The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Picture problems"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-16-03, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Picture problems"
I'm trying to put a picture in my post but it's not working. I clicked the upload your file, clicked on the browse, found the picture and got a reply that my file was uploaded successfully and it gave me an address, or url or whatever they are called. But I'm lost on the next step. How do I get the picture on my actual post, nothing is happening. I'm kinda a computer dunce (well not kinda, totally!) Could some one take me thru this step by step? Please (I just learned how to put that happy face there a couple weeks ago)
I read the other post on putting up pictures but I'm not getting it, what is the difference between HTML and JPEG and how can you tell which is which? I tried the old cut and paste but it didn't work either.
Sorry about this I'm so confused...I'm a 30 year old stupid person!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Picture problems sleeeve 09-16-03 1
   RE: Picture problems Joyful 09-16-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-16-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Picture problems"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-03 AT 03:26 PM (EST)

First of all, before you upload the image, you need to know what type of file it is. There are six types of files supported by this site that you can upload:

html -- a webpage
text -- a written document
gif and jpeg -- two different types of image files
zip and tar -- two different types of compressed files

In the case of uploading a picture, you will need to either save your picture as a gif or a jpeg. If you have a PC, simply check out the name of your picture. If it's something like MyPictureName.gif, then it's already saved as a gif file. If it's MyPictureName.jpg, then it's already saved as a jpg file. If you have a Mac, I do not know how to check the file type of an image, so you will need to follow these instructions:

If your image is not saved as a gif or jpg (or you do not know what type of file it is), then you will need to convert it. Open a grapics program, such as photoshop, microsoft paint, etc, and select "Save As" and then choose the correct image format from the drop-down menu.

Once you have a .gif or .jpg image, then you are ready to upload it. When you are uploading your image, it is imperative that you select the correct option (GIF picture or JPEG picture) or it will not work. After you have uploaded your image, you will get an address such as:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3e18e14b1fcbc147.gif

Simply copy this address into your message, and the picture will automatically appear.

Good luck!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-16-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Picture problems"
THANK-YOU Sleeeve!!! You are my new favorite person
I worked it all out with your great and easy to follow advice and my picture appeared!!
My problem was that I copied the picture into the only program I knew how to work, my word processor. (DUH!!) Anyway I figured out how to get it into gif format and it worked!!!
Thank you again for taking the time to help a computer dunce like myself
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •