The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Fanfiction - Survivor: Japan"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-02-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Fanfiction - Survivor: Japan"
This post will not have any of the story in it, but this thread will. My first reply will be the first episode. Hopefully, this will satisfy a Survivor fix for some of you here. That or you will think it's garbage or it's too much to read. Hopefully some of you think it's good, and hopefully some of you will even start rooting for people.

I will say this much - I have only written the first episode, and I don't know who's going to get voted off. I actually made my decision about who to boot as I was writing the last segment this time, so anything can and will happen.

Anywho, the fanfic is called Survivor: Japan and is based in the Ogasawara island group about 600 miles southeast of Tokyo. I wrote the first episode to simulate a 90-minute premiere; all others except the finale will be like 60-minute episodes. The finale will be 120 minutes as usual, and I still don't know if I want to write a Reunion.

Happy reading! (And hopefully happy writing for me.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Survivor: Japan Episode 1: “What ar... Colonel Zoidberg 07-02-06 1
   RE: Survivor: Japan Episode 1: “Wha... Estee 07-06-06 2
       RE: Survivor: Japan Episode 1: “Wha... Colonel Zoidberg 07-06-06 3
           RE: Survivor: Japan Episode 1: “Wha... cahaya 07-15-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-02-06, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Survivor: Japan Episode 1: “What are they trying to do, make us lazy?”"
The camera pans over a vast array of islands, focusing on a single cargo ship cruising through the sub-tropical area off the coast of Japan. The Ogasawara Island chain, situated more than 600 miles southeast of Tokyo, is formed from volcanic activity.

The camera zooms to a lone man standing on the deck of the cargo ship. The man is revealed to be Jeff Probst, host of the CBS series “Survivor.”

Jeff: I’m standing here on the deck of the Kyosho Maru, a cargo and travel ship here far off the coast of Japan. The Kyosho Maru transports tourists, goods, and other necessary items from island to island here in Ogasawara area. Though there are many islands here in this sub-tropical part of the world, only a handful will serve as a home for eighteen men and women who are in competition for a $1 million grand prize.

The camera pans to an overview of Nishino Shima, an isolated island to the western part of Ogasawara.

Jeff: Right now, the players are split into two groups, one of men and one of women. None of them know each other, and all come from different walks of life. For now, they will live on separate islands and will be unaware of the players of the opposite sex. Soon, each group will reach its home island and build a new society. They will have to build shelter, find food, boil water, and survive the elements and each other. This time, players will have to contend with a volatile environment known for earthquakes, volcanoes, and even tsunamis. Every three days, the Survivors will compete for immunity, with the winning tribe being safe from the ritual of Tribal Council. The losers will take part in Tribal Council, where one of their own will be banished from the game. This will continue until only two remain, and the most recently banished will cast one final vote for the winner of the $1 million.

The camera turns briefly back to Jeff.

Jeff: Nine men and nine women will be playing the game, each having no idea that the other group is even here.

The camera turns to a speedboat carrying nine females arranged in three rows of three; all are looking forward, and none are speaking.

Jeff: The nine women will begin the game on Hahajima, or Mother Island. The women will wear purple buffs and be knows as Geisha, or musicians and entertainers common to a modernizing Japan.

The camera pans to a tribe flag depicting the word “Geisha” in both English and Japanese, with the insignia for “Survivor: Japan” below it on a purple background.

Jeff: The Geisha tribe membership consists of…

Pan to a background video of a female playing basketball.

Jeff: Becky Hammon, 30 years old, professional basketball play from Bronx, New York.

Becky: Playing on a team is not a new concept for me; after all, I do play professional basketball. It’s my entire life. I hope that isn’t a huge problem out here…

Jeff: Catharine Feeley, 25 years old, associate professor from Evanston, Illinois.

Catharine: I am definitely not going to be in Chicago anymore. I just hope the fact that I come from money doesn’t backfire against me…

Jeff: Elaine Wingate, 39 years old, attorney from Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Elaine: This is definitely an adventure of a lifetime for me. It’s nothing like what I would see at Harvard…

Jeff: Harriet Holden, 55 years old, bank manager from Austin, Texas.

Harriet: Money has been my entire life. Ironic that this is the first thing I have done in years that isn’t about money, and the pot is a million bucks…

Jeff: Loretta Washington, 44 years old, undercover police officer from Hartford, Connecticut.

Loretta (in sunglasses and a black hat): Being the one no one suspects is what I do every day. This will be the first time I get seven figures for it…

Jeff: Maria Savovic, 26 years old, medical assistant from Buffalo, New York.

Maria (with a thick Serbian accent): If Yugoslavia didn’t kill me, those other Survivors don’t stand a chance…

Jeff: Paula Stanley, 35 years old, career counselor from Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Paula (in a thick Southern drawl): Growing up, I was always taught not to lie, cheat, or steal. Southerners are excellent teachers. Too bad I wasn’t a good student…

Jeff: Rachel Johnson, 22 years old, homemaker from Denver, Colorado.

Rachel: Just sit back and let the rest of them destroy each other. It might even be a pretty good show…

Jeff: Tara Donnelly, 21 years old, student and model from Los Angeles, California.

Tara (holding a book by John Nash): They’re all going to underestimate me. Well, guys, have fun with that…

The camera pans then to Chichijima Island, with a speedboat coming toward it. First, it shows nine men arranged similarly to the women; none of them are speaking. It then pans to a banner with a red background showing the word “Ronin” in English and Japanese. Just like its equivalent banner at the Geisha camp, this has a “Survivor: Japan” logo.

Jeff: The nine men will begin the game on Chichijima, or Father Island. The men will wear red buffs and be known as Ronin, or masterless samurai.

The camera pans to the image of a man with a computer in front of him and a religious book in his hand.

Jeff: Abdullah Ilam, 29 years old, software engineer from Annapolis, Maryland.

Abdullah (with a noticeable Iranian accent): People look at me and see a Muslim and may assume I am evil. Well, they should get to know me; they will understand that I am, in fact, evil…

Jeff: Antonio Fernandez, 58 years old, public defender from Scottsdale, Arizona.

Antonio (with a slightly Mexican and slightly Southwestern accent): My life is about doing what I must. Rest assured, I always win.

Jeff: Billy Duster, 26 years old, construction worker from Montgomery, Alabama.

Billy (in a thick Alabama accent): I will outwork anyone. I will outwin everyone. I don’t stop at outwitting, outplaying, and outlasting. Anyone who stops there has no chance.

Jeff: Charlie Forrest, 44 years old, retired Navy captain from Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Charlie (carrying two Navy medals): When I lead, other people follow. When I take charge, people listen. I guess I just have a way with people.

Jeff: Danny Torrance, 24 years old, graduate student from West Hollywood, California.

Danny: This is definitely my first time doing anything outdoors. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous, but I never let my fear show.

Jeff: Jason Reese, 22 years old, waiter from Gainesville, Florida.

Jason (wearing a Florida Gators hat): The bad news was that I learned only one thing in college. The good news is that was how to play Survivor.

Jeff: Kevin Fizer, 37 years old, collegiate hockey coach from St. Paul, Minnesota.

Kevin: I’ve played hockey all my life. It’s a rough game, but I’m a rough man. All those years of playing on ice left me with ice in my veins.

Jeff: Steve Shankman, 33 years old, financial advisor from Forth Worth, Texas.

Steve: I once sold a loan with 24 percent interest to the cheapest man I know, and he was happy about it. These people are like dominoes waiting to be knocked down.

Jeff: Waylon Davies, 41 years old, horse breeder from Helena, Montana.

Waylon (on horseback): Being outdoors is nothing new to me. Going after big money is routine. Being on TV? Now that scares me a bit.

Jeff: Thirty-nine days, 18 castaways, one sole Survivor. Who will it be?

The screen pans to shots of Japanese warriors in fierce battle, spliced with images of great ships and dojos. As pictures of gold coins and logos of “Survivor: Japan,” “Ronin,” and “Geisha,” begin to appear, the Survivor theme begins to play in the background while the castaways are shown in various outdoor images wearing their respective tribal buffs. The Geisha members are shown first in alphabetical order, followed by the Ronin members in similar fashion. The screen pans finally to a background of waves, ripples, and islands with the “Survivor: Japan” insignia superimposed over it.

At this point, the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Hahajima Island, Geisha camp, Day 1. Geisha members disembark from the speedboat and arrive at their campsite, where a crate awaits them with the inscription “Geisha” on the lid. Elaine is the first to reach for the lid and open it; Paula puts her hands inside to reach for the contents.

Paula: Looks like all we have here in a big knife and a pot. Oh, and here’s a bag of stuff.

Tara: I wonder if that’s our buffs.

Rachel: Do we get any food or anything? Is this all they give us?

Catharine: So we’re all a tribe? Are we the only ones?

(confessional) Loretta: So there are nine of us out here. I was thinking, aren’t there usually more of us? I wonder if there’s anything going on.

(confessional) Harriet: So they actually expect me to live with eight other women. Oh well, at least if this is all my competition, my odds of winning just went way up.

Elaine: Wait, there’s something in here…let me take a look…it looks like a map.

Catharine: Is that…two maps?

Maria: So…this one goes to water and this one goes to…doesn’t say. I wonder what it goes to.

(confessional) Tara: So one of my new tribemates noticed a second map, and we all sat around wondering what it’s for. Maybe it’s to more players…some guys, I hope.

Paula: So, let’s see…some of us need to build a shelter, some of us need to start a fire, and let’s see…two of you take these maps and make sense of them.

Paula hands the water map to Rachel and the mystery map to Tara.

Rachel: What? Just because we’re the youngest, we go find water?

Paula: Do you have a better idea? The fact is, we need water here. Would you rather build shelter or start a fire?

Rachel (storming away and handing the water map to Catharine): Here, you make sense of this; I’m tired.

Catharine rolls her eyes at Rachel and walks over to Tara.

Catharine: OK, so let’s not get separated. We’ll find the water source first and then do that later.

Tara: Aww, come on; I’m curious.

Catharine: It’s not like we won’t do this tonight or anything.

Tara: I’m kidding; I was making a joke, crazy lady.

Catharine: Excuse me? Crazy lady? Are you just going to make up nicknames for the entire tribe?

Tara: Do you have a better idea?

(confessional) Catharine: OK, so Tara and I were in charge of finding the water, and apparently I am now the ‘crazy lady.’ So I guess I have to think up a nickname for her now.

(confessional) Paula: I guess I just emerged as the leader. I designed the shelter, I delegated the jobs, and everything seemed to work. Most of the girls seemed happy with that arrangement; even Harriet listened to me, and she told me she hasn’t taken instruction in almost 20 years. There’s just one little problem…

The camera pans to Geisha members building shelter and attempting to start a fire with Loretta’s glasses while Rachel sits back and watches.

(confessional) Becky: Most of the tribe works together really well, but Rachel just sits back and whines. We ask her for help, and she just tells us she’s tired or that she doesn’t know how to start a fire. Get over it already. I don’t know how to start a fire either, but that’s what Paula asked me to do, so that’s what I did.

Maria: This is not working! Why can’t we start a fire here? Do we have anything we can use? We get something going, and the wind blows it out!

Loretta: Relax already. Getting upset isn’t going to start a fire.

Maria: I know…it’s just hard. We started this two hours ago and all we get is a little smoke. This would be so much easier with a lighter.

Rachel: Maybe they should have let me bring mine.

Maria: Maybe you should get over here and help if you know so much about fire.

Rachel: The only fire I ever light was on the tip of a cigarette.

Maria: Well, if you can light one of those, maybe you can help us.

(confessional) Rachel: People think I just sit around and complain, but this is hard. I don’t think anyone else is going through what I am. I smoked a lot, and I mean a lot, before I came out here, and I haven’t had one since last night. Plus we all have to listen to Paula…who died and put her in charge? Sheesh.

Paula: Rachel, for the last time, get over here and help me tie this roof on!

Rachel: No, I don’t want to…I’ll probably just do more harm than good. My hands are shaking and I need food.

Paula: We all need food. Maybe Loretta will get the fire going here in a sec and we will have some water for strength.

Rachel sighs and rolls her eyes at Paula.

Paula (to Becky): OK, maybe you can help me.

Becky: Wait, what kind of knot are we going for?

Paula: Hell, I don’t care; just tie it on so it doesn’t flop off.

Becky: OK, I can do that.

(confessional) Becky: Paula’s no different from most of my coaches. I actually don’t mind having her as a leader. Besides, it means I don’t have to lead, and it takes a target off my back.

Catharine and Tara come back from the water source with a pot full of water.

Tara: Any luck with the fire? We got some water here, and we need to boil it.

Loretta: Sorry girls…nothing yet but a little smoke.

Tara: Damnit. Now we’re going to have a pot of useless water sitting around.

Elaine: I’ll drink it.

Loretta: What are you, out of your mind? Do you want to be carried out of here on a stretcher?

Elaine: What’s the worst that can happen?

Loretta: Umm…I just said you will be carried out of here on a stretcher?

(confessional) Elaine: No fire, no water. Well, unless you’re really thirsty and want to take your chances.

Elaine is seen filling her canteen with unboiled water and drinking it. Loretta is seen giving her a disapproving look.

Elaine: Look, I’ve done worse stuff. I ate raw meat once and didn’t get sick.

Catharine: Well, if you want to take your chances, go for it. Just try not to get sick where I can see you.

Paula walks over to Elaine.

Paula (to Elaine): Are you sure this is a good idea?

Elaine: Look. I am 39 years old, and I know what I’m doing.

Paula: I just don’t want to see you cause problems for the tribe; that’s all.

Elaine: Well, I would rather be hydrated than wait for fire. None of the fire girls got anything going.

Paula: Well, at least we have a shelter. All we need now is a fire. And it can’t come soon enough.

The camera pans away from Hahajima, and the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Chichijima, Ronin camp, Day 1. Ronin camp members are already at camp trying to build fire. The crate is opened and tossed aside with all nine members wearing their red buffs.

Waylon: This fire-building is so much easier with lighter fluid. I need something to get this going; this dry wood just isn’t cutting it.

Steve: Doesn’t anyone on this tribe wear glasses or something we can use for this?

Antonio: Ahh, damn. I knew I should have brought my reading glasses.

Billy: What the hell would you want reading glasses out here? What are we going to read, the side of a tree?

Charlie: Were you listening at all? We need something to start a fire with.

(confessional) Steve: It’s times like these I wish I hadn’t switched to contact lenses in college. I just had to be rid of glasses, and now it’s coming back to bite me.

Kevin: Well, at least we have a pretty nice shelter. First we build this, and then tomorrow we turn it into a mansion.

(confessional) Kevin: Well, I wanted to turn it into a hockey rink, since I think it’s too hot out here, but I guess I can’t complain.

Waylon: Where’s a damn book of matches to start this fire? I’ve been sitting here all day and nothing.

Charlie: Quiet, fire guy.

Waylon: I got a name, man.

Charlie: I know; it’s just that you’re the only guy that hasn’t gotten the job done. Even the water guy got us a whole bunch of water, and now we can’t drink it because there’s no fire.

Waylon: Oh, I see. Stick me with the hardest job and throw me over the coals when I can’t get it working.

Charlie: Sure would be nice to have some coals to throw you over.

Waylon: If I had coals, we wouldn’t have this fire problem.

Charlie: Yeah, I know; I’m just giving you a hard time.

Waylon: Well, maybe you can help me.

Charlie: Damn it, what do I look like, a Marine?

(confessional) Charlie: Waylon and I were just messing around. (pause) And really, I love the Marines, but I haven’t been able to do what they do for some time. Maybe that’s why I retired.

Antonio: Well, I got us some water here, but if Waylon the Wonder Boy can’t get us a fire burning, I don’t think we can drink it—

Waylon: Maybe you guys want to try this. Here, go nuts. Here’s a machete; find yourselves a big rock and have at it.

(confessional) Waylon: I was the only one who couldn’t get it done. We had one guy looking for water, a couple of guys looking for fish, and the rest of the guys on shelter. Well, we’re going to eat tonight and have us fresh water – if we can ever get the damn fire going. Otherwise, we just killed three big fish we can’t eat.

Jason: Wait, can’t we eat these things raw? This is Japan, after all; they eat raw fish all the time.

Danny: What, eating raw fish? I’ve tried a few crazy things, but I like my food cooked, thanks.

Kevin: I cook pretty good meals at home and all, but I need heat. This just isn’t doing it for me. And if you guys would get a few sparks going instead of just yelling at each other--

Charlie: I told you we’re just messing around. Sheesh, haven’t you ever heard of cracking a few jokes so that way you don’t feel like cracking each other’s heads?

Kevin: First get the fire going and then crack all the jokes you want.

Charlie: Listen here, Ice Queen. I served in the Navy for 22 years. I sure as hell won’t sit here and listen to some dude who plays with sticks telling me what to do.

Kevin: Hey, back off. I don’t want to cause any trouble.

Charlie: Yeah, I know. I was just giving you a hard time.

Kevin: Yeah, maybe you should warn me next time you want to do that.

Charlie: Yeah, maybe I will.

(confessional) Billy: It’s the first day and already Charlie seems to think it’s his job to give everyone a hard time, as he likes to call it. I don’t know…maybe he’ll grow on me after a while.

Abdullah starts taking a flat piece of rock and smashing it against the machete in order to make sparks.

Charlie: What are you trying to do, break the knife?

Abdullah: Hey, do you want fire or not?

(confessional) Charlie: And then Abdullah takes this big old rock and starts whacking the knife with it like he’s trying to either start a fire or snap the knife in half. Maybe if it works and we get a fire, then we can get something to solder the knife back together if he breaks it.

Antonio: Well at least we have stuff that might be useful if we ever get a fire.

Kevin: Will you take a look at this shelter? This is a hell of a shelter. Let’s just take some time to look at it. We did a hell of a job with it. And you guys want to go and burn it down or something.

The camera pans to night. Players are seen only with a bluish-green night vision camera.

(confessional) Jason: Well, it’s our first night here. I really like having a nice shelter that fits all of us.

Camera pans to Charlie sitting outside the shelter.

(confessional): Jason: Well, everyone who cares to sleep in the shelter anyway.

(confessional) Charlie: I’ve slept in worse places than this. I basically did everything with the Navy but go to war. I don’t need any shelter, but damnit, I need a fire.

Camera shows Charlie continuing to search for rocks to use as flint for a fire.

Charlie: One of these rocks has to be good for a fire.

Waylon: Damnit Charlie, stop that racket and go to sleep. We’ll get a fire in the morning.

Charlie: I ain’t tired, people. And I need a fire. And if I ain’t tired, no one is, so come over here and help me.

(confessional) Danny: When Charlie has something he can’t do, all he wants to do is figure out how to do it. It doesn’t matter to him what it takes to do it; he’s going to do it.

Billy: Will you cut that out? I don’t care if you want to climb a tree and sleep in it; just quit making all that noise.

Charlie: It’s no different from a broken air conditioner back home. Get the hell off my back.

All of a sudden, some sparks appear and a few shreds of wood seem to catch on fire.

Charlie: Wait for it…and someone help me see if I can get the same thing going over here…

Some time seems to elapse, as the fire looks like it’s getting bigger.

Charlie: Did I tell you? Come on, did I tell you? Now we have fire!

Charlie starts jumping up and down for joy until he starts clutching his back.

(confessional) Abdullah: Well, Charlie finally got his fire, and then he hurt his back. Maybe he’ll shut up about it now so we can all sleep.

Charlie: What, I get you a fire, and I don’t even get a thanks? **sigh**

(confessional) Charlie: I see how much I’m wanted around here. I get these slackers a fire, and all I get if people telling me to go to sleep. (pause) And damnit, my back’s still killing me.

The camera cuts to an overview of Chichijima with a fire burning, and the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Geisha camp, day 2. Survivors appear to be waking up.

Catharine (to Tara): How did you sleep?

Tara: Did I sleep?

Paula: Umm, yeah. I heard you snoring.

Tara: I took forever to fall asleep last night. That shelter’s not to most comfortable thing in the world.

Paula: Well, young lady, you think you can do better?

Tara: That wasn’t my job yesterday.

Paula: Well, it can be if you want it to be.

Tara: Well, if you or someone wants to help me, then sure. Maybe someone can figure out what that other map is for.

Camera switched to Becky and Maria following the mystery map back to its secret destination.

Becky: If this is something stupid, I am going to be really pissed off.

Maria: What do you think it is?

Becky: Hopefully a bunch of lit torches or something.

Maria: No argument here. Not having fire is killing me. We can’t do anything without fire.

Becky: Well, Elaine can, but she’s crazy.

The two arrive at the place revealed on the map. It turns out it’s the site of their Tree Mail, and two items await them.

Maria: Let’s see what’s in here…

Maria opens the bag to reveal rice.

Maria: OH MY…It’s rice! We’re saved!

Becky: Not so fast, honey. We need fire to boil water for rice.

Maria: Can’t I be happy for one minute?

Becky: Let’s see what else we have here…it looks like your first Tree Mail.

Becky and Maria take the rice and the Tree Mail back to camp, seemingly without reading anything.

Becky: We have Tree Mail, folks!

Maria: And rice.

Paula: Wait, rice? Why are they torturing us like this? All this stuff we can’t use?

Loretta: We get the idea about the fire, Paula; give it a rest.

The camera switches locations.

Ronin camp, Day 2.

Abdullah: We have Tree Mail. And what appears to be rice.

Charlie: Rice? What are they trying to do, make us lazy?

Waylon: Hey, it’s food; we need everything we can get.

Kevin (from Tree Mail): Buried in the sand, you must decide where,

Antonio (from Tree Mail): Follow the coordinates, there’s no time to spare.

Billy (from Tree Mail): Unlock a puzzle and solve it, then cut it down to size,

Danny (from Tree Mail): Do it well or maybe all hope for you dies.

Charlie: What the hell does that mean?

Danny: It’s a puzzle of some sort.

Geisha camp, Day 2.

Elaine: So this bag has rice in it? And what’s this note say?

Tara (from note on rice bag): With Tree Mail, you will receive rations of rice. Use it wisely or you will wish you had never come to Japan.

Camera pans over another area. This is Nishino Shima, and the tribes are shown rowing to it.

Jeff: Come on in, guys!

The Ronin and Geisha tribes are seeing each other for the first time.

Tara: So there are guys here!

Jeff: Yes, there are guys here. But so far, you have been divided into a group of men and a group of women. How’s that working out for you guys so far?

Charlie: I’ll work with anyone. I worked with women in the Navy and I worked with men too. It don’t matter to me. You want me to stay out here with a bunch of chimps, I’ll do it.

Jeff: No chimps here. But I’ll tell you what we need from you here. Before we get to the first challenge, you will need to split into groups. Since the challenge involves searching in a grid with coordinates, and since the challenge is in stages, you will need to split into three groups of three. Each tribe needs players who are strong starters, players who are good at unlocking things, and players who are just plain strong. Once you have your groups, you can begin playing.

Camera pans to the Geisha tribe trying to divide up the positions.

Harriet: Well, if I have to do something, I can unlock things. I might not be the strongest, but I like to think my mind is pretty sharp.

Paula: OK, you can join me with unlocking things. Come on Tara; help us unlock things.

Tara: Whatever that means.

Camera switches to the Ronin tribe.

Billy: I’ll be the strong guy, I guess.

Charlie: Just put me where you want me, people. I’ll do anything.

Waylon: Hey Charlie, you’re a strong starter.

Charlie: OK, sure.

Jeff: So you have groups now?

Several Survivors: Yes!

Jeff: OK, reach in the bags for your first clues.

Each player reaches into the sacks in front of them.

The camera shows Maria pulling out a red buff.

Maria: What is this? Am I a Ronin now?

Elaine: Yeah, what gives? How am I a Ronin too?

Waylon: How the hell did this happen? I’m a G—damn Geisha!

Jeff: What, you guys really thought we were doing guys against girls?

Charlie: Well, yeah. That’s what I thought was going on.

Jeff: Trust me, it’s no guys against girls.

Charlie: Well, I know that now.

Jeff: Anyone who has a red buff come to my left. If you have a purple buff, come to my right.

Paula: What about us here with the gold buffs?

Rachel: Yeah, do we get a nicer camp or something?

Jeff: You wish. You guys with the gold buffs come to my center.

The tribes gather into three groups.

At Jeff’s left, the red tribe consists of Becky, Elaine, Maria, Charlie, Danny, and Steve.

In front of Jeff, the gold tribe consists of Catharine, Paula, Rachel, Antonio, Jason, and Kevin.

At Jeff’s right, the purple tribe consists of Harriet, Loretta, Tara, Abdullah, Billy, and Waylon.

Jeff: Those of you with the red buffs, you are Minamoto. I have your tribe flag here and a map to your home. For you guys with gold buffs, you are Taira. Here’s your tribe flag and a map. Those with purple buffs are now Fujiwara; I have your tribe flag and map here. Ronin and Geisha are no more; you are three tribes with six members each. You are no longer split by gender.

The tribes are shown still in shock. At this point, the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Nishino Shima, Day 2. Jeff is still talking to the Survivors, who are unclear about what’s going on.

Jeff: But we’re not done here. The challenge is still on; it will just be between three tribes. The grid is twenty meters by ten meters and has a few spots marked off as coordinates. Three of you for each tribe will be responsible for locating the first set of clues. You will be given coordinates and will have to dig for those clues. When you find a clue, hand it to one of the other three tribe members, who will dig up that item. Two of the items are keys; the other is a knife. The keys are to those cages over there; the cages hold simple puzzles. Once you solve the puzzle, cut the rope to raise your tribe’s flag. At this point, I will come check your work. If you are right and you are one of the first two tribes to finish, you win immunity. However, there is one catch – if you are wrong, you get a five-minute penalty and have to retry the puzzle. If you fail again, your tribe loses automatically.

The camera pans back to Jeff.

Jeff: Also, there’s a couple of things in addition worth playing for. The two tribes that win immunity also win flint for making fire.

Charlie: I don’t need no flint.

Maria: Well, some of us do.

Charlie: Well, OK.

Jeff: As an added bonus for finishing first, the winning tribe will receive luxury items for every tribe member. Whatever you brought as a luxury item, you will receive it if your tribe finishes first. Worth playing for?

Most of the players answer “Yeah!” while one person shouts “Hell yeah!”

Jeff: Take your spots and wait for my go.

The camera pans to the tribes all taking spots near the grid.

Jeff: Remember, only three tribe members may start, and each tribe member can only get one item. Once all six items are uncovered, anyone can start working on the puzzle.

The Survivors start to look a little impatient.

Jeff: Survivors ready?

Taira is shown, with Catharine, Kevin, and Rachel in position.

Jeff: GO!

Immediately, nine players take their clues and run into the grid. To all outward appearances, it’s chaos; each player takes a look at the coordinates, which read something like “2.4N 2.9E” as Abdullah’s clue reads.

Steve goes to the center of the grid and starts pacing off his coordinates; he is heard saying “4.1 North, 3.5 West.” He marks four paces away from the center coordinate, turns left, and marks four more paces. In the middle of his fourth pace, he begins digging.

Jeff: Steve thinks he has something and starts digging. Remember, folks; if it isn’t a scroll in your tribe’s color, it isn’t what you’re looking for.

For Taira, Catharine starts digging close to the middle, and she looks out the corner of her eye, and Kevin seems to have found something as well.

Jeff: Catharine might have her clue. Remember, once you get your clue, hand it off.

The first person shown to reach a clue is Danny. He looks at it and makes sure it has a red tie on it and immediately runs back and hands it to Maria.

Jeff: Danny has his tribe’s first clue! Maria, start searching!

Immediately, Catharine grabs her clue and runs back to hand it to Jason.

Jeff: Catharine got her tribe’s first clue! Jason’s off now!

Rachel is shown digging but having a tough time of it; meanwhile, Kevin takes his clue to Antonio.

Jeff: Taira’s in the lead! Rachel still needs her clue, and then all they need is the keys and the knife!

Fujiwara appears to be falling behind, with three tribe members shown digging but none of them having found anything.

Jeff: Come on Fujiwara; you’re still in this.

At that time, Loretta unearths a clue, and Waylon is shown finding something as well.

Jeff: Fujiwara just got two clues at once! Loretta and Waylon are off to the side; Billy and Tara take off to find items!

Steve grabs a scroll out of the sand and runs back to Charlie.

Jeff: Steve gets his clue! We’re all tied up at two clues each! Charlie, start searching! It’s all on Elaine for Minamoto, Rachel for Taira, and Abdullah for Fujiwara!

The next shot shows Elaine grabbing a clue.

Jeff: Elaine, hand that off to Becky! Get her searching!

At this time, Becky, Charlie, and Maria are all searching for the keys and knife.

For Taira, Jason digs up something wrapped in gold cloth. When he undoes it, it’s a knife.

Jeff: Taira has a knife! Taira’s still waiting on Rachel’s clue, but the knife is out in the open!

Abdullah is the next person shown, and she starts pulling a clue out of the sand. When she has it, she dashes back to Loretta, who starts searching for his clue.

Jeff: Fujiwara has all their clues! Just the keys and knife are left! Only one clue remains for anyone!

Antonio reaches into the sand and grabs a gold cloth; he unravels it and takes out a key.

Jeff: Antonio has a key for Taira! Go unlock one of your locks!

Despite being the last to get her clue, Loretta is the first Fujiwara to uncover a purple cloth containing a key.

Jeff: Loretta has a key for Fujiwara! Go unlock that lock!

Maria appears increasingly frustrated by her search, but Charlie seems to have something. He unravels a knife.

Jeff: Charlie has a knife for Minamoto! We’re pretty even here! Taira, you need the last clue and the second key!

Rachel is haphazardly digging in the sand.

Jeff: Rachel not finding anything in the sand! Keep digging, Rachel!

Maria digs up a red cloth, and inside is one of Minamoto’s keys.

Jeff: Maria has a key! Go unlock one of your locks!

The camera goes back to Rachel, who takes her gold scroll back to Paula.

Jeff: Rachel has the third clue! Paula, start digging; you have some ground to make up!

Paula dashes out to her coordinates, having had time to eye where they might be.

Tara pulls out a purple cloth from in the sand, this one containing a knife.

Jeff: Tara has Fujiwara’s knife! Just one key to remain for all three tribes!

The camera splits between Becky, Paula, and Billy, all of whom are digging furiously.

Suddenly, Becky lifts her head and reveals a red cloth.

Jeff: Becky has something! Yes, it’s the last key! Go open your cage and solve the puzzle!

Minamoto throws the cage open, and Charlie begins working on the puzzle.

The next shot shows Billy carrying his tribe’s key.

Jeff: Fujiwara has the last key! Go unlock your cage and get to work!

Charlie is shown furiously piecing the puzzle together; it is hard to tell if he is getting anywhere.

Paula pulls a gold cloth out of the sand and her tribe begins to run to the cage.

Jeff: Get that cage open, Taira! Paula has the last key!

Charlie is looking to be most of the way done with his puzzle; Harriet is working on Fujiwara’s puzzle while Paula is taking to Taira’s.

Jeff: Very close between Taira and Fujiwara! Minamoto seems to have it in hand!

Charlie grabs the knife and chops the rope holding the tribe’s flag; instantly, it raises to full height.

Jeff: Minamoto thinks they have it!

Jeff inspects Charlie’s work on the puzzle.

Jeff: Minamoto wins immunity!

Instantly, the Minamoto tribe runs off and begins celebrating around its tribe flag.

Jeff: Taira and Fujiwara are still in it! Keep going!

Harriet seems to be having trouble with the puzzle.

Harriet: I can’t see what this is; can anyone help here?

Waylon: Try switching this side around and putting this big piece over here.

Harriet immediately heeds Waylon’s advice, but the results are similar.

At this time, Paula cuts her tribe’s rope and her flag raises.

Jeff: Taira thinks they have it!

Jeff runs over to check their work. Taking a minute to make sure it’s in order, he hesitates to make a decision.

Jeff: Taira wins immunity!

Immediately, Waylon slams his hand on the puzzle table, and Harriet walks off with a defeated look.

Jeff: For Minamoto, I have a crate here with your luxury items. You can take these back to camp. For Taira, you don’t get your items, but you’re safe from the vote.

Jeff pauses for a second with a “but there’s more” look on his face.

Jeff: Also, for Minamoto, you have a choice to make. Some of you are familiar with the Ronin campsite, and some with the Geisha campsite. There is a third campsite on Mukojima, or Bridegroom Island. You don’t know what’s already there; there could be lots of food, firewood, and a shelter already begun, or it could be desolate. It’s a total shot in the dark.

The Minamoto tribe is seen conferring.

Jeff: So Minamoto, the choice is yours. What campsite do you want?

Charlie: No way in hell I’m letting my hard work go to waste from last night. We’re taking the Ronin site.

Jeff: Minamoto will live on Chichijima. Taira, you finished second and have second choice of campsites.

The tribe is heard talking about the merits of the Geisha campsite.

Paula: We’ll take the Geisha campsite.

Jeff: Minamoto gets the Ronin site; Taira is off to Geisha. Fujiwara will be at the Mukojima campsite and will be meeting me for Tribal Council tomorrow. You have your maps; head to your new homes.

Clips of Minamoto celebrating and raising its tribe flag appear immediately before cutting to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Chichijima Island, Minamoto tribe, Day 2. Charlie’s fire still appears to be burning, and the tribe is gathered around it.

Steve: Great challenge, guys. This is a hell of a way to christen a tribe.

Becky: Now we have stuff to do here; it’s nice. I guess, for my luxury item, now we need to build a basketball hoop.

(confessional) Becky: I never told the Geisha tribe that I play pro basketball. But when I won my luxury item, a basketball, I felt like I didn’t really have much of a choice. Besides, it’s not like I’m LeBron James or anything; the tribe took it really well.

(confessional) Steve: It’s pretty amazing; we have a retired Navy captain and a pro basketball player on this tribe. I guess it makes my job as a financial advisor look pretty dull.

Maria (to Becky): We have everything already done here; it’s nice. Now we can actually build your basketball hoop and have some fun around here.

Becky: Do you know anyone here who’s ten feet tall so we can hang one up?

Maria: This is going to be harder than I thought.

The camera pans to Mukojima, home of the Fujiwara tribe.

Tara: So it looks like we got screwed here. Just how are we going to build a shelter?

Billy: And we still have no flint for a fire.

Waylon: And no Charlie for a fire. Damn, that was amazing. Anyone got a big rock or something?

(confessional) Loretta: We lost the challenge, so now we have Tribal Council coming up. One of the six of us has to go home first. Right now, I’m not really thinking about who it should be, but give it time and I will probably have a pretty good idea of who should leave first.

The camera pans to a fast forward of day changing to night and back to day. At Fujiwara, a shelter is most of the way built, and no fire is there.

Abdullah (to Waylon): So have you though about the vote?

Waylon: A little. Just remember who cost us the challenge.

Abdullah: Harriet?

Waylon: Yeah.

Abdullah: You can definitely make a case for getting rid of Harriet.

Waylon: Have you said anything to Billy?

Abdullah: If we get his vote and one of the women, we’re good.

(confessional) Waylon: Abdullah and I discussed the idea of kicking out Harriet. She couldn’t solve that puzzle when she seemed to think she could. Of course, some people might think I was no help, so I guess that’s something to consider too.

Tara (to Loretta): Who do you want to vote out?

Loretta: I don’t know; do you have any ideas?

Tara: I was thinking one of the boys. Either Abdullah or Waylon. I want to keep Billy.

Loretta: Have you said anything to Harriet about a women’s alliance?

Tara: Not yet; I was going to get Billy in on this as well.

(confessional) Loretta: Abdullah and Waylon seem a little too close for comfort at this point, and Waylon kind of helped blow the challenge yesterday, so I think he’s a target.

Waylon (to Billy): We’re thinking of getting Harriet out.

Billy: Oh, for losing the challenge?

Waylon: I just don’t know of a better way to vote.

Billy: Well, that’s fair.

The camera pans to Harriet.

Harriet (to Billy): I know I’m a big target, but I just wanted you to know that it wasn’t really my idea to do that puzzle.

Billy: Wait, what do you mean?

Harriet: I wanted to hang back and let someone else do it, but no one would take charge, so I went ahead and tried it.

Billy: It did seem like that a little bit. Could any of us have gotten that?

Harriet: I don’t know. I know Waylon couldn’t figure it out.

(confessional) Harriet: I just lied through my teeth to Billy. I wanted that puzzle, and I blew it. But I have to cover my #####, and frankly, making Waylon unpopular is fine by me if it keeps me in the game.

Billy (to Abdullah and Tara): So wait, what’s the plan here?

Tara: I thought we wanted to get rid of Waylon.

Abdullah: Waylon? For what?

Billy: For screwing up the puzzle.

Abdullah: Waylon didn’t even do the puzzle; that was Harriet’s fault.

Billy: But she only took that puzzle because none of us would.

Abdullah: I would have taken that puzzle.

Billy: And done what with it? Why didn’t you take it if you wanted it so bad? Why didn’t you help?

Abdullah: I didn’t want to make her nervous. Too many cooks, you know.

Billy: Did you say anything to her before the puzzle?

Abdullah: I offered to take the puzzle, but she said she could do it.

(confessional) Billy: Wow. Someone’s lying big time. Abdullah says he could have taken the puzzle, but Harriet says no one would do it. I think this will decide who’s out.

Billy (to Harriet): I talked to Abdullah.

Harriet: Really.

Billy: Did you tell him before the puzzle that you wanted to take it, even after he offered?

Harriet: No.

Billy: He tells me you did.

Harriet: I never even talked to him before the puzzle. If he’s lying about that, I hate to think what else he isn’t telling us.

(confessional) Harriet: I just kept on lying. What, I was going to tell them I blew the challenge? That’s crazy.

Camera pans to a dark sky and a torch-lit walkway into a house that is clearly designed for Tribal Council.

As the Fujiwara tribe docks at Tribal Council, which is on Kita Iojima, it walks in single file.

Jeff: Behind each of you is a torch; take it and dip it into the fire. This is part of the ritual of Tribal Council; fire represents life. As long as you have fire, you are still in this game; once your fire is gone, so are you.

All the Fujiwara members sit down.

Jeff: So you’re the first tribe to come here. Tell me, what’s it like at your new home?

Tara: There was nothing when we got there. We still don’t have a fire, and our shelter’s still a work in progress.

Jeff: So you’ve been there a day and a half, and the shelter still isn’t done?

Tara: We don’t have a lot to work with, and we were all exhausted from building our original shelters.

Jeff: Still, you need a shelter.

Tara: We’ll get a shelter once we have a fire and some fresh water.

Jeff: Tell me that you at least know where your water source is.

Abdullah: Of course we do. We don’t have anyone on our tribe crazy enough to drink unboiled water, though.

Loretta: No Elaines here.

Jeff: Elaine from Minamoto?

Loretta: She drank unboiled water over at the Geisha camp.

Jeff: But that’s not for anyone here.

Harriet: I sure as hell won’t drink it. I don’t even think I would bathe in it.

Jeff: So is all this going to be a disadvantage for challenges?

Harriet: I hope not. We just need to work together a bit better.

Abdullah: We were working together this time. You just couldn’t handle that puzzle.

Harriet: No one wanted to take it.

Abdullah: I told you before; I would have taken the challenge.

Harriet: I never remembered having that conversation.

Billy: Come on. This isn’t going to do us any good. We need to keep our tribe together, not tear it apart.

Jeff: So wait a second. Harriet, I know you had trouble with that puzzle, and Waylon, I know you tried to help and couldn’t. Did you want that puzzle, Harriet?

Harriet: I could have taken it or left it. Someone has to be a leader here on this tribe.

Abdullah: I offered to do the puzzle and you told me no.

Jeff: Abdullah, could you have done the puzzle any more quickly?

Abdullah: I don’t know. Maybe I would have beaten Taira. Maybe I would have done worse.

Jeff: But you wanted the puzzle, and Harriet told you no.

Abdullah: That’s what I said.

Jeff: Did this just come out into the open?

Billy: This has been going on since back at camp.

Jeff: Waylon, is this news to you?

Waylon: I haven’t heard much about it.

Jeff: What about you, Loretta?

Loretta: Tara and I have talked with Harriet about it. We don’t really know what to believe.

Jeff: Well, we’ll see what everyone believes here. It is time to vote. Billy, you’re up first.

Billy gets up to vote; he is seen writing a name down, but his vote is not revealed.

Next to vote is Tara; again, her vote is not revealed.

Harriet gets up to vote. She is seen writing a name, and the name she holds up is that of Waylon.

Harriet (into vote camera): I could have had that puzzle if not for your meddling. Back off and get out.

Next to vote is Loretta, whose vote is not shown.

Waylon gets up to vote, and his vote is not revealed.

Abdullah is the last to vote, and he is shown voting for Harriet.

Abdullah: Surely you will be caught in your lie. Maybe next time you will own up to your mistakes.

Abdullah goes back and sits down.

Jeff: I’ll go tally the votes.

Jeff takes the voting urn and walks off; the tribe is shown awaiting the results until Jeff comes back.

Jeff: Once the votes are read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I’ll read the votes.

Jeff reaches into the urn and pulls out a vote.

Jeff: First vote…Harriet.

The camera pans to Harriet, who seems less than shocked.

Jeff: …Waylon.

Waylon: What did I do?

Jeff: …Waylon. Two votes Waylon, one vote Harriet.

Waylon sits impatiently.

Jeff: …Harriet. We’re tied. Two votes Harriet, two votes Waylon. Two votes left.

Jeff reaches in for another vote.

Jeff: …Waylon. One vote left.

Jeff takes out the last vote.

Jeff: The last vote…

He unfolds it.

He looks at it.

Jeff: …the first person voted out of Survivor: Japan…Waylon. Waylon, you need to bring me your torch.

Waylon turns around without a word and grabs his torch. He walks up to Jeff, puts it in the holder, and faces Jeff. Jeff lowers his torch-snuffer, which has a pair of Kanji carved into it.

Jeff: Waylon, the tribe has spoken.

Waylon’s flame is extinguished. He walks off on a bridge built extending from the shelter.

Jeff: Clearly this tribe has a few unresolved issues. Your job over the next few days will be to come together; if you don’t, you will be right back here voting out another of your own. In addition, your torches will remain here at Tribal Council, as you do not have the means to make fire yet. Once you have the means to make fire, you will be allowed to take your torches with you. Head back to camp. Goodnight.

The tribe is shown walking back to its boat with no torches.

The credits begin to roll.

Jeff (voice-over): Stay tune for scenes from our next episode.

Cut to commercial and input from corporate sponsors.

Back from commercial.

Jeff (voice-over): Next time on Survivor…Harriet’s lie comes full-circle against her.

Abdullah: We lost a good man here because you lied about your involvement in the challenge.

Harriet: He was no use, and he lost the challenge as much as I did.

Jeff (voice-over): Tempers flare at the new Taira tribe.

Paula (shouting at Rachel): You do no work! You are completely useless!

Rachel: Will you get off my case? I’m trying to go through detox here!

Paula: I don’t care; you can detox while you help rebuild this shelter!

Jeff: (voice-over): And Minamoto members bare more than their souls to each other.

(confessional) Elaine: Maria’s decided she’s going to be naked around camp.

(confessional) Charlie: If I wanted to see a naked girl on a beach, I’d buy a Playboy. Not that anyone’s going to offer me a shot at a million bucks in a Playboy.

The camera pans to some of Survivor’s sponsors before switching to Waylon.

Waylon (final words): I really don’t know what happened. I know it’s too damn early to be gone; that’s for sure. I don’t know what Harriet told everyone that got them turned against me. I know I was just trying to help her with that puzzle, and I know she wouldn’t have solved it anyway. Seriously, though, I had fun, and I already feel like I need to go back.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 44384 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor: Japan Episode 1: “What are they trying to do, make us lazy?”"
We're taking very different approaches -- you're building episodes and I'm working with the pre-edited footage. Luck to both of us.

07-06-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivor: Japan Episode 1: “What are they trying to do, make us lazy?”"
What I did was I wrote a few attributes about 18 fictional people (well, 17, actually...Becky is based on a real WNBA player and is kind of my answer to Gary Hogeboom and Dan Barry) and did a little research on some Japanese islands. I decided that the Ogasawara island chain would work, picked a few islands, wrote a few twists, and developed the characters pretty much as I wrote it.

I'm not quite clear on how you're working with the pre-edited footage, but then again, I got a little lost the first time I read Society Islands. I just wrote these to mirror what people would see on a TV episode.

cahaya 14104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-15-06, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor: Japan Episode 1: “What are they trying to do, make us lazy?”"
Just to say I'm following both of your stories closely, enjoying each with its unique style. Estee's is very much "in the head" personal perspective of a leading character, the good, the bad, and the ugly, while yours, CZ, is very dialog oriented. I like the characterization in both of them!

Keep up the writing, you two. I'm curious how they'll both turn out as the "season" progresses.

An Arkie Asian creation, with Foo dog images by Bob.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •