The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Page not opening"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-08, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Page not opening"
Has anyone else had problems with the forums not opening on a pretty regular basis lately?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Page not opening mysticwolf 09-05-08 1
   RE: Page not opening syren 09-06-08 3
 I have jbug 09-05-08 2
 RE: Page not opening Snidget 09-06-08 4
 RE: Page not opening brvnkrz 09-06-08 5
   RE: Page not opening mysticwolf 09-07-08 6
 RE: Page not opening agman 09-07-08 7
 RE: Page not opening syren 09-08-08 8
   RE: Page not opening agman 09-08-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-08, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Page not opening"
Not I. Sometimes the board has been maddeningly slow, but opening it hasn't been a problem.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-06-08, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Page not opening"
It is just OT and other forums. The main page will open fine. I thought it was my Internet, but it isn't. I have cleaned everything out of my 'puter, and still sometimes I go to open OT and I get a page cannot be displayed. I refresh and it's back.

No idea why this is happening, but it is driving me friggin' nuts.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I have"
At first I thought it was my computer here at home - maybe I needed to clean out the cookies and stuff.
Pages sometimes open r e a l slow.

But I've also exp a few slow openings at work too.
Not just on RTVW tho. Other internet pages as well.
Weird huh?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-08, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Page not opening"
I'll get an occasional slow down, or can't open, but it doesn't seem to be happening that regularly.

Even when the board is funny the front page always opens. I dunno if the board does some routine backup/maintenance things. That can slow any board down for a fairly short period of time. But that shouldn't be most of the time when you check the board (unless you usually check the board at about the same time every day)

Manga by Slicey!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-08, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Page not opening"
It's been slow but I haven't had it not open. But it's been real slow. I figured some of the storms in TX have contributed to that. Isn't the server in TX? I forget.

An Arkie original.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-08, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Page not opening"
Yes. The servers are in TX, and the forum servers are different servers than the one that hosts the main page, which is why one may work when the others don't. As, when h1 had the fires that affected the forum servers but not the main page.

So far I have not seen any mention in the news or on the h1 site of anything untoward that should affect the forums. Doesn't mean there hasn't been something, but with the fires they were pretty good about keeping folks updated with the issues and recovery efforts.

I've been manga'd by Slice

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-08, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Page not opening"
Mine does open slowly at times, but it still opens. I know it can be frustrating though especially when you think it's your computer. I wish I could help ya on this.

agatar by slicey

09-08-08, 07:14 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Page not opening"
Strangely enough, it stopped shortly after I posted. Not exactly sure what was going on, but it seemed every other time I opened OT it would do the page cannot be displayed and once I refreshed it was fine. No idea, but thanks everyone for helping.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Page not opening"
*cues Twilight Zone music*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •