The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

gregdotca 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-13-08, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gregdotca Click to send private message to gregdotca Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
First, I was wondering if a moderator could please explain why my "gregchet" username has been disabled? And why this below post says I was up to no good?

This is simply not true.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=44&forum=DCForumID55&omm=30

Then, I tried to signup for a new account, and it kept telling me that my email address was invalid, even though I tried two different domains that I own myself and they're definitely valid. I then tried my GMAIL account, and again it says it's an invalid email address.

Can someone please tell me what's going on here? And why?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... gregdotca 01-13-08 1
   RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... dabo 01-14-08 2
       RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... gregdotca 01-14-08 3
           RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... syren 01-14-08 4
               RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... dabo 01-14-08 5
 RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... mysticwolf 01-14-08 6
 RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... agman 01-15-08 7
   RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... dabo 01-15-08 8
       RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... Snidget 01-15-08 9
           RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... vince3 01-16-08 10
               RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... agman 01-16-08 11
                   Cut it out, folks Bebo 01-16-08 12
 RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?... gregdotca 01-18-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-13-08, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gregdotca Click to send private message to gregdotca Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
Ok, after reading through your guidelines the fact that my GMAIL account wouldn't work makes sense, but it still doesn't explain why my own personal domain email addresses didn't.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-14-08, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
I'm just guessing, but I would expect that while the moderators may be willing to answer why your ID was banned, divulging site programming secrets that are obviously working inasmuch as you cannot figure it out is something else entirely.

01-14-08, 03:19 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
"divulging site programming secrets that are obviously working inasmuch as you cannot figure it out is something else entirely"

Ummm, yeah, whatever that's supposed to mean.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-08, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
It means, you are banned. And the system secrets, kinda the secret sauce, are doing what they are supposed to do.

01-14-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
LOL!

What it basically means is there are no secrets from Webby on the internet. Webby knows all the tricks. Don't mess with Webby.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-08, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
You were banned for violating our guidelines and, the mere fact that you're posting this query means that you should expect this account to be terminated as well.

Once banned we don't allow someone to come back under a new name and I have alerted your post.

If you had a question about a Moderator's actions you needed to take it up in private with that moderator - in this case, AyaK - not bring it back up in a public forum. That part is all in the guidelines you just now read, as well.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-08, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
It's hard to come to any kind of conclusion based on your link, because it appears that the post(or posts) you made which caused problems have been deleted.

01-15-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
pssssst.... two words....

multiple account

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-08, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
Even if it was a separate life-form posting, and not the same person with several accounts...

I mean when your post is deleted and the response is you sound just like all these other people that got banned I would think one would logically assume one is also banned when one's log in doesn't work.

Especially if they go far enough to make sure you can't re-register with accounts that look like the one that doesn't work anymore.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-08, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
and then there's the whole "this happened over 4 years ago" thing.........

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
Touche'

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-08, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Cut it out, folks"
The Help Forum is for questions about how we do things, not for poking fun at folks. The question was asked and answered - there's no need to keep piling on. Head over to OT for stuff like that.

01-18-08, 02:09 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Multiple account problems (wtf?)"
Thanks for the helpful response mysticwolf! As you suggested I'll contact the moderator that banned me, but I'd also like to air my gripe here.

The short of it is, I signed up for an account a few years ago to talk about Joe Schmo, and there's really no reason why I should have been banned. None. And it's pretty frustrating when I try to come back and find out why, and have a ton of people ragging on me and saying stupid crap, especially in a HELP forum. Not sure why this surprises me though, as it seems to be the way that 99% of all online forums are run.

I admit, I didn't read all the guidelines, I just read the part about why certain email addresses aren't allowed. Why didn't I read the whole thing? Because I've never once in my life done anything on a forum that should get me banned, which is one of the reasons I'm confused about this. If everyone read every set of guidelines, AUPs, privacy policies, etc. on every site they visited, they'd waste 1/2 their life. I have my own guideline, which is "don't do idiotic sh*t or be a complete d*ck to other users", and it's served me well for 30 years. This is literally the first forum I've ever been banned from, and on some level I find it amusing because I was here simply to talk about a crappy reality show.

"What it basically means is there are no secrets from Webby on the internet. Webby knows all the tricks. Don't mess with Webby."

Umm, that's why I'm here, to find out what I supposedly did to get banned. Last time I checked having ONE account on a site and talking about a stupid reality show wasn't a reason for everyone to turn on you. Now I understand why you have over 16,000 posts, because you obviously just waste everyone's time with dumb posts like this. Not too helpful for a help forum.

"It's hard to come to any kind of conclusion based on your link, because it appears that the post(or posts) you made which caused problems have been deleted."

Another reason I asked for help on a help forum, because I can't go back and see what I supposedly did.

"multiple account"

I had one account before, it was banned, I have a new account to find out what happened. One active account. Get your facts straight.

"and then there's the whole "this happened over 4 years ago" thing........."

So I should've just gone to another site and not shown any loyalty towards this one I guess? Actually, come to think of it, I kinda wish I had done that.

I can't even remember why I came back to this site, but I thank some of you for reminding me why I stopped coming in the first place. Douchebags that try to boost their ego by talking ##### about people they know they're never going to see face to face (I'm not talking to all of you by the way, the douchebags know who they are).

This is what cracks me up about forums, everyone's first responses are always negative and they try to get in as many jabs as they can so they can feel good about themselves. Pretty sad if you ask me. You do know that I'm not that bully that beat you up in high school, right?

I also can't wait to see how much I get flamed for this post. Come on, let the immaturity shine through.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •