The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Under attack"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-07-11, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Under attack"
Someone or something keeps trying to attack my computer, and it only seems to happen with this site today... Every time I change pages the attack alert pops up...
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Additional info vince3 02-07-11 1
 RE: Under attack qwertypie 02-08-11 2
 Reported IceCat 02-08-11 3
   RE: Reported Max Headroom 02-08-11 4
 Any progress? mrc 02-08-11 5
 Is it getting worse or better? vince3 02-08-11 6
 RE: Under attack rjrabbit 02-08-11 7
 Firefox Fix... ARnutz 02-08-11 8
 RE: Under attack cahaya 02-09-11 9
   Yeah IceCat 02-09-11 10
       Sorry moonbaby 02-09-11 12
           Don't be sorry! IceCat 02-09-11 13
 RE: Under attack Brownroach 02-09-11 11
   RE: Under attack kingfish 02-09-11 14
 RE: Under attack foonermints 02-09-11 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-07-11, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Additional info"
IP Addy: 195.80.151.93, 80

URL: asm1.co.cc/imgurlf.php?hl=c85842e78f859bc

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-11, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Under attack"
Me too, JBug and a bunch of others.

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-11, 04:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Reported"
The details of the problem were reported last night.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-11, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Reported"
Please post an update when you have one. Lots of us are experiencing this issue.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-11, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Any progress?"
I'm still having problems.

02-08-11, 06:08 PM (EST)
6. "Is it getting worse or better?"
Might be worse... I had to disable Firefox's blocker to be able to post a message, let alone stop the 'red screen of warning/death' from appearing with each click as well as Norton's attack warnings... *head throbs*

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-08-11, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Under attack"
I having problems too! It's so frustrating. Hopefully someone can get this fixed soon.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-11, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Firefox Fix..."
I had the same issue and this is what I did:

"Tools" menu.
"options"
"security" tab
uncheck "block reported attack sites" box

I may not leave it at that setting, but it fixed the problem for now.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-11, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Under attack"
Yeah, I wondered what was going on.

After finding out the problem site was on the ad server hacked with the amd1.co.cc address, I found out that it has happened to other sites with ad servers too. It turns out the ad server uses OpenX and there was a security hole in a new release, and a hack was found within 2 weeks of that release. A lot of perfectly safe sites (including ours here) got whammed by this.

I'm glad we're back in business!

02-09-11, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Yeah"

That also explains why Microsoft was so fast at getting us off their SmartScreen filter list. I was thinking to myself last night when I filled their little 'this website is SAFE' form that we'd have to wait a decade or two before some Micro-Minion got around to editing the list.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-11, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Sorry"
I emailed you last night thinking this was a bad new thing and it turns out you already knew about it-I didn't check the Help Forum because of the dreaded red screen.

Thanks, Cat!

02-09-11, 03:08 PM (EST)
13. "Don't be sorry!"
It was your email that made me think to fill in the SmartScreen Filter request form.

That red-screen is a bit over-dramatic IMHO... It just means that the site you're visiting is on a list at Microsoft Headquarters.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-11, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Under attack"
I was getting this problem yesterday too, but only on OT, not Spoilers. Glad to find out it wasn't my (new) computer at work, and that it's fixed now.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-11, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Under attack"
Russell did it!

Obvious philosophy:

If you can't sue, or if you're about to get sued, hit them with a computer virus.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-11, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Under attack"
I got the MS message that someone was trying to open my files. HAH! I don't have beans on this machine, but it did screw up my passwords and for a while the dial-up was running at 34kbs.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •