The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"flag waving"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-10, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"flag waving"
I can't turn it off.

I read the new messages, but the flag still waves. It used to go away after I had read whatever message turned it on.

Any suggestions as to how to get it work right?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Did you skip any messages? IceCat 01-23-10 1
 RE: flag waving Snidget 01-23-10 2
 RE: flag waving grit 01-23-10 3
   RE: flag waving kingfish 01-23-10 4
       RE: flag waving Snidget 01-23-10 5
           RE: flag waving kingfish 01-24-10 6
 RE: flag waving jbug 01-24-10 7
   RE: flag waving Snidget 01-24-10 8
       RE: flag waving jbug 01-24-10 9
 RE: flag waving jbug 02-04-10 10
 HEY! Maroonclown 03-15-10 11
   RE: HEY! jbug 03-15-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-10, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Did you skip any messages?"
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-10, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: flag waving"
The cookie on the computer you are on usually seems to be where the on/off lives.

If you sign on to a different computer you get the red wavy because that computer doesn't know what you did with other computers behind it's back.

You might try clearing out the cookies (either all of them or get in and find the RTVW specific ones). You will probably have to log in again and will get the red wavy. After going into the inbox and back out it should then go away.

Sometimes you get a corrupted cookie, (come to the dark side we have cookies) and that can mess things up until you get a new one.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-23-10, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: flag waving"
After you read your messages, do you hit your Back button to go back to the Lobby or do you click the Lobby button up there? If you click back the flag keeps waving.

Also, like Snidget said, if you're using different computers or clearing your cookies, the flag will show up again.

One more thing, if you browse using the InPrivate feature, the flag will always wave.

Runs off to make kingfish's flag wave...

01-23-10, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: flag waving"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-10 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

I do all of those things. I just thought multiple negatives would result in one positive, or that the flag waving machine would just break down, or something.

Ok, I cleared the cookies off the home annoyance (computer) and it killed the flag. Thanks Snidge. I also re-checked the last month's worth of messages (back before this began) so if that did the trick, thanks Icey.

Except that it started again, in semaphore it's saying "Grit did it, Grit did it".

01-23-10, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: flag waving"
*resists urge to start secret message sending campaign to kingfish so he never knows if it stayed fixed or not*

01-24-10, 08:00 AM (EST)
6. "RE: flag waving"
Your thoughts are like an open book thread.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-10, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: flag waving"
Hey Guppie, have you corrupted me too?
I'm having the same problem with my new laptop!
At work, the red wavey goes away;
but here it just keeps waving and waving and wa

Cookies you say? Are they chocolate chip? do they have nuts?

01-24-10, 04:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: flag waving"
I'd check your cookie settings, if the browser as installed doesn't keep the cookies you'll get the red wavy every single time (can you stay logged in at home?, if you have to log in every time that would indicate you don't keep the cookies when you close the browser)

01-24-10, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: flag waving"
Thanks Snidge. There's so much for me to figure out with this new laptop. It also came with Windows 7 so I'm getting used to finding everything. Have been using XP, so....

02-04-10, 09:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: flag waving"
I'm still watching my flag wave here on my new laptop. I've deleted cookies and everything
oh well

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-10, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "HEY!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-10 AT 08:17 PM (EST)

Would this be a good excuse to start a red flaggy wavy thingy thread.

Send some flags to some folks.

It's like getting a handwritten letter. It feels good and makes you feel loved.

Calling OffTopic, send 3 peeps a red flaggy wavy thingy. Even if to just say HI!

ETA - Oh fer gawd's sake, thought I was in OT. One too many glasses of wine. Moving on.

Thanks Cap'n

03-15-10, 09:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: HEY!"
It will be funny to see how many peeps comply with your wishes

BTW, my red wavy will not turn off on my laptop.
So I have to go look e.v.e.r.y day (I feel like I'm caught by that old "made you look" joke every day).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •