The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-07, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-07 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

Now that Fiji is over, it's off to this summer's project - the previously announced Survivor: All-Stars II.

This thread will be for the preview of the season, including some pre-show articles (all written by me, Zoidberg, and designed to mimic actual real-life publications.) This season will be in a similar format to my last season, but somewhat different since I am working with mostly actual castaways and not fictional ones as I was in Japan.

The castaways will be from as far back as Pearl Islands and will be as recent as Fiji (Japan, actually; in my timeline, Survivor: China never happens and is replaced by Survivor: Japan, which airs this fall.) Therefore, there will be seven actual seasons represented and my own fictional season.

The story will read as an actual episode, just like my last season; however, to capture some of the reaction and questions surrounding each episode, I will be incorporating news stories, blogs, and a few CBS.com features into each episode. I've decided against doing DVD commentary, at least for now, on each episode, mainly because it's too difficult to give what the castaways are thinking without giving away what they were thinking in future episodes (and risk either giving away or contradicting the ending.) Also, commentary with too many people is a nightmare, and if I selectively place castaways as commentators, it might give away the episode's boot or it might risk failing to develop some characters.

This thread is designed for any questions you might have; it's also designed for my pre-show articles and cast announcements. (And yes, my show has winners. Deal with it.)

Episode 1 goes up next Monday, with the intent of putting up a new episode every week until the finale.

Also, here are the links to the Japan episodes, for those who haven't read them.

Episode 1: "What Are They Trying to Do, Make Us Lazy?"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4187.shtml

Episode 2: "If They Have a Problem With It, They Can Look Elsewhere"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4196.shtml

Episode 3: "You Have to Learn to Beat Me"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4198.shtml

Episode 4: "Do You Ever Lose At This Game?"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4201.shtm

Episode 5: "I Just Hope I Don't Get Bored Without Someone to Vote Off"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4207.shtml

Episode 6: "Have You Smelled Yourself Lately?"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4212.shtml

Episode 7: "Oh, Every Challenge Is the Most Important Ever"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4215.shtml

Episode 8: "You People Will Pry My Red Buff Off of My Cold, Dead Body"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4220.shtml

Episode 9: "I Wish People Ate Chicken with Breakfast"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4226.shtml

Episode 10: "Wow, I've Seen Everything."
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4238.shtml

Episode 11: "I Can't Say You're Not an Innovator"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4252.shtml

Episode 12: "I Thought I'd Come to Your Place Tomorrow Night"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4278.shtml

Episode 13: "I'm In an Alliance With a Pathological Liar"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4287.shtml

Finale and Reunion: "Samurai Come Tumbling Down"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/4301.shtml

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 1
 RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 2
 RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 3
   RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Estee 05-14-07 6
 RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 4
 RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 5
   RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Estee 05-14-07 7
       RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 8
           RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Wacko Jacko 05-14-07 9
               RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-St... Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 10
               What's going on here. Estee 05-14-07 11
                   RE: What's going on here. Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 12
                       RE: What's going on here. Wacko Jacko 05-14-07 13
                           RE: What's going on here. vince3 05-14-07 14
                           RE: What's going on here. Estee 05-14-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-14-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
TVGuide.com Interview: Jeff Probst Speaks

Possible "Survivor" swan song with an All-Star cast?

In May 2000, Survivor debuted in Borneo with sixteen people of different walks of life, were marooned on two separate beaches. America tuned in to see Richard Hatch, a corporate consultant from Rhode Island, take home the $1 million prize for winning the jury vote at the end of the season. Ratings continued to stay high for the first eight seasons, the last of which culminated in Amber Brkich winning the All-Stars jury vote and accepting a marriage proposal from boyfriend and All-Stars runner-up Rob Mariano.
Unfortunately, for many Survivor alumni and for the show's producers, life after All-Stars hasn't been so rosy. Ratings have declined and bottomed out during the fourteenth season, Survivor: Fiji, a season marked by a twist that many declared a mistake. Attempts to reconcile the show during the subsequent Japan season fell on deaf ears to many; presently, the sixteenth season, the upcoming All-Stars II, is the last season that has been ordered by CBS.

To preview the upcoming season of Survivor and to discuss the possibility of this being the final season, we talked to hose Jeff Probst before production of the season began.

TVGuide.com: Tell me a little about what makes this upcoming season different from past seasons - in particular, the first attempt at an All-Star season.
Jeff Probst: Well, the biggest thing we did differently was that we cast people who were sure to play the game for what it is - a game. We didn't want to damage friendships this time around, and we certainly didn't want anyone quitting. We made sure that there were no outside forces that would cause people to quit. We wanted players. Nothing against Jenna from the first All-Stars, but we didn't want a repeat of that incident.

TVGuide.com: Can you tell us a little about the last season? For the first time in several seasons, ratings actually improved from one season to the next; the Japan finale attracted 22 million viewers. What did you do differently in Japan?
Jeff Probst: For Cook Islands, we separated players based on ethnicity because people complained about the lack of ethnic diversity. The casting for Fiji was done the same way. However, a lot of people were upset that we recruited so heavily and from concentrated areas, so all the people who were cast in the Japan season were applicants. We also cast from all over the country. Harriet even applied as far back as Exile Island, and we almost placed Maria in the Fiji cast after her application for The Amazing Race with her friend Laura.

TVGuide.com: Speaking of Maria and Laura...
Jeff Probst: The problem with Laura was that she didn't want to take the time off work. If she were more into the Race, we never would have gotten our hands on either of them. Maria is such a free spirit and is really a joy to talk to; we had to have her back. She loved playing the game, and she was easily my favorite person to talk to at Tribal Council. She was so brutally honest.

TVGuide.com: Come on now. You're not getting off that easily. What was with her being naked all the time? And do I dare ask about Laura's visit?
Jeff Probst: We had no control over that; they did what they wanted to. We can't tell people to stay clothed and keep their hands to themselves; if we did that, it wouldn't be the social experiment that it is. Frankly, we had all kinds of people up in arms when Maria kissed Laura. Yet, at the same time, the ratings for our final two episodes shot up. Maria was a blessing for the show.

TVGuide.com: We know Maria's back for All-Stars. Who else was asked back from the Japan season?
Jeff Probst: We had a long list of people from the last seven seasons as well as a couple from before the first All-Stars. All in all, we asked eight people from Japan. Becky turned us down because she was playing basketball in Europe. Loretta was diagnosed with breast cancer right after the Reunion--

TVGuide.com: Wait a minute. So that's two Survivors who fell ill in Japan?
Jeff Probst: Sort of. Loretta said she would have loved to come back. She really pushed for Paula, though; we weren't prepared to ask Paula.

TVGuide.com: I have to ask - how's Charlie? There's no way he's in the upcoming season, but we have to ask anyway.
Jeff Probst: Don't be so sure. Charlie was chomping at the bit for another chance, and his heart attack was mild, so his doctor agreed to give him permission to come back. Believe me, we wanted him back.

TVGuide.com: So what can we expect you guys to have learned from the last All-Stars season that you don't want to repeat?
Jeff Probst: Funny you should ask. We don't want a repeat of the Richard-Sue incident, so we made a rule that says that clothes have to stay on during challenges. Maria was not pleased about this at all, and she fought us every step of the way, but the rule stands.

TVGuide.com: Do you anticipate the game affecting players in any adverse ways?
Jeff Probst: The people you never expect it to affect are always the ones that it affects. In the first All-Stars, we thought Sue would never let Richard get to her, but we all saw what happened. We had to be more careful in the future about that. That's part of the reason we allowed Melissa McNulty to excuse herself from the Fiji cast. We almost had to do the same in Japan.

TVGuide.com: Really. What happened in Japan?
Jeff Probst: After Charlie was medivac'd out of the game, the players all took it hard, but none harder than Paula. On Night 27, we held a Tribal Council where the remaining seven players voted Charlie out. Paula was up last, and throughout the entire Council, she was in tears. She could barely speak by the time it was her turn, and she spent a good 20 minutes in the booth kneeling over the urn unable to write Charlie's name down because she was so overcome with grief. I came into the booth to talk to her, and she actually asked me if she should leave the game. I called over Abdullah and Becky to talk to her, and they calmed her down.

TVGuide.com: This was from a woman who hated Charlie just a few days earlier.
Jeff Probst: I don't think we have ever seen a relationship with the same dynamic as Charlie and Paula. Paula actually explained in her earlier confessionals that she had difficulty relating to men and found herself judging them too quickly. She also said that she had just buried her mother two years before and never shed a single tear; she expected herself to be the stoic one for her grieving children. She was a headstrong leader who butted heads with Charlie until she figured out that she picked on the wrong guy.

TVGuide.com: By "the wrong guy," you mean...
Jeff Probst: Charlie was easily the most well-liked cast member in his season. The fans loved him, the cast loved him, and his departure was taken by the production team even harder than Gretchen's in the first season. Most people thought he was going to win. And here comes Paula bad-mouthing him in front of everyone. The fact that she attacked Charlie almost made her a persona non grata on her new tribe, and it nearly alienated her allies. If not for her act of contrition, she would almost certainly have been voted out next.

TVGuide.com: Is it true that Charlie and Paula are an item?
Jeff Probst: The official story from the two of them is no. We talked to both of them, and they said they had dated for a short time, but they were just staying friends.

TVGuide.com: So how does this affect them in the upcoming season?
Jeff Probst: Everything will be different this season, it seems like. For the first time, production will still be in progress when the first episode airs. This was so that the Japan cast could recover from their season before going on All-Stars. This does mean that all the issues aired during the show have since been resolved when they leave, so there's no mystery. Incidentally, if Charlie and Paula are actually a couple, we're not aware of it.

TVGuide.com: A lot has been raised over the immunity idol. Japan barely used it. Will it be back?
Jeff Probst: We're doing it differently. There is no Exile Island. However, the idol is buried in camp, and every time it's found, another idol replaces it. We also changed how people play it - the urn has a side compartment, and the idols each come with a rolled-up scroll of parchment. When someone wants to play the idol, they take out the parchment, put their name on it, and put it with the idol in the side compartment. It has to be played while voting, but the result isn't revealed until after the vote.

TVGuide.com: Can players play the idol on another person's behalf, or is it non-transferrable like the Japan idol?
Jeff Probst: They can play it for anyone. There's no rule about whether or not it's transferrable. It can't be passed during Tribal Council, but it can be played for someone else.

TVGuide.com: Last two questions. When will the cast be announced and where are we going?
Jeff Probst: The complete cast will be announced three days from now, when everyone's already begun playing, and we're in French Polynesia. The Gambier Islands, specifically. Each tribe has its own island, and there were a lot of them for use this season. In Japan, we had to reuse the same islands a lot, but this time, we didn't.

TVGuide.com: Jeff, thanks for talking to us, and we look forward to hearing all about this season when it's finished.
Jeff Probst: Thanks for having us. We'll see you in May.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-14-07, 10:45 AM (EST)
2. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
EXCLUSIVE: Mark Burnett's List of Possible All-Stars Leaked

Blog Entry: 01/29/2008
Authored by: Dr. Rage

I don't know how I got it, but I did - the complete list of every Survivor asked to be part of the upcoming All-Stars season, along with how they responded. And the crazy thing is - I don't think Burnett even cares that it's been leaked! He has his cast. And this is the most locked-down Survivor season ever. Why, there are only a few photographs coming out of the Tuamotus, and it seems like all of French Polynesia is in a state of high security. This list was the best I could do. There are no spoilers that anyone is bound to respect. Yes, there's that idiot that says Twila's going to the end, but that was based on sbsolutely nothing and debunked right away, considering that they haven't even decided who's in the finals yet.

Anyway, here's what I do have. Their names followed by their initial responses.

FROM BEFORE ALL-STARS

Rodger Bingham - no, "I'm too darn old"
Sean Rector - yes
Matthew von Ertfelda - yes
Christy Smith - yes
Sandra Diaz-Twine - yes
Jon Dalton - yes

FROM VANUATU

Chris Daugherty - yes
Twila Tanner - yes
Eliza Orlins - yes
Ami Cusack - yes
Lea "Sarge" Masters - no, "I had my experience"

FROM PALAU

Tom Westman - yes
Katie Gallagher - no, "I can't win"
Ian Rosenberger - yes
Coby Archa - yes
James Miller - yes
Angie Jakusz - yes

FROM GUATEMALA

Danni Boatwright - yes
Rafe Judkins - yes
Lydia Morales - no, "I don't know if I can handle that again"
Judd Sergeant - yes
Gary Hogeboom - no, "Once was enough, and the landscaper story won't fly this time"
Jamie Newton - no, "Only if the winner got more money"
Amy O'Hara - yes
Brian Corridan - yes

FROM EXILE ISLAND

Aras Baskauskus - no, "I have nothing to gain"
Danielle DiLorenzo - yes
Terry Dietz - yes
Cirie Fields - yes
Shane Powers - no, "I can't put myself through that a second time"
Sally Schumann - no, "I had my time, and I'll let someone else play"

FROM COOK ISLANDS

Yul Kwon - yes
Ozzy Lusth - yes
Becky Lee - yes
Adam Gentry - yes
Parvati Shallow - yes
Jonathan Penner - yes
Candice Woodcock - yes
Nate Gonzalez - yes
Anh Tuan "Cao Boi" Bui - no, "but sign me up for the Amazing Race"

FROM FIJI

Andria "Dreamz" Herd - yes
Earl Cole - yes
Kenward "Boo" Bernis - no, "I'm too injury prone"
Michelle Yi - yes
Mookie Lee - yes
Yau-Man Chan - yes

FROM JAPAN

Maria Savovic - yes
Abdullah Ilam - yes
Harriet Holden - yes
Becky Hammon - no, "I'm playing basketball in Europe"
Paula Stanley - yes
Charlie Forrest - yes
Loretta Washington - no, "I'm still too sick"
Jason Reese - no, "Survivor was a mistake for me"
Catharine Feeley - yes

So simple asking brought the list from 55 down to 41. The next step was to pare the list further.

Burnett cut 5 men to even the numbers at first, and then he cut two groups of 4 - four men and four women.

FIRST CUTS

Jon Dalton - "Probst will kill me if I don't"
James Miller - "He was a character, but not much of a player"
Brian Corridan - "The best player never to make the merge will stay as such"
Adam Gentry - "He was too much of a letdown for us"
Mookie Lee - "Yul might be a given, but he's not"

SECOND CUTS - MEN

Matthew von Ertfelda - "He lost interest in the casting process"
Judd Sergeant - "He decided it wasn't worth coming back for just $1 million"
Nate Gonzalez - "He's good, but he's outshone by his fellow cast members"
Earl Cole - "He's a good guy, but he's not a star"

SECOND CUTS - WOMEN

Christy Smith - "She really wanted it, but she also thinks she's at too much of a disadvantage"
Angie Jakusz - "She has heart, but she did finish middle of the pack on the worst tribe in history"
Candice Woodcock - "She changed her mind, saying the game was too cruel"
Catharine Feeley - "She's outshone by her cast"

05-14-07, 10:52 AM (EST)
3. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
EXCLUSIVE: Survivor: All-Stars II Cast Announced

Production just began for Survivor: All-Stars II, and some of the cast has already been announced in a just-published interview with Jeff Probst. It has been established that the cast will include 20 previous players taken almost exclusively from the past seven seasons. The identities of the cast members that have not been confirmed are presently speculated wildly, with as many as 55 names being floated. Until the announcement, there were 28 people who were speculated as being included.

The folks on Mark Burnett's list of possible Survivors are:

Sean Rector
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Chris Daugherty
Twila Tanner
Eliza Orlins
Ami Cusack
Tom Westman
Ian Rosenberger
Coby Archa
Danni Boatwright
Rafe Judkins
Amy O'Hara
Danielle DiLorenzo
Terry Dietz
Cirie Fields
Yul Kwon
Ozzy Lusth
Becky Lee
Parvati Shallow
Jonathan Penner
Andria "Dreamz" Herd
Yau-Man Chan
Michelle Yi
Maria Savovic
Abdullah Ilam
Harriet Holden
Paula Stanley
Charlie Forrest

Burnett cast several "essentials" and claims he never actually cut anyone at the final 28; "I just ran out of open spots," the producer remarked.

The plan had always been for a 20-player season, according to insiders at CBS.

The identities of the 20 Survivors are as follows:

Danni Boatwright, winner, Guatemala
CBS says: "She came back from down 5-1 against an unstoppable alliance and won the final vote in a blowout. She's considered by some to be the best female player ever."

Yau-Man Chan, 4th place, Fiji
CBS says: "Yau-Man is considered one of the most unorthodox Survivors ever to play, but what he did seemed to work for him. Many considered him one of the few standouts of Fiji."

Ami Cusack, 6th place, Vanuatu
CBS says: "She's ruthless, she's very hard to beat, and she's back for revenge. Now that she's learned to watch her back, she should be a force."

Chris Daugherty, winner, Vanuatu
CBS says: "He's perhaps the best liar the show has ever seen. Can he keep it up when people could be onto his game?"

Sandra Diaz-Twine, winner, Pearl Islands
CBS says: "She won the million by being outspoken and adaptable. Also, we wanted her for the first All-Stars season, but she was still sick. She's ready this time."

Terry Dietz, 3rd place, Exile Island
CBS says: "He fought an alliance all by himself, but he was beaten in the end. He's stronger now, and he's ready to prove he's the best Survivor ever."

Danielle DiLorenzo, runner-up, Exile Island
CBS says: "She lost a lot of popularity contests among her cast for her gameplay. This time, she is watching her back every step of the way."

Cirie Fields, 4th place, Exile Island
CBS says: "She played one of the best social games in the history of Survivor, and people identified with her. She's come a long way from the frightened woman who hated leaves."

Charlie Forrest, 8th place, Japan
CBS says: "It took an act of betrayal by his own body to get Charlie out last time; now that he's been given a clean bill of health, he's considered an early favorite."

Harriet Holden, 3rd place, Japan
CBS says: "She was supposed to be the first one out, and she made it to 3rd place. Only Chris Daugherty has done more with an early death sentence."

Rafe Judkins, 3rd place, Guatemala
CBS says: "Rafe came out of nowhere in his season to be the most feared competitor. This time, he says he's taking orders from no one."

Yul Kwon, winner, Cook Islands
CBS says: "Yul could run for Congress as a write-in candidate and make the major parties look bad. Never, ever count him out."

Ozzy Lusth, runner-up, Cook Islands
CBS says: "You're looking at the strongest player never to win Survivor. It's really hard to see how he can get much better."

Jonathan Penner, 7th place, Cook Islands
CBS says: "He was a fish out of water most of the time, but he managed to hang on. With a group that he can work with, he could be a force."

Ian Rosenberger, 3rd place, Palau
CBS says: "In Palau, he made a $915,000 mistake. He's resolved not to give up so easily this time."

Maria Savovic, winner, Japan
CBS says: "People wonder how 'the naked girl' won her season. Ask her number one ally how she did it, though, and he'll tell you."

Parvati Shallow, 6th place, Cook Islands
CBS says: "People saw her as the flirt and the bimbo. People forget that this strategy worked, so she used it."

Paula Stanley, 6th place, Japan
CBS says: "Paula made Bobby Jon look positively lazy. She went out because of a twist, and she hasn't forgotten that."

Twila Tanner, runner-up, Vanuatu
CBS says: "Twila doesn't get mad; Twila gets even. And the only one who crossed her and got away with it is marked for destruction."

Tom Westman, winner, Palau
CBS says: "Tom is considered the best player ever by many. It's really hard to argue with that reasoning."

As of yet, it is unclear what the tribal assignments are or even how the tribes will be divided; this is the subject of speculation among experts and fans alike.

Estee 44384 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
*imagines Chris, Harriet, Jonathan, Ami, and Sandra as a starting tribe*

*disables volume control*

05-14-07, 10:57 AM (EST)
4. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
TV Guide's Survivor Preview

Angel Cohn

Initial tribe makeup: 2 tribes of 10 by pick 'em
First voted out: Sandra
First to find an idol: Charlie
Darkhorse: Cirie
Out Before Their Time: Tom
In Long After Their Time: Harriet
Will Anyone Quit?: No
New Romber?: None
Car Winner: Twila
Final Four: Danielle, Parvati, Rafe, Yau-Man
Final Immunity Winner: Yau-Man
Final Two and Result: Parvati over Yau-Man
Will There Be a 17th Season?: No

I see the producers trying to make sure this season doesn't play out like the first All-Stars, but no matter what they do, the same patters will emerge - all the winners gone early, personal politics getting involved, and a winner that no one expects or really even recognizes. Most people thought Amber didn't deserve to win the first All-Stars. She was carried by Rob and got extremely lucky when Lex and Kathy spared her. Parvati won't need that kind of luck, but when you figure out that a lot of people will go in with existing friendships and won't step on each other's toes, there will be enough people who will be susceptible to Parvati's strategy that she'll win.
Not as part of a power couple, though - she may even end up coupled with more than one guy. Some likely candidates for that are Ian and Ozzy; most of the rest of the cast is married or otherwise resistant to her charms.
I think Cirie has a lot of upset potential as well. No one sees her as a challenge threat; the only source of resentment could be her popularity in Exile Island, and if she could overcome a fear of leaves, that should be nothing.

Lisa Joyner

Initial tribe makeup: 3 tribes of 6, 2 eliminated a la Palau
First to find an idol: Jonathan
Darkhorse: Jonathan
Out Before Their Time: Charlie
In Long After Their Time: Chris
Will Anyone Quit?: Yes, one person
New Romber?: Ozzy and Danielle
Car Winner: Ozzy
Final Four: Ami, Danielle, Jonathan, Ozzy
Final Immunity Winner: Ozzy
Final Two and Result: Ozzy over Danielle

Someone has to take Romber's place, and the big difference will be that this power pair tries to win pure and not backstab. Yes, it's all business for Ozzy and Danielle, but there won't be any hard feelings and no major controversy over doing the right thing.
I don't see a lot out of the Japan cast. The strongest player is Charlie, and I have him down as my quitter. Actually, not really a quitter; that's too harsh - he becomes the first player to be medivac'd twice. And I predict that it won't have anything to do with his heart. He will win the respect of his tribe and the adoration of America - and then in midseason, he will get injured and have to leave the game.
The frustration with seeing their beloved Charlie coupled with the frustration of another predictable season will tank the ratings for this season, undo all the good that the Japan cast did after the Fiji debacle, and ultimately land the season in the realm of cancelled shows. Maybe in a few years, they will try to bring it back, but it will fail then just as it's failing now.

Matt Roush

Initial tribe makeup: No tribes until episode 2
First voted out: Chris
First to find an idol: Danni
Darkhorse: Yau-Man
Out Before Their Time: Terry
In Long After Their Time: Sandra
Car Winner: Rafe
Final Four: Ami, Cirie, Parvati, Rafe
Final Immunity Winner: Rafe
Final Two and Result: Parvati over Rafe
Will There Be a 17th Season?: Yes

This season will be unlike any other. I predict that this will be the best season ever. Not the best since Borneo or the best since Pearl Islands or what-have-you - this season will single-handedly save the Survivor franchise.
There won't be a Romber. There won't be a shattered friendship. There may be a colossally boneheaded decision, but nothing on the level of the first crop of supposed All-Stars. This cast is for real. There will be an all-out war between Tom, Terry, and Ozzy for the title of Strongest Survivor Ever. Incidentally, my money's on Ozzy.
I have Parvati going all the way, and I think she'll earn it. She will win a key immunity, she will play a masterful social game, and the game-winner for Parvati - the car challenge will come down to her and Rafe, and she will throw it. That act alone will tip the scales in her favor and give her a win over the likeable Rafe.
People will remember this season for seasons to come. I predict that we will have a 17th season ordered before we have a single juror selected.

Megan Cherkezian

Initial tribe makeup: 2 tribes of 9, 2 eliminated a la Palau
First voted out: Maria
First to find an idol: Tom
Darkhorse: Jonathan
Out Before Their Time: Terry
In Long After Their Time: Twila
Will Anyone Quit?: Yes, two people
New Romber?: Ian and Danni
Car Winner: Ozzy
Final Four: Danni, Ian, Ozzy, Rafe
Final Immunity Winner: Ian
Final Two and Result: Ian over Danni

Unfortunately for the show, it will follow old trends. We will have an attempt at Romber. And, in case mark Burnett felt like ripping off Big Brother, one of the strongest winners will be pulling the strings. It could only be more predictable if Tom were in Danni's place.
I predict very little out of the latest two casts - yes, we all love Yau-Man, but his unorthodox behavior will get him ousted before his time. And as far as the Japan cast goes, I don't see a single member of that cast making the merge. I would say the same for the Cook Islands cast, but Ozzy's far too good a player to allow himself to be snuffed that early. He'll get a car out of it and be grateful for it after Ian robs him in a key immunity.
The season will be a microcosm of the last seven seasons - going out with a whimper no matter what the producers do to jazz it up. And the same can be said for the series.

Michael Ausiello

Initial tribe makeup: 2 tribes of 10 by pick 'em
First voted out: Chris
Darkhorse: Yau-Man
Out Before Their Time: Ozzy
In Long After Their Time: Harriet
New Romber?: Charlie and Danni
Car Winner: Rafe
Final Four: Ami, Charlie, Rafe, Yau-Man
Final Immunity Winner: Ami
Final Two and Result: Yau-Man over Ami
Will There Be a 17th Season?: Yes

In Vanuatu, Chris was sentenced to death in the first episode for losing the challenge. In this season, he will finally get his due. Ironically, it will be at the hands of another player to survive long after being sentenced to an early departure - Japan's Harriet, whose position in this game screams "Final 6 and nothing more."
I went with an unusual choice for my power couple - an older Charlie with a younger Danni. But I think that's the most likely scenario, with Charlie ditching a bitter, jealous Paula before the merge. Danni said at the reunion that she was a big fan of Charlie's; I can see that blossoming into more.
Charlie and Danni will see their fates sealed one after the other though - Danni as a past winner and Charlie as a challenge threat. The perfect ending will be oddball Yau-Man taking down Ami, this season's most likely Uma Thurman-inspired villain, at the end. And then at the reunion, Yau-Man and Ami announce that they're best friends forever. What, you were expecting them to fall in love? First off, Yau-Man's married. Second off, Ami's gay. And third off, we already have a power couple.
Ratings will improve enough that a 17th season is ordered, but don't count on beating American Idol.

Rochell Thomas

Initial tribe makeup: 2 tribes of 10 by random draw
First voted out: Yul
First to find an idol: Terry
Darkhorse: Cirie
Out Before Their Time: Ozzy
In Long After Their Time: Chris
Will Anyone Quit?: Yes, one person
Car Winner: Terry
Final Four: Ami, Harriet, Parvati, Terry
Final Immunity Winner: Terry
Final Two and Result: Harriet over Terry

If I'm the rest of this cast, there are a few people I don't allow to stick around. Yul is number one on that list. He's very replaceable in challenges, he'll get his hands on an immunity idol and ride it until the end, and he's very good at the social game. The man could run for office on a write-in ballot and make at least one major-party candidate look bad.
This season will take a devious player up to tricks not before seen. We all peg Harriet as an early boot, and we should; she's weak, she has a reputation as a liar, and even her own castmates don't trust her. She also garnered a reputation as being bitter in Japan. So why would I peg her as the winner? Simple. I found more compelling reasons why the other 19 won't win.
America will wonder just how someone like harriet could pull it off, especially in a final vote with powerhouse Terry. Or, what's left of Survivor's viewing audience will wonder. I predict mediocre ratings and a life in syndication after this season.

Stephen Battaglio

Initial tribe makeup: 2 tribes of 10 by producers' choice
Darkhorse: Paula
Out Before Their Time: Tom
In Long After Their Time: Jonathan
New Romber?: Danni and Maria
Car Winner: Jonathan
Final Four: Cirie, Danni, Rafe, Yau-Man
Final Immunity Winner: Rafe
Final Two and Result: Rafe over Danni

Either I've gone mad or the game has. Just how is a previous winner going to the end with someone she shafted in her own season? And for that matter, how will she get there when she's in this season's power couple with another previous winner?
I should add that the "power couple" is merely for strategic purposes. They will be aligned from start to finish, knowing that their only chance to win is with each other. They won't actuall go the Romber route...well, not romantically, anyway; if they do, it will last about nine seconds and get 6 million YouTube hits within the first four hours after it's posted.
The right person will win. Some old trends, such as kicking out previous winners, will be followed for some time. And the ending will be a blast, even if it's a bit predictable. Danni will even gather a couple of votes at the end and make Rafe sweat. But it will all be the send-off for Survivor. And it will be Burnett's decision, not CBS's. He will go out on top.

05-14-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
5. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
CBS.com Player Bios

SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE

Season: Pearl Islands (winner)
Marital Status: Married
Birthplace: Stamford, CT
Current Residence: Ft. Lewis, WA
Favorites

Colors: Brown, baby blue
Scents: Juniper Breeze, Country Blossom, Orange Blossom
Flowers: Rose
Board Games: Scrabble, Clue, Monopoly
Video Games: Mario Brothers
Sports to Play: Volleyball
Sports Teams: No favorite
Outdoor Activities: Fishing, camping
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, Fear Factor, Frasier
Movies: G.I. Jane
Actors: Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Denzel Washington
Actresses: Halle Berry, Julia Roberts
Music: Hip-Hop, R&B, Merengue, Salsa, Bachata
Magazines: Allure, National Enquirer
Books/Authors: No favorite
Cereals: Honey Combs, Fruity Pebbles, Trix, Fruit Loops, Basic 4, Sugar Smacks, Cocoa Puffs, Frosted Flakes
Fruits: Peach, strawberries, pineapple, orange
Snack Foods: Corn chips, vanilla & chocolate pudding, French vanilla ice cream
Cookies: Oreo, Chips Ahoy, sugar
Candy Bars: Snickers, Twix, Rolo, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Mr. Goodbar
Alcoholic Drinks: Strawberry daiquiri
Non-Alcoholic: Piña colada

Since returning from SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS, Sandra has been chomping at the bit for another chance to play the game. She considers her performance on SURVIVOR as having opened doors not only for future Hispanic contestants but for players who never saw themselves as physically "up to the task."

Born in Stamford, Connecticut, Sandra Diaz-Twine currently lives in Ft. Lewis, Washington with her husband, Marcus, and their two children, Tatiana, 13, and Alanna, 11. She is employed as a senior office associate with the Army and Air force Exchange Service. Prior to her current employment, she served as a chemical repair specialist with the United States Army. She also previously worked in the mailroom of the Army and Air Force Exchange Service and in customer service at a clothing store. Her favorite hobbies are fishing and camping. She describes herself as adventurous, dedicated and a team player. She is most proud of having graduated from community college where she received an Associates Degree in Business Administration from Fayetteville Community College in North Carolina. Her favorite sport is volleyball. Her mother is her hero because she has always been committed to and made sacrifices for her children. She thinks her mother is the bravest, kindest, most loving person and an inspiration. She believes she's a contender for SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS because of her ability to improvise and feels her small knowledge of hunting will be an asset to the tribe. She also thinks she's a good provider and possesses good field skills. Her birth date is July 30, 1974.

CHRIS DAUGHERTY

Season: Vanuatu (winner)
Birthplace: West Jefferson, OH
Current Residence: South Vienna, OH

Favorites

Colors: Red
Scents: Mom's cooking, fresh cut grass
Flowers: Roses
Board Games: Parcheesi, checkers, chess
Video Games: F-Zero, Defender, Pac-Man
Sports to Play: Basketball, football
Sports Teams: Pittsburgh Steelers, LA Lakers
Outdoor Activities: Four-wheeling in my jeep, going to NASCAR races
TV Shows: Friends, CSI, Frasier
Movies: Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, Dumb & Dumber, Tommy Boy
Actors: Kevin Spacey, Gary Oldman, Ben Stiller, Jim Carrey, Morgan Freeman
Actresses: Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie
Music: Rock, southern rock, heavy metal
Magazines: Sports Illustrated, Rolling Stone, U.S. News
Books/Authors: Inside stories on fallen dictators, war stories
Cereals: Frosted Flakes, Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch
Fruits: Orange, grapes, cherries
Snack Foods: Peanut butter, Doritos, Fritos
Cookies: Chocolate chip and peanut butter
Candy Bars: Milky Way, Zero, Twix
Alcoholic Drinks: Coors Light, Bud Light, smooth bourbon, Seagram's, Jim Beam
Non-Alcoholic: Iced tea, Diet Coke, milk

Since returning from SURVIVOR: VANUATU, Chris has married his fiancee and parted ways with the Ohio Highway Department; other than that, he states that his life hasn't changed much, even with the additional million dollars.

Originally from West Jefferson, Ohio, Chris Daugherty attended Madison Plains High School, followed by two years of college at Kentucky Christian College. Daughtery aspires to be a teacher and is most proud to have been able to entertain a class of 4th graders on Career Day.

Daugherty currently works for the Ohio Department of Transportation building roads. He previously worked for his father's drainage company as a heavy equipment operator and has also worked in a sporting goods store. His hobbies include going to NASCAR races, four-wheeling in his jeep and playing basketball. He describes himself as spontaneous, funny and creative. He loves children and tends to gravitate toward the underdog. He believes his ability to think quickly on his feet, willingness to help others and strong physical and mental condition will help him become the Sole Survivor.

Daugherty currently resides in South Vienna, Ohio, with his wife, Lorie, and his pet lizard. His birth date is August 29, 1970.

TWILA TANNER

Season: Vanuatu (runner-up)
Marital Status: Single
Birthplace: Osceola, IA
Current Residence: Marshall, MO

Favorites

Colors: Red, blue
Scents: Vanilla
Flowers: Yellow rose, orchid
Board Games: Checkers, Monopoly
Video Games: No favorite
Sports to Play: Softball, football
Sports Teams: Kansas City Chiefs
Outdoor Activities: Motorcycle riding, horseback riding, mushroom hunting
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, Will & Grace
Movies: John Wayne westerns, action films
Actors: John Wayne, Sean Connery, Richard Gere, Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis
Actresses: Sandra Bullock, Whoopi Goldberg, Julia Roberts
Music: Old time rock & roll, 50s & 60s, pop rock
Magazines: People
Books/Authors: No favorite
Cereals: Frosted Mini-Wheats, Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries
Fruits: Pear, orange, apple, kiwi
Snack Foods: Peanuts, potato skins
Cookies: Chocolate chip, peanut butter
Candy Bars: Snickers, 3 Musketeers, Almond Joy
Alcoholic: Drinks Frozen strawberry daiquiri
Non-Alcoholic: Iced Tea, Gatorade (Cool Blue)

Since returning from SURVIVOR: VANUATU, Twila has been active in her son's life, but she describes life after SURVIVOR as "pretty much the same" and has looked forward to another chance to play the game.

Twila Tanner was born in Osceola, Iowa, where she lived for 11 years. She eventually moved to Missouri, where she attended Marshall High School. She currently works full time for the Missouri Department of Transportation doing highway repair. She also works part-time as a custodian for Marshall Public Schools and on the weekends for Brown Construction of Gilliam, Missouri, running heavy equipment.

Tanner describes herself as hardworking, problem-solving and a good friend who enjoys riding motorcycles, horseback riding and mushroom hunting when she can find the time. She says her greatest accomplishment was being a single mom and raising her son, James, 27, who spent three years in the US Navy working in aviation hydraulics. Her hero is John Wayne, because "he always held his head high and never took crap from anyone," she says. Tanner's main motivation to be on SURVIVOR: VANUATU was for the challenge, while her secondary motivation is the money. She says she could be the Sole Survivor because she is "strong-willed and determined to make a better life" for herself, and possibly give her son "a jump-start in life."

Tanner currently resides in Marshall, Missouri. Her birth date is October 12, 1962.

AMI CUSACK

Season: Vanuatu (6th)
Marital Status: Partner
Birthplace: Golden, CO
Current Residence: Lakewood, CO

Favorites

Colors: Brunette
Scents: Gardenia, mountain air, cooking, cinnamon rolls
Flowers: Stargazer lily, freesia, gardenia
Board Games: Pictionary, rummy
Sports to Play: Softball, basketball, dancing, would love to play polo
Sports Teams: Broncos, Avalanche
Outdoor Activities: Riding cross country, snowboarding
TV Shows: PBS location or animal specials, Travel Channel
Movies: Braveheart, Drop Dead Fred, The Man Who Would Be King
Actors: Sean Connery, Mel Gibson, Jude Law
Actresses: Nicole Kidman, Charlize Theron, Milla Jovovich
Music: Erykah Badu, Angie Stone, Sarah McLachlan, Norah Jones
Magazines: InStyle, National Geographic, Better Homes and Gardens
Books/Authors: Jitterbug Perfume
Cereals: Muesli, Weetabix
Fruits: Pomegranate, lychee, passion fruit, watermelon
Snack Foods: My dad's beef jerky, dates with tahini butter
Cookies: Chocolate with Reese's Pieces
Candy Bars: Chocolate fruit and nut bar
Alcoholic Drinks: Mojito with lots of mint
Non-Alcoholic: Republic of Tea Passion Mango Iced Tea

Since returning from SURVIVOR: VANUATU, Ami has done volunteer work for victims of school violence and has continued her work as a coffee barista. She has also looked into adopting a child.

Ami Cusack was born to and raised in Golden, Colorado, by Richard, a top gun pilot and explosive engineer and Virginia, a former substitute English teacher and homemaker. After graduating Golden High School, she attended Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design in Denver. While attending RMCAD, she landed a job with Experimental and Applied Sciences as charitable director (one of six employees), working with children and women. In 1998, the company was sold and Cusack decided to travel for the next four years. Her travels led her to Australia, Thailand, Tahiti, Iceland, Japan and Africa.

Upon returning to the US, she took a job at a coffee shop which she now considers "the greatest job in the world." She looks forward to being a mom and taking care of her family.

In 1996, she lost her 18-year-old younger brother, Kyle, to a drunk driver. Her mother now conducts motivation speaking to high school students about the consequences of drinking and driving.

Cusack is currently dating Crissy, whom she's been with for six years. Her birth date is January 25, 1973.

TOM WESTMAN

Season: Palau (winner)
Birthplace: Queens, NY
Current Residence: Sayville, NY

Favorites

Colors: Blue
Scents: My wife's neck
Flowers: Daylilies
Board Games: Trivial Pursuit, Cranium
Sports to Play: Golf
Sports Teams: Any team my kids are on
Outdoor Activities: Sailing, skiing, running, gardening
TV Shows: All HBO originals, anything on History or Discovery Channels
Movies: The Pope of Greenwich Village, Pulp Fiction, Braveheart, The Gangs of New York
Actors: Sean Connery, Christopher Walken, Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise
Actresses: Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, Laura Dern, Charlize Theron
Music: Van Morrison, Black 47, Billie Holiday, The Chieftains, Jimmy Buffett
Magazines: Time, Men's Journal, Cigar Aficionado
Books/Authors: Hemingway, Steinbeck, Frost
Cereals: GOLEAN Crunch!
Fruits: Banana, watermelon
Snack Foods: Cheese, pepperoni
Cookies: Pepperidge Farms Sausalito
Candy Bars: Hershey bar
Alcoholic Drinks: Guinness Stout
Non-Alcoholic: Starbucks coffee

Since returning from SURVIVOR: PALAU, Tom has retired from the Fire Department of New York and begun giving motivational speeches and seminars, with a focus on deaf and nahdicapped children.

Born in Queens, New York, Tom Westman attended Archbishop Molloy High School, where he was a peer group counselor and member of the track team. In 1982, he held the school record in the pole vault, 14' 6", which held for 20 years. He then studied history for three years at the State University of New York in Binghamton. In 1985, Westman followed his father's footsteps and joined the New York City Fire Department. He is currently a Lieutenant of Ladder Company 108 in Brooklyn. Simultaneously, he is finishing his undergraduate degree at Queens College, the City University of New York, pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in history.

Westman enjoys sailing, skiing, scuba diving, golfing and cooking. He is most happy spending time with his family and friends. He describes himself as gregarious, practical and competitive. He is most proud of his department's response to the rescue efforts of September 11, 2001, and the everyday efforts to help alleviate the suffering in New York City. His hero is his daughter, Meghan, who lost her hearing to meningitis at 18 months old and, after receiving a cochlear implant at 2 years old, is currently mainstreamed and thriving in the third grade.

Westman is a member of the Uniformed Fire Officers Association and the Fire Department of New York Emerald Society. He was also a member of the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Having been recognized for his support by Disabled Sports, USA, in 2001, Westman has returned every year since to volunteer as an instructor where he helps introduce recently disabled veterans to adaptive skiing.

Westman currently resides in Sayville, New York with his wife, Bernadette, and their three children, Meghan (11), Declan (9) and Conor (7). They have one golden retriever, Guinness. Westman's birth date is January 4, 1964.

IAN ROSENBERGER

Season: Palau (3rd)
Birthplace: Ambridge, PA
Current Residence: Ambridge, PA

Favorites

Colors: Blue, orange
Scents: Back home after it rains
Flowers: Gerbera daisy
Board Games: Chess
Video Games: No favorites
Sports to Play: Soccer, Frisbee, sand volleyball
Sports Teams: Penn State Nittany Lions
Outdoor Activities: Rock climbing, lobstering, kayaking
TV Shows: Whose Line is it Anyway, The West Wing, SURVIVOR
Movies: Scent of a Woman, Goonies, Rudy, Dead Poets Society
Actors: Johnny Depp, Al Pacino
Actresses: Kate Beckinsale, Kate Bosworth
Music: Counting Crows, Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, early 90s hip-hop
Magazines: National Geographic, Outside
Books/Authors: The Grapes of Wrath, The Old Man and the Sea, Into the Wild, anything by Roald Dahl
Cereals: Lucky Charms
Fruits: Banana
Snack Foods: Doritos
Cookies: Chips Ahoy
Candy Bars: Snickers
Alcoholic Drinks: Yuengling beer, Margarita
Non-Alcoholic: Orange juice

Since returning from SURVIVOR: PALAU, Ian has returned home and continued to work with animals; he finished his degree at Penn State University and has no regrets about his SURVIVOR experience.

Born and raised on a horse farm in Ambridge, Pennsylvania, Ian Rosenberger attended Quigley Catholic High School in Baden. While there, he lettered in soccer and spent his summers as a camp counselor. He also volunteered his time with the McGuire Home, an organization that helps children with mental and physical disabilities.

Rosenberger will soon be a graduate of Pennsylvania State University, where he majored in agricultural extension and educational leadership. Last year, he served as the president of the university's Undergraduate Student Government and as Penn State's Homecoming King. Currently, Rosenberger works as a dolphin trainer and dolphin-assisted therapist for children with disabilities in Key Largo, Florida. He was previously employed as an outdoor adventure group dynamics facilitator, wedding disc jockey, street performer at a major amusement park and construction worker.

Rosenberger enjoys being outside, playing good music with his friends and reading. He describes himself as gregarious and passionate. He is most proud of participating in Penn State's Dance Marathon, the largest student-run philanthropy in the world, where he did not sit or sleep for 48 hours and helped raise $3 million for children with cancer.

Rosenberger is currently single and living in Ambridge, Pennsylvania. He has one younger sister, Kahla (15). His birth date is August 24, 1981.

DANNI BOATWRIGHT

Season: Guatemala (winner)
Marital Status: Divorced
Birthplace: Tonganoxie, KS
Current Residence: Tonganoxie, KS

Favorites

Colors: Red
Scents: Vanilla
Flowers: Sunflower
Board Games: Cranium
Video Games: Blackjack
Sports to Play: Basketball, volleyball
Sports Teams: Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, J-Hawks, Nashville Predators
Outdoor Activities: Running, volleyball, walking my dogs, fishing
TV Shows: ESPN Sportscenter, PTI, Around the Horn
Movies: Westerns, Chisum, Hondo
Actors: John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Sam Elliott
Actresses: Vivian Leigh, Audrey Hepburn
Music Country
Magazines: ESPN the Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Sporting News Weekly
Books/Authors: See You at the Top
Fruits: Cherries, strawberries
Snack Foods: Blue Diamond Almonds (salted)
Cookies: Snickerdoodle
Candy Bars: Heath
Alcoholic Drinks: No favorite
Non-Alcoholic: Ginger ale, root beer

Since returning from SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA, Danni has continued to work as a sports talk radio host and has participated in charity fundraisers for such tragedies as the Virginia Tech school shooting.

Danni Boatwright represented the state of Kansas at the 1992 Miss Teen USA pageant in Biloxi, Mississippi, and was second runner up to the title. She also represented Kansas at the 1996 Miss USA Pageant, where she won all preliminary judging and was first runner up to the title of MISS USA. She was voted one of the "100 Most Beautiful Women."

Boatwright has traveled around the world as an international model in Italy, England, Germany, France, Mexico, South Africa, Australia and Tunisia. At the age of 17, she was chosen to be on "Star Search" as a spokesmodel and contestant. She was the youngest ever chosen to appear on the show in this category. Boatwright has also appeared in numerous television and print advertisements

With all of her accomplishments, Boatwright's passion has been and will always be sports. Having grown up with seven brothers, she developed a keen competitive edge. Boatwright was a high school athlete who competed in basketball, volleyball, cross country and track where, as a freshman, she help set a record in the two mile relay that still stands today. She continues to be active in sports, having just competed in the Nashville "Music City Marathon." Because of her sports background, she is not only interested in the major sports such as NFL Football, Major League Baseball and NBA Basketball, but also college sports and such diverse sports as rodeo and track. Most recently, Boatwright hosted "Weekend Wrap," a weekly talk show on 610 Sports.

Boatwright currently resides in Tonganoxie, Kansas. Her birth date is July 13, 1975.

RAFE JUDKINS

Season: Guatemala (3rd)
Birthplace: Salt Lake City, UT
Current Residence: Pittsburgh, PA

Favorites

Colors: Blue-green
Scents: Acqua Di Gio cologne
Flowers: Honeysuckle
Board Games: Cranium
Video Games: Mario Kart
Sports to Play: Tennis, swimming
Sports Teams: Utah Jazz, Runnin' Utes, Sydney Swans
Outdoor Activities: Water skiing, hiking, backpacking
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, Alias
Movies: Braveheart, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Best in Show
Actors: Michael Vartan
Actresses: Jennifer Garner
Music: The Corrs, Natalie Imbruglia, Live
Magazines: Entertainment Weekly
Books/Authors: Ken Follet, David Baldacci, Kenzaburo Oe
Cereals: Rice Krispie Treats, Trix, Mini-Wheats with fruit
Fruits: Watermelon, honeydew, strawberries
Snack Foods: Doritos
Cookies: Peanut butter with a Hershey Kiss on top
Candy Bars: Reese's, NutRageous
Non-Alcoholic: Berry smoothie

Since returning from SURVIVOR: GUATEMALA, Rafe has camped out in Alaska and participated in SURVIVOR in any way he could, hoping to get a second chance at the game after coming close.

Born in Salt Lake City, Utah, Rafe Judkins was raised in a huge Mormon family that includes more than 60 first cousins. Rafe's mother, Lani, is an artist, and his father, Ren, an inventor. Judkins' unique childhood had him spending time painting rocks and taking apart machines. At age five, Judkins moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he attended Sewickley Academy for 14 years. During this time, Judkins spent his summers teaching English and science to inner city middle school students. He graduated cum laude in 2001 and was selected as the member of the senior class most likely to be on SURVIVOR.

After graduation, Judkins moved to Providence, Rhode Island, to attend Brown University, where he concentrated in biology and anthropology. While in college, he managed Brown Outdoor Leadership Training (BOLT), a program designed to give students exposure to intense wilderness situations with small groups of people. He also expressed his love of food by founding a cooking class for students run by Brown's head catering chef.

Judkins' love for travel and adventure began early, driving around the country in a seventeen-passenger van with his family. Now 22 years old, he has been to all 50 states and 14 different countries, and he lived for seven months in Sydney, Australia. He believes you haven't really experienced a place unless you've slept on the ground and woken up to the sunrise there (cities excluded). He also enjoys tennis, swimming, water skiing and screenwriting. He is proudest of his ability to play Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" on the piano with his toes. Rafe's hero is his mother, Lani, who is brilliant, beautiful and charming enough to do anything with her life, but she chose to be his mother. He believes she made him every bit the man he is today.

Judkins currently resides in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with his mother, father and brother, Landon. His birth date is January 8, 1983.

DANIELLE DILORENZO

Season: Exile Island (runner-up)
Birthplace: Boston, MA
Current Residence: Boston, MA

Favorites

Colors: Green, blue
Scents: Coconut, vanilla, Febreze
Flowers: Red rose
Board Games: Backgammon, Monopoly, Clue
Video Games: Pac-Man
Sports to Play: Soccer, Kickboxing
Sports Teams: New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox
Outdoor Activities: Water skiing
TV Shows: Rescue Me, Desperate Housewives, Las Vegas, Grey's Anatomy, The Sopranos
Movies: The Bronx Tale, Scarface, Goodfellas
Actors: Brad Pitt, Julian McMahon, Vince Vaughn
Actresses: Ashley Judd, Rachel McAdams, Michelle Pfeiffer, Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Angelina Jolie
Music: Sade, Dave Matthews, Aaliya, 50 Cent
Magazines: Maxim, GQ, Newsweek, US Weekly
Books/Authors: The Da Vinci Code
Cereals: Oats 'n Honey, Trix, Oatmeal
Fruits: Pineapple, green apple, banana
Snack: Foods Barbeque chips, peanut butter
Cookies: Peanut butter
Candy Bars: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
Alcoholic Drinks: Grey Goose gimlet, pinot grigio wine
Non-Alcoholic: Gatorade

Since returning from SURVIVOR: EXILE ISLAND, Danielle has worked as a fashion model and tried out for Team USA's Women's World Cup roster.

Born and raised just outside of Boston, Danielle DiLorenzo grew up the eldest of three children in a small town called Lynnfield. She attended the Winthrop Gymnastics Academy, Massachusetts, where she competed for eight years and won many awards. At Lynnfield High School, she played varsity soccer, basketball and track. An athlete and fierce competitor, DiLorenzo set high school state records in track and was captain of both her track and soccer teams. At 16, DiLorenzo was selected to represent the United States at the World Gothia Cup and traveled to Germany, Sweden and Austria. Additionally, she worked with the Ford Modeling Agency, participating in fashion shows in the Boston area.

DiLorenzo was then recruited to play Division One soccer at Quinnipiac University, where she studied marketing. Unfortunately, a knee injury during pre-season kept her from playing her first year. She decided to transfer to Northeastern University, where she eventually earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business with a concentration in both finance and marketing. After graduation, DiLorenzo moved to Florida, where she currently works for a medical sales company. Her proudest accomplishment to date is the purchase of her first home in Boca Raton, Florida.

DiLorenzo's regular workout routine includes kickboxing and soccer. Her favorite hobbies include dancing, traveling and listening to all kinds of music. She describes herself as driven, intelligent, vivacious, strong-minded, athletic, genuine and good-hearted. She never shies away from a discussion on the New England Patriots or the Boston Red Sox. Her hero is her grandfather, because he always enjoyed discovering new things. He was a politician, a schoolteacher for children with special needs, a loving father and husband and an awesome grandfather.

Danielle DiLorenzo currently resides in Pompano Beach, Florida. Her birth date is June 3, 1981.

TERRY DIETZ

Season: Exile Island (3rd)
Birthplace: Matawan, NJ
Current Residence: Simsbury, CT

Favorites

Colors: Navy blue, gold
Scents: My wife's perfume, dinner cooking, cigar smoke outside
Flowers: Wisteria, rose
Board Games: Pictionary
Video Games: Flying simulators
Sports to Play: Football, baseball, golf, tennis, hockey, surfing
Sports Teams: Red Sox, Jets, Navy
Outdoor Activities: Sports, hiking, construction
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, THE AMAZING RACE, ESPN, Fox News, Weather Channel
Movies: Saving Private Ryan, Castaway, Top Gun
Actors: Matt Damon, John Travolta, Tom Cruise, John Cusack
Actresses: Renée Zellweger, Marisa Tomei, Jennifer Aniston
Music: Rock & roll, Springsteen, Eagles, John Cougar Mellencamp
Magazines: Sports Illustrated, Aviation Week
Books/Authors: Tom Clancy, Colin Powell
Cereals: Raisin Bran
Fruits: Mango, banana, orange, melon, strawberries
Snack Foods: Mixed nuts, low carb protein bars
Cookies: Chocolate chip, Heath bar, white chunk macadamia
Candy Bars: Heath bar, Snickers
Alcoholic Drinks: Michelob Ultra, Guinness, rum & Coke, scotch
Non-Alcoholic: Water, Diet Pepsi

Since his return from SURVIVOR: EXILE ISLAND, Terry has continued to fly for American Airlines, flying to 18 countries.

Terry Deitz was born and raised in Matawan, New Jersey, by his mother, Peggy and father, George. He has three brothers, Mickey, Skip and Tommie, and one sister, Pegi.

Deitz attended St. Joseph's Grammar School in Keyport, New Jersey, where he played little league baseball, football and basketball. He was also an avid swimmer and a member of the dive team. He then attended St. John Vianney High School in Holmdel, New Jersey, where he earned 11 Varsity letters in football (quarterback), baseball (catcher) and wrestling. He received All County and All Conference awards and made All-State Baseball 1st Team. In addition, he was Varsity Captain for three sports.

From 1978 to 1982, Deitz attended the United States Naval Academy. While there, he played four years of Varsity Division I baseball. In 1982, he was ordered to the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier as a Ship's Officer in the Weapons Department, where he handled ship's defense systems. He was also Officer of the Deck qualified, which enabled him to run the ship for the Captain on a four-hour watch rotation.

In 1984, Deitz was ordered to the US Navy flight school in Pensacola, Florida, where he learned to fly a Navy T-34 turbo prop. He earned jet grades and was sent to Meridian, Mississippi for T-2 and T-A4 advanced jet training. After he obtained his Navy wings, he was ordered to NAS Miramar in San Diego, California, for training in the F-14 Tomcat. In 1986, he began flying the F-14. In 1987, he was a pilot with the Fighter Squadron-51 (Miramar/Deployed on the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70).

Deitz met his wife, Trish, six days before his last six-month cruise. They had three dates, and then he went away for six months. They eventually married on October 5, 1991.

From 1990-1992, Deitz conducted shore duty as an F-14 Instructor pilot. In 1992, married life with family aspirations triggered his decision to leave the active duty Navy.

He was honorably discharged from active Navy and entered Navy reserve. He was then hired by American Airlines as a commercial pilot. In 1994, he and his family moved from San Diego to Simsbury, Connecticut to be able to fly out of New York and Boston. While employed as a commercial pilot, he was also hired by the Naval Reserve Logistics Squadron-52 where he flew the DC-9 worldwide out of the Navy air station in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. He was later promoted to Commander and eventually retired in April 2001.

Deitz presently resides in Simsbury, Connecticut with Trish and their children, Kayla and Daniel. He continues to fly with American Airlines, piloting the Airbus A300. His birth date is October 10, 1959.

CIRIE FIELDS

Season: Exile Island (4th)
Birthplace: Jersey City, NJ
Current Residence: Walterboro, SC

Favorites

Colors: Mint green, turquoise
Scents: Pleasures, Freedom, Byblos, 360 Degrees
Flowers: Water lily
Board Games: Chess, Monopoly
Video Games: Chess, Frogger
Sports to Play: Dodgeball
Outdoor Activities: Swimming, volleyball, miniature golf
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, BIG BROTHER, The First 48 Investigative Reports
Movies: Shallow Hal, Scarface, Cooley High
Actors: Larenz Tate, Jamie Foxx
Actresses: Ashley Judd, Charlize Theron, Sanaa Lathan
Music: R&B, Salina Jones, Mariah Carey, Lyfe Jennings
Magazines: Vogue, Ebony, Cosmopolitan
Books/Authors: Cheaters (Eric Jerome Dickey), If I Ruled the World (JOY)
Cereals: Oatmeal Raisin Crisp
Fruits: Banana, mango, Granny Smith apples
Snack Foods: Cool Ranch Doritos
Cookies: White chocolate macadamia nut
Candy Bars: Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Alcoholic Drinks: Alize Blue, Moet Nectar
Non-Alcoholic: Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper

Since returning from SURVIVOR: EXILE ISLAND, Fields has bought a recreational vehicle and spent time traveling the country and camping with her family. She claims she is no longer intimidated by the outdoors.

Cirie Fields was born and raised in Jersey City, New Jersey. She attended St. Francis Nursing School in New Castle, Pennsylvania, where she earned her nursing degree. She currently works as an operating room nurse. Her previous occupations include surgical technician, home health aid, working at a candy factory and telemarketing. Fields' proudest accomplishment was becoming a nurse. Her mother is her hero because she raised six kids with nothing and taught her kids many life skills.

Fields swims regularly. Her favorite sports include running and working with a personal trainer. She loves amusement park rides and watching television. She describes herself as funny, charismatic and compassionate. She believes she will be a useful member of the tribe because she is very strong. Fields' skills include the ability to fish, cook and do some carpentry. She believes she will be the Sole Survivor because people love her cute, smiling personality. Her primary motivation for being on the show is to win and to change her family's life. She is proud of the fact that she was disciplined enough to lose 30 pounds once she learned she would be a castaway on the show.

Fields currently resides in Walterboro, South Carolina, with husband Clarencio and her three sons from a previous marriage. They have one dog, Sam. Her birth date is July 18, 1970.

YUL KWON

Season: Cook Islands (winner)
Birthplace: Queens, NY
Current Residence: San Mateo, CA

Favorites

Scents: Shower-fresh smells
Flowers: Orchid
Board Games: Risk, Monopoly
Video Games: Car racing games, Fight Night II & III
Sports to Play: Biking, football, wants to try Ultimate Fighting
Sports Teams: San Francisco 49ers
Outdoor: Activities Hiking, surfing
TV Shows: Ultimate Fighter, 60 Minutes, Meet the Press, The Contender, Entourage, Firefly
Movies: Blade Runner, Before Sunset
Actors: Daniel Day Lewis, Johnny Depp, Sean Penn
Actresses: Keira Knightley, Sophie Marceau, Gong Li
Music Electronica/trance and progressive house
Magazines: Time, US News & World Report, The Ring, BusinessWeek, Fortune, The New Yorker
Books/Authors: The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkein, Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe
Cereals: Quaker Oh's, Honey Nut Chex
Fruits: Watermelon, cherries, nectarine, clementine
Snack Foods: Pirate's Booty, Fruit Roll-Ups
Cookies: Oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip
Candy Bars: Snickers, Nestlé Crunch, M&M's
Non-Alcoholic: No favorite

Since returning from SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS, Yul has been working as a consultant with ADT designing improved security systems for large buildings.

Yul Kwon was born in Queens, New York to parents who emigrated from South Korea. The family moved to the West Coast when he was six years old and he was raised in Concord, California. He attended high school at Northgate High in Walnut Creek, California, where he played varsity water polo and track and graduated valedictorian.

Kwon then attended Stanford University and obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in symbolic systems (theoretical computer science). While at Stanford, he received the James Lyons Award for Service, attended officer candidates school for the U.S. Marine Corps and graduated Phi Beta Kappa. Kwon went on to receive his Juris Doctor Degree from Yale Law School, where he served on the editorial board of the Yale Law Journal.

Kwon has enjoyed a diverse career straddling both the private and public sectors in law, business and technology. He practiced a mix of litigation, appellate, transactional and regulatory work at several law firms. He also served as a judicial clerk to a federal judge on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals. Additionally, he worked as a legislative aide to Senator Joseph Lieberman in Washington, D.C., where he helped draft sections of the Homeland Security Bill and other technology-related legislation. Several years ago, Kwon decided to switch careers and become a management consultant at McKinsey. From there, he joined Google's business strategy group and most recently went back into consulting.

Kwon's favorite hobbies include politics, boxing, ultimate fighting and volunteering with kids. He describes himself as idealistic, compassionate and ambitious. He became passionate about creating awareness for more minority bone marrow donors in the U.S. after launching a major search to find a match for his best friend who was diagnosed with leukemia, but ultimately succumbed to the disease.

Kwon is a member of the Washington, D.C. and California State Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Lambda Phi Epsilon fraternity.

Kwon currently resides in San Mateo, California. His birth date is February 14, 1975.

OZZY LUSTH

Season: Cook Islands (runner-up)
Birthplace: Guanajuato, Mexico
Current Residence: Venice, CA

Favorites

Colors: Blues, reds and greens
Scents: Tuberose, jasmine, garlic, ocean spray (sea smell)
Flowers: Orchid, cactus and succulents
Board Games: Risk, Trivial Pursuit, Backgammon
Video Games: Tony Hawk, Kelly Slater, Metroid, Castlevania, Civilizations
Sports to Play: Rugby, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee
Outdoor Activities: Surfing, camping, hiking, fishing, ocean kayaking
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, The Daily Show, Jeopardy, South Park, Family Guy
Movies: Red Dawn, Lord of the Flies, Blue Lagoon, Silver City, Waiting for Guffman, V for Vendetta
Actors: Ben Kingsley, Benicio Del Toro, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Paul Giamatti, Terrence Howard, Jack Nicholson, Christian Bale, Roberto Benigni
Actresses: Meryl Streep, Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman
Music: Midnight Oil, Otis Redding, James Brown, Pink Floyd, Bad Religion, Regina Spektor, Chromeo, Groundation, Rage Against the Machine, Mozart, Vivaldi, Bach, Lucinda Williams, Sage Francis, Flamenco, Blues
Magazines: Outside, Surfer's Journal, Science News, Thrasher
Books/Authors: Tom Robbins, T.C. Boyle, Robert Heinlein, William Gibson, Gary Paulsen
Cereals: Granola, Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Krispies
Fruits: Mango, papaya, cheremoya, watermelon, grapes, acai, citrus
Snack Foods: BBQ chips
Cookies: Shortbread, butter cookies, gingersnaps
Candy Bars: Raw/vegan candy
Alcoholic Drinks: Tequila, wine, beer

Since returning from SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS, Ozzy has competed in several surfing competitions in both California and Hawaii; he has also been training to compete in the Olympics, though he did not make the cut.

Born in Mexico, Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth moved 10 times in his teen years to seven U.S. States and Central America while his mother remarried. He attended two years of college at Santa Barbara City College before moving to the Los Angeles area.

Lusth is currently a waiter and was formerly a restaurant manager. He enjoys big wave surfing, skateboarding, sailing, snowboarding, wakeboarding, gymnastics and motorcycle riding. He owns land in Panama and enjoys going there to spearfish. He can dive to 30 feet and can hold his breath under water for three minutes. He is skilled at building traps, forts, shelter and surviving in the wilderness on his own. In the summer of 2005, he camped all the way from Panama to San Diego over the course of five months.

He enjoys reading and writing.

Lusth currently resides in Venice, California with his German Shepard mix, Buddha (who also accompanies him on his board while surfing). His birth date is August 23, 1981.

PARVATI SHALLOW

Season: Cook Islands (6th)
Birthplace: Vero Beach, FL
Current Residence: Los Angeles, CA

Favorites

Colors: Yellow, red
Scents: Coffee, cookies, men
Flowers: Orchid
Board Games: Taboo, Twister
Sports to Play: Beach volleyball
Sports Teams: Atlanta Braves, Georgia Bulldogs
Outdoor Activities: Beach cruising, hiking, running
TV Shows: THE AMAZING RACE, The Office
Movies: Anchorman, Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Actors: Will Ferrell, Clive Owen, Vince Vaughn
Actresses: Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson
Music: The Fray, Shakira, Bob Marley
Magazines: W, US Weekly, Cosmopolitan
Books/Authors: The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
Fruits: Watermelon, strawberries, grapes
Snack Foods: Cheez-Its, Chex Mix
Cookies: Chocolate chip
Candy Bars: Twix, Peanut M&M's
Alcoholic Drinks: Red wine, Ketel One & soda

Since returning from SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS, Parvati has been putting herself through the University of California-Los Angeles' MBA program and has continued to train for more opportunities in professional boxing.

Parvati Shallow grew up the eldest of three siblings on a commune in Vero Beach, Florida. She and her family moved to Atlanta when she was 11 years old. Having studied martial arts since her youth, she currently works as a female boxer and cocktail waitress. She previously worked as a model, bartender and in public relations.

Striking out on her own when she was 17 years old, Shallow put herself through college, attending the University of Georgia where she received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in journalism with a minor in French. While in college, she was an active member of the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority.

Shallow enjoys boxing, running, hiking, volleyball, yoga, skiing, softball, dancing and swimming (she was on her high school swim team all four years). She loves the outdoors and gets "super cranky" if she can't play outside in the sun on a daily basis. She is most proud of being a female boxer for Perfect 10 Model Boxing.

Shallow currently resides in West Hollywood, California. Her birth date is September 21, 1982.

JONATHAN PENNER

Season: Cook Islands (7th)
Birthplace: New York, NY
Current Residence: Los Angeles, CA

Favorites

Scents: Flowers, ocean, girl, garlic, meat
Flowers: Cherry blossom
Board Games: Trivial Pursuit, Chess, Clue
Video Games: Cold Fear, Super Smash Brothers
Sports to Play: Baseball, tennis, soccer
Sports Teams: LA Lakers, NY Giants, NY Yankees
Outdoor Activities: Hiking, relaxing
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, American Idol, SpongeBob SquarePants
Movies: The American Friend, The Fly, The Godfather, Citizen Kane
Actors: Cary Grant, Marlon Brando, Groucho Marx, Buster Keaton, Boris Karloff
Actresses: Irene Dunne, Diane Keaton, Barbara Steele
Music Annie Lennox, Beethoven's 6th, ACDC, Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Gershwins
Magazines: The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Harper's Bazaar, Video Watchdog, Shock Cinema
Books/Authors: Stephen King, John Steinbeck, Donald E. Westlake, Iain Banks
Cereals: Cap'n Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Granola
Fruits: No favorite
Snack Foods: Anchovies, Lay's, Ruffles, Doritos
Cookies: Chocolate chip macadamia nut, lemon bars
Candy Bars: Snickers, M&M's
Alcoholic Drinks: Wine, cocktails, beer

Since returning from SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS, Jonathan has been writing for the NBC series "The Office."

A native of New York, Jonathan Penner is an actor, having had series regular roles on "Grapevine," "The Naked Truth" and "Rude Awakening." He also made guest-starring appearances in various series including CSI and "The Nanny," both on CBS, as well as "Seinfeld" and "Arrested Development." Additionally, he is a producer/writer/director.

Penner attended the prestigious Phillips Andover prep school in Andover, Massachusetts, and went on to receive his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, New York.

Penner enjoys reading, traveling, cooking, soccer and baseball.

He is most proud of his family and his 1994 Oscar nomination for Best Short Film, Live Action for "Down on the Waterfront" (which he co-produced, co-wrote and starred in with Jason Alexander, Ed Asner and Mike Starr). In 2000, he also won the grand prize at Cognac and the screenwriting prize at the Avignon Film Festival for "Let the Devil Wear Black."

Penner currently resides in Los Angeles with his wife of 15 years, director Stacy Title (who directed him in the 1995 film "The Last Supper"), and their two children, Cooper and Ava. They have one bunny, Angel Cake, one cat, Vinnie, and two lizards, Mozilla and Luna. His birth date is March 5, 1962.

YAU-MAN CHAN

Season: Fiji
Birthplace: Borneo, Malaysia
Current Residence: Martinez, CA

Favorites

Colors: Sky blue
Scents: Rose, lavender
Flowers: Rose
Board Games: No favorite
Video Games: Atari classics, Ms. Pac-Man
Sports to Play: Table tennis
Outdoor Activities: Touring
TV Shows: News, 60 Minutes
Movies: Three Days of the Condor, Anne of the Thousand Days
Music: Classical
Magazines: The Economist
Books/Authors: The Reason Driven Life by Robert Price
Cereals: No favorite
Fruits: Apple
Snack Foods: Shrimp chips
Cookies: Chocolate chocolate chip
Candy Bars: M&M's
Alcoholic Drinks: White wine--Gewertzraminer
Non-alcoholic: Café latte

Since returning from SURVIVOR: FIJI, Yau-Man has continued to research and teach for UC-Berkeley; he called the chance to return to SURVIVOR "completely unexpected."

Originally from Malaysian Borneo, Yau-Man Chan attended All Saints Secondary School in Kota Kinabalu. He moved to the United States where he received a Bachelor of Science degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He went on to receive his Master of Science degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Chan is the Director of Information Systems for the College of Chemistry at the University of California, Berkeley. In this position, he manages and runs the information systems infrastructure for administrative, research and teaching units of the college. This includes setting up networks, computers and managing business database systems. He previously worked designing electronic circuits for scientific instruments to collect data. He's also been a housepainter, cook and dishwasher.

Chan enjoys playing table tennis, bicycling, woodworking and reading. He is a member of the USA Table Tennis Association. He describes himself as intellectual and contemplative. He considers himself a natural leader, a good organizer, very skilled with his hands, very resourceful and feels he possesses a keen intellect.

Chan has been married to his wife, Jennifer, for 23 years. They have two children, Penelope and Ione. They also have a dog, Tucker and two rabbits, Ruby and Cupid. Chan's birth date is August 26, 1952.

MARIA SAVOVIC

Season: Japan (Winner)
Marital Status: Partner
Birthplace: Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Current Residence: Princeton, NJ

Favorites

Color: Blue, orange
Scent: Orchid
Flower: Orchid
Board Game: Monopoly
Video Game: Super Mario Bros. 3
Sports to Play: No favorite
Sports Teams: Buffalo Sabres
Outdoor Activities: Sunbathing
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, The Amazing Race
Movie: Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Actor: Brad Pitt
Actress: Angelina Jolie
Music: Alien Ant Farm
Magazine: AJN, Business Weekly
Books/Author: George Orwell, Animal Farm
Cereal: Frosted Mini-Wheats
Fruit: Orange, kiwi
Snack Food: Tortilla chips and salsa
Cookie: Oreo
Candy Bar: Butterfinger
Alcoholic Drink: Margarita
Non-Alcoholic: Dr. Pepper

Since returning from SURVIVOR: JAPAN, Maria has fallen in love with her best friend, Laura, and has bought a house and enrolled in Princeton's MBA program.

Maria Savovic was born in Belgrade, Yugoslavia, during the late days of Communism; she describes her childhood home as "a warzone" and avoided any contact with ongoing violence by studying medicine. She was invited to Syracuse University in 2000 to study medicine; she graduated from Syracuse in 2004 with honors and immediately continued into medical school.

Medical school at Syracuse proved to be too much to handle; Savovic described her efforts during her first semester as "an atomic failure" and she settled into a job as a medical assistant. For three years, she lived with her best friend from college and paid minimal rent and utility payments. Laura, her best friend and roommate, paid all the bills by working two jobs while Savovic tried to study to get back into medical school. Laura told her, "I will always help make my best friend's dreams come true."

Savovic presently lives in Princeton, New Jersey, with her girlfriend, Laura, and their Scottish terrier, Tiger. Her birthdate is September 19, 1981.

HARRIET HOLDEN

Season: Japan (3rd)
Birthplace: Corpus Christi, TX
Current Residence: Austin, TX

Favorites

Color: Green, purple
Scent: Pine
Flower: Yellow rose
Board Game: Life
Video Game: No favorite
Sports to Play: No favorite
Sports Teams: Dallas Mavericks
Outdoor Activities: Sailing
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, King of the Hill
Movie: Bull Durham
Actor: Kevin Costner
Actress: Susan Sarandon
Music: Anything by Garth Brooks
Magazine: Country Living
Books/Author: Nora Roberts
Cereal: No favorite
Fruit: Strawberries
Snack Food: Fresh vegetables
Cookie: Chocolate chip
Candy Bar: No favorite
Alcoholic Drink: White wine
Non-Alcoholic: Water, orange juice

Since returning from SURVIVOR: JAPAN, Harriet has flown her older son in from Seattle to bring the family together; she has also made the decision to retire in the summer of 2008 and travel all over the U.S.

A proud native Texan, Harriet Holden graduated from high school in her native Corpus Christi in 1970 and became the first member of her family to attend college. She says that her proudest day was when she got her Bachelor's Degree from the University of Texas in 1974; she got her Master's from the University of Colorado in 1978 and began her career as a bank manager.

Holden originally applied for Survivor: Exile Island, but was kept out of the cast when Tina Scheer opted in. After the diverse casts of Cook islands and Fiji, Holden was cast for Japan and said upon being placed in the game, "I spent the last year and a half getting ready for everything Mother Nature can throw at me. Those other Survivors are dead in their tracks."

Holden still resides in Austin with her husband, Rich, to whom she has been married for 31 years. Her older son, Troy, is 27 and works as a radio producer in Seattle, Washington; her younger son, Jackson, is 24 and works as a self-employed consultant in Dallas, Texas. Her birthdate is January 30, 1952.

PAULA STANLEY

Season: Japan (6th)
Birthplace: Fort Mill, SC
Current Residence: Chattanooga, TN

Favorites

Color: Orange
Scent: Ocean breeze
Flower: Gerber daisy
Board Game: Jenga
Video Game: Street Fighter II
Sports to Play: Tennis
Sports Teams: University of Tennessee basketball
Outdoor Activities: Camping
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, Big Brother
Movie: The Pursuit of Happyness
Actor: Will Smith
Actress: Angelina Jolie
Music: Carrie Underwood
Magazine: Woman's Day
Books/Author: Danielle Steel
Cereal: No favorite
Fruit: Grapefruit
Snack Food: Crackers and cheese
Cookie: Cheryl and Co. sugar cookies
Candy Bar: Almond Joy
Alcoholic Drink: No favorite
Non-Alcoholic: Gatorade, Diet Pepsi

Since returning from SURVIVOR: JAPAN, Paula has vowed to make more time for her children, taking what she called "my first vacation in twelve years" when she took her children to Florida over Christmas break.

A self-described "workaholic," Paula Stanley was born and raised in South Carolina, finishing high school in Charleston before attending the University of South Carolina in 1990. She finished her Bachelor's degree in hospitality management in 1996 and began managing a hotel restaurant soon after.

Stanley describes college as "the darkest point in my life. The stress got to be so unbearable, I started drinking when I woke up and stopped when I went to bed. And sometimes I got up in the middle of the night to drink." Stanley was suspended from college in 1994, around the time she discovered she was pregnant; these events led her to "the hardest thing I have ever done - I had to give up alcohol and cigarettes at the same time. I don't recommend having to do either."

Stanley took a higher-paying position as a career counselor in 2002 shortly after the birth of her youngest son, Devin; she often worked two jobs to earn more money after her husband left her and her kids. She resolved to become a hard worker and set a good example for her kids; she did not miss a single day of work from her youngest son's birth to her departure for Survivor: Japan.

Currently, Stanley lives in Richland, Tennessee with her four children, Jacob, 13; Emma, 11; Roger, 9; and Devin, 7; and her two cats, Reggie and Smokey. Her birthdate is August 4, 1972.

CHARLIE FORREST

Season: Japan (8th, medivac)
Birthplace: Gary, IN
Current Residence: Nashville, TN

Favorites

Color: Red, white, navy blue
Scent: Fresh baked bread
Flower: No favorite
Board Game: Risk
Video Game: No favorite
Sports to Play: Football, golf
Sports Teams: Detroit Tigers, University of Michigan football
Outdoor Activities: Hiking, fishing
TV Shows: SURVIVOR, The Simpsons
Movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Actor: Harrison Ford
Actress: No favorite
Music: Stadium anthems
Magazine: Sports Illustrated, Time
Books/Author: Johnny Tremain
Cereal: Raisin Bran
Fruit: Pineapple
Snack Food: Pretzels
Cookie: Oatmeal raisin
Candy Bar: Snickers
Alcoholic Drink: Budweiser beer
Non-Alcoholic: Pepsi

Since returning from SURVIVOR: JAPAN, Charlie has worked as an engineer for BristolMyersSquibb; he has also recovered fully from his first SURVIVOR experience and has prepared for a second chance he thought "would never come."

Born and raised in Indiana, Charlie Forrest graduated from high school with honors and immediately enlisted in the United States Navy. As a young midshipman, Forrest's only real battle experience came in Grenada, where his best friend was fatally wounded and Forrest himself was shot in the hand. The wound cost him two fingers on his left hand.

Forrest won a Purple Heart and a Silver Star for his heroism and survival in Grenada; he ascended the Naval ranks, becoming a Captain before his retirement from the Armed Forces in June of 2003. Part of what prompted his retirement was that he had not been asked to aid in the efforts in Afghanistan.

Forrest attended Central Michigan University for four years after leaving the Navy, earning a Bachelor's degree in engineering. Upon graduating, he moved to Ann Arbor to be near his college-age son.

Forrest lives in Nashville, Tennessee, with his English bulldog, Gibby, named after Kirk Gibson. His birthdate is July 7, 1963.

05-14-07, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
Ye gawds.

For the pre-Japan contestants, how much of this was on the old CBS pages (which I know are still reachable), how much was researched, and how much is woven from whole cloth?

05-14-07, 11:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
For the pre-Japan contestants? Everything but the first paragraph of their bios is straight from CBS, with a few edits made for chronology (hey, CBS pretty much did the same thing for their All-Stars bios.) Those first paragraphs? Made up completely based on what I thought they'd be doing (well, I knew Tom left the FDNY based on Palau post-show news stories, but beyond that, the rest is all educated guesses. Pretty much anything that happens for the pre-Japan cast between their appearance and my story is educated guesses, some to fit in with my storyline.)

Wacko Jacko 2353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-14-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
Excuse me, call me ignorant. Japan??? I have no clue what you are talking about?

05-14-07, 12:13 PM (EST)
10. "RE: From the ZBC - Survivor: All-Stars II Preview"
Sorry, remind me to link to the season I wrote last summer. Kind of like Estee's Society Islands season, except done in a completely different style (I didn't have a main character, for example) and a lot less backstage and viewer-response stuff. Basically, kind of like 2001: A Space Odyssey - not quite fulfilling, but you have to see it to understand the goodness that comes next. I will link to each episode in the OP.

05-14-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
11. "What's going on here."
Since its inception, RTVW has hosted three fictional Survivor seasons. They are:

Blowsvivor (Story form using RTVW members as contestants, and it will never be done again, never ever ever, don't even ask.)
Society Islands (First-person narration with Internet commentary, set as Season #13 on its timeline, airing the fall after Exile Island.)
Japan (Script style with media articles, set as Season #15 for its own timeline, airing the fall after Fiji.)

For the purposes of Zoidberg's All-Stars tale, the Japan timeline is treated as being real: this lets him mix that cast with the original players to create an All-Star selection of twenty. While the actual series is on hiatus, he'll be providing us with a weekly dose of Jeff & Company: a little storytelling around the fire about some of our favorites and not-so-favorites to help get us through the summer. Hopefully all the players have learned something from previous experience.

Hopefully.

05-14-07, 01:43 PM (EST)
12. "RE: What's going on here."
Couldn't have put it better myself.

The fan in me was rooting for Yau-Man to win Fiji, but the author in me was relieved to not have to explain why Aras would be the only post-All-Stars winner not included in the cast.

Wacko Jacko 2353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-14-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What's going on here."
Maybe than this should be in the games forum, because it is confusing to those of us not 'in' with it.

vince3 15726 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What's going on here."
If it leaves Fanatics, I suggest they create a forum for Survivor Fan Fiction. That would be the best place for it......

05-14-07, 02:10 PM (EST)
15. "RE: What's going on here."
Definition problem. If the creation of a full fictional season, from first credits to last vote, isn't an act of fanaticism, then what is? It's sure not a game...

And it's not a question of being in with it. There are no invitations or exclusions. You either read it or you don't. (Given that we've got five digits of registered members and a few times that in lurkers, it's safe to say that the incredibly vast majority go with 'don't'.)

Wait -- okay, sorry. There are no invitations or exclusions unless you happen to be a former or fictional contestant. Zoidberg didn't leave you out, did he?

Do what I do. If you don't like the imaginary season, then use the imaginary remote and change the imaginary channel.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •