The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wireless router help desperately needed!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-13, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wireless router help desperately needed!"
Oh wah what have I done? I upgraded the wireless router firmware- something I should NEVER have done, especially since the support on the router ran out well over a year ago, and the live chat help is also gone for the night. Because now I can't connect by wifi anymore There are a series of numbers to indicate the connection and only the number 1 is lit up-it goes up to 4 and they all used to light up. It is a Netgear WNR2000v.3. According to the router page I have internet (I do) and I have wifi (I don't). My wifi network name shows up but there's an alert that says no internet connection on the device I am trying to connect. Is there anything I can do? Should I hit the reset button in the back of the router? I've been working on this for hours, I'm at the end of my rope! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wireless router help desperatel... tribephyl 02-13-13 1
 RE: Wireless router help desperatel... dabo 02-13-13 2
 Thank you so much! moonbaby 02-14-13 3
 AOK moonbaby 02-14-13 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-13, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wireless router help desperately needed!"
I wish I knew the exact step by step to help out but for now I'd suggest going to Netgear WNR2000v3
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-13, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wireless router help desperately needed!"
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?p=391549

As already mentioned, if you have a WNR2000v3 and it was recently upgraded to the new NETGEAR Genie (TM) GUI firmware, you MUST reset back to factory defaults. This can be done via the button on the back by holding it down with a toothpick (or similar) until the lights on the front cycle and the Power LED Starts blinking. This will take 10-20 seconds or so. If you just push the reset button for a few seconds, you are only REBOOTING the router, and NOT resetting it. Another way to reset to factory defaults is to login to the GUI at 192.168.1.1 and do it from there. (Advanced Tab, then "Backup Settings" page, then at the bottom of that page you'll see "Revert to factory default settings" and a big "Erase" button. Hit that button to reset.
well, read it for yourself. good luck.

02-14-13, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Thank you so much!"
I spent hours on that website but never found anything that said to reset the router OR go back to the previous firmware. I'm going to roll back to the old one and see if it works again then leave it the hell ALONE if that doesn't work I'll reset. You guys are great, I appreciate the extra eyes looking this over for me!

02-14-13, 08:03 PM (EST)
4. "AOK"
Thanks again- I rolled back the firmware, wifi works again and I'm leaving it alone. Some day I'll be more tech savvy but that day is not today

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •