The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Winter Big Brother season..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-07, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Winter Big Brother season..."
A new ‘Big Brother’ on the way?
TV writer’s strike means a new 'BB' may launch this winter
Big Brother fans are no doubt happy about the Writers Guild strike, as it looks like a new installment of their fave show is being rushed into production, with a return slated for this winter.

At least that’s what Entertainment Weekly is reporting, saying that a “reliable source” at CBS is getting the ninth edition of the reality show up and running with an airdate of January or February.

CBS owns the BB house and casts for the series year-round, hence the speedy turnaround.

And, if the strike is still affecting scripted shows, BB could air more than three nights a week to fill the void.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Winter Big Brother season... FlamingCactusIT 11-10-07 1
 RE: Winter Big Brother season... Hoobie 11-11-07 2
 CBS Logic. Estee 11-11-07 3
 RE: Winter Big Brother season... nikkiT69 11-15-07 4
 RE: Winter Big Brother season... Buggy 12-03-07 5
   RE: Winter Big Brother season... mia rules18 12-04-07 8
 RE: Winter Big Brother season... Loree 12-03-07 6
 RE: Winter Big Brother season... Sidecar 12-03-07 7
 RE: Winter Big Brother season... Loree 12-04-07 9
   RE: Winter Big Brother season... J Slice 12-04-07 10
       RE: Winter Big Brother season... Estee 12-05-07 11
       RE: Winter Big Brother season... Loree 12-05-07 12
           RE: Winter Big Brother season... foonermints 12-12-07 13
               RE: Winter Big Brother season... FlamingCactusIT 12-30-07 14
                   RE: Winter Big Brother season... catsnotkids 12-31-07 15
                       RE: Winter Big Brother season... bdemoney 01-05-08 16
                           RE: Winter Big Brother season... bdemoney 01-13-08 17
                               RE: Winter Big Brother season... jd8855 01-15-08 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-07, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
I hope it's a Celebrity version like they do in the UK!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-11-07, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
Oh YEEE-AAHHH!

I came on here to post that, and you beat me to the punch. As much as I don't want the Writer's Strike to continue, I would love another season of BB. I wonder if letters to CBS will help to make this a reality!

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-07, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "CBS Logic."
1. The writers have gone on strike.
2. Therefore, we will punish the viewers.

They can't get the Chenbot reprogrammed with nine months of lead time. Three or four? Is gonna be really, really ugly.

nikkiT69 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-07, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nikkiT69 Click to send private message to nikkiT69 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
BIG BROTHER 9 SPOILERS, here is where i found all the information about the early edition of Big Brother there are all the casting call locations, as well as what Robyn Kass of Kassting Inc. are looking for "the do's and don'ts of applying" take a look...

http://www.bb9spoilers.com/

I cant wait!! And thank god their not doing a celebrity edition, but that they will also be airing the summer staple edition as well...YAY!

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-07, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
ARRRGH!

It's too soon.
I need a least 9 months to recover and forget , before getting excited about it again.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
Normally I would soooo agree with you. However, since this writers strike has taken away my shows for the winter, I am very happy! Bring on the hampsters!!!

12-03-07, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
I heard that Joey Buttafucco showed up at one of the casting calls for this season. I am trying to imagine him in the BB house.

Sidecar 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

12-03-07, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sidecar Click to send private message to Sidecar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
ITS ON THE SCHEDULE!

Tuesday, Feb. 12

9:00-10:00 PM BIG BROTHER 9 (Premiere)
)

Wednesday, Feb. 13
8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER 9 (Wednesday Premiere)

Sunday, Feb. 17
8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER 9 (Sunday Premiere)

12-04-07, 01:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
I wonder what they will do to the backyard to make it more inviting on those cold nights? Everyone will still use the hot tub. But there won't be the suntanning the cameramen love. I suppose they could put a nice big firepit in the yard to encourage the hampsters to hang out in the yard more.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-07, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
Does it actually get cold in soCal?

::shrug::

Hence why they'll never do it in the northeast.

Sigh.

It must feel good to be right all the time.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-07, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
Also because ninety percent of the contestants are from California and this lets them save on airfare.

Cheapest reality show in the known universe.

12-05-07, 02:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
Actually if they got contestants from the colder states they would probably think it was warm outside in February. But it seems that they like to cast LA contestants and they complain it is too cold in the evenings in the summer. They would be downright freezing in February.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
Weather in LA is generally pretty mild. It's when we get the most rain, though.

I wonder what tacky fashions they'll dress the robot in?

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-07, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
I'm surprised we aren't talking about this more than we are. BB is only 6 weeks away!!!

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-31-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
It's going to feel a little odd to be watching this show in the winter. It gets me through the hot/humid weather of the summer to obsess on this show, but in winter? Hopefully it will be just as obessive-worthy!

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-08, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-08 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

I know the new season starts in Feb, and am excited to see it.

Wonder if the format will be any different, or the same as usual?

Anyone know when the new season will be over? Usually it begins the first week or two of July and runs until the end of summer (maybe until the first week of Sept?)

So, does that mean the new season will run until the beginning of April or so?

Oh, and one last question...since I'm throwing them out there...anyone know when the new contestants will be announced?

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-08, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-08 AT 03:47 PM (EST)

Looks like there is no definite answer yet, as to if this season will be the regular amount of episodes or not. But I did manage to find out...(highlights from a recent article):

-That the winter season will have a different airing schedule than normally, (I'm sure due to running at the same time as Survivor). Instead of having the show on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights, it will be on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday nights, with the live evictions airing on Wednesdays.

-We’ll have Chenbot just like every other season.

-As for a theme, it seems it could be the most interesting yet. For a show that has brought us themes of exes sharing space together, secret partners, twins playing as one, and rivals facing off against each other, this season we have commercials playing the All American Rejects song Dirty Little Secrets, and online promos promising that BB9 will be airing dirty laundry starting February 12. Who knows what the secrets will be and how many players will have them, but that promises to be very interesting.

-Allison Grodner has promised that one of the secrets won’t be having an America’s Player, as everyone will be expecting it this time, so it wouldn’t work out as well as it did last season with Eric.

To read the entire article go to:
http://www.sofachip.com/2008/01/13/big-brother-9-what-dirty-little-secrets/

jd8855 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-15-08, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jd8855 Click to send private message to jd8855 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Winter Big Brother season..."
I wonder what the dirty little secrets will be? that definitely sounds interesting. I am glad there is no America's player I didn't like that, people should have the opportunity to play the game as they want, and not have to do what America says as it may get you booted adn that isn't right it's not giving everyone the same chance.

I am hoping they show it everynight as nothing else will be on except survivor and I am getting sick of that show all together. I think them bringing a winter season of BB is the best idea ever.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •