than you. And frankly, I'd give everyone the edge on Shane (save perhaps Ashley).

Bringing out an oldie but a goodie

07-26-12, 05:33 PM (EST)
45. "Will Kirby to appear on tonight's episode."
Supposedly he's going to talk about the mentor twist.

What would you give to hear him start with 'It's stupid'?

07-26-12, 06:08 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Will Kirby to appear on tonight's episode."
Unfortunately, I'm guessing he'll start by saying that Malin is the best coach.

07-26-12, 09:06 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
BB talked about Britney's theory of the coaches playing the game so it could turn out to be true. It would be the time also: 4 coaches + Shane and either Danielle and Jojo = the number of players on the other side.

07-26-12, 09:11 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
Ashley comes up with new definitions for emancipated and introverted! Emancipated: When you get so skinny you get introverted which means your bones start to show!

07-26-12, 09:20 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
If she's pretending to stupidity in order to make herself look like less of a threat, she'll be up for an Emmy next year. As-is, I want to put her in a dumb-off with Jordan just to see the whole world lose.

07-26-12, 10:12 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
If she was playing dumb, wouldn't she DR about it? Of course, the rats may keep those DR confessionals until she becomes a real threat to win.

The coach entering the game is great for her and Jenn. UTR players will simply disappear now that there are such big fish to fry.

07-26-12, 09:15 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
Julie starts out by boasting about how fast they're losing players and suggests a coach is on the verge of losing it all. Because really, if Danielle goes out tonight, Dan will have no chance to enter the game himself. Or so she wants us to think. What Dan thinks may or may not matter.

Recap. Willie's already taking notes for his Reunion spin.

Julie then recaps the recap -- apparently we're fatally short on interesting footage this week -- and pretty much says that if Danielle leaves, Dan follows her out. But Julie lies a lot.

Next up, we recap the recap of the recap, with re-reviewed footage of Shane pulling himself off the block. Julie now wants us to believe Danielle's showmance with Shane can save her. Except that Danielle doesn't have a showmance. Feeds viewers know Danielle has a crush which Shane hasn't been remotely interested in reciprocating. Shane was a Bachelorette tryout and only wants people who lie about their affections in confessional and to tabloids. So here's your storyline: JoJo goes out because Shane turns on his team for luv. Ye gawds, is Grodner desperate.

We now try to spin a Danielle Vs. JoJo for the heart (or somewhat lower) of Shane, as JoJo tries to mock-seduce him in the Have-Not room, with Ian watching. (Ian gets off a good line about boarding the Staten Island Ferry.) Ian then relays this to Danielle, who uses it to increase the amount of misery in her life with a chopped-up DR session. Shane loves her! And only her! And keeps on loving her until she wakes up, at which point she just waits to fall asleep so he can love her again!

The story spreads through the house. Janelle, who hath been burnt at this flame before, DR decides this is the excuse for getting JoJo out. She's breaking up the pairing, destroying a voting mini-bloc, and saving Danielle's vulnerable emotions for someone else to destroy. Isn't Janelle considerate?

Britney speaks to us on the pains of trying to coach JoJo. Apparently it's like trying to teach a gorilla sign language. Except someone actually managed that. Britney? Can't get through. So she tries to convince Malin to swing the votes against Danielle. Malin knows he has the power right now. He's enjoying it. He's reveling in it. He has forgotten everything he ever knew about this show. But for now, he's pretty untouchable and he's probably going to use that to get JoJo out. Because Britney is female and hurting those is his special pleasure. Dan can wait. Unless Dan gets a sex change, in which case, he moves up on the list.

Are we entertained?

07-26-12, 09:17 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
Britney's always at her best when she mocks people! She tried to tell Jojo how to handle the situation but all Jojo would say is: I know, I know so that irritated Brit who had a DR session about it.

More talks about the coach entering the game. Malin is worried that it would turn newbies vs vets but he tells Brit he's have Ian on his side.

07-26-12, 09:19 PM (EST)
51. "Who or what"
bled all over Julie's dress?

07-26-12, 09:28 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Who or what"
Judging by his chin, Joe.

07-26-12, 09:25 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
Julie mini-interviews. Joe, talk about Willie and try to account for why we didn't kick you out. Ian, talk about the risks involved in breaking up a fight while clad only in a towel. Shane, talk about your favorite subject: Shane!

Will's time. He naturally says Malin is the best (and only) coach in the house, although the ego could be a problem. Also the lawbreaking, the embezzling, and the whole 'Have you met him?' thing. He blames Willie's being thrown out on Britney. Because he can and she can't get at him from there. And he feels Ian has the best chance to win. Because he's evil and wants Ian to feel good about himself before he's destroyed.

This has been the Dr. Bias report. Please get a second opinion before swallowing.

07-26-12, 09:35 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Big Brother #14 Week #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread: The Ten-Mile Fall To The First Floor."
Will forgets that it's easy to be the best coach when your player is HOH. He should know that it isn't about being HOH.

He was right about Dan though: Being distracted by boobies when he made his picks.

07-26-12, 09:35 PM (EST)
55. "Death word."
Frank calls the Chenbot 'Jules'. And thus ended his summer.

JoJo makes a speech which cannot be readily understood without being from her rough area. I am. I refuse to translate it. Danielle nearly falls down from getting out of the chair (not a challenge threat, she does declare!) and makes a speech which makes it feel as if she's waiting for a tiara to be lowered onto her head. It goes with the dress.

Votes. Joe sold his to JoJo for cigarettes on the live feeds. And goes back on it here. Is nothing sacred?

07-26-12, 09:44 PM (EST)
57. "Vote result."
JoJo out 5-1: Shane dissenting. Julie tries to sell the storyline about this being a romance thing. Julie is starting to lie on an Azula level, only without the skill. And Dan survives. Is it twist time yet?

A tweet appears on the screen, written by Jeff. He likes Malin. Well, one egotistical bigoted idiot to another...

JoJo pulls a Rachel to Julie: competitions, competitions, and big moves which may be based in competitions! And she had to be herself even if it killed her. Oh, look: it killed her.

Julie teases that we get to vote on a game-changer shortly, then sends us to commercial. HoH up next. (Poisoned slop? No, that would be redundant...)

07-26-12, 09:53 PM (EST)
58. "HoH competition."
So if you're a producer/rat, how do you tilt this field? Do you want the revenge theme to continue, or are you looking for Malin's crew to walk off with next week and beyond? If it's vengeance, then this is Shane or Danielle next, both of whom may actually want HoH at this point. Or we could have a fair game won by real effort. Or you could stop laughing now.

It's knocking a single ball into a numbered slot with a hockey stick. One shot. Highest number wins. Total rerun -- on ice. Julie is rushing shots: apparently the next twist needs some reveal time.

Shane gets the highest possible number. Revenge it is! Gosh, Frank, hope you didn't offend him too highly and those lies were sold with no refund attached... Shane, please pick up your HoH key. And Britney. Actually, she'll come to you.

I believe Malin is starting to sweat.

07-26-12, 09:59 PM (EST)
59. "America votes on..."
...killing the twist. Text 1 to give the coaches a chance to become players, 2 to keep things as they are. $1.00 per vote. Please be aware that no votes will actually be counted and Grodner will do whatever her original plan was while rubbing your money in places you don't want to think about. So go ahead and waste your cash. Or vote online and just waste your time.

The desperation set in early this year.

07-26-12, 10:08 PM (EST)
60. "RE: America votes on..."
So, if I say that the coaches will be playing, you won't bet against me?!

This is a nice way to give the Coaches immunity for 5 rounds. Could have given them a golden key and be less hypocritical. Funniest thing is that I can blame the twist on America. You guys did this to us!

BTW. why did Joe call Jojo a hypocrit? Not saying she doesn't dedserve it but I don't recall anything to justify his remark.

07-26-12, 10:13 PM (EST)
62. "RE: America votes on..."
Yeah, it's not as if JoJo sold her vote and then went back on her word -- no, wait: Joe did that. He does seem to keep calling others things he turns out to be. So I'm now waiting for him to call someone a total ass.

So, if I say that the coaches will be playing, you won't bet against me?!

Not a chance. Right now, my only question is 'All in or some?' Can a coach opt out and choose to push for the 100k in relative safety? Free will in BB: what a concept.

And you just called it: this whole thing was a stall to get the veterans deeper into the game while cutting down the newbie numbers. Brilliant insight: we were looking at stealth keys the whole time.

*slow head shake*

Seriously, why do we do this to ourselves?

07-26-12, 10:25 PM (EST)
63. "RE: America votes on..."
It's summer. We are in the mood for pool parties, beer and suntans! This is the popcorn that goes with it. Somewhat stale but popcorn still!

You know what's worse: The coaches got the insights of their players, knowing which ones are loyal, which ones are schemers. This mentor schtick was better than golden keys. Remember how Danielle killed herself because she got bored? Here, the vets were playing, were part of the strategies but had no risks.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •