The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Locked With no explanation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

daylily 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-03-06, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail daylily Click to send private message to daylily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Locked With no explanation"
Just wondering - I started a new thread and it seems that it was quickly locked. When I've read other "locked" threads there’s usually some explanation. But not this one. Did I do something wrong? Am I just not seeing it?

Starting Over
Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum: Niambi 's man

Hmmmmm?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Locked With no explanation tribephyl 05-03-06 1
 RE: Locked With no explanation Snidget 05-03-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-06, 07:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Locked With no explanation"
Best to PM or e-mail a Moderator.

As opening new threads for dead topics is also a lockable offense.
Don't be suprised to see another lock here.

Also a longer linger on the guidelines couldn't hurt.

But, from the subject manner of your recently "locked" thread, it would seem that your topic was already being discussed here. Whether it's "Niambi's phonecall" from her SituationMan or "Niambi's man" they are the same subject.
Tis always best to add to the ongoing conversation rather than start your own.
That's most likely the real reason it was locked.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-06, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Locked With no explanation"
Here is the link to the FAQ on the Starting over boards which lists that question: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID57/4241.shtml

All the what you could have done to get the thread locked are listed either there or in the guidlines and there is a link to that at the top of every page it is blue and underlined and says "complete guidelines".

Here is the exact quote from the Starting Over FAQ:

FAQ 16: Why don't the moderators explain exactly why a particular thread is locked?

Each moderator handles things differently. Some explain, some don't. Besides, the moderators who volunteer on these forums already spend more time on the three SO forums than they do on the 70+ other forums on this site, so it's not reasonable to expect them to write a detailed explanation for every single lock. When there are literally dozens of alerts in our inboxes, we tend to lock first, explain later.

There's another big reason we don't always add explanations. If we reply, it bumps the message back up to the top of the forum, and that pushes the active discussions further down the page. That makes it harder for posters to find the existing active discussions, and just makes it more likely that a new duplicate thread will be started. It's a vicious cycle.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •