The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-24-08, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-08 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

For specific discussion of this season's 'relationship' and the many details which don't make the broadcast (some of which are missing because there's no way to get them into broadcast standards).

Right now, the current state of the union seems to be this:

April's basically admitted that she's playing Ollie. It's the same thing Matt did to Natalie: find a sucker, keep a sucker -- except that April seems to be giving out the majority of sexual favors in this relationship instead of receiving them. As far as we've heard from April, this is all about controlling an alliance partner via the most direct means she could find. The majority of this hasn't made the broadcast beyond a quick admission that it was gameplay on her end: our show audience doesn't know how she's holding the leash. But unless she manages to find feelings somewhere under the 'So who cares? It's not as my father will ever see most of it', we're looking at Heartless Be-Yotch Version Too.Many.

Ollie, gawds help him, seems to at least partially believe it's real -- at least, he may think April really cares about him and wants to be with and around him. He might have some idea that it's just in a showmance context: they'll have fun in the hamster cage, and afterwards -- which is where we hit the problem. Ollie just might be starting to believe there's a chance at 'afterwards'. His feelings appear to be sincere. Yes, he's being very naive, and you can add a hefty dose of raw dumb to that, along with a bit of the classic 'now moving thought processes from primary head to secondary head' -- but for the moment, he's a victim, and his final fall could break bones.

People saw what Matt was, and I'd like to think it had some impact on his social life after the show. As in 'obliterated it'. We're seeing what April is, and it's Matt's reflection in a funhouse mirror.

This is already very, very ugly -- and it has the potential to get so much worse...

It's not Angela & Tony, but it's way too close.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... realitytvfan07 07-24-08 1
   RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... Estee 07-24-08 2
       RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... realitytvfan07 07-24-08 6
           RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... nailbone 07-24-08 9
               RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... Estee 07-24-08 10
                   RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... Snidget 07-24-08 12
                       RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... Estee 07-24-08 15
                           RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... nailbone 07-24-08 17
               RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... realitytvfan07 07-24-08 11
                   RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... nailbone 07-24-08 13
                       RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... realitytvfan07 07-24-08 16
                   RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... kingfish 07-24-08 18
 RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... kingfish 07-24-08 3
   RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... UNCLERICH1 07-24-08 5
       RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... Colonel Zoidberg 08-07-08 19
           RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... Snidget 08-07-08 20
 RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... mia rules18 07-24-08 4
   RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... realitytvfan07 07-24-08 7
 RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... aquariaqueen 07-24-08 8
 RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tra... suzzee 07-24-08 14
 A perfect couple. Estee 08-13-08 21
   RE: A perfect couple. Colonel Zoidberg 08-14-08 22
       RE: A perfect couple. Estee 08-14-08 23
           RE: A perfect couple. Colonel Zoidberg 08-16-08 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-24-08, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Thanks for starting this thread. I have been wanting to talk about these two since this started.

I don't believe April is "playing" Ollie. I think he is playing her. For a naive guy he got in her pants super fast. I am not buying his "just lost my virginity" act. It's as phony as a 2 dollar bill. The dude is a player thru and thru.

Did you see the look on his face when Julie Chen questioned them last nite? I think he knows he is wrong for what he is doing and I don't think his feelings for April go beyond sex.

April on the other hand has mentioned having his baby. The sex is unprotected and the look on her face when Julie talked to them on last nite's show said it all. For her it's real. There is no way having unprotected sex is a strategy on her part.

I get the "lead him by the nose" angle but it doesn't work when you give up the goods right from the start.

Ollie turning on Brian seemed like Ollie was thinking with the wrong head but Ollie isn't even on anybody's radar. He managed to come out of that smelling like a rose. Innocent, naive...don't think so.

I think the real reason he turned was because he didn't want to be a puppet in Brian's scheme. He saw Brian as a threat and got rid of him and got some booty in the process.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-24-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
April's admitted (in mainstream DR presentation) to playing Ollie. It's not impossible that she's moved from that to falling for him -- it just feels really unlikely.

As for the sex -- I'd guess April sees that as the best way to get Ollie hooked (read 'addicted' if you want to) and keep him that way. She's the one who has to grant permission, and as for the unprotected aspect -- I can't reproduce the exact soundtrack and orders from her to Ollie. The core would be that he's being instructed to withdraw and is complying. April may be used to using her body as a tool to get what she wants. There's at least a small chance she's done it before and knows exactly how to run the routine. When you're not sure how long you have to start operating power games, making people wait may not be in your best interests.

Having his baby -- missed that part. Saying she could never be in a real relationship with him because he snores -- caught that.

I think April was so shocked last night because she wasn't expecting the showmance to be brought up to that degree -- and she wasn't sure how far the questions were going to go. Remember, she's already freaked once when confronted on her actions making the air (although it slipped her mind in a hurry). The mainstream viewers don't know they've had sex: if Julie was about to bring it up, I can pretty much guarantee it would have reached her father...

It's possible Ollie's playing his own character, and there's definitely a chance that he's manipulating April while she's trying to do the same to him. But the most I can see there is a two-way street with neither driver truly aware of the other. April is playing him. At most, Ollie's playing her right back.

07-24-08, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-08 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

Like I said "leading by the nose" is one thing but unprotected sex is quite another. And in case you didn't know the pull out method doesn't work and is in no way a form of birth control.

I believe April made the comments about playing Ollie before they consummated the showmance.

Other BB women have played the so called "game" April is playing and none of them actually had full on sex with the "sucker". Even Mattie didn't have sex with Nat. She provided some BJ's for him but he never returned the favor and even timed the amount of time he had to spend with her to get her to do it. Clearly, he was playing her.

Like I said Ollie is not on anybody's radar and has about the same amount of pull as April sooo how does screwing him advance her game. I just don't see it.

As for the snoring part, they were joking she didn't say that in a vicious I can't stand him type of way. She went on to say "we" (as in we as a couple)can get him surgery to fix it.

Again, risking pregnancy is not "playing" someone. So I just can't agree with you.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-08, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Like I said "leading by the nose" is one thing but unprotected sex is quite another. And in case you didn't know the pull out method doesn't work and is in no way a form of birth control.

I thought one of the hamsters found a condom...

07-24-08, 02:02 PM (EST)
10. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Not having access to condoms would shock me. Admittedly, the only show whose birth control policy we know is Survivor -- but that policy is 'You request, we provide, no questions asked 'cause we're gonna film it anyway.' I'd be surprised if BB didn't freely offer supplies in the pantry. (Or at least slipped through a tray in the Diary Room.)

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-08, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
I've found some online news and a screen cap that indicates at least for BB9-gosh darn we want sex live on the feeds edition provided condoms.

I'd be shocked if they weren't available every season.

07-24-08, 02:38 PM (EST)
15. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Is it possible that both April & Ollie are so stupid, they've decided that if they don't ask for condoms and keep all activity under the blankets, no one (including the producers) will realize they're having sex?

07-24-08, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Based on previous comments about the existence of the cameras, I'd say it's 100% possible.

07-24-08, 02:14 PM (EST)
11. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Yea I think Keesha found one in Renny's bed. From what I have gathered BB does provide condoms. Why these two don't use them I can't say.

But if you watch the clips of them doing it on youtube it's obvious protection is not being used. During one session April tells Ollie to "pull out". In another session she tells him to "cum on me".

07-24-08, 02:28 PM (EST)
13. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
I'll just take your word for it, thanks.

07-24-08, 02:51 PM (EST)
16. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
LMAO...I completely understand.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-08, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Found one in Renny's bed? I guess a New Orleans lady is always prepared. And deluded.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-08, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
I agree with most of Estee's observations, only adding that April's obsessive insecurity may be adding to her motivation to boink Ollie. I suspect that her level of insecurity will not let her ignore any weapon she has.

There will be BJs if he seems to drift in his loyality.

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-24-08, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UNCLERICH1 Click to send private message to UNCLERICH1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
I think April is using Ollie more than Parvati was using James in Survivor 16. Parvati got a million $$$,will April get $500,000. & a kid? we will know about the money in 3 months, and the kid in (April) For those who haven't seen Ollie and April having fun under the covers. thanks to YouTube video
RATED R
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoTEoyIY-1c

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-07-08, 06:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Arg...was actually a bit happier not knowing that April and Ollie were getting busy like that. From the editing (not a live feed subscriber or a Showtime viewer) you wouldn't know they were taking their relationship to any level, much less the next one.

As for the fact that it's unprotected...I'm thinking it's probably more along the lines of that BB is the cheapest reality show not on NBC and probably only buys cheap, useless, Grade-F condoms for the hamsters to use, and they rip half the time anyway and don't provide much pleasure, so Ollie and April's method is probably actually safer.

Congrats Red Wings! 2008 Stanley Cup Champions!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
It is kinda sad when reality starts to sound like a badly written fanfic.

Hopefully next season will not be the season of slash.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-24-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
I don't have the feeds, but could it be that April said she was using Ollie just to save face in front of the rest of her alliance? Again, because she is so insecure it wouldn't surprise me that she wouldn't want people to think she was getting played, but SHE was the one doing the playing...

07-24-08, 12:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
ITA. I could definitely see her saying that to save face.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-24-08, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
Skanky couple.

Hmmm...they have unprotected sex more than once, she admits she's not on birth control, and don't have a problem having sex with Jerry in the room, she tells him to "pull out" the first time and to "come on me" yep, while Jerry's in the room! And they gross out because he passes gas!!! Unbelieveable. It's on YouTube.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-24-08, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: April & Ollie: a showmance tragedy in up to three months acts."
I thought I heard Ollie say at some point that he was just using April. Anyone else remember anything like that? If this is true which one is trying so hard to use the other one and who is trying to save face and why bother?

Coolest Siggie Ever thx Tribe! 2008

08-13-08, 12:43 PM (EST)
21. "A perfect couple."
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-08 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

Okay -- I take back about seventy-five percent of everything I said about Ollie being the potential victim here, with the remaining quarter ready to jettison at any time.

Pasting the following from today's Hamsterwatch:

'April: She is so full of herself, she's a total comedy show all on her own, and doubly so when she starts in with Ollie on their out-of-control spiraling Relationship talks. Tonight we learned that she was previously engaged and/or married for a short time, and that she's been with at least one pro athlete. She also claims she's lived with 'VIP treatment' before, and she thinks P Diddy is probably watching the show (and her). Keep in mind, this is all per her. I've got nothing to say about her big P in this pic... it's just too easy.'

And not to be outdone:

'Ollie: See April, with the revelations that the once-innocent preacher's son now claims to have slept with three times as many women than April has men, that he slept with as many women as he could for awhile, that he's been with 'one, maybe two' strippers, and one married woman - which he described as 'the worst thing he's ever done'. Innocent, indeed!'

We may be heading for yet another 'how dare you betray me before I could betray you!' showdown.

08-14-08, 06:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: A perfect couple."
Ollie: no drinking, no smoking, no cursing. Unprotected sex with strange women, however? Perfectly OK. Just have a see-gar, a sip of beer, and drop a "hell" or a "damn" and get it over with, Ostencellas.

08-14-08, 06:29 AM (EST)
23. "RE: A perfect couple."
And a bathrobe. You can't be any part of or kin to Marcellas without a bathrobe.

08-16-08, 12:01 PM (EST)
24. "RE: A perfect couple."
And an eye mask. And a mopey attitude. And a way to work the word "jealous" into his name. Throw in a few weeks of Hurricane Howie all over him and you got a deal.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •