The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-29-07, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
If Siyavus, who's nominated for eviction this week, is booted from the house, she won't have to answer to the media about her comments. That's because the reporters granted access to houseguests-turned-jury members have been told by CBS they must agree not to ask (Amber) Siyavus or (Jameka) Cameron about the controversial remarks.

Check out the entire article here: http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070829/D8RATN2O2.html

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... Estee 08-29-07 1
   RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... frisky 08-30-07 2
       RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... newsomewayne 08-30-07 6
 RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... kingfish 08-30-07 3
   RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... J Slice 08-30-07 4
       RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... kingfish 08-30-07 5
           RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... Glass 08-30-07 7
 RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... blondie07 08-30-07 8
   RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... pearlgirl 09-01-07 18
 RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... MakeItStop 08-31-07 9
   RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... Snidget 08-31-07 10
       RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... AZ_Leo 08-31-07 12
           RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... AyaK 08-31-07 13
               RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... AZ_Leo 09-01-07 19
           RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... maryellennaco 08-31-07 16
   RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... Estee 08-31-07 11
 Noteworthy quote. Estee 08-31-07 14
   Good pickup AyaK 08-31-07 15
 RE: Reporters can't question Amber ... maryellennaco 08-31-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-29-07, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
I don't see why. Given that she's convinced of her absolute rightness in that department, it might be the only question that doesn't make her cry.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
If she doesn't cry, it's because she doesn't know what "anti-semetic" means.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
Oh, c'mon. Everybody, even Amber, knows that anti-semetic means you're don't like half-circles.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
That's a kick in the Tuches.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
That's tucchis, bubbaleh.

You should really read my crappy blog

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-07 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

I thought it looked wrongish.

Out of thread post-

Ban all Shlemiels from trying to speak yiddish.

BTW, if there's anything Amber ought to get drilled on, it's stuff like that.

David Letterman would have brought it up, I think.

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-30-07, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glass Click to send private message to Glass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
Hey, who are you calling a she-meal??

blondie07 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-30-07, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blondie07 Click to send private message to blondie07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
Amber deserves a chance to defend the views she beleives so strongly in no matter how ignorant. If doing so happens to influence the voting process well, I couldn't wish this on a more deserving hypocrite.

I am more surprised (it appears) her Christian sister Jameka didn't remind her Jesus was a Jew

pearlgirl 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-01-07, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pearlgirl Click to send private message to pearlgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
>Amber deserves a chance to defend
>the views she beleives so
>strongly in no matter how
>ignorant. If doing so
>happens to influence the voting
>process well, I couldn't wish
>this on a more deserving
>hypocrite.
>
>I am more surprised (it appears)
>her Christian sister Jameka didn't
>remind her Jesus was a
>Jew

Perhaps Jameka doesn't know that Jesus was a Jew. I'm always amazed at how much some so-called Christians don't know about the history of their own religion.

Someone on one of the other boards asked how the UK version differed from the US version, and how the game would change if the US version was more like the UK version. Here's a classic example...CBS thinks offensive, racist, bullying behavior makes for good television. In the UK people are thrown off the show for making the kind of remarks that Amber made, and for the kind of violent and bullying behavior that is ED's trademark.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-07, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
dingo at hamsterwatch.com is reporting this about Housecalls:

Gretchen began the show by reading a statement from CBS saying that none of the jurors from here on out would be "available to the press" until after the finale, and the statement also referenced "offensive statements or controversial behavior" by some of the hamsters.

Amber wasn't on the Early Show either, and there was no mention of her absence or of BB at all

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-07, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
No sequester house footage, now this?

Makes me wonder what is going on with the jury.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-31-07, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
Perhaps they are having trouble putting together any kind of comprehensible footage that doesn't show the men in white coats, the padded walls, or the straight jackets. It can also take awhile to get the dosage right for the meds to kick in properly.

As for the press blackout it probably has less to do with what the evicted hamsters will say than with what they will do if someone starts to question the delusional worlds in which they live. I believe reactions can be quite violent if someone pushes to hard and a faint trace of reality works its way into such deeply ingrained fantasy worlds as these hamsters inhabit.

A smokeysmom original

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-07, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
I think it's more likely that they want to stop Amber from blurting anything else out that's offensive.

I can picture her (in between tears) last night ranting about just what the BB message board poster said yesterday: that Eric's still around because of the "Jew producers." You can muzzle the house press, but you can't muzzle Amber without first telling her about the "outside world" controversy over her remarks.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-01-07, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
I wonder if the reason for no sequester clips is that Jen is not in the same location as the rest. It wouldn't surprise me if she had given the producers an ultimatum of either putting her up separately or she would walk out on them. The contract may have punishments for that but they would go into effect after she left and Jen doesn't appear to worry about consequences to her actions anyway (she probably figured she could get out of them somehow). They couldn't very well lock her up then let her out for the final activities.

A smokeysmom original

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-07, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
You forgot the nets!

08-31-07, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
Huh. If CBS feels it can't even keep its own house organs under control, things may be really bad -- both with the recently-evicted and in the jury house. Keeping Amber under control for a long-term interview session is one (major) problem (and it's possible that much of the media responded to the CBS no-bad-questions directive with a boycott), but to universally bar access to everyone? Sour grapes from the network, or so much happening that they can't risk any of it getting out?

Of course, it could easily be both.

But... Jen's attempts to escape the jury may not have stopped once she reached Sequesterville. She and Dustin have been stuck with each other for a week: that's not exactly going to be a happy domestic scene no matter how you spin it. Amber hasn't had time to add her brand of insanity to the mix, but give her a few days and we should officially move into a FEMA-level tempest in a very cracked teapot.

Things aren't so bad that they're shutting off the live feeds: offensive statements and controversial behavior in the cage itself are still being broadcast. But if they're this desperate to keep anyone from calling the hamsters on it...

08-31-07, 07:10 PM (EST)
14. "Noteworthy quote."
"We have made jury members of Big Brother available to the press the past two seasons, always with the proviso that their questions not inform the ejected House Guest of influences outside his or her personal experience in the house," CBS says in a statement. "This season, several cast members have made either offensive statements or exhibited controversial behavior. We respect journalists' interest and right to pose questions about these matters, but at the same time believe doing so could provide information that influences the final vote and potential outcome of the 12-week competition."

There's a lot to read between the lines here, including 'Gawd, did Endemol ever screw up the casting this time,' but one thing looks very clear: if there's a chance of having the interviews influence the outcome, then America gets to control any jury vote Eric might cast.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-07, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Good pickup"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-07 AT 08:48 PM (EST)

Yep, that's clearly the right inference -- America will control something regarding Eric at the jury stage (though his vote wouldn't matter much, since the people being interviewed have already been eliminated). Maybe, if Eric makes final 2, they'll ask which jury member should he insult. Thanks, Estee.

Of course, another inference might be that asking Amber questions about her anti-Jewish views might harden her against Eric, as she concluded that the Jews are out to get her....

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-07, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Reporters can't question Amber on anti-semitic remarks"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-07 AT 10:30 PM (EST)

I think it's a combo plate for SeeBS... first, as Estee so rightly points out, they may be terribly embarrassed that they cast SUCH a dumbazz as Waaaaaaaaamber.They may be scratching their heads and wondering," Is this chick REALLLY that stoooopid?" Answer: YES!

Second, Jen could be running around wherever the sequester house is in a frenzy, saying,' MIRROR!! MIRROR!! I NEED A MIRROR, NOW!"

Third, Dustin may have tried to commit Hari Kari when he realized he'd have to spend WEEKS with not HRH Jen but add insult to injury; WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBER.

I'd probably try to stay drunk the WHOLE TIME!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •