The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How do you make someone 'The most powerful HoH ever'?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-10, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How do you make someone 'The most powerful HoH ever'?"
Remember: this is Big Brother and the concept of game balance is only present as long as it's funny. The Usual Gang Of Idiots (production, not hamsters) could throw absolutely anything into Pandora's Box and not only fail to see the long-term damage it would do, but completely fail to care.

Bring out your ideas. And remember the first rule of Grodner: it only flies if it's stupid!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How do you make someone 'The mo... vince3 08-06-10 1
 RE: How do you make someone 'The mo... vince3 08-06-10 2
 RE: How do you make someone 'The mo... Estee 08-06-10 3
 RE: How do you make someone 'The mo... michel 08-06-10 4
   RE: How do you make someone 'The mo... LFJ 08-06-10 5
 Now we know vince3 08-08-10 6
   RE: Now we know michel 08-08-10 7
       RE: Now we know Estee 08-09-10 8
           RE: Now we know Snidget 08-09-10 9
           RE: Now we know michel 08-09-10 10
               RE: Now we know Outfrontgirl 08-09-10 11
                   RE: Now we know Estee 08-09-10 12
                       RE: Now we know Outfrontgirl 08-10-10 13
                           RE: Now we know Round Robin 08-10-10 14
                               RE: Now we know kingfish 08-10-10 15
                                   RE: Now we know Round Robin 08-11-10 16
                                       RE: Now we know kingfish 08-11-10 17
                                           RE: Now we know Round Robin 08-12-10 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-10, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How do you make someone 'The most powerful HoH ever'?"
Full contestant choice: instead of reaching into the bag, the HoH gets 3 'Houseguest Choices' (Ragan's Veto Ticket, be damned... they'll play with 7 this week!) and picks the players himself. Which means that if he gets 3 choices, Matt will most likely pick Lane, Enzo, and Hayden, sending the complete Brigade in against the Showmance Nominees... and Ragan.

Total Control: There won't be a POV this week at all, whoever he nominates are guaranteed to sit in the chairs on Thursday... They'll at least get to see Jef/Jordan before they break up for the Jury House, though...

Back to Back, with benefits: Can play in the next HoH competition, and gets a Veto Ticket so he can play in the POV next time as well, guaranteed.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-06-10, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How do you make someone 'The most powerful HoH ever'?"
Ultimate Torture: By opening Pandora's Box, he not only potentially releases the Stabo, but the ENTIRE house becomes Have Nots, except him.

08-06-10, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How do you make someone 'The most powerful HoH ever'?"
1. Matt gets to play next week. In fact, Matt gets to play every week. It's outwardly halfway subtle, it gives him a chance at continuous power & protection and in the hands of the right player, it destroys the game as we know it.

2. Matt gets to outright name the next HoH: no competition required. End of season.

3. Matt receives one automatic Coup because America loves him that much.. Ibid.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-10, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How do you make someone 'The most powerful HoH ever'?"
I like the idea of Matt being able to play in the next HOH but how about a "get out of jail free" card? He cannot be nominated next week.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-06-10, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How do you make someone 'The most powerful HoH ever'?"
It might be fun if the HOH became a double-edged sword, and whoever wanted the power enough to win, had to pay the price of say - being outed for a hurtful lie they told about their spouse on national tv - and then find a way to live with it in the house for the next 6 - 8 weeks. We might get to see the "squirm smirk".

08-08-10, 09:31 PM (EST)
6. "Now we know"
Diamond POV returns to play.

He can use it in the next two weeks to same himself/someone else... Not only that, he picks the replacement nominee.

This is a practical Game Over for the rest of the cage.

08-08-10, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Now we know"
End of game? It makes it tough but not impossible depending on who wins HOH. If one of the brigade wins it, the diamond POV becomes pointless anyway. If the remaining pair of Brenchel wins the HOH, we can assume that Hayden and Matt are going up. Matt removes himself, puts up Kathy, she leaves and we wind up with 4 Brigadiers vs 3 floaters. The next HOH could restore balance IF they nominate two brigadiers. OR... the Brigade starts thinking Matt has kept too many secrets and they vote him out.

Also, if Ragan plays his hand properly, the House could even think that Matt had to accept the role of saboteur to get the POV! I'd try to frame Matt for every sabotag action.

08-09-10, 07:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Now we know"
There are a few questions linked to this latest in BB's series of Really Bad Ideas.

Is the regular veto still in play? It might be possible to wipe two nominees off the block in a single session.

The Blingie holder gets to put up the replacement of his choice. Are there limits on that? Can you take someone who just saved themselves and U-turn them back onto the block? Attack an outside party who did the saving? Is the HoH vulnerable? How many rules are being violated here?

Why two weeks? The first week is your HoH: you're not going to use the Blingie unless you want to open The Ultimate Backdoor -- with all the payback that implies. It's effectively a one-week power: why not describe it as such?

Can the Blingie be stolen and used by the new holder? Traded? Sold at a pawnshop for the value of the plastic and paste-on sparkles? ($0.35.)

And, as always: what's the point of asking this? It's a BB twist. Historically, the odds of it being invoked are about one in eight...

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-10, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Now we know"
Well, at least giving it to Matt may up the chances it will be used (and I do agree that having the blingy of doom active during your HOH reign is a bit odd so it is really mostly a one week thing).

I'm sure in Matt's super evil genius brain (patent pending) even the most ridiculous use of the blingy of doom will be some insanely complicated evil that will get him to the end even if what he does looks like the worst idea possible.

08-09-10, 08:13 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Now we know"
Good questions. Maybe Phil can tell us about the U-turn...

I'd say that the HOH will be safe because even the coup d'État couldn't touch HOH.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-10, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Now we know"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-10 AT 08:00 PM (EST)

yeah, it should work like the diamond power of veto has always done. HOH is safe. Normally the diamond veto is at F3, is it not? So the person who is not HOH nor won the veto gets evicted. No real choice involved.

I am sure there will be a regular veto comp, because Matt's power is secret and he may elect not to use it. His power probably comes into play after the veto holder does his/her thing and the HOH picks any replacement.

I'm thinking at that point that Matt can choose to save either the other person who was on the block (or one of the two if veto not used), or he could override the HOH's choice for replacement and replace that person -- which could be himself if they were trying to back door him.

If Brendan had won HOH this week he would have bought himself a chance to make it until he was eligible to play again. This comp was tailored to Matt though.

I don't think the diamond power would allow Matt to put up the Veto holder. The veto holder is supposed to be safe from nomination, and I doubt they would change that.

ETA that if EG is able to restrain himself, and he and his alliance are not in danger next week, his best move is not to use it, because Enzo, Lane, Hayden are not going to like that he lied to them. Even though the rules said he couldn't tell anyone.

08-09-10, 08:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Now we know"
This concept is going to sound odd no matter how I put it:

Letting the diamond veto override the golden will kill the integrity of the game. (Or what very little integrity it might still somehow retain.) It took a lot of tinkering to get contestants using the veto at all: unless the winner was already on the block, there were thoughts of payback, retaliation, and instant anti-karma. Make the diamond into 'Remember the results of that competition? Don't' and the normal veto will spiral into paranoia. Use it? Sure, go ahead and use it on your block-trapped ally -- it's not as if the producers would whip out an override. Again. At least not more than eight times a season.

But in this cartoonish game, integrity of play only stays around until the moment destroying it would be funny...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-10, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Now we know"
You lost me at "integrity."

*nah, I understand what you mean*

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-10-10, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Now we know"
This is probably a lot of bandwidth and TV time wasted for nothing. Matt won't use it this week, as if Britney doesn't use the veto he will merely allow his noms to stand, and if she does use it, he will go straight to who he wants as the replacement nominee and will save the power for next week. Then next week depending on how HoH, noms and PoV go, there's still a hell of a good chance it will not be used. Bottom line is that if Matt is a loyal Brigade member, I doubt you see it get used.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-10, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Now we know"
If we don't waste it, someone else will.

08-11-10, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Now we know"
Yeah, but I hate the way Grodner misleads all the doofuses out there in TV land with her overhyped bull$hit. She has the common ordinary humanoids who watch SeeBS's hogwash all hepped up into a lather over something that there's a 75% or better chance won't even bear fruit. And most of the relatively tiny percentage of us who read internet spoiler boards know the whole deal is probably nothing but a big crock of bull$hit. So why do we treat it with any degree of respect?

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-10, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Now we know"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-10 AT 12:45 PM (EST)

No offense, I think I get your point. But I think we are treating it with the respect it deserves.

Derision. Snark. The entertainment derived from observing undeveloped (mentally) hamsters in a psychological maze.

We need to get humping in Bashers again.

08-12-10, 00:26 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Now we know"
I'll second that. Things seem to have gone dead over there lately.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •