The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Marquee"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-15-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Marquee"
OK, so I know how to do marquees, BUT...I was wondering how I could make it so it was like one continuous thing? For example, I want to post this as a marquee for my game when S12 begins:

Only, I don't want it to look like this:

I don't want it to be like it is now, where the image goes once until it fully goes off the screen, and then it starts over again. Rather, I'd like it to end up looking like one continuous banner, where it immediately loops itself over again.

Is it possible to do this, or no? Please let me know. Thanks!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Marquee tribephyl 01-16-06 1
   RE: Marquee Das Mole 01-16-06 2
       RE: Marquee SherpaDave 01-17-06 3
           RE: Marquee Das Mole 01-17-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-16-06, 04:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Marquee"
Prepare yourself. This post may have the ability to cause seizures.

I'd like it to end up looking like one continuous banner, where it immediately loops itself over again.

I know what you mean Das. I don't think theres a way to close the gap. But you can add more images after the original to give it more length. (However, it will still "take a break" after the three images pass.)

Another trick is to marquee bounce.
Back and forth. (I tested this effect with two images side-by-side and it turned out to be the most-likely-to-be-seizure-offending trick.)

Perhaps you wanna go the other direction.

Or Down.

Slide and stop? (Oops, you probably already missed the slide part. Go ahead and refresh to see it again.)

Or the original with a background color.

Sorry I couldn't help you, DAS.
The only thing I think you could do would be to make a siggie thats 1000px long. And that is against the rules.
So, try one of the tricks above.

Or mix and match to taste.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-16-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Marquee"
Ugh, OK. I did actually make one that was twice as long, but obviously there was still a large gap. OK, well thanks anyway

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-17-06, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Marquee"
You might also consider asking one of the animated gif geniuses (i.e., IceCat) if he could make an animated gif that is one continuous scroll. Dunno how nasty the filesize would be, though.

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

01-17-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Marquee"
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-06 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

Well, even if I did that, I'd want to be able to edit the pictures to add little icons every week, so that wouldn't work. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •