The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Belle Book 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-05-11, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
Phil (voice-over): Previously on The Amazing Race, eight teams left Dar es Salaam and flew all the way to Luxor, Egypt. Once there, an Hours of Operation bunched teams up and allowed Uchenna & Joyce and Chris & Alex to go for the only Fast-Forward on the Race. Unfortunately for Chris & Alex, their taxi driver didn't know English, so Uchenna & Joyce got the Fast-Forward and was able to come in first. The other teams found letters from teams on their original seasons and all chose to take boats down the Nile. Although Chris & Alex were in last at the end of the Roadblock, Nick & Starr got a flat tire which ensured that they would come in last. Seven teams remain, who will be eliminated next?

We see the usual montage and then we hear Phil speak again.

Phil: This is Luxor. On the West Bank is the ancient capital of Thebes. Today, the former capital is a treasure trove for archaeologists. And in the middle of it, the Valley of the Kings. The place where many pharoahs are buried, it was the fifth Pit Stop in a race around the world. Teams arrived here at the end of the last leg for a mandatory rest period. Uchenna & Joyce, who were the first to arrive, will depart at 8:45 pm.

We see Uchenna & Joyce kiss before opening their envelope.

Joyce: "Fly to MADRID, SPAIN!"

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now return to the airport and fly all the way to Madrid, the capital of Spain. Once there, teams must make their way to the Museo del Prado, which contains one of the finest art collections in the world. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Uchenna: Let's get going then.

Joyce (confessional): Getting the Fast-Forward this leg was the break that we needed.

Uchenna (confessional): We hope that we can use it to get us all the way to the finals.

They get into the jeep Nick & Starr used and drive off to the airport. As they're driving, we see the next team on the mat at 9:05 pm.

Nat: "Fly to Madrid, Spain."

Kat: We're going to Madrid!

Nat (confessional): We've been really lucky and really good this time around.

Kat (confessional): If we continue on this pace, we should make the finals again.

They drive off in their jeep. At 9:10 pm, the next team is on the mat.

Tammy: "Fly to Madrid, Spain."

Victor: I've never been there.

Tammy (confessional): We've been near the back and near the front of the pack.

Victor (confessional): We hope that we can remain near the front of the pack.

As they leave, we see Uchenna & Joyce driving through the streets of the East Bank section of Luxor. They arrive at the airport and begin hitting the phones. Soon:

Uchenna: The earliest flight we can get is an EgyptAir flight that departs at 12:20 am.

Joyce: Then we transfer to a Lufthansa flight in Cairo, and then another one in Frankfurt.

Uchenna: We'll arrive in Madrid at 2:20 pm that afternoon.

Joyce: Let's reserve two tickets on that flight then.

As they reserve tickets on that flight, we see the next team on the mat. It is 9:20 pm.

Jen: "You have $200 for this leg of the race."

Kisha: We're going to Europe now! Let's go!

Jen (confessional): We've been doing okay so far but we need to pick up the pace a bit.

Kisha (confessional): If we can pick up the pace enough, we can get to the finals again.

We see Nat & Kat on the phones at the airport.

Nat: There are six tickets on the earliest flight to Madrid.

Kat: Let's get over to EgyptAir and reserve our tickets then!

They hurry over and reserve their seats. Meanwhile, we see the fifth team on the mat. It is 9:25 pm.

Megan: "Fly to Madrid, Spain."

Cheyne: Let's get going then.

Megan (confessional): As the number of teams decreases, the risk to us increases.

Cheyne (confessional): We're going to have to use the Express Pass we won very soon.

A minute later, we see the next team on the mat.

Tyler: "Fly to Madrid, Spain."

James: This should be real cool.

Tyler (confessional): Last season we were often at the front of the pack.

James (confessional): This time, we're in the middle or the back.

Tyler (confessional): We need to have better luck.

James (confessional): Either that or just do better.

As they leave, we see the third team at the airport.

Tammy: We've got tickets on the first flight to Madrid!

Victor: And with only two seats left, we should be safe.

Finally at 9:35 pm, we see the last team on the mat.

Alex: "Fly to Madrid, Spain."

Chris: Let's get going then.

Alex (confessional): We've never had a really good leg.

Chris (confessional): We need to change it, starting now!

But as they're leaving we see the fourth team at the airport.

Jen: We got the last seats on the first flight!

Kisha: So let's go and get our tickets right now.

Soon, Megan & Cheyne arrive at the airport, only to find:

Megan: Bad news. The next flight we can get arrives at 2:45 pm.

Cheyne: But it arrives 25 minutes after the first one arrives.

We then see Tyler & James get tickets on the second flight, and then see Chris & Alex at the airport.

Chris: Our flight plan has us leave Luxor at 6:30 am.

Alex: Then we connect in Cairo and arrive at 2:45 pm.

We see the first four teams boarding the 12:20 am flight, then the last three teams boarding the 6:30 am flight.

Phil (voice-over): All teams are now flying to Madrid.

We cut to Madrid and see the first flight arrive at 2:20 pm. All the teams scramble out of the plane and rush towards the exit. One team reaches the exit first and hails a taxi.

Jen: Take us to the Museo del Prado.

Kisha: Rapido, por favor! Andale!

The taxi takes off as we see the next team get out. They too hail a taxi.

Nat (in Spanish): The Museo del Prado, please.

Kat (in Spanish): As fast as possible, please.

The taxi takes off. Soon a third team exits and hails a taxi.

Tammy: Take us to the Museo del Prado.

Victor: Rapido! Andale! And vamanos!

Finally, Uchenna & Joyce hail a taxi.

Joyce: We need to go to the Museo del Prado.

Uchenna: As fast as you can go, por favor.

The taxis race through the streets. One taxi manages to catch up to another.

Nat: That's Kisha & Jen! Pass them!

Jen: Don't let them pass us!

Kat: We did it! Thanks a lot, sir.

Kisha: Damnit! We got passed.

As they're racing through the streets, we see the second plane arrive and see the three teams on it race for the exit. One team gets there first.

Tyler: Take us to the Museo del Prado!

James: And get us there very quickly!

One more team got out while Tyler & James were getting in a taxi and that team soon gets a taxi of their own.

Megan: Museo del Prado, please.

Cheyne: And here's the address.

The driver takes off and soon, we see the last team get out.

Chris: We're last. As usual.

Alex: Museo del Prado, please.

Okay, that's it for now. I have a question for you. The route of this leg of the race will be as follows: the teams will go to the Royal Theater and do a Roadblock with musical instruments next, then go to Plaza de Espana and then to the Plaza Mayor, where they'll choose a Detour which has them facing a bull calf or having fun with seals. Do you think Megan & Cheyne should use their Express Pass this leg or have them wait until a future leg, since this leg will be non-elimination? I'll take answers until tomorrow night.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... Estee 06-05-11 1
 RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... vince3 06-05-11 2
 RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... Belle Book 06-06-11 3
   RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... vince3 06-06-11 4
   RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... Estee 06-07-11 5
       RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... Belle Book 06-07-11 6
 RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... Belle Book 06-07-11 7
   RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... vince3 06-07-11 8
   RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... Estee 06-08-11 9
 RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... Belle Book 06-08-11 10
 RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... Belle Book 06-09-11 11
   RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... vince3 06-09-11 12
       RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edit... Belle Book 06-10-11 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 46441 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-05-11, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
The NEL issue is the classic: 'Yeah, but they don't know that.' Which means it comes down to the difficulty of the Roadblock and Detour branches, whether they can keep Tyler & James in sight, and the near-panic that comes from being at the back of the pack with so little company.

*considers*

I think they'd hold off as long as they can still see competition (preferably in the rear-view.) But as soon as someone pulls even or threatens to go ahead, they'll burn it. Call it a conditional yes -- burning the ExP on an NEL just makes it funnier.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 16942 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-11, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
If Megan/Cheyne doesn't use it this leg, they have to use it on one of the next two... Working with animals can be a tricky thing, so I think this might be the appropriate time to use the Express Pass, even if this will end up being a NEL...

06-06-11, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-11 AT 05:13 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-07-11 AT 06:47 PM (EST)

Okay, we have a majority, so here's the next part:

We cut to the Museo del Prado, where the first team arrived.

Nat: "Now make your way to the Royal Theatre."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now make their way to the Royal Theatre, which was ordered to be built by Isabel II but was finished in 1850 after 32 years of planning and construction! It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Kat: Let's write the name down for our driver.

They wrote it down (in Spanish) and as they were showing it to their driver, the second team arrived. Nat & Kat's taxi took off as the second team found the clue box.

Jen: "Now make your way to the Royal Theatre."

Kisha: Let's get our driver to take us there!

They did so and then were on their way as the third team arrived.

Victor: "Now make your way to the Royal Theatre."

Tammy: Let's hope our driver knows where to go.

When they showed the name to the driver, he seemed to understand and they were leaving as the fourth team arrived.

Joyce: "Now make your way to the Royal Theatre."

Uchenna: Let's find out if our driver knows it.

The driver seemed to know the location and soon they were on their way. We then cut to the Royal Theatre, where the first team arrived and found the clue box inside the lobby.

Nat: Roadblock! "Who likes music?"

Phil: In this Roadblock, one person from each team will learn quite a bit about Spanish music. That person has to go into the main concert hall, sit down at a piano, and learn the Spanish Dance from the opera La Vida Breve, composed by Manuel de Falla. Then, they have to perform it successfully in order to receive their next clue.

Kat: You did the last one. I'll do it.

They went inside and while Nat watched, Kat sat down at a piano and began practicing La Vida Breve. There were only two pianos in the hall. As Kat was practicing, Kisha & Jen arrived.

Kisha: Roadblock! I did the last one!

Jen: Yeah. It's my turn to take one.

She went to sit down at the other piano and begin practicing. As she practiced, Tammy & Victor arrived.

Tammy: Roadblock! It's your turn.

Victor: And I've got to play a piano!

They then went in but Victor wasn't happy as it became pretty clear he had to wait until Kat or Jen were done before he could practice. Meanwhile, Uchenna & Joyce arrived.

Uchenna: It's a Roadblock!

Joyce: I can do this one!

Joyce too had to wait until Kat and Jen were done before she could practice. Meanwhile, the next team arrived at the Museo del Prado.

Tyler: "Now make your way to the Royal Theatre."

James: We need to get going. We're still behind!

As they left, we saw Megan & Cheyne arrive.

Megan: "Now make your way ot the Royal Theatre."

Cheyne: We need to hustle! We're way behind!

They gave the name (in Spanish) to their driver, and soon they were on their way. Finally, the last team arrived at the museum.

Alex: "Now make your way to the Royal Theatre."

Chris: And let's hope we're not in dead last.

As they left, we cut back to the Royal Theatre, where Kat had finished practicing and was now ready to perform the Spanish Dance. Jen stopped her practicing so that Kat wouldn't be too distracted. Althought Kat took her time, she was able to get through the performance without any mistakes. Once she was finished, she looked at the maestro -- who handed her a clue envelope! She joyfully rejoined Nat as Victor went up to the piano to practice.

Nat: "Where can you find Cervantes nowadays?"

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now deduce that the question will lead them to Plaza de España, where statues of Cervantes and his characters Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are located. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Kat: Let's ask our driver what this means.

As they go out, we cut to Megan & Cheyne's taxi, when:

First Taxi Driver: We need to get some diesel fuel.

Cheyne: WHAT?! Perfect! This isn't what we need!

Megan: I think we'll need to use our Express Pass.

Back outside the Royal Theatre, Nat & Kat were talking to their driver in Spanish.

Nat: Donde podemos hallar Cervantes?

Second Taxi Driver: En la Plaza de España.

Kat: Tomanos aqui, por favor. Gracias.

They got in and their taxi drove off as we cut back inside and saw Jen signal that she was ready to perform. Victor stopped his practicing so that Jen could perform with no distractions. Jen was also slow but methodical, and also made no mistakes. Once she was done, the maestro handed her an envelope.

Jen: "Where can you find Cervantes nowadays?"

Kisha: Let's ask our driver if he knows where.

We saw Kisha & Jen rush out as Joyce took Jen's place and began practicing. Kisha & Jen asked their driver, apparently got an answer and were on their way. As Victor and Joyce were both practicing, we cut to the lobby where the next team has found the clue box.

Tyler: Roadblock! I'll do it.

James: Yeah, I did the last one.

Unfortunately, Tyler too had to wait until either Victor or Joyce were done before he could practice. Meanwhile, Megan & Cheyne were on their way, having gotten gas in their taxi.

Cheyne: Let's see what the task is before we decide.

Megan: Yeah. For all we know, we won't have to use it.

As they continued on their way, we cut back to the Royal Theatre hall. Victor seemed to be nearly ready to perform but Joyce was ready to perform first. So Victor waited while Joyce performed the Spanish Dance. Meanwhile, the sixth team arrived at the clue box.

Chris: Roadblock!

Alex: My turn!

He went in just as Joyce finished the piece with no mistakes. She looked at the maestro -- who handed her a clue envelope!

Joyce: "Where can you find Cervantes nowadays?"

Uchenna: I don't know. But our driver might.

As they rushed out, Tyler sat down but before he could practice, Victor was ready to perform. He was doing very well through most of the piece, but then:

Victor: Damnit! I flubbed a note.

Victor had to start all over again. As he was doing so, the last team rushed into the lobby.

Megan: Roadblock, Cheyne!

Cheyne: It's my turn now!

But as they went in:

Megan: There are three other teams here!

Cheyne: And there are only two pianos!

Megan: Let's do it then.

Cheyne: Yeah, we have to.

They rushed up to the maestro but had to wait until Victor was finished. This time Victor was successful and got his clue envelope. As he did so:

Megan: We're using our Express Pass, por favor.

The maestro handed them a clue envelope as Alex went to the piano and began practicing, as did Tyler.

Tammy: "Where can you find Cervantes nowadays?"

Victor: I'll bet our driver knows what that means.

Cheyne: I think we'd better ask our driver this.

As Tammy & Victor and Megan & Cheyne rush out:

James: Megan & Cheyne used their Express Pass.

Chris: We're doomed!

Okay, now I want you to tell me whether Kisha & Jen or Nat & Kat should finish first at the end of this leg. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the team with the most votes will win the leg.

06-06-11, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
Nat/Kat finally get a leg win in this season...

06-07-11, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
This, by the way, is what's been driving me nuts about the Race for the last two seasons. 'Cervantes? Find a native! Find a computer! Find someone with a really good phone! Just don't try to think!' Kent recognizing the symbol for Mercury may eventually stand as the last educational manifest on the course for the rest of the run.

Actually, it may qualify as a miracle that no one said 'Cervantes? We're going to get some beer!'

Let's give the doctors this one. At least they presumably know how to metabolize the alcohol.

06-07-11, 06:45 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
Now that you mention it, that might prove to be a useful title quote -- and something that one of the remaining two teams might well say.

06-07-11, 09:08 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6: Cervantes? We're going to get some beer!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-11 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

Okay, we have a majority vote, so I'll post the next part:

As Chris and Tyler continue practicing, we cut to the Plaza de España, where a team arrives and finds the clue box near the statue of Cervantes.

Nat: "Now make your way to Plaza Mayor."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now make their way to Plaza Mayor, the most important plaza in Madrid. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Kat: Look! There's a Sancho Panza statue.

Nat: I remember that we had to find out who his master was.

Kat: We should've known it was Don Quixote. But let's go.

They head back to their taxi, write down the name for their driver and take off. We then cut back to the Royal Theatre, where Tyler is ready to perform. Chris stops practicing as Tyler begins playing the Spanish Dance slowly, so as not to stumble. As he plays, we cut back to Plaza de España where another team has just arrived.

Jen: "Now make your way to Plaza Mayor."

Kisha: I'm sure our driver will know it.

As they return to their taxi, we cut back to the Royal Theatre, where Tyler is finishing the Spanish Dance. Once he's finished, he looks over at the maestro -- who pulls out an envelope.

Tyler: Yes! We're moving on now, James!

James: "Where is Cervantes located nowadays?"

Tyler: It must be a statue of him. Let's ask.

They asked their driver and he told them, so they were on their way as Chris continued practicing. Meanwhile, we cut to Plaza de España, where the third team finds the clue box.

Uchenna: "Now make your way to Plaza Mayor."

Joyce: That's a pretty famous plaza, honey.

They head out as we cut back to the Royal Theatre, where Chris is ready to perform. He is able to finish the piece with no mistakes, albeit slowly, and once he was done he got his clue.

Chris: "Where is Cervantes located nowadays?"

Alex: Cervantes? We're going to get some beer!

Chris (chuckling): Cervantes was a Spanish writer.

Alex: Oh. Well, let's find out where we should go.

At this point, we cut to Plaza Mayor, where the first team has just arrived.

Nat: Detour! Bulls or Seals?

Phil: In this Detour, teams have to choose between confronting two animals in Madrid. The choice: Bulls or Seals. In Bulls, teams go to the Las Ventas bullring and face a bull calf. Their task is to tie a ribbon around the bull calf's tail without being knocked over. Once they have succeeded in tying a ribbon around the calf's tail, they'll receive their next clue. In Seals, teams go to the Zoo Aquarium Madrid, head to the Marine Animals section, get into wetsuits and swim with a sea lion before playing fetch with it. Once they have swum with a sea lion and caught a ball it throws back at them, they'll receive their next clue.

Kat: I think Seals is easier.

They leave as we cut to Plaza de España, where two teams arrive at the same time.

Tammy: "Now make your way to Plaza Mayor."

Megan: We're going to Plaza Mayor!

Victor: That's a familiar tourist spot, Tammy.

Cheyne: Well, let's get going then.

As they head to their taxis, we cut back to Plaza Mayor, where the next team finds the Detour clue.

Kisha: Detour! Bulls or Seals?

Jen: We can handle the Bulls.

They head off to Las Ventas bullring as we cut back to Plaza de España, where another team has arrived.

Tyler: "Now make your way to Plaza Mayor."

James: Let's hurry! We can't be in last!

We then cut to the Zoo Aquarium Madrid, where Nat & Kat have just arrived and are being taken to the Marine Mammals place. Once there, they get into wetsuits and then dive in to spend time with the sea lions. At this point, we see the third team arrive at Plaza Mayor.

Uchenna: Detour! Bulls or Seals?

Joyce: Seals would be much easier.

As they head out, we cut back to Plaza de España, where the last team has found the clue box.

Alex: "Now make your way to Plaza Mayor."

Chris: We'd better get going in that case.

Alex: Oh yeah.

They rush back to their taxi as we cut to Las Ventas bullring, where Kisha & Jen have just arrived and are now about to face a bull calf. We then cut from them back to the Zoo Aquarium, where Nat & Kat are ready to play fetch with the sea lion. Nat is first, and she throws a beach ball to the sea lion. The sea lion bounced it back and Nat was barely able to catch it. But she did.

We then catch a glimpse of Kisha getting knocked down by the bull calf before we cut back to the Zoo Aquarium Madrid, where it was Kat's turn to play with the sea lion. She threw the ball to the sea lion, who caught it and threw it back to her. Kat caught it easily and the zookeeper pulled out a clue envelope! Nat & Kat quickly grabbed it and as soon as they were out of their wetsuits, they read it.

Nat: "Make your way to the next PIT STOP!"

Phil: Teams must now make their way to El Retiro Park. This park, the main one of Madrid, is the Pit Stop for this leg of the Race. The last team to check in here may be eliminated.

Kat: That's a lovely place for the Pit Stop.

They hustle back as we cut to Plaza Mayor, where two teams arrive at the same time.

Tammy: Detour! Bulls or Seals?

Megan: Which one should we do?

Victor: We should do the Seals.

Cheyne: Let's take on the Bulls.

They split up and head in different directions as we cut to Las Ventas Bullring and see Kisha & Jen taking on the bull calf once again. This time, Kisha is able to grab the calf while Jen pins the ribbon to his tail. The matador pulls out a clue envelope.

Jen: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Kisha: "El Retiro Park." Let's go then!

As they hustle, we cut to the Zoo Aquarium Madrid, where Uchenna & Joyce are getting into wetsuits and then getting into the water to have fun with the sea lions. After swimming a bit, they each take on the sea lion -- and each manage to catch a ball that the sea lion threw at them.

Joyce: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Uchenna: "El Retiro Park." Well, let's go.

As they leave, we cut to El Retiro Park. A taxi pulls up outside it and a team rushes into the park, all the way to a lake where Phil and a native greeter stand.

Native Greeter: Welcome to Spain!

Nat (in Spanish): De nada.

Phil: Nat & Kat, you are team number one! (Nat & Kat cheer in delight and hug as Phil continues.) And I have some good news for you. As the winners of this leg of the Race, you have won a trip for two from Travelocity and you will be going to beautiful Delft in the Netherlands. You will be spending seven days and six nights in the lovely Hotel de Plataan, situated in the historical center of Delft, with the marketplace, the museum and other local sights within walking distance. You will be staying in a lovely themed room of your choice, which you can pick out on the hotel's website. There's a lovely cafe and you'll get a free welcome drink when you arrive. And you can enjoy all this after the Race.

Kat: That's just perfect!

Okay, Nat & Kat have won the leg. Now it's your turn to decide which team -- either Tyler & James or Chris & Alex -- will come in last and face a Speedbump. I'll take votes until tomorrow afternoon because I'll be going out tomorrow night and the team with the most votes will get the Speedbump.

06-07-11, 11:34 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6: Cervantes? We're going to get some beer!"
Chris/Alex

06-08-11, 03:51 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6: Cervantes? We're going to get some beer!"
Tyler & James. The other two have proven themselves able to handle slinging massive amounts of bull.

06-08-11, 05:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-11 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

Okay. As usual, we have a tie and I'll break it:

We cut back to Plaza Mayor, where the next team arrives.

Tyler: Detour! Bulls or Seals?

James: We can handle the Bulls!

They head back to their taxi but as they prepare to leave:

Tyler: What's that smell?

First Taxi Driver: The radiator just conked out!

James: Great! Just great!

Tyler & James get out of the taxi, get their gear and hail a taxi that has just dropped off a pair of tourists.

Tyler: We need you to go here!

He shows the name of the bullring to the taxi driver.

James: Please take us there!

They get in and the taxi takes off. As it does, we cut to El Retiro Park, where the second team arrives.

Phil: Kisha & Jen, you are team number two.

Jen: That's just fine.

Kisha: We'll take it.

We then cut to the Zoo Aquarium, where Tammy & Victor arrive, get into wetsuits and get into the water to play with the sea lions as we cut back to the Plaza Mayor, where the last team arrives and finds the clue box.

Chris: Detour! Bulls or Seals?

Alex: I think Seals is better.

The two return to their taxi and are on their way as we cut to Las Ventas Bullring, where Megan & Cheyne arrive and take on a different bull calf. As Megan uses a cape to distract the bull calf so that Cheyne can tie a ribbon on its tail, we cut to El Retiro Park, where the third team arrives.

Phil: Uchenna & Joyce, you are team number three.

Uchenna: That's just fine.

Joyce: We're happy with it.

We then cut back to the Zoo Aquarium, where Tammy & Victor are now ready to play fetch with the sea lion. Victor is first and he easily catches the beach ball that the sea lion throws back at him. Tammy throws the beach ball but she can't catch it when it's returned to her. At the same time, we see Megan managing to distract the bull and Cheyne grabs hold of it so that he can tie the ribbon to its tail. As Megan helps hold the bull calf down, we cut back to the Zoo Aquarium where Tammy tries a second time. This time, she barely catches it as we see Cheyne tying the ribbon on the bull calf's tail. Both teams grab their clue at the same time.

Tammy: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop!"

Megan: "El Retiro Park." Cool!

Victor: Let's hope that we aren't in last place.

Cheyne: Nice job there, Megan.

They both rush off as we cut to Tyler & James's taxi.

Tyler: Are you sure this is the right way?

First Taxi Driver: I'm sure.

James: I hope he's not taking us for a ride.

We then cut to the Zoo Aquarium, where Chris & Alex arrive. As they get into wetsuits, we skip to Las Ventas bullring, where Tyler & James have just arrived. They rush in and prepare to face a third bull calf as we cut back to the Zoo Aquarium, where Chris & Alex are in the water and about ready to play with the sea lions.

Then we cut to El Retiro Park, where Tammy & Victor and Megan & Cheyne arrive at the same time.

Victor: There are Megan & Cheyne! Hurry!

Cheyne: Hurry! We can beat Tammy & Victor!

It's a race to the mat but one team gets there first:

Phil: Megan & Cheyne, you are team number four. Tammy & Victor, you are team number five.

Tammy: It's still better than last place.

Megan: Using our Express Pass was worth it.

We then cut to the Zoo Aquarium, where Chris & Alex are ready to play fetch with the sea lions. Chris proves to be successful with catching the beach ball as we cut back to the bullring, where Tyler is trying to hold the bull calf down so that James can tie a ribbon around its tail. At the Zoo Aquarium, we see Alex try catching the beach ball. He's successful and is given the clue. As he & Chris get out of their wetsuits, we cut to the bullring, where James finally ties the ribbon around the bull calf's tail. The matador hands over the clue to them.

Alex: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

James: "El Retiro Park."

Chris: "Warning: the last team to check in -- "

Tyler: "May be eliminated!"

The two teams scramble into their taxis and drive off.

James: We're stronger than Chris & Alex.

Chris: We can't come in last!

Tyler: But it depends on our taxi driver.

Alex: Last place would suck!

Finally, we arrive at El Retiro Park. An all-male team gets out of their taxi and begins running into the park as we see the other all-male team arrive. It's a race to the mat, but one team gets there first:

Phil: Chris & Alex, you are team number six!

Alex: Team number SIX?!

Chris: We did it! Yes!

As they're celebrating, we see Tyler & James come up. They see the celebration and are very disappointed.

Phil: Come on in, guys.

Native Greeter: Welcome to Spain.

James: Thanks a lot.

Phil: Tyler & James, you are the last team to arrive. (Tyler & James look mad.) However, I have some good news for you.

Tyler: You mean -- ?

Phil: This is a non-elimination leg and you are still in the Amazing Race! (Tyler & James cheer and high-five each other.) However, this means that the next leg, you will encounter a Speed Bump, which is a task that only you may perform. You're safe but you still have a long way to go.

James: We'll take it nonetheless.

Tyler: We're just glad to be racing!

Alex (confessional): At least we have a cushion over Tyler & James in the next leg.

Chris (confessional): But they're young and strong. They can overcome it easily.

Tammy (confessional): We need to pick up the pace next leg.

Victor (confessional): But we can hopefully beat Chris & Alex.

Megan (confessional): We burned our Express Pass on a non-elimination leg.

Cheyne (confessional): But we couldn't be sure it was non-elimination, honey.

Uchenna (confessional): We need to keep ahead of other teams.

Joyce (confessional): But Tyler & James's Speedbump helps us.

Kisha (confessional): I think we can make the finals again.

Jen (confessional): Providing we don't get another U-Turn!

Nat (confessional): We need to remain strong and smart.

Kat (confessional): And we also need luck on our side.

Okay, tomorrow is the next edition of Elimination Station.

06-09-11, 07:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-11 AT 07:47 PM (EST)

Okay, here is the latest installation of Elimination Station:

At Birkenhead Manor Guest House later that afternoon, the four teams are relaxing in the lounge before they prepare to go out for dinner.

B.J.: I wonder if anybody's coming soon.

TK: There were three teams eliminated in three legs.

Nick: Yeah. But that doesn't mean anything.

Rob: We'll probably find out once we get back.

They go out to Bayfront Blu, near Two Oceans Aquariums, where they have a reservation. They have a good dinner and when they return to Elimination Station:

Starr: I see a note from the production, guys!

When the four teams go to take a look:

Rachel: There's no sign that we have to wait here.

Tyler: Which means it's non-elimination.

Brennan: So we'd better find out what to do.

Rob: We went to Table Mountain before a team came here.

Brennan: Yeah, and we also went surfing in Muizenberg!

B.J.: Then we went with you on a safari!

Tyler: I had a lot of fun during it, B.J.

TK: Then we went on a tour of the winelands.

Rachel (smiling): You really liked the wine.

Nick: And then we all went to Robben Island.

Starr: It was a real interesting experience!

They ask the clerk at the front desk for stuff they could do tomorrow.

Clerk: Well, there's always skydiving at Skydive Cape Town or paragliding tandem at ParaTaxi. You can also do helicopter tours and other stuff.

Nick: Let's do the skydiving tomorrow.

They all quickly agree and spend the rest of the evening hanging out by the pool.

Tyler: Tomorrow should be real fun!

TK: Yeah, although I'd rather be still racing.

Rob: Agreed. But we must make the best of it.

The next morning, they have breakfast before heading over to Skydive Cape Town.

Starr: I think this will be a blast!

As B.J. & Tyler's plane takes off:

B.J.: I'm glad I got to do this.

Rachel: This is something I always wanted to do.

Brennan: This is a really nice vacation for us.

Later, they have lunch and go to the Two Ocean Aquarium. Finally, they have dinner in another location before returning to Elimination Station.

Okay, I'm going to be taking part in an open-mike night at a Christian coffe house tomorrow night, so I might post the next chapter tomorrow afternoon. But I have something very interesting planned for the next leg -- like being reminded of the difference between unleaded gas and diesel and why you should always check to see which fuel your car takes in Europe before putting fuel in it. It should be really fun for us, if not so fun for the teams who fail to check and wind up having their engines go kablooey.

06-09-11, 08:54 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
It's been a while since a team has done that, especially in Europe, hasn't it?

06-10-11, 12:50 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Amazing Race, Winners' Edition, Episode 6"
Since Season 6, at least. But what I'm really looking back on is Season 3 with Aaron & Arianne, Flo & Zach, Michael & Kathy and Teri & Ian all putting unleaded in their gas tanks instead of diesel -- and all four cars breaking down! I think Estee will be laughing her head off, and I hope others do too -- even if the teams who will have this misfortune won't be laughing.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •