The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

Sidecar 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

07-16-07, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sidecar Click to send private message to Sidecar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
So we get to decide who's bed Eric should pretend to sleep walk into?
Is that something that affects the game?
Gee CBS!
Well at any rate, this morning, Eric attempted to crawl into bed with Joe.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... AugustGirl 07-16-07 1
   RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... JoshInSGV 07-16-07 2
 RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... MandyM 07-16-07 3
   RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... frisky 07-17-07 4
       RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... countrygirl_29 07-17-07 5
       RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... AugustGirl 07-17-07 6
           RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... JoshInSGV 07-17-07 7
               RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... frisky 07-17-07 10
 RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... boaster 07-17-07 8
   RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... countrygirl_29 07-17-07 9
       RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... Q 07-17-07 11
           RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... Wacko Jacko 07-17-07 12
           RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... vince3 07-17-07 13
               RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... Buggy 07-18-07 14
                   RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... The Cake 07-18-07 15
                       RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking... countrygirl_29 07-19-07 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-16-07, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
Pretty lame challenge, if you ask me. But I think the entire America's choice twist is pretty lame. Not to mention the player, Eric. *yawn*

But no one asked me.

Fembots by Tribe: L.O.J. -- One for all, all for Janelle!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-16-07, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
I've said this before, but this whole "America's Player" twist would have worked really well with someone like Janelle, because she had charisma and the fans were invested in her. But when it comes to Eric, no one cares because he's dull. He's so uniteresting that I don't even care to want him evicted because there are more obnoxious personalities that I want to see off the show (Amber, I'm looking at you!).

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-16-07, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
Awww, I guess I am the dissenter. I think Eric has been a great sport. He went into this game with a strategy and CBS totally messed with it by assigning HIM to be AP. I would be soooo mad if I finally made it in and then had this crapola dumped on me! He doesn't want to be AP anymore than you wanted him to be so!

So I am cutting poor Eric a break...he is trying to be enthusiastic, he has not once yet said "I will NOT do that, screw you America"...he has gone with the lame twist and has tried to make lemonade out of lemons, in my opinion. Jessica wasn't even on his radar, but he made his pitch for her rather vague and Jen totally thought about it for a minute or three...gotta give him credit for that!

And do ya think he wanted to crawl in bed with Joe??? EEEEK!

Like I said, I think he is being a pretty good sport and also I like having a vote even if it's stupid stuff we get him to do.

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
Yeah, I'm with you, Mandy. The AP "twist" is dumb, and you can tell Eric is uncomfortable with it. I don't blame him. He is like the quintessential fan that finally got picked (NOT recruited) via the REAL application process, and they do this to him. It would have been more fair if they'd done it with one of their plants.

He tried to crawl into bed with Joe but it didn't work out -- there was no room in the bed -- so he got up and went to the DR. He probably begged them to have mercy and put this ridiculous "twist" to bed.

I also don't know what the voting public is thinking. Jessica?? It's all reactive. They hate her because of her shallowness and her voice. "America" as a player has to be in preservation mode: what outcome will be best for Eric? What a bunch of doorknobs (not America in general, just the idiots that voted for Jessica).

Rolly made this.

countrygirl_29 134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-17-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail countrygirl_29 Click to send private message to countrygirl_29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
Yeah, I have to agree with Mandy. Eric is being a good sport about this and we need to give him some credit for trying. He has been studying this game for years and when he finally gets his shot at being on the show, he gets completely sideswiped by the producers. Nevertheless, he sucks it up and rolls with the punches. He can't help it that CBS is comming up with some lame tasks for him to complete. I'm sure he would prefer some more exciting things to try and pull off.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
What a bunch of doorknobs (not America in general, just the idiots that voted for Jessica).

I think she got the majority of the votes because she was pretty mean about her comments reagarding her "enemy" Carol. Remember during Carol's 'meet and greet' with Julie last week Carol was pretty generous to Jessica in her comments. Then they showed Jessica being catty and pretty cruel in her comments about Carol. Carol was really shocked. In that the voting closed at midnight that night, I think Jessica's comments and actions were the freshest in the voters minds.

Also, I can't imagine too many people voting. I didn't bother turning my computer on that night just to vote for something that probably wasn't going to impact the game. It wasn't worth it to me. I'd love to see the numbers on how many votes were actually cast.

And as regards to Eric? Eh, he's still pretty lame. Haven't warmed up to him at all. Is he being a good sport? Maybe, but it could be that he was told you will be AP or you don't go in. It's obvious he would say yes.

My real test for Eric is if he gets HOH and WE get to decide who he puts up for eviction. That would rock. I would vote until my fingers bled or my computer crashed if that happened.

And wow...I totally didn't mean to go on and on and on about America's Player. And yet I did.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-17-07, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
Augie,
I agree with you completelly. My dislike for Jessica has nothing to do with her annoying voice (that's just the cherry on top). It has more to do with her nasty comments about Carol, when it was already clear that the girl was a goner. Her cattiness towards Carol seemed childish, petty, and unwarranted. I didn't vote to have Eric try to get her nominated. But, I do understand why a majority of the viewers took the time to vote against her.

I do think Eric is being a good sport with this AP twist. But, it doesn't change the fact that Eric is still a lame duck. You can't have a houseguest be America's Player when the audience is not fully invested in him. But that's the producers fault, not Eric's.

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-07 AT 03:26 PM (EST)

Okay, Josh and Augie, thanks for the explanation and I take back my idiot accusations.

I agree that although Eric is stuck in a crappy situation, he has absolutely no charisma at all. They need a more charismatic person to "play America." This guy is trying, but it comes across as forced and somewhat patronizing, like he's all "okay, America, what stupid thing are you going to make me do now." This twist is so dull that it would take a special kind of person to pull it off, and Eric is not that person. You'd need someone who is going to be really funny to watch, like Chicken George. Well, not Chicken George, but like Chicken George.

Rolly made this.

boaster 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-17-07, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boaster Click to send private message to boaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
Actually, I think Eric is lucky to be America's Player. The players basically have a 1 in 15 chance of winning $500K, but Eric gets $10K for each AP challenge he completes, so he'll be walking out of the house with at least $100K, whether he wins or loses, plus the chance to win evey more.

07-17-07, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail countrygirl_29 Click to send private message to countrygirl_29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
I thought he only got $10,000 for every 5 tasks that he completes..........Anybody know for sure which way it is? It's still good money, no matter what.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-17-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
You are correct. He gets $10,000 for every five tasks he completes. And he can be voted out at any time, so as of now, he has earned no money.

He told a story to Kail (1), Joes Bed thing (2) and Pushed for Jessica (3). So he has no money so far. Tonight will be another task and then again on Thursday. So if he makes them both he has banked his first $10,000. If he wins HOH next week, that will carry him through almost another $10,000.

But I expect the tasks to get worse. Like kissing people, etc. I know America will vote to make him kiss a guy or something. Shocking! simply Shocking!

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-17-07, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
Come on no charisma at all????

Seriously who on this cast has more charisma then Eric?

I like the guy. He is alright for me.

As for picking Jessica....thanks for calling me a doorknob. We all vote for different reasons. My reason was to get the people I dislike the most out. I can not stand her so if I can influence her exit that would be great. You know that ** will say when her time comes....at least I lasted longer than Carol.

As for feeling sorry for Eric. Don't. If there is another All-Stars he is guarenteed to be on the cast. he could be America's Player or he could be some forgotten also run years from now.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-07 AT 07:19 PM (EST)

I think Eric's only been successful on 2 Tasks

1. Story to Kail

2. Vote for Carol

Unsuccessful:

3. Jessica for nomination - twice

4. Sleepwalk into Joe's bed, apparently......

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-07, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
4. Sleepwalk into Joe's bed, apparently......

He got ripped off on that one. What was he supposed to do to win that anyway?
Is it Eric's fault that the HG's stayed up all night? Was it his fault that there was already someone sleeping in the bed with Joe and the only place for him to try to lie down was at Joe's feet? He went in there, he tried to lay on Joe, Joe even asked Eric if he ever did things in his sleep , like walk around maybe? Like sleepwalk?
Heck, I thought he completed that task just fine.

Cheap-##### CBS!

The Cake 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-18-07, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Cake Click to send private message to The%20Cake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
He had to stay there in until Joe kicked him off. Or asked what the heck he was doing. Joe certaintly thought Eric was sleeping, maybe he dind't know what to do. My uncle has a sleepwalking problem & he used to get slightly violent when my aunt tried to wake him up. Now she doesn't even bother trying. She's woken up finding him in almost every room of the house. lol!

07-19-07, 02:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: America's Player - Sleepwalking Challange"
Yeah, I don't really think that Joe would have kicked him out of his bed anyway. You shouldn't ever wake someone up who's been sleepwalking and Joe probably would have just laughed at him and let him be. CBS should have let that count as a completion for Eric. Anyways, he didn't seem very disturbed to me about someone rubbing on his legs while he slept. Go figure.

My dad used to sleepwalk really bad and my mom said that she never messed with him until one night when my brother was a baby my dad got out of the bed started running around the house chanting like an Indian and then dove head first out of their bed room window.....LMAO.....My mom loves to tell that story.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •