The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Belle Book 2205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-22-11, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-11 AT 11:45 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-22-11 AT 08:23 PM (EST)

Okay, here is the first part of the next leg:

Phil (voice-over): Previously on The Amazing Race, ten teams set out from Cusco, Peru and travelled all the way to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Nat & Kat helped Uchenna & Joyce get tickets on the first flight to São Paulo, thus contributing to Megan & Cheyne failing to get on the first flight. Once out of the airport in São Paulo, Nick & Starr were stuck with a bad taxi driver and then Starr got stuck with a bad horse at the Roadblock. Kisha & Jen chose a book-based Detour while Nat & Kat and Uchenna & Joyce chose a dancing one. Kisha & Jen were able to finish their Detour and come in first only to find out that they were still racing. Ten teams are left, who will be eliminated next?

We see the montage of teams before we see Phil with Kisha & Jen on the small mat.

Phil: Here is your next clue.

He hands over a clue envelope, which Kisha & Jen take and open.

Kisha: "Fly to MANAUS, BRAZIL!"

Phil (voice-over): Teams must head to the airport for domestic airlines and then fly all the way to Manaus, the capital of the Brazilian state of Amazonas. Once there, teams must make their way to the Rio Negro Palace, built by German farmers in "the golden age". Now a cultural center and theater, it's here that teams will find their next clue.

Jen: Let's get to the airport.

We return to the library at SESC Pompeia. Tyler & James are looking at the list of books when:

James: I see what we did wrong!

Tyler: So do I. Let's fix it.

Tyler & James head off and we see them getting a book off one of the shelves and put it in the right place. The librarian looks at the books -- then hands a clue envelope to them.

Tyler: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop!"

James: Let's go! I'm glad we're finished.

The former drug addicts rushed off as we cut to the dance studio, where Nick & Starr are performing while Megan & Cheyne are just getting ready to perform and TK & Rachel are still practicing. We then see the next team to arrive at the mat.

Phil: Uchenna & Joyce, this leg is not over yet. Here is your next clue.

Joyce: "Fly to Manaus, Brazil and find the Rio Negro Palace."

Uchenna: Let's return to the airport and get the first flight.

As they leave, we see the third team arrive.

Phil: Nat & Kat, you are the third team to arrive.

Nat: Did we get a penalty?

Phil: No, you're still racing. Here is your next clue.

Kat: "Fly to Manaus!" Wow!

The doctors rush off as we cut to the dance studio where we see Nick & Starr finishing their routine. Megan & Cheyne continue their routine as the dance instructor hands over an envelope to Nick & Starr.

Nick: We're heading to the Pit Stop!

Starr: And we'll get to rest there!

They rush off as we cut to the library, where B.J. & Tyler and Chris & Alex are stacking books on the shelf. We then cut to Uchenna & Joyce's taxi where:

Joyce: There are two airports in São Paulo?

First Taxi Driver: Yes. One is for international flights, one is for domestic ones.

Uchenna: I guess we want the one for domestic flights.

We then cut to the Pit Stop, where the fourth team arrives:

Phil: Tammy & Victor, this leg is not over yet. Here is your next clue.

Tammy: "Fly to Manaus, Brazil."

Victor: Let's get going then.

As they leave, we cut to the dance studio where Megan & Cheyne finish their performance and wait for the dance instructor to tell them if they did well or not. After a moment, the dance instructor hands over a clue envelope.

Megan: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Cheyne: At least we're not in last place.

We then cut to the library, where B.J. & Tyler are just putting away the last book. They signal to the librarian, who checks it out -- and hands them a clue envelope.

B.J.: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Tyler: We're done! And we'll be just fine!

They rush out as Chris & Alex continue stacking books while TK & Rachel do their routine. Meanwhile, the fifth team arrives at the Pit Stop:

Phil: Tyler & James, you are the fifth team to arrive, but this leg is not over yet.

Tyler: So where are we going now?

James: "Fly to Manaus, Brazil."

They return to their taxi as we see TK & Rachel finish their routine and look at the dance instructor. They then get their clue envelope.

TK: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Rachel: Let's hope we're not in last, TK.

As they leave, we cut to the library, where we see Chris & Alex finish the books and see the librarian give them their clue.

Alex: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Chris: I sure hope we're not in last place!

They leave as we cut to Nat & Kat's taxi, where Nat is talking to someone on the phone. Finally she finishes talking and returns the phone to the driver.

Nat: All the flights leaving today for Manaus are full!

Kat: So we have to get a flight that leaves tomorrow.

Nat: We have tickets on the first flight tomorrow.

Kat: So we can just pick the tickets up at the airport!

At the domestic airport:

Jen: What time does the earliest flight to Manaus arrive?

Ticket Agent: The first flight is a TAM Airlines flight that departs at 6:42 am tomorrow morning. In Brasilia, you can connect to another TAM Airlines flight which arrives at 11:48.

Kisha: We'd like to get two tickets on that flight, please.

Meanwhile, we see the next team arrive at the Pit Stop:

Phil: Nick & Starr, this leg is not over yet.

Nick: So much for resting this leg.

Starr: "Fly to Manaus." Let's go!

They rush off as we cut to B.J. & Tyler's taxi. Suddenly:

B.J.: Uh-oh. That's not a good sound!

Second Taxi Driver: We have a flat tire.

Tyler: Of all the rotten, stupid luck!

We then cut to the airport, where Uchenna & Joyce get the same info that Kisha & Jen got.

Joyce: How many seats are available on the first flight?

Ticket Agent: Six.

Uchenna: Then we'd like to have two tickets on that flight.

Uchenna & Joyce get the tickets and as they leave, we see Nat & Kat enter the airport and head to the counter.

Nat: Hi, we have reservations for the first flight to Manaus.

Ticket Agent: Ah yes. Nat & Kat. Here they are.

Kat: Thanks. Well, let's go to a hotel and get some rest.

We then cut to the next team to arrive:

Phil: Megan & Cheyne, here is your next clue.

Megan: "Fly to Manaus, Brazil."

Cheyne: Back to the airport.

We see B.J. & Tyler putting the spare tire on their taxi, then cut to the airport, where:

Tammy: The earliest flight arrives at 11:48 am tomorrow?

Ticket Agent: Yes. Four seats are still available.

Victor: In that case, we'll get two tickets for that flight.

We then see B.J. & Tyler getting back in their car and going on their way as we see the eighth team arrive:

Phil: TK & Rachel, you are the eighth team to arrive, but you are still racing.

TK: We're flying to Manaus!

Rachel: Time to get going.

We then see Tyler & James arrive at the airport, where:

Tyler: We got the last tickets on the first flight!

James: And best of all, we have a 3-hour lead! Wow!

We then cut to the mat, where Phil greets the ninth team:

Phil: Chris & Alex, you are the ninth team to arrive.

Chris: Wow! That's great!

Phil: However, this leg is not over yet.

Alex: "Fly to Manaus, Brazil."

They leave as we see Nick & Starr arrive at the airport, only to learn:

Nick: The first flight is already full?

Ticket Agent: That's right. The next flight you can get is a TAM Airlines flight that departs at 7:44 am and arrive in Manaus at 1:40 pm.

Starr: We'll take tickets on it, then.

We then cut to the mat as Phil greets the last team:

Phil: B.J. & Tyler, you are the last team to arrive. (B.J. & Tyler look unhappy.) However, the good news is that you're still racing. Here's your next clue.

B.J.: "Fly to Manaus, Brazil."

Tyler: Let's get going, then!

They rush to the airport, where Megan & Cheyne have just found out the news about the first flight.

Megan: So we can only get tickets on a later flight.

Ticket Agent: Yes. It arrives at 1:40 pm.

Cheyne: Almost two hours behind! They'll have to do.

We then cut to the following morning, where the first five teams board the first TAM flight and it departs right on time. Then we see three of the teams on the second flight do confessionals as they board their plane.

TK: We're in the back of the pack.

Rachel: We've got to hustle now!

Chris: We're always at the back of the pack.

Alex: I hope our luck can change in Manaus.

B.J.: I hope the flat tire isn't a sign of things to come.

Tyler: It sure would suck for us to be eliminated in Brazil.

Okay, I'm done the first part and I have a new question up: which female says the title quote? I'll take answers until tomorrow night, and the woman with the most answers will say the title quote.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... vince3 05-22-11 1
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Estee 05-23-11 2
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 05-23-11 3
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 05-23-11 4
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... vince3 05-23-11 5
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Estee 05-24-11 6
       RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 05-24-11 7
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 05-24-11 8
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... vince3 05-24-11 9
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... ARnutz 05-25-11 10
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 05-25-11 11
 RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 05-26-11 12
   RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... vince3 05-26-11 13
       RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Estee 05-27-11 14
       RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 05-27-11 15
           RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... vince3 05-27-11 16
               RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Editi... Belle Book 05-27-11 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 16880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-11, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Jen
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 46298 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-11, 05:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
How do they do it? How do they keep hitting NELs? How? Is there a special magical brand of marijuana that can only be found in Japan?

*mutter*

The title sounds like a Meganism.

*watermelonrhubarb*

05-23-11, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
The NEL (or to be more accurate, the TBC part) was planned before I wrote a single episode. Actually, the previous leg was originally planned to be an Elimination leg but I decided shortly before writing the episodes to make it a TBC, probably because the 18th season had two TBC legs. But if B.J. & Tyler get enough votes to finish last at the end of this leg, they'll be Philiminated.

05-23-11, 09:30 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Okay, we have a tie for who says the title and I'll break it:

It's 11:48 am and the first plane arrives in Manaus. All five teams rush out of the plane and through the airport, with Kisha & Jen being the first team out of the airport. They manage to grab a taxi.

Kisha: Take us to the Rio Negro Palace, please.

The taxi leaves shortly before Nat & Kat emerge from the airport. Fortunately, there are other taxis nearby and the doctors grab a second one.

Nat: The Rio Negro Palace! And hurry, please.

As Tyler & James emerge, the second taxi takes off with Nat & Kat inside. Tyler & James grab a third taxi.

Tyler: Do you know where the Rio Negro Palace is?

First Taxi Driver: Sure.

James: Then takes us there as fast as possible.

They drive off as the next team emerges.

Victor: TAXI! Ah, there's one!

Tammy: The Rio Negro Palace, please.

Finally, the last team emerges from the airport and grabs a taxi.

Uchenna: The Rio Negro Palace.

Joyce: And please hurry, sir!

The taxis race through the street, but one gains on another.

Kat: We're gaining on Kisha & Jen! Pass them!

Jen: STAY AHEAD OF THEM! (But they're passed.) Damn!

We see the first taxi arrive at the Rio Negro Palace and the team inside jumps out and looks for the cluebox. Finally, they spot it and open a clue envelope.

Nat: "Now make your way to INPA."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now make their way to the National Institute of Amazonian Research, also known as INPA. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Kat: Let's find out what it means.

They head back to their driver and ask him what INPA stands for.

First Taxi Driver: It's the National Institute of Amazonian Research. I know where it is.

He drives off as Kisha & Jen are the next to arrive, with Tyler & James right behind them.

Kisha: "Now make your way to INPA." Whatever that means.

Tyler: "Now make your way to INPA."

Jen: Hopefully our taxi driver knows what it means.

James: Do you know where INPA is?

Second Taxi Driver: Yes. I'll take you there.

The former drug addicts leave and are soon followed by the sisters. Then the siblings arrive.

Victor: "Now make your way to INPA."

Tammy: We need to know what it is.

After getting the info from their taxi driver, they leave just as Uchenna & Joyce arrive.

Uchenna: "Now make your way to INPA."

Joyce: I don't know what INPA means.

They get the info from their driver and are off. Meanwhile:

Tammy: We're gaining on Kisha & Jen!

Kisha: Don't let them pass us!

Victor: Yes! We got past those two!

Jen: Damn! Now we're in fourth!

However:

Tyler: Are we heading in the right direction?

Second Taxi Driver: Yes.

James: I hope the driver knows where INPA is.

We then see the first taxi arrive at Campus Alexios I, one of three INPA campuses in Manaus. Nat & Kat get out and look for the clue box. Then they spot it:

Nat: Detour! Gardens or Monkeys.

Phil: In this Detour, teams have to choose between two major attractions in the Brazilian Amazon region. The choice: Gardens or Monkeys. In Gardens, teams head over to the Adolpho Ducke Botanical Gardens and take a photo of three different plants native to the Amazon region: the Victoria amazonica, a water lily; a flowering magnolia tree and the common water hyacinth. Once the team has taken the photos, the guide will hand them their next clue. Taking photos ought to be easy, but the reserve is located east of Manaus near an ecological park that's an hour away! In Monkeys, teams head over to the Municipal Park of Mindu located inside Manaus and find a sauim-de-coleira, a species of monkeys that only grows in the Manaus area and is endangered. Once they locate a sauim-de-coleira, they'll be allowed to feed it some fruit. Once a sauim-de-coleira takes the fruit from the team, the guide will give them their next clue.

Kat: Let's see which is closer.

Nat & Kat return to their taxi.

Nat: Which is closer, the gardens or the park?

First Taxi Driver: The Adolpho Ducke Botanical Gardens are east of Manaus and about a half-hour to an hour away. The park is located in Manaus itself.

Kat: We're taking Monkeys then. It's closer.

They drive off as the second team arrives.

Tammy: Detour: Gardens or Monkeys?

Victor: Let's see which is closer.

After learning that the park is located in Manaus, they decide on Monkeys. Soon, the next team arrives.

Kisha: Detour! Gardens or Monkeys?

Jen: I think we should try Monkeys.

After they leave, we see Uchenna & Joyce arrive.

Joyce: Monkeys is in a municipal park.

Uchenna: Then let's go for Monkeys.

They head off to the park. Meanwhile:

Tyler: I don't think our driver knows where INPA is!

James: Let's bail and find a driver that can help us!

They bail and finally find a different taxi. The driver really knows where it is, so they get there quickly.

Tyler: Gardens or Monkeys?

James: Let's try Monkeys.

They head off. Meanwhile, Nat & Kat arrive at the municipal park and get a guide as well as a photo of what the sauim-de-coleira looks like. They head into the park, looking for the sauim-de-coleira. As they do so, Tammy & Victor arrive at the park. They too start looking for the monkey. They are soon followed by Kisha & Jen and Uchenna & Joyce. Finally, one team finds a sauim-de-coleira. A girl takes out a piece of fruit and holds it out to the monkey. After a moment's hesitation, the moneky heads over and takes the piece of fruit. The guide hands the team their next clue.

Nat: "Now make your way to the Teatros Amazonas."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now make their way to the Teatros Amazonas, an opera house built in the heyday of the rubber trade in the nineteenth century. It is here that teams will find their next clue.

Kat (to taxi driver): The Teatros Amazonas, please.

The taxi takes off with Nat & Kat in it as the other teams keep searching for the sauim-de-coleira. Finally, another team finds one and manages to get it to eat the fruit.

Jen: "Now make your way to the Teatros Amazonas."

Kisha: Let's go! And here comes Tyler & James!

Sure enough, Tyler & James are rushing into the park as Kisha & Jen are rushing out. The sisters are soon on their way, and then two teams finish at about the same time:

Tammy: "Now make your way to the Teatros Amazonas."

Uchenna: We need to go to the Teatros Amazonas.

Victor: Take us to the Teatros Amazonas quickly!

Joyce: Good job, honey. Let's get over there.

Both teams head out as we see Tyler & James attempting to find a sauim-de-coleira. As they're looking, we see a team arrive at the Opera House.

Nat: "Now go to Praia de Lua Beach."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now make their way to Praia de Lua Beach, a few kilometers from Ponta Negra Beach upstream the Rio Negro. Teams can only get to it by a motorized canoe from Estalagem de David.

Kat: We can only get there by boat.

Thus they ask their driver to take them to Estalagem de David, where they plan to take a motorized canoe. Shortly after they leave, two teams arrive at the same time.

Kisha: "Now go to Praia de Lua Beach."

Tammy: We're heading to the beach!

Jen: We can only get there by canoe!

Victor: But we can go to get one.

They return to their taxis and are soon on their way. As Tyler & James finally find a sauim-de-coleira, we see Uchenna & Joyce arrive at the opera house.

Uchenna: "Now go to Praia de Lua Beach."

Joyce: We can only get there by a canoe.

They return to their taxis as we see Tyler & James successfully feed the sauim-de-coleira and receive their next clue.

Tyler: "Now make your way to Teatros Amazonas."

James: Let's hope our driver knows where it is!

Their driver knows, and they soon are on their way. As they head off, we see Nat & Kat arrive at Estalagem de David and get inside a motorized canoe for the trip up the river.

Nat: This is such a pretty place!

Kat: We need the Amazon rainforest.

Okay, tomorrow will be the Roadblock for the first five teams and the arrival of the second five teams. I want you to vote on which of the following teams -- Kisha & Jen, Nat & Kat, Tammy & Victor and Uchenna & Joyce -- will be the winners of this leg and get an Amazon tour as their prize. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the team with the most votes will win the leg. Personally, I'd like Nat & Kat to win it.

05-23-11, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Tammy/Victor

05-24-11, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Feeding monkeys. Sure, no way that could ever go wrong.

Hmmm. Well, there's more non-listening bipeds ahead, and no one's had more experience putting up with one than Tammy...

05-24-11, 04:48 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Well, it might go wrong with one of the back-marker teams.

In any case, the next part will be coming up tonight.

05-24-11, 08:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Well, we have a majority of the votes, so I'll do the Roadblock for the first five teams, get up to the Detour choice for the backmarkers, and reveal the winning team:

Not long after Nat & Kat depart Estalagem de David, Tammy & Victor arrive, grab a marked motorsized canoe and are off. As they are leaving, Kisha & Jen arrive and get a third marked motorsized canoe. We now see Tyler & James arrive at Teatro Amazonas and find their next clue.

Tyler: "Now go to Praia de Lua Beach."

James: I wonder where that place is.

The two guys leave as we see Uchenna & Joyce arrive at Estalagem de David, grab a marked motorsized canoe, and go on their way. We then see Praia de Lua Beach and see ten men dressed in white starched suits with straw hats and ten young women dressed in nice dresses. The first motorsized canoe arrives and Nat & Kat jump off it and reach the clue box on the shore.

Nat: It's a Roadblock. "Who likes dancing with dolphins?"

Phil: In this Roadblock, teams will be taking part in a skit that will be part of this year's Amazon Folklore Festival. One of the most prevalent beliefs in the Brazilian Amazon is that some pink river dolphins are able to transform into men and seduce women. This skit will have the chosen teammate either take the part of a dolphin in human form or the woman he chooses to court. They will dance on the beach, but instead of being seduced by him, the woman will be able to outwit him. If the teammate is able to perform the skit to the satisfaction of the judge, the team will be given their next clue.

Kat: I'll do it. (She looks at the info.) This is unique!

She picks one of the ten guys and they are given a script which they practice (Kat's lines have an English translation along with the original Portuguese.) As she's practicing, the next team arrives.

Victor: Roadblock! Shall I do it?

Tammy: I'll do it. It seems easy.

She also is surprised when she finds out what the task involves but goes off to practice as Kisha & Jen arrive.

Kisha: Roadblock! I'll do it, Jen.

Jen: This is certainly interesting!

Kisha goes to practice as well as we see Tyler & James arrive at Estalagem de David, grab a fifth motorsized canoe and take off. Back at Praia de Lua Beach, Kat is ready to do the skit and she goes with the guy she chose to perform the skit as Uchenna & Joyce arrive.

Uchenna: It's a Roadblock!

Joyce: I'll take this one.

Joyce is fairly surprised but goes to practice as Kat performs her skit. The judge watches as Kat dances very well and the guy with her flirts up a storm.

Nat (confessional): This was the most unique Roadblock ever!

Kat (confessional): Yeah, but it was still really fun for me.

Finally, Kat finishes by leaving her partner stranded on the beach before turning to the judge. The judge is silent for a moment, then hands over a clue envelope. Kat takes it and runs over to Nat as Tammy heads out to do her routine.

Nat: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop: Mercado Municipal."

Phil (voice-over): Teams must now return to Estalagem de David and then make their way to the Mercado Municipal. Built in imitation of the Les Halles Market in Paris, the city's main market is the Pit Stop for this leg of the race. The last team to check in here may be eliminated.

Kat: We probably should return to Estalagem de David first.

As they rush off, Tammy performs the skit. She's as good as Kat is and soon has her partner stranded on the beach. The judge also likes the routine and hands her a clue envelope.

Victor: We're heading to Mercado Municipal.

Tammy: And it's the Pit Stop! Let's go!

They head out as we see Tyler & James arrive.

Tyler: Roadblock! "Who likes dancing with dolphins?"

James: Pardon me, but huh? I think you should do it.

Tyler is even more surprised when he finds out what the task entails, but he begins practicing as Kisha performs her skit with her partner. She does well enough in the dancing that once she's finished, the judge also hands her the clue envelope.

Jen: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop: Mercado Municipal!"

Kisha: Let's go! You know, stranding that guy was really fun!

Jen (confessional): I've heard of unusual folklore before.

Kisha (confessional): And this was certainly one of them.

They leave as Joyce begins her skit and Tyler continues practicing his. Meanwhile, we see the second plane arrive at the airport. All five teams rush out.

Cheyne: TAXI! Ah, we got one!

Megan: Rio Negro Palace, please.

Nick: Take us to the Rio Negro Palace!

Starr: And do so as fast as possible!

B.J.: We need to go to the Rio Negro Palace.

Tyler: Do you know where that place is, sir?

Third Taxi Driver: Yes.

TK: We're going to the Rio Negro Palace.

Rachel: And please get us there quickly!

Chris: We're last -- again.

Alex: The Rio Negro Palace.

As the taxis leave the airport, Joyce finishes her skit, leaving her partner stranded. The judge nods -- and hands over a clue envelope to her.

Joyce: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop!"

Uchenna: Let's go! You did a real good job.

Joyce (confessional): This was a good leg for us.

Uchenna (confessional): But we can't fall behind.

As Tyler continues practicing the skit (he's having trouble with the dancing), B.J. & Tyler are having problems.

B.J.: Driver asking people for directions. Not good.

Tyler: I think he might be unfamiliar with Manaus, B.J.

We then see Nat & Kat arrive back at Estalagem de David, grab a taxi and go on their way. They are soon followed by Tammy & Victor. Back at Praia de Lua Beach, Tyler is ready to do the skit and begins but he stumbles during the dancing and has to practice it again. Meanwhile, a team arrives at Rio Negro Palace and finds the clue box.

Megan: "Now make your way to INPA."

Cheyne: Let's get over there, then.

As we see Kisha & Jen arrive at Estalagem de David, we see the next team arrive at Rio Negro Palace.

Nick: "Now make your way to INPA."

Starr: I wonder what that means.

They get the info from their driver and are on their way. At the same time, we're on the way to the Mercado Municipal.

Nat: Uh-oh. I see a taxi behind us.

Kat: It looks like Tammy & Victor.

Tammy: I think that's Nat & Kat!

Victor: Catch up to them, please!

The taxis arrive at the market at about the same time and both teams rush inside, looking for Phil. It's a race to the mat but one team gets there first:

Native Greeter: Welcome to Manaus, Brazil.

Victor: Thank you.

Phil: Tammy & Victor, you are team number one! (Tammy & Victor cheer and hug as we see Nat & Kat standing right behind them.) And I have some good news for you. As the winners of this leg of the race, you have won a tour of the Amazon.

Tammy: Oh my god!

Phil: You will take part in the Amazon Riders 7-day Anaconda tour of the Rio Negro and Ariau Rivers. You will get to visit three indigenous communities: the Ipixuna community, the Sahu Ape one and the Dessanas one. And in Sahu Ape, you will witness the mystic Tucandeira welcome ritual, iniciated by the Shaman (indian doctor)of the Sahu Ape. And you can enjoy all this after the race. Nat & Kat, would you please come in here? (The doctors get onto the mat.) Nat & Kat, you are team number two.

Nat: Maybe it's just as well we came in second.

Kat: Yeah, your diabetes would be a challenge.

Victor (confessional): This was the perfect ending for this leg!

Tammy (confessional): And best of all, we'll get a tour of the Amazon!

We then cut to the Rio Negro Palace, where the next team arrives.

TK: "Now make your way to INPA."

Rachel: And what does INPA mean?

As they leave, we see Tyler do his skit. This time, he dances well and gets the clue envelope.

Tyler: "Make your way to the next Pit Stop."

James: That'll be the best part! Let's go!

They leave as we see the next team arrive at Rio Negro Palace.

Chris: "Now make your way to INPA."

Alex: Let's find out what that is.

They get the info from their cab driver as we see the third team arrive at the Pit Stop.

Phil: Kisha & Jen, you are team number three.

Kisha: Third place! Not bad.

Jen: We're happy with that!

We then see B.J. & Tyler finally arrive at the Rio Negro Palace.

Tyler: "Now make your way to INPA."

B.J.: And let's find a better driver!

They ditch their taxi and look for another one, but it takes some time to find a good taxi driver who knows where INPA is. When they do, they are on their way. Meanwhile, the fourth team arrives at Mercado Municipal.

Phil: Uchenna & Joyce, you are team number four.

Uchenna: That's not too bad.

Joyce: But we can do better.

We then cut to Estalagem de David, where Tyler & James get a taxi to go to Mercado Municipal before cutting to Campus Alexios I, where the sixth team arrives.

Megan: Detour! Gardens or Monkeys? Which one?

Cheyne: Monkeys is in a municipal park, Megan.

The newlyweds head over to Monkeys as we see the fifth team arrive at Mercado Municipal.

Phil: Tyler & James, you are team number five.

Tyler: We'll take that today.

James: Yeah, we'll take it.

We then cut back to Campus Alexios I, where the seventh team arrives and finds the Detour clue.

Nick: Monkeys is in a municipal park.

Starr: We'll take Monkeys in that case.

They head off and we see B.J. & Tyler riding to INPA when:

Tyler: Now what?

Fourth Taxi Driver: The tire blew out.

B.J.: We're doomed!

Incidentally, the idea that some dolphins can turn into humans really is a part of Brazilian (and Peruvian) Amazon folklore. According to folklore, there are supernatural creatures known as encantados or "the enchanted ones". They're akin to fairies and usually live underwater in a fabulous place which is called the Encante. Most encantados take the form of either an anaconda (called the Cobra Grande) or a dolphin, but only the dolphins which are encantados generally take on human form. I have a couple of books about these dolphins and I'm fascinated enough with them that I chose to include them in this leg.

Anyway, it's time for you to decide which will be the last team to arrive. I'll take votes until tomorrow night and the team with the most votes will be eliminated.

05-24-11, 11:15 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Chris/Alex

ARnutz 13419 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-11, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
BJ & Tyler

05-25-11, 09:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Well, we have a tie for last place, but I'm breaking the tie, so here are the results:

We see B.J. & Tyler get out and despite their frustration they help the driver take the tire off the car and put a spare one on. Once that's done, they are on their way. Meanwhile, we see the eighth team arrive.

TK: Detour: Gardens or Monkey?

Rachel: I think Monkeys is best.

As they leave, we see Megan & Cheyne arrive at the Municipal Park of Mindu and go looking for a sauim-de-coleira, fruit in hand. We then see Chris & Alex arrive at INPA.

Chris: Detour: Gardens or Monkeys?

Alex: I think we should do Monkeys.

After they leave, we see Megan & Cheyne spot a sauim-de-coleira and offer it fruit. The monkey takes the fruit and the guide gives them a clue envelope.

Megan: "Now make your way to Praia de Lua Beach."

Cheyne: Let's get going. We need to stay ahead!

As they leave, they pass Nick & Starr. The siblings look for a sauim-de-coleira to feed as well and quickly find one as well.

Nick: "Now make your way to Praia de Lua Beach."

Starr: I wonder where that is. Let's find out.

They leave as we see B.J. & Tyler finally arrive at INPA.

B.J.: Detour: Gardens or Monkeys?

Tyler: Let's do the Monkeys one.

They head out as we see Megan & Cheyne arrive at Estalagem de David and go off in a motorized canoe. We then see TK & Rachel arrive at the park and look for a sauim-de-coleira. They find one and manage to feed it, thus obtaining the next clue.

TK: "Now make your way to Praia de Lua Beach."

Rachel: Let's get going! We can't fall behind!

They scramble off as we see Nick & Starr arrive at Estalagem de David, grab another motorized canoe and go off. We then see Chris & Alex arrive at the park and look for a sauim-de-coleira. Unfortunately, the monkeys seem to be hiding from them. As they're searching, we see Megan & Cheyne arrive at Praia de Lua Beach and find the Roadblock.

Cheyne: Roadblock! "Who likes dancing with dolphins?"

Megan: I'll do it. (She looks at the info.) Oh, wow!

We see Megan start practicing the skit as we see Chris & Alex finally find a sauim-de-coleira and feed it.

Chris: "Now make your way to Praia de Lua Beach."

Alex: We're probably in last, but let's get going.

They rush off and get in their taxi. As their taxi's leaving, the one with B.J. & Tyler arrives. They too begin looking for a sauim-de-coleira as the next team arrives at the Roadblock.

Nick: It's a Roadblock!

Starr: I'll do it, Nick.

She looks surprised when she reads what she has to do, but she goes to practice with a partner as we see TK & Rachel arrive at Estalagem de David and go off in a motorized canoe. We then cut back to the park where B.J. & Tyler manage to feed a sauim-de-coleira and get their next clue.

B.J.: "Now make your way to Praia de Lua Beach."

Tyler: Maybe we should get a better taxi first.

They pay their driver and then get into a third one. We then see Megan is ready to do her skit and she begins dancing with the guy who's dressed like a Dolphin in human form.

Megan: I'm dancing with a Dolphin -- well, sort of.

We catch a glimpse of Chris & Alex getting a motorized canoe at Estalagem de David before returning to Praia de Lua Beach, where we see Megan finish the skit by leaving her partner stranded on the beach. The judge reflects -- then hands a clue envelope over to Megan, who gives it to Cheyne.

Cheyne: "Now make your way to the next PIT STOP!"

They rush off as Starr goes to do the skit with her partner. As Megan & Cheyne go in their motorized canoe, we see TK & Rachel approaching the beach. They get to the Roadblock clue as Starr is dancing.

TK: Roadblock, Rachel!

Rachel: I'm doing it.

She heads off to practice as we see Starr continue the skit, finally leaving her partner stranded. The judge also approves of how Starr did.

Nick: "Now make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Starr: At least we're not in last. Let's go!

They rush off as Rachel continues practicing. We see B.J. & Tyler arrive at Estalagem de David and grab the last motorized canoe before cutting back to Praia de Lua Beach, where Chris & Alex have just arrived.

Chris: Roadblock. Who's doing this one?

Alex: I think you should do this one now.

At this point, Rachel is ready and she begins the skit. As Chris practices the dancing and the lines, Rachel does a good job first of being interested, then of being suspicious and finally of being evasive. Once she strands her partner, she looks over to the judge -- who hands her a clue envelope.

TK: "Now make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Rachel: Well, at least we're not in last place.

As they leave, we see Megan & Cheyne getting a taxi so they could go to Mercado Municipal. Back on Praia de Lua Beach, Chris is ready to do the skit. He begins flirting with his partner and dancing with her. He does a good job with the dancing and with the lines. As Chris finishes the skit, B.J. & Tyler finally arrive.

B.J.: Roadblock. Who's a better dancer?

Tyler: Does it matter now? You do it.

Meanwhile, Chris receives the clue envelope from the judge.

Chris: "Now make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Alex: I just saw B.J. & Tyler! We're not last!

The excited lifelong friends head off as B.J. practices. We then see Nick & Starr get into a taxi before cutting back to Praia de Lua Beach, where B.J. seems to be ready to do the skit. As he begins flirting and dancing, we see TK & Rachel arrive at Estalagem de David and grab a taxi. We then see B.J. finish and look at the judge. The judge approves and hands over a clue envelope.

B.J.: "Now make your way to the next Pit Stop."

Tyler: Finally! The end of our awful leg!

They rush off as we see Chris & Alex arrive at Estalagem de David and grab a taxi. We then see the sixth team arrive.

Phil: Megan & Cheyne, you are team number six.

Megan: We're happy with that.

Cheyne: Yeah -- we're safe!

We then see B.J. & Tyler grab a taxi before we see the seventh team arrive.

Phil: Nick & Starr, you're team number seven.

Nick: We'll do better next leg.

Starr: Yeah -- we'll do better.

We then see Chris & Alex and B.J. & Tyler racing through the streets of Manaus before we see the eighth team arrive.

Phil: TK & Rachel, you're team number eight!

Rachel: Better than last.

TK: But it's not great.

We then see a taxi arrive at Mercado Municipal. We follow a team through the market and to the mat.

Phil: Chris & Alex, you are team number nine.

Chris: We did it, Alex!

Alex: We're not in last!

They high-five, and then we see B.J. & Tyler approach the mat.

B.J.: Oy vey, what a leg!

Native Greeter: Welcome to Manaus, Brazil.

Tyler (wearily): Thanks.

Phil: B.J. & Tyler, you are the last team to arrive. (B.J. & Tyler look frustrated.) I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the Race.

Tyler: We just had a Murphy's Law leg.

B.J.: Whatever could go wrong, did so.

Tyler (confessional): It sucks to be eliminated second.

B.J. (confessional): But at least we're still winners.

Tyler (confessional): We're just not two-time winners.

B.J. (confessional): And we'll always be best friends.

We then see them walk away.

Okay, I'm going to do the Elimination Station part tomorrow. As you can see, I chose to have B.J. & Tyler get eliminated.

05-26-11, 07:11 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-11 AT 07:12 PM (EST)

Okay, here is the Eliminated Station leg:

Back at Birkenhead Manor Boutique Guest House, we see Rob & Brennan relaxing by the pool after a nice breakfast.

Rob: We were told that a team would be arriving soon.

Brennan: So we're waiting for that team to arrive.

Rob: We think we'll see Chris & Alex.

At 12:15, a limo arrives outside the Birkenhead Manor Boutique Guest House and B.J. & Tyler step out of it. By this time, Rob & Brennan have gone into the lounge to await the team. When they see who has arrived:

Brennan: Oh my god! It's B.J. & Tyler!

Rob: We didn't expect you to be here this soon!

B.J.: We didn't expect to be here this soon either.

Brennan: What happened to get you two eliminated?

Tyler: Just one of those Murphy's Law legs, I guess.

B.J.: Well, we made the mistake of not getting tickets on the first flight to São Paulo quickly enough.

Tyler: But we thought we'd still be a-okay. But towards the end of our time there, things went wrong.

B.J.: Our taxi got a flat tire and we were the last to arrive.

Tyler: Still, they were continuing the leg, so we were safe.

Rob: We never had that happen to us!

Brennan: That is a new development.

B.J.: Yeah, and we thought we'd have a chance in Manaus.

Tyler: But when we arrived, we got a bad taxi cab driver!

Brennan: Ouch!

Rob: I agree.

B.J.: Then we ditched our taxi first chance we got.

Tyler: Only our second taxi got a flat tire as well!

B.J.: We finally got the taxi problems straightened out.

Tyler: But it was too late. We were too far behind now.

Brennan: I'm really sorry for you two.

Rob: Yeah. That must've been frustrating!

B.J.: You said it! But we're here now.

Tyler: And we can just rest and relax!

We then see B.J. & Tyler go out with Rob & Brennan to a nice restaurant in Cape Town as we hear further confessionals from the two teams.

Rob: It was a shock seeing B.J. & Tyler come in.

Brennan: We didn't expect to see them this soon.

B.J.: This is a nice place to get over our frustration.

Tyler: And at least seeing Cape Town should be real fun.

We see B.J., Brennan, Rob & Tyler travelling to the Victoria and Albert Waterfront the next day.

Rob: Who do you think we'll see next?

Tyler: Probably Chris & Alex.

Brennan: We're thinking the same thing.

B.J.: They're in real trouble.

Okay, tomorrow I'll begin the next episode -- and I'm going to have all the teams on the same flight this time, since I just saw that one flight plan has an arrival time at the next location in the afternoon and the next one has an arrival time in the evening. But for now, let me know how you liked the leg.

05-26-11, 08:27 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-11 AT 08:27 PM (EST)

I liked the leg, it was just the result that I wasn't necessarily happy about... but then again, it's probably my own fault for not voting them onto the first flight in Leg 2...

Oh well, there will always be TAR9...

05-27-11, 07:40 AM (EST)
14. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
Whereas I was just happy to see them finally hit a Pit Stop where the mat dropped out from under them.

05-27-11, 05:16 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
So that's why you wanted Chris & Alex gone, Vince3 -- you were Tyler in the BTAR9 game! Well, I have a funny feeling that Chris & Alex will be gone soon enough next leg. Incidentally, I liked B.J. & Tyler more than Nick & Starr (and actually a little more than Tyler & James), but nobody wanted Nick & Starr out, I knew Estee wanted B.J. & Tyler out bad and I liked Chris & Alex a little more.

05-27-11, 05:26 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
I'm pretty sure what irked her (and a few others that watched that season) is that the Hippies are the only team to escape two NEL Phil Muggings and still win the whole thing... (I think that's why they next went to that Marked for Elimination penalty, which eventually morphed into the Speed Bump... taking of possessions/money didn't work...)

05-27-11, 07:21 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Amazing Race Winner's Edition: Episode 3: I'm Dancing With a Dolphin -- Well, Sort Of"
That's probably one reason why Estee hated the Hippies, although that may not be the only reason. But yeah, that's probably why they went to the Marked for Elimination penalty and then to the Speed Bump. Personally, I prefer the Marked for Elimination one to the Speed Bump and I might use that when I have an NEL.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •