The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Entertainment Weekly interviews Allison Grodner (BB executive producer)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-23-07, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Entertainment Weekly interviews Allison Grodner (BB executive producer)"
Posting this in Spoilers because there's some discussion of live feed events that haven't made the CBS air yet. Make of it what you will.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20052968,00.html

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews... MakeItStop 08-23-07 1
 RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews... JoshInSGV 08-23-07 2
   RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews... Snidget 08-23-07 3
       RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews... JoshInSGV 08-23-07 4
           RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews... Snidget 08-23-07 5
 RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews... Dakota 08-23-07 6
 Reading between the lines. Estee 08-24-07 7
   RE: Reading between the lines. Norcalfella2 08-24-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-23-07, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews Allison Grodner (BB executive producer)"
I found it interesting that Allison says they no better than to influence the game when it seems pretty clear that they DO influence the game by what they ask in the DR. I also found it ironic that the article had a link to a YouTube video by LiveFeedblog that pointed me to other videos by LiveFeedBlog that show houseguests complaining about the DR trying to influence their votes. Check them out here: http://youtube.com/livefeedblog. There are 3 videos with "Big Brother Cheats" in the titles.

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-23-07, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews Allison Grodner (BB executive producer)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-07 AT 03:37 PM (EST)

Interesting interview. I think Grodner was asked very poignant questions about the game. It's too bad she didn't respond in an honest manner. Do they influence the events in the house? Absolutelly! We've all seen the videos on YouTube where houseguests make reference of the Diary Room pressuring them to vote a certain way. There's even a video of the Diary Room telling Kail exactly what to say on camera. How is that not influencing the game? Oh...that's right. It's not influencing, it's called "coaching". ::rolls eyes::

I also found it interesting that Grodner mentioned that they have strict rules about damaging someone else's property. Didn't The Friendship damage Janelle's clothes while she was out of the house at the taping of a tv show? Why weren't the rules enforced when that took place? It seems to me like they pick and choose when to enforce their own rules. I remember reading on Hamsterwatch last year that people were always cheating and eating real food when they were supposed to be on slop. Yet, no one was given a penaly nomination/vote. This year, they decided to make an example out of Jen for breaking the same rule. Whatever, BB! This show has officially jumped the shark with this season.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-07, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews Allison Grodner (BB executive producer)"
Well I think it is hard to know if the intent of the leading questions is really to force the hand of the hamsters or just to stir things up.

We don't hear the questions, just what the hamsters decide to complain about.

Were they eating full meals for days on end, or just a bite of something here or there and stopping when they were told to. It is a big difference between the two, IMO, YMMV.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-23-07, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews Allison Grodner (BB executive producer)"
I didn't see any of the cheating behavior last year. Dingo's Hamsterwatch is the one who reported the behavior. From what she reported, it sounded like people were actually eating food left and right while they were on slop. I can see someone like Will breaking the rules to be obnoxious with the producers.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-07, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews Allison Grodner (BB executive producer)"
I know there was discussion (I haven't watched the feeds either) that Chicken George used to taste most if not all of the food he was cooking for others on slop.

That is still different from sitting down to a meal, IMO which is what the feeds report Jen did this time, and continues to do.

Even with tastes Chicken George lost a lot of weight on the slop so there couldn't have been that many total calories in additional noshing.

I thought before it usually was the occasional nibble, not full out I'm not eating any slop and eating whatever food I want as often as I want rebellion as the feed reports seem to suggest is going on now.

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-07, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Entertainment Weekly interviews Allison Grodner (BB executive producer)"
I suppose I could have put this on Estee's "FCC" thread on Bashers, but does anyone monitor the voting by America for Eric? I have to wonder who makes sure that the producers don't tell Eric to do what they want, no matter what America votes.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-07, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Reading between the lines."
My guesses/interpretations.

...they know the constant use of the veto for backdoor nominations is a problem, but they have no intention of solving it this season and possibly ever, because they don't care about gameplay anyway...

...they really thought Eric would have been voted out by now: his remaining in the house is a surprise, and not necessarily a happy one...

...they pretty much just make up the rulebook as they go along, as long as they can get away with it -- and how much of a protest can the hamsters really raise...

...casting Jen was a mistake, but it's a mistake they're more than willing to repeat if it produces more fake drama...

...what happens in the Diary Room is none of your business, especially when nothing might have happened at all...

...the show will admit to mistakes a little less often than the Chenbot does...

...they are trying to manipulate the votes, but they can't exactly admit to it, and they can't stop the hamsters from talking about it on their way out of the DR...

...the banners are driving them nuts...

...should Eric reach the Final Two, he's screwed.

Norcalfella2 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-24-07, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Norcalfella2 Click to send private message to Norcalfella2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Reading between the lines."
"...they know the constant use of the veto for backdoor nominations is a problem, but they have no intention of solving it this season and possibly ever, because they don't care about gameplay anyway..."

--- Why not simply nominate 3 instead of 2, then let the veto winner pull one off the block before the voting?

On another note, doesn't anyone remember it was MARVIN, not Nakomis who originally suggested the finger plan to work the POV & backdoor people? All she did was broadcast it to the HG.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •