The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"links and references to other MB sites"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

ddramcgee 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-03-06, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ddramcgee Click to send private message to ddramcgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"links and references to other MB sites"
Is it okay to ask for and pass on this info? I see it occasionally, but I wasn't sure if it was breaking the rules or not. I didn't see it in the guidelines, not sure if it falls under the copyright section tho.. ? ..
Just trying to play nice.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: links and references to other M... Snidget 03-03-06 1
   RE: links and references to other M... ddramcgee 03-03-06 3
 RE: links and references to other M... mysticwolf 03-03-06 2
   RE: links and references to other M... ddramcgee 03-03-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-06, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: links and references to other MB sites"
Not sure what the formal rules are, but this is what I do.

If the link to the other site advances the discussion of something I'll put the link in. Like if we were talking about X person on Y show. Let's say website Z has some info about that person...then I would post the link.

Just to go "hey look what I found" I wouldn't. Most people here know how to use search engines and if they want random websites about something they can find them just fine without me.

If the post would in any way look like I was promoting another website, I would not post it. It is not polite to spam.

Over on the Starting Over boards there were problems with people posting just to say come look at this website over and over. So on that section of the board there is a specific thread to put the information about other websites on.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-03-06, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ddramcgee Click to send private message to ddramcgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: links and references to other MB sites"
A specific section you say? Do you mean the spoilers forum or should I be looking for something else? My reason for asking this in the first place is trying to find out where people are getting their spoiler info from so I can go look at it myself. That way I don't have to needle thru the umpteen-zillion threads trying to find what I'm looking for.-Ya know? (A lot can sometimes get lost in translation too.)
Also, after lurking here a while it seems some people are plain 'ol making stuff up on purpose, or interjecting alot of opinion or speculation into their spoiler info.
Is it just me or are people overly protective of where they get the spoiler info from?

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-06, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: links and references to other MB sites"
I responded to your PM. For what you are specifically asking (at least what you asked in your PM), go to the SO General Discussion Forum. There's a thread specifically dedicated to links.

A Syren Spring

03-03-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
4. "RE: links and references to other MB sites"
Thanks, I'll go there. Don't put me in time out, I'm trying to play by the rules:-}

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •