The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-10-08, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
Here's your chance!

In what promises to be the most decadant Big Brother season yet, the hamsters are casted as a pair of show-selected soul mates according to their love profiles. They are told, "Your life in the house depends on this other person. You're going to sleep in the same bed together, you're going to compete together, you're going to hold the Head of Household together, get nominated together -- and ultimately -- get evicted together."

Do you think the very moral fabric of America is being destroyed by this show, blatantly flaunted during child-viewing prime time? Or are you into the caged lovefest fetish? If you could, would you reprogram the Chenbot? What else do you notice as you watch the show, if your sensibilities aren't already shot to hell?

Here's your chance to answer all that and more. You can be a BB9: Soul Mate summary writer! No experience required - yes, you lurkies and newbies and milkies are all encourage to apply! Just tell the story, use your spell-checker and post it in the Bashers forum within a day or two of airing. That's right, we're looking for a good dirty dozen (or even a dirty 16, or more!) summary writers to write about what promises to be the dirtiest BB season yet.

And now, the specifics (as Estee put it last season): BB summaries generally go two ways: by the episode (if there's a lot of signups) and by the week (if there aren't), compressing three airings into one rant of fury. The main hazard with working by the episode is that summaries have to appear quickly -- ideally, before the next airtime shows up. The premiere has to get special treatment either way, as the person with that summary is essentially responsible for introducing the cast, even if the editing doesn't bother to. Especially if the editing doesn't bother to. Also note that summaries cover only what is broadcast, not to include what is shown in, for example, After Dark.

You can offer to write for either a single episode (including the premiere and post-premiere) or for a week-long shot, ending with the eviction on Wednesday in the Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday cycle. If we get a lot of participation, we'll start with single episodes and possibly move to the weekly format later, but if there are fewer writers, we'll move to weekly format sooner.

BB9 plans to air Sunday (8 EST) / Tuesday (9 EST) / Wednesday (8 EST), with evictions on Wednesdays. But don't be surprised if these dates/times get reshuffled with BB bumping up against AI on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Tue Feb 12 (premiere)*
Wed Feb 13 (post-premiere)*

Sun Feb 17 (HOH/nominations?)*
Tue Feb 19 (veto?)*
Wed Feb 20 (first eviction)*/**

Sun Feb 24 (HoH/nominations)*
Tue Feb 26 (veto)*
Wed Feb 27 (second eviction)*/**

Sun Mar 2 (HoH/nominations)*
Tue Mar 4 (veto)*
Wed Mar 5 (third eviction)*/**

Sun Mar 9 (HoH/nominations)*
Tue Mar 11 (veto)*
Wed Mar 12 (fourth eviction)*/**

Wed Mar 19 (fifth eviction)**

Wed Mar 26 (sixth eviction)**

Wed Apr 2 (seventh eviction?)**

The final airing date is still undetermined.

Those dates with an asterisk(*) are for single-show summaries. If there are no single-show summaries taken for the week, then dates with two asterisks (**) are for weekly summaries. Let's start with these dates, filling in the earlier dates with single-show summaries, and we'll take it from there. Additional suggestions are also welcome.

Caged by Snidget

What unadulterated decadence.

(Adult-what?)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... FishWoman 02-12-08 1
   RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... cahaya 02-12-08 6
 RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... Ahtumbreez 02-12-08 2
   RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... cahaya 02-12-08 10
 RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... zipperhead 02-12-08 3
   RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... bdemoney 02-12-08 4
       RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... cahaya 02-12-08 9
           RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... bdemoney 02-13-08 11
               RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... cahaya 02-13-08 12
                   RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... bdemoney 02-14-08 13
   RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... cahaya 02-12-08 7
 RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... strid333 02-12-08 5
   RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedul... cahaya 02-12-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-12-08, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-08 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

Poor Cahaya,

no one wants to play

I can do tonight's summary. And then anything March 26 or later.

ETA: I will catch tomorrow night's summary as well. Then Zip can get next week. of course, my summary may very well consist of "how many hamsters are here? way too many!"

Agman remembered my birthday!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-12-08, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
Thanks, FishWoman. You're a life-saver.

I think you already know that you need to do an introduction to the cast of hamsters in your first summary, covering some background/bio/character information on each of them.

Good luck! I did last year's BB8 premiere summary, and it was a lot of fun. Thanks again.

Caged by Snidget

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-08, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
Just came in to smooch cahaya. *smooch*

Agman took me to the islands
Once Biggest Loser is over I could help out. But BL and AI out rank BB. I'm not sure when BL is over.

02-12-08, 05:48 PM (EST)
10. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-08 AT 05:49 PM (EST)

(*blush*)

Caged by Snidget

I'm an AI fan (and a Malaysian Idol fan, too, while I lived there!), so I understand the reluctance of BL and AI fans to divert their RTV time to BB if they're not much of a BB fan. BL will be airing for a while yet, so drop back in afterwards if/when you're ready to try your hand at a BB summary. Thanks! (*smooch*)

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-12-08, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
I can do next week - 17*/19*/20**. I'll probably do little shots for Sun and Tues and then a bigger rip-job on Wed. You okay with that?

The week after that, I think I'm in line to do an Apprentice summary and the week after that I have a Survivor episode to do.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-12-08, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
Count me in. I am available all season, so just let me know when you need me. Thanks!

02-12-08, 05:43 PM (EST)
9. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-08 AT 07:13 PM (EST)

Hi, bdemoney. How does the week of Feb 24/26/27 look for you?

Have you written a summary before? If not, I might suggest picking one date to begin with. But if you've done a summary before and feel comfortable with doing two or three within a week, then we can look at you having do the whole week, similarly to zipperhead for the prior week.

Thanks!

(etf dates)

02-13-08, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
Hey Cahaya, Yes, I've written several BB summaries, one Survivor summary and various other summaries for other shows, so I can do a whole week or perhaps I can do just one or two summaries a month. I figured maybe you'd do some sort of rotation schedule, since once I've done one I'm not big on turning around and doing another one the same week (but I can if necessary). Just let me know the dates you need me and I will make sure I get my summaries completed. I'm pretty flexible. Thanks!

02-13-08, 03:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
Cool! Take the week and then we'll take it from there.

02-14-08, 00:02 AM (EST)
13. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
Okay. I'll take the week of Feb. 24th. Sounds good.

02-12-08, 05:36 PM (EST)
7. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
I can do next week - 17*/19*/20**. I'll probably do little shots for Sun and Tues and then a bigger rip-job on Wed. You okay with that?

That's perfect! Thanks, zip.

Caged by Snidget

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-12-08, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
I would like to write a summary, but I want to wait until much closer to the end of the show. I am writing an SOTS and a Survivor summary around now (which is around my midterm break week) and then when I return to school I won't have time for a summary during March. Ask me again around mid to late April? Especially considering how we don't know if we are doing weekly or individual episode summaries.

Three is the perfect number.

02-12-08, 05:38 PM (EST)
8. "RE: BB9 Summary signups and schedule"
Ok, strid333, we'll see if the season runs through April (it should), and you can pick up an episode/week from there as and when you're available. Thanks!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •