The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Belle Book 2259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-10-11, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Here's the next chapter:

Phil (voice-over): Previously on The Amazing Race, seven teams left Egypt and flew all the way to Madrid, the capital of Spain! Teams had to play the Spanish Dance from the opera La Vida Breve, but because Megan & Cheyne were at the back of the pack and because there were only two pianos in the hall, they decided to use the Express Pass to bypass the line. (We see Megan & Cheyne hand over the Express Pass.) Some teams decided to face the bulls, while others chose to play fetch with sea lions. In the end, perennnial frontrunners Nat & Kat won their first leg while one taxi's breakdown and another taxi driver's ignorance put Tyler & James in last. Luckily it was a non-elimination leg; unluckily they'll have to complete a Speed Bump in the next leg. Seven teams remain, who will be eliminated next?

We see the usual montage, and then we hear Phil continue.

Phil: This is Madrid, the capital of Spain. Once the center of the Spanish Empire, it is now just as cosmopolitan a city as Berlin or London despite the medieval and royal landmarks. And in the heart of the city, El Retiro Park. This beautiful park was the sixth Pit Stop in a race around the world. Teams arrived here at the end of the last leg ofr a mandatory rest period. Nat & Kat won the last leg and spent some time looking for a good room to stay in when they would be staying at the Hotel Plantaan Delft.

Nat & Kat are seen looking at the lovely theme rooms. The most interesting ones for them are the Blue Spar one, much like the Delft china; the White Mulberry one, which is reminiscent of China; the Giant Kelp one, which is blue and is reminiscent of the ocean and finally the Mangrove one, which is tropical. They look the four rooms over and finally they decide on one.

Kat: I really like this one.

We see that Kat is interested in the White Mulberry one.

Nat: Yeah, let's go for it.

Phil (voice-over): Nat & Kat, who were the first to arrive, will depart at 2:05 am.

We see Nat & Kat hug before opening their envelope.

Nat: "Take the train to GRANADA!"

Phil (voice-over): Teams will now head to the train station and take the train to Granada, a city in the Andulacian region which is rich in history and in Islamic landmarks. Once in Granada, teams must drive themselves to El Parque de las Ciencias, where they will find their next clue.

As Nat & Kat leave, we see them doing confessionals.

Kat: Finally winning a leg is awesome for us, even if we've always been near the front of the pack.

Nat: We hope to stay at the front of the pack and hopefully make it all the way to the finals again.

We see Nat & Kat hail a taxi. As they leave:

Kat: Which train station must we go to?

First Taxi Driver: The Puerta de Atocha train station.

Nat: Take us there as fast as possible.

Kat: This should be real cool!

At 2:12 the next team is ready to depart.

Jen: "Take the train to Granda."

Kisha: We'll see the Alhambra!

Jen (confessional): We had a slow start at first but now we're firing on all cylinders.

Kisha (confessional): At this rate, only a U-Turn can keep us out of the finals again.

We see them get into another taxi and go on their way as we see Nat & Kat arrive at the train station, only to find:

Nat: The first train doesn't leave until 9:05 am!

Kat: Another bunching-up point. No surprise there.

We then cut back to the park, where the next team is on the mat. It is 2:20 am.

Joyce: "You have $100 for this leg of the race."

Uchenna: We're taking the train to Granada, baby!

Joyce (confessional): We've been doing a good job for the most part on the Race.

Uchenna (confessional): However, we need to keep up the pace if we're to survive.

As they leave, we see Kisha & Jen at the train station.

Jen: So everyone will catch up to us.

Kisha: But it'll still be good for us.

We then cut back to the mat, where it's 2:28 am. The couple kiss before opening their clue envelope.

Megan: "Take the train to Granda." Wow!

Cheyne: Let's hope we see the Alhambra!

Megan (confessional): On the one hand, we burned the Express Pass on a non-elimination leg.

Cheyne (confessional): On the other hand, if we hadn't done so, we'd be facing a Speed Bump!

We now see Uchenna & Joyce arrive at the train station.

Joyce: The train doesn't leave until 9:05 am.

Uchenna: Damnit! The others will all catch up!

A minute after Megan & Cheyne leave, the next team is on the mat.

Tammy: We're going to Granda!

Victor: That should be cool!

Tammy (confessional): We're near the back of the pack but we should be okay for this leg.

Victor (confessional): After all, we're not the ones facing the Speed Bump, Tyler & James are.

We see them getting into a taxi and driving off. At 2:35, Megan & Cheyne arrive at the train station.

Megan: We're all caught up now.

Cheyne: That'll be great for us!

We then see an all-male team on the mat. It's now 2:36 am.

Chris: "Take the train to Granada."

Alex: We'd better get moving now!

Chris (confessional): I don't know how we keep avoiding last place every leg.

Alex (confessional): But we'll take next-to-last. We just can't go home now!

As they leave, we see Tammy & Victor arrive at the train station.

Tammy: The first train leaves at 9:05 am.

Victor: We'll all be on the same train, sis.

We then cut to the last team. It's 2:37 am.

Tyler: "Take the train to Granada."

James: Let's find out where to go.

Tyler (confessional): On our season, a last-place team would be Marked for Elimination. Now, we have a Speed Bump.

James (confessional): And we're the unlucky ones who have to face it. We need a bunching-up point to survive!

Some time later, we see Chris & Alex arrive, only to find:

Alex: The first train leaves at 9:05 am.

Chris: Tyler & James will catch up now!

And sure enough:

Tyler: We got our bunching-up point!

James: We're saved! We're saved now!

We then cut to the train station, where all 9 teams board the first train just before it leaves at 9:05. On the way, we see Nat & Kat and Tammy & Victor talking to someone who lives in Granada and is returning home where the best way to the Parque de las Ciencias from Granada Railway Station is.

Tammy: The fastest route takes 10 minutes.

Victor: Let's tell Uchenna & Joyce all this.

Joyce (confessional): Being the weakest team may be helpful after all.

Uchenna (confessional): Yeah, two teams now want to help us get ahead.

We cut to the Granada Railway Station. It is now 1:30. Teams rush out of the train station and start grabbing marked cars.

Tyler: We really need to hustle now!

James: All thanks to the Speed Bump!

Jen: We got good directions on the train.

Kisha: Hopefully we can stay at the front.

Megan: At least we're near the front.

Cheyne: Yeah, we need a good lead now!

Kat: Let's go now, Natty!

Nat: Here come the others!

Tammy: I see Uchenna & Joyce!

Victor: They're getting here!

Joyce: We're not in last now.

Uchenna: That's somewhat good.

Chris: We're last -- again.

Alex: Let's just hustle now.

As you can tell from the title, there will be a certain amount of teams who will fill up their cars with unleaded instead of diesel, only to have their cars conk out. I want you to decide how many teams will make that error, and which ones will do so. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the teams with the most votes will make that fatal error.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Estee 06-10-11 1
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 06-11-11 3
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... vince3 06-10-11 2
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 06-11-11 4
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... vince3 06-11-11 5
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Estee 06-12-11 6
       RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 06-12-11 7
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 06-12-11 8
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... vince3 06-12-11 9
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Estee 06-13-11 10
       RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 06-13-11 11
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 06-13-11 12
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Estee 06-14-11 13
       RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 06-14-11 14
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 06-14-11 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 46483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-10-11, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
So we're looking for the ones who are historically horrible at following directions, reading clues, and paying attention to small details. That pretty much guarantees Victor makes this mistake, then wanders into the woods for an hour to moan about it. I think Tyler & James are a little too happy about the bunch point, so let's have Karma remind them of their proper place in the order. We also haven't had a good old-fashioned Jen meltdown in a while: sign her up.

Jen vs. bad fuel. Let's see which explodes first.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-11-11, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Actually, maybe we should change that to Jen vs. Victor vs. bad fuel. Any one of those three could well explode first -- though I personally think the fuel will explode first or at least ruin the engine. That means we have to see whether Jen or Victor explodes first -- and that would be funny to watch.

vince3 16960 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-11, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Estee's picked 3 teams, but I think I want a little more carnage... 4 teams.

Chris/Alex
Uchenna/Joyce
Megan/Cheyne
Kisha/Jen

06-11-11, 07:08 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Well, the only team who got two votes and thus will definitely fill up their car with unleaded instead of diesel, is Kisha & Jen. Estee chose two other teams but Vince3 chose three other teams -- and I'm going to have four teams make that error: Chris & Alex, Kisha & Jen, Megan & Cheyne and Tammy & Victor. Here's the next part:

We see the seven teams making their way through the streets of Granada on their way to the Parque de las Ciencias.

Tyler: We need to keep ahead of the other teams!

James: Yeah, we have the Speed Bump coming up!

Megan: We can just stay behind Tyler & James, right?

Cheyne: Yeah. We're not the ones facing the Speed Bump!

Kisha: How are we doing, Jen?

Jen: We're doing just fine!

Nat: We're staying with the other teams.

Kat: And let's hope we don't fall behind!

Tammy: Uchenna & Joyce are behind us.

Victor: Good. Let's hope they keep up.

Uchenna: I'm following the teams in front.

Joyce: Yeah. We just can't lose them!

Alex: We must keep up!

Chris: I'm doing so.

Finally after about ten minutes of driving, one car arrives at the Parque de las Ciencias. The team parks and heads inside, followed soon by all the other teams. The first team finds the clue box near the Al-Andalus and Science Pavillion.

Tyler: "Now make your way to Oryza Restaurant!"

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now make their way to Oryza Restaurant, a restaurant with a modern take on Spanish cooking. It is here that teams will receive their next clue.

James: We'd better run! Here come the others!

And sure enough, the other teams come rushing in.

Megan: We're going to a restaurant.

Jen: "Now make your way to Oryza Restaurant."

Kat: I hope we don't have to eat meat.

Nat: If it's a Roadblock, I'll do it.

Victor: I wondeer what we'll have to eat.

Joyce: Let's hurry, honey!

Alex: Let's follow the others.

On the way out of the park, teams ask locals for directions and soon are on their way.

Cheyne: This should be interesting.

Kisha: I hope the directions we got are good.

Tammy: We're going the right way, bro.

Uchenna: So far, so good.

Chris: We've got to catch up!

About five minutes later, we see a car park outside the Oryza Restaurant. The team rushes in and finds the clue box.

Tyler: Roadblock! "Who's really thirsty?"

Phil: In this Roadblock, one team member has to sit down and drink two cups of a Spanish drink known as sangria. As soon as the teammate finishes drinking the cups, the waiter will hand the team their next clue.

James: You're driving, so I'll take it.

As James heads over to begin the task, other teams arrive.

Megan: It's a Roadblock!

Cheyne: I'll do this one.

Kisha: Roadblock!

Jen: I'll do it.

Nat: Who can handle wine better?

Kat: Probably me. I'll take it.

Tammy: Roadblock, bro!

Victor: I'm taking it!

Uchenna: Roadblock!

Joyce: You do it.

Chris: Roadblock!

Alex: You do it.

They all head in and begin drinking the sangria. James is the one who seems to like it the least, maybe because it reminds him of when he was on drugs (even though he wasn't an alcoholic). But he manages to get both cups down and the waiter hands him the next clue, which he takes over to Tyler.

James: "Now drive to Museo Cuevas Sacromonte."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now drive themselves to the Museo Cuevas Sacromonte, located in the Barranco de los Negros, right in front of the Alhambra. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Tyler: Since you had two drinks, I'll be driving.

Cheyne is the next one to finish and he too receives his clue.

Cheyne: "Now drive to Museo Cuevas Sacromonte."

Megan: I hope two drinks wasn't too much for you.

As they leave, Jen finishes and receives her next clue.

Jen: "Now drive to Museo Cuevas Sacromonte."

Kisha: Good thing you won't be driving there.

Kat is the next one to finish and she receives her clue.

Nat: "Now drive to Museo Cuevas Sacromonte."

Kat: We'd better ask locals for directions.

Victor finishes and soon he gets his clue.

Victor: "Now drive to Museo Cuevas Sacromonte."

Tammy: If you drank slowly, we should be okay.

As they leave, Uchenna finishes his drink and receives his clue.

Joyce: "Now drive to Museo Cuevas Sacromonte."

Uchenna: Don't worry, honey. I can drive fine.

As they leave, Chris finishes and receives his clue.

Chris: "Now drive to Museo Cuevas Sacromonte."

Alex: Since you drank, I'll be the one driving.

We see teams asking locals for directions to the Museo Cuevas Sacromonte and getting them before leaving. Finally, we cut to the museum, where we see a car parking outside. A team jumps out and rushes to the clue box but before they get there:

James: There's the Speed Bump! Damnit!

Phil: Having finished last in the previous leg, Tyler & James face a Speed Bump, which is a task that only they can perform. In this Speed Bump, they will take a guided tour of two sections of the museum: the Ethnographic Museum, with exhibitions about the history, evolution, habits and customs of the cave settlers and an exhibition describing the local fauna and flora -- and the local agriculture. Once they are done with the tour, they can continue on with the Race.

Tyler: Let's go in and begin the tour then.

Wearily, the models approach a guide so they can begin the tour.

Okay, the teams are going to be on their way to the Detour clue (as will Tyler & James, once they've finished the tour). My new question is this: which person says the title quote? It must be either Alex, Cheyne, Chris, Jen, Kisha, Tammy or Victor. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the person with the most votes will say the title quote. Personally, I think that either Jen, Kisha or Victor will say the title quote, although Chris & Alex or even Megan & Cheyne have an outside chance of saying it. I'm pretty sure Tammy won't say it because I think she'll realize they need to put diesel fuel in but won't be able to knock some sense into Victor.

06-11-11, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Cheyne

06-12-11, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Victor. And he'll be using that often-seen (and never-working) Whining Defense.

Sangria? Someone will have to be really susceptible if they're going to get more than buzzed off two glasses. (It does come in industrial strength, but I'm told you lose most of the flavor.) The Speed Bump is a worrier, though -- if the tour is detailed enough, it could send them back to the comfort of drugs take at least an hour with no guarantee that any of it will even be in English. Quizzing them about what they haven't learned would be slightly cruel...

06-12-11, 05:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Well, I didn't really know that you'd be unlikely to get more than buzzed off two glasses of sangria -- I tried it once but the taste wasn't that great for me for some reason. And in fact, that and one time when I had to drink wine instead of grape juice for Communion are the only times when I had any alcoholic beverages -- and I doubt either time I got anywhere close to being inebriated. Thanks for letting me know that.

I don't plan on the Speed Bump being so detailed that it'll take at least an hour with no guarantee that any of it will even be in English. There will be English in it, I guarantee you.

06-12-11, 07:18 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Okay, we have a tie (as usual), so I'll have to break it:

Guide: Are you here for a tour of the museum?

James: Yeah. How long will it be?

Guide: 10-15 minutes, depending on how detailed a tour you want.

Tyler: Sadly, we're in a big hurry.

Guide: Okay, I'll make it 10 minutes. Follow me.

As they head off, another car pulls up and the team inside jumps out and hurries over to the clue box.

Megan: "Drive yourselves to Santa Ana Church."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now make their way to Santa Ana church, also known as the Iglesia de San Gil y Santa Ana. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Cheyne: We probably should get some directions.

As they approach a nearby guide, a third team pulls up.

Jen: "Drive yourselves to Santa Ana Church."

Kisha: Let's get directions from that guide.

They rush off to find the guide. As he's giving both teams directions, we see a fourth car pull up, followed by a fifth and finally a sixth one. They all grab envelopes.

Nat: "Drive yourselves to Santa Ana Church."

Tammy: I wonder where that church is.

Joyce: I think we need directions.

They all head over to ask the same guide. As they are getting directions and as Megan & Cheyne and Kisha & Jen are leaving, the last team arrives.

Alex: "Drive yourselves to Santa Ana Church."

Chris: And best of all, we're not in last now!

They head over to ask the guide as Nat & Kat, Tammy & Victor and Uchenna & Joyce all head out. Soon Chris & Alex are on their way as well.

Kat: That driver gave us real good directions!

Victor: We got a real good guide, sis.

Uchenna: We're doing well, honey.

Meanwhile, we see Tyler & James taking the tour. First, they see a cave dwelling with furniture and goods belonging to the era when the caves would've been inhabited. Then, they saw some cave stables with many of the original tools and equipment. And then, they saw a real cave home and kitchen with all the basic elements that would've belonged in such an area.

James (confessional): Doing the tour was a fascinating glimpse into a very different era from ours.

Then we saw the guide take the models into a section devoted to traditional work of that area.

Guide: Here is a cave workshop with a basket and wickerwork. (He moves on to another area.) Here is a metal-forging cave workshop. (He moves on to yet a third area.) Here is a cave studio with ceramics and pottery. (Then he moves on to the last area.) And here is a cave workshop with a loom and weaving equipment. Weaving would've been very important.

Tyler (confessional): Part of me wanted to just get moving, but seeing all this was worth the delay.

Guide: I won't show you the didatic area, because that will take too much time for you guys. Instead, I'll show you an area describing the local flora and fauna, and the local agriculture.

James: You might as well lead the way.

Guide: Here is a model of the Darro river valley.

Tyler: Wow! This is amazing! Lead on!

The guide continues on, showing the models a traditional vegetable garden as well as a botanical one (which the guys were more interested in), as well as a geological itinerary and an environmental one. Finally, the guide was done with the tour and handed them a clue envelope.

Tyler: "Make your way to the Santa Ana Church."

Guide: That would be the Iglesia de San Gil y Santa Ana.

James: I hope you know some good directions.

The guide provided them directions and soon the guys were on their way. Soon, we cut to the Santa Ana church, where two teams arrive and find the clue box.

Megan: Detour! Skiing or Sliding?

Phil: In this Detour, teams have to choose between two tasks that can be found in the Sierra Nevada area. The choice: Skiing or Sliding. In Skiing, teams have to drive to the Sierra Nevada Ski Club in Monachil and ski down the course in a time under 2 minutes, 15 seconds. Once a team is successful, the ski instructor will give them their next clue. In Sliding, teams have to drive to Aquaola, in Cenes de la Vega, and try out their water attraction Kamikazes, which takes you down a series of toboggan slides to experience the maximum quality of speed. Once a team is done with the task, a lifeguard will hand the team their next clue.

Cheyne: I think we can do Skiing.

Kisha: Detour! Skiing or Sliding?

Jen: I think we can handle Skiing.

They hustle off. A minute later, we see three teams arrive at the church and find the clue box as well.

Nat: Detour! Skiing or Sliding?

Kat: Let's see which one's closer.

Tammy: Detour! Skiing or Sliding?

Victor: I think Sliding's the best.

Joyce: Detour! Skiing or Sliding?

Uchenna: Sliding should be easier.

Nat and Kat find out that Sliding is closer so they go for that one as well. As all three teams leave, we see Chris & Alex arrive at the church.

Chris: Detour! Skiing or Sliding?

Alex: Skiing shouldn't be too hard.

They go to the ski club as well. We then cut to Aquaola, where Nat & Kat, Tammy & Victor and Uchenna & Joyce have arrived. All three teams follow a guide to the Kamikaze slide attraction. When they see how high the slide is, Nat looks nervous.

Kat: You can do it, Natty!

Nat: Too late to back out.

So Nat is the first one to take the plunge, deciding that she wants to get it over with. It is really fast and she screams all the way down. Once she's done, it's time for Kat to take the plunge, and she squeals all the way down. At this point, we see Tyler & James arrive at the church.

Tyler: Detour! Skiing or Sliding?

James: Let's see which is closer.

They find out that Aquaola is closer, so they go for that one. Back at Aquaola, Kat finishes the slide and as Tammy prepares to take the plunge, the doctors get a clue from the lifeguard.

Nat: "Drive yourselves to the next PIT STOP!"

Phil: Teams must now drive themselves to the Alhambra. This medieval complex overlooking Granada, often considered on par with the 7 wonders of the world, is the Pit Stop for this leg of the Race. The last team to check in here may be eliminated.

Kat: Let's wait for the others before going.

Tammy squeals all the way down and is soon followed by Victor. The siblings soon receive their next clue.

Victor: "Drive yourselves to the next Pit Stop."

Tammy: "The ALHAMBRA!" That'll be so AWESEOME!

They also wait until Uchenna & Joyce take the plunge. Once the married couple's done, they receive their clue.

Joyce: "Drive yourselves to the next Pit Stop."

Uchenna: We're going to the Alhambra! Awesome!

As they all head out, we see Megan & Cheyne and Kisha & Jen arrive at the Sierra Nevada Ski Club and take a chair lift to the top of the mountain. As Megan & Cheyne prepare to be the first team to ski down the mountain we see Nat & Kat, Tammy & Victor and Uchenna & Joyce get in their cars and drive off.

Kat: We'll have to stop for gas before we reach the Pit Stop.

Nat: I saw a gas station on our way here. Let's stop there.

Victor: Our car will need some unleaded gas soon.

*rattle snake sound*

Tammy: But what if our car really takes diesel?

Uchenna: We'll need some gas soon.

Joyce: Let's follow the others.

We then cut to the Sierra Nevada Ski Club, where Megan & Cheyne begin skiing down the mountain. Kisha & Jen watch as Megan & Cheyne ski down very well. We then cut back to the first three teams as they stop at a nearby gas station. Nat jumps out first and as she checks to see what kind of gas her car takes, Victor jumps out of his car -- and heads straight for the unleaded gas!

Nat: Victor, Uchenna, the cars take diesel!

Tammy: Victor, the cars take diesel!

But Victor starts filling the car with unleaded, as we hear a distinct rattlesnake sound.

Uchenna: Guess I'd better take diesel.

Kat: Victor, remember to put diesel fuel in!

Victor: I'm sure we can use unleaded.

Joyce: I hope you sure listened, honey.

Okay, we're up to the part where Victor ignored the warnings and put unleaded in his car -- and is going to have a nasty surprise on his hands! Now I want you to decide which of the following two teams -- Nat & Kat and Uchenna & Joyce -- will come in first and which of the following two teams -- Chris & Alex or Tyler & James -- will be Philiminated. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the teams with the most votes will come in first and be Philiminated.

06-12-11, 08:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Tyler and James ARE currently in last from that Speed Bump... However, Chris/Alex are apparently gonna kill their car with unleaded, I believe?

So it's down to whether that tour was long enough to overcome the time needed to replace Chris/Alex's car once it konks out...

I think Chris/Alex doesn't win the race to the line this time and will be eliminated.

As for the winner of the leg? Both teams have won a leg so far... I think Nat/Kat will barely win the dash to the Pit Stop.

06-13-11, 10:56 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
I see Victor's in prime form. 'Girls don't know anything about cars! That's a man's job!' Sure is, Vic: let me know if you find one.

This looks like a Uchenna & Joyce victory leg. As for last... Chris & Alex are starting into the major part of the Dandrew transition: screw up everything and then hope someone else does worse than you. Can Tyler & James somehow make a mistake great enough to put them behind an engine flush? (Wonder what the charge is on that... this wasn't a high-funds leg.) Probably not -- but let it be a challenge to them: Tyler & James to go home.

06-13-11, 05:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
You know, you may have something there. I think Victor had a relapse into chauvinistic thinking and that's why he ignored the warnings of Kat, Nat and Tammy.

I agree with you that Victor should let you know if he finds "a man's job." Which reminds me -- I really wish there was a smiley which I could use whenever one of your remarks makes me LOL or have an attack of the giggles -- which is very often.

06-13-11, 08:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
As usual, there's a tie for the first and last-place teams so I'll break it:

As Nat & Kat, Tammy & Victor and Uchenna & Joyce leave the gas station, we see Megan & Cheyne skiing down the course. They are doing very well, especially Cheyne. Cheyne finishes in a time of 2 minutes flat, and ten seconds later Megan joins him. The newlyweds hug as the ski instructor gives them their next clue.

Megan: "Drive yourselves to the next Pit Stop."

Cheyne: "The ALHAMBRA!" Wow, that is so awesome!

The newlyweds go to find someone who knows the shortest route to the Alhambra as we see Kisha & Jen begin skiing down the hill. They are also very good, though neither one is as good as Cheyne was. Jen finishes in a time of 2 minutes, 5 seconds and Kisha finishes five seconds later. They too receive their clue.

Jen: We're going to the Alhambra!

Kisha: But we need good directions.

At this point, we cut back to the first three teams, who are driving along on their way to Granada. Suddenly, one car slows down drastically.

Victor: The car's slowing down! What's wrong?

Tammy (to herself): I have a good idea what.

Nat: Tammy & Victor are slowing down!

Kat: Victor should've chosen diesel.

Uchenna: I see Tammy & Victor slowing down.

Joyce: You put diesel in the engine, right?

We have a flashback where we see that Uchenna indeed put diesel in the engine of his car. Meanwhile, Nat & Kat and Uchenna & Joyce continue on as Tammy & Victor come to a stop.

Victor: What went wrong? WHAT?

Tammy: I'd check the fuel gauge.

They get out and Tammy leads Victor over to check the place where the fuel goes into the car. Sure enough:

Victor: DIESEL?! I thought the car took unleaded!

Tammy (to herself): Don't say, "I told you so" now.

They wait for a replacement car (with diesel fuel) to show up while Victor begins whining.

Victor: We're dead meat! We're dead meat!

Tammy: Tyler & James had their Speed Bump.

Victor: But how will that help us?

Tammy: We have a ten-minute lead.

At that point, we see Chris & Alex have arrived at the ski resort and are ready to go down the hill. We then cut back to Tammy & Victor, who see a car coming towards them.

Phil (voice-over): If a car breaks down, a team can get a replacement car. However, no time credit will be given to them even if it was through no fault of their own.

As Tammy & Victor get in the car, with Victor still sulking, we cut back to the ski resort, where Chris and Alex are skiing down the mountain. Neither one is particularly great at it and they are trying not to fall down the mountain. We then cut to Megan & Cheyne and Kisha & Jen, who have left the ski resort and are on their way to the Alhambra. They stop at a different gas station, however:

Cheyne: Here's the unleaded pump!

*rattlesnake sound*

Kisha: There's unleaded!

*another rattlesnake sound*

Megan: We're almost there now.

Jen: We did really well.

As both teams get back on their way, we see Tyler & James arrive at Aquaola as we cut back to Chris & Alex, who are at the ski resort. Chris finishes in a time of 2 minutes, 10 seconds and Alex finishes in a time of 2 minutes ... 14 seconds! The two guys cheer as they get their next clue.

Alex: "Drive yourselves to the next Pit Stop."

Chris: I always wanted to see the Alhambra. Go!

As they head out, we see Tyler & James at the top of the water slide. James takes the plunge first, followed by Tyler. Both successfully complete the Detour task and receive their clue.

James: "Drive yourselves to the next Pit Stop: the Alhambra!"

Tyler: "Warning: the last team to check in may be eliminated!"

The two hustle out as we see Megan & Cheyne and Kisha & Jen suddenly slow down on the road and come to a stop.

Kisha: Why did both cars just stop?

Megan: Maybe we put the wrong fuel in the car.

As both teams get out to check, we see two cars park outside the Alhambra. Both teams rush inside. We then cut to a garden where Phil and a native greeter are waiting. The two teams rush to the mat but one team gets on it first:

Native Greeter: Welcome to Granada.

Nat: De Nada. So, Phil?

Phil: Nat & Kat, you are team number one! (Nat & Kat look stunned, then they cheer and hug.) And I have some good news for you. As the winners of this leg of the race, you have each won a pair of motor scooters, which you can enjoy after the Race.

Kat: I can't believe it!

Phil: Well, it's true. Uchenna & Joyce, will you come in here please? (The married couple gets onto the mat.) Uchenna & Joyce, you are team number two.

Uchenna: That's great!

Joyce: We'll take it!

As they kiss, we cut back to Megan & Cheyne and Kisha & Jen, who have found out the bad news themselves.

Cheyne: You were right. The car takes diesel!

Jen: We're in last! And it's our fault!

Kisha: Maybe not. Remember the Speed Bump?

Jen: Good point. But I'm still mad at myself!

Megan: The replacement cars will be here.

Cheyne: Thank God! We'll soon be leaving.

Indeed, just as the replacement cars arrive, we see the third team arrive at the mat.

Phil: Tammy & Victor, you are team number three.

Victor: We're team number THREE?!

Tammy: How did that happen?

As they stare in shock, we hear their confessionals.

Victor: I can't believe we only fell to third place!

Tammy: I can't believe I kept my cool around Victor!

As Megan & Cheyne and Kisha & Jen drive off, we see Chris & Alex and Tyler & James driving along. One team reaches a gas station first but when a guy gets out:

Chris: Here's the unleaded!

*rattlesnake sound*

Alex: Well fill her up then!

We then see Tyler & James reach a gas station.

James: Check to see what fuel the car takes!

Tyler gets out and checks.

Tyler: Good advice! The car takes diesel fuel!

He puts the fuel in the car as we cut to Chris & Alex, who are drving along -- until they hear an all-too-familiar (to us, at least) ominous sound.

Chris: The car's stopped!

Alex: Damnit! What now?

They get out and wait for a replacement car as we see two more teams arrive at the Pit Stop.

Phil: Megan & Cheyne, you are team number four.

Megan: What a relief! We're okay!

Phil: That means Kisha & Jen, you're team number five!

Kisha: See, Jen? We're safe after all!

Jen: No thanks to our own foolishness!

Phil: I hear you both put the wrong fuel in your cars.

Cheyne: We had a brain cramp, Phil.

We then see Chris & Alex get their replacement car and drive off. We also see Tyler & James driving to the Pit Stop.

James: Good thing we checked to find out the car took diesel.

Tyler: We had a Speed Bump already. An error would be lethal.

Chris: We must get there first!

Alex: We just can't be last now!

Tyler: Whatever happens, we did our best.

James: Yeah. We really tried our hardest.

Chris: We're getting there.

Alex: I'm ready right now!

We then see a car pull up outside the Alhambra. The two guys inside get out, rush through the Alhambra and into the garden where Phil is waiting.

Phil: Tyler & James, you are team number six.

James: Team number SIX?!

Tyler: We're safe, dude!

They high-five each other before we see Chris & Alex come in.

Native Greeter: Welcome to Granda.

Chris: Thank you.

Phil: Chris & Alex, you are the last team to arrive.

Both guys look stunned.

Alex: We're last?

Phil: I'm sorry to tell you that you both have been eliminated from the race.

Chris: How did we come in last?

Phil: Tyler & James didn't put unleaded in their car.

Alex: THAT'S why our car stopped?

Chris: That was dumb.

Alex: I'll say it was!

Chris: But still, we got farther than we ever expected.

Alex: Yeah. I figured we'd be the second team to leave.

Chris (confessional): I'm glad we got as far as we did.

Alex (confessional): Even if we screwed up at the end.

They walk off arm-in-arm.

Okay, I chose to have Nat & Kat win the leg and for Chris & Alex to go home. I didn't really want to have two Tylers at Elimination Station; besides, with a second Double U-Turn coming up Tammy & Victor might take Chris & Alex's places as the ones with villain potential -- and Victor might have future breakdowns later on.

06-14-11, 06:44 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
I'm a little surprised by the rule change here. In the original diesel incident, the offending teams weren't given replacement cars. Instead, it turned into 'you broke it, you fix it': everyone got to sit around until they figured out what they'd done and how to remedy it -- even if that last meant calling a mechanic to do it for them. Looks like the course design decided to pre-account for idiocy.

06-14-11, 04:55 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Actually, I briefly thought about having them either have to siphon the fuel out or (more likely) get their car towed, but ever since either Season 7 or Season 8 production gave teams replacement cars (admittedly, not for something like this), so I went with the second option instead. Or maybe I did decide to pre-account for idiocy.

06-14-11, 07:23 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition Episode 7: I Thought The Car Took Unleaded! "
Okay, here are the latest goings-on at Elimination Station:

It's 10:30 am at the Birkenhead Boutique Guest Manor House. The four teams currently there are relaxing in the lobby after a nice breakfast.

B.J.: So the next team is coming soon?

Rob: That's what the note I just got said.

Tyler: I wonder who's coming this time.

Brennan: I'm sure that it's Chris & Alex.

Rachel: You keep saying so.

TK: And they haven't come.

At this point, they hear a limo pull up just outside the hotel. The teams wait and hear the voices of two men checking into the hotel. Then the two guys come in.

Nick: And it's Chris & Alex!

Starr: They got payback, bro!

Alex: Yeah, but not for U-Turning you two.

Chris: We filled our car with the wrong gas.

Rob: What kind of fuel did you use?

Chris: Unleaded.

Brennan: But your car took diesel?

Alex: You got it.

Nick: I'll bet you were in Europe.

Starr: Yeah, cars take diesel there.

B.J.: Anybody else make that error?

Chris: We learned three other teams did so.

Alex: But none of them were Tyler & James.

Tyler: Why did you mention those two?

Chris: They had a Speed Bump.

TK: Ah. An extra task just for them?

Rachel: That began in our season, guys.

Alex: Yeah. And they beat us!

Nick: Well, they might be next here.

Chris: No other teams will be coming here.

Alex: We learned that on the way here!

Rob: Oh. So you're the last team coming here.

Starr: Well, you can still have fun!

Brennan: Yeah. For now, just relax and rest.

B.J.: Later, you can do some swimming.

TK: Here and in False Bay.

Tyler: Just watch out for the sharks!

Rachel: Yeah! Take care!

As Chris & Alex unpack, we hear their confessionals.

Chris: Well, at least we can see the sights of Cape Town.

Alex: And do so at a slower pace than we did in Season 2!

Some time later, Chris & Alex have joined the others around the pool, relaxing.

Brennan: So what happens now?

Alex: We get calls from the next three teams eliminated.

Chris: They'll be travelling along -- but just as decoys.

Rob: Oh. So who'll be first?

B.J.: To leave? Did Tyler & James finish sixth?

Chris & Alex nod.

Tyler: That's who we say will be eliminated next.

TK: What about Uchenna & Joyce?

Rachel: That's very possible.

Nick: We'll find out soon enough.

Starr: Yeah. Like maybe tomorrow.

All five teams get into the pool and go swimming.

Okay, as Chris & Alex have already revealed they are the last team to physically arrive at Elimination Station. The three teams that don't make the finals will be travelling along with the three teams that do, only they'll be decoys. I hope to begin the next chapter tomorrow.

And I have something to confide to you: this whole episode is possibly the funniest one that I thought of and wrote! I loved imagining teams filling up their cars with unleaded instead of diesel, and seeing the shock when their cars conk out. I'm sure it wasn't funny for the teams, but it was funny for me and I hope it was funny for you too!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •