The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC4 (FF)- The Plan"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8204 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-14-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC4 (FF)- The Plan"
LAST EDITED ON 07-14-04 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

Wyatt James read the line for the tenth time in a row. It was still the same, hadn’t changed, and wouldn’t change, no matter how many times he read it. The Marlboro hanging from his weathered lips had an ash tip one inch long and about to fall off into his beer, it went unnoticed. The beer itself had grown flat and warm; no salt would lift its flaccid spirit. Johnny Cash droned on in the living room though Wyatt barely had noticed, something about falling into a burning ring of fire.

The love of a good woman can do so much for a man. She can lift him up and make him feel special, warmed by life, complete. She can give man the very reason for his existence, the reason he worked so hard to bring home the measly paycheck, the reason for having children, a family to come home to every night. Sarah was just that woman for Wyatt. From the first moment he saw her he knew. He knew deep down to his withered roots that this is the woman whom he had sought. They were married less then a year later.

He worked hard to put food on the table, a roof over their heads. She stayed home and made the house. Together they made a child, a boy they named Sam. Wyatt and Sarah struggled, but they were living, they were alive, and bringing the house to life in the process.

The winters lasted a long time in the northern parts of Wyoming. They were too long for a man who made his money off sowing the land. He tried to do other things to help with the income, but the accident had rendered him a fraction of the man he once was. If he didn’t have the four months back pay on his mortgage, they were going to come and foreclose.

Wyatt closed his eyes and vividly recalled a time in his life when a similar situation had stripped his father of everything he had. The years of suffering that followed, the cold, the empty bellies, trying to stay one step ahead. When Wyatt's mother couldn't take it anymore, she left. It nearly killed his father. Slowly he opened his weary lids, it was getting late.

Sarah and Sam slept peacefully upstairs in the warmth of their beds, as Wyatt read the letter one last time. He tossed his cigarette to the wooden floor and crushed it with the heel of his boot. Wyatt stood but faltered as his bad leg nearly gave way under the burden of his weight. He knew what he had to do; he had no choice. Awkwardly he limped to the fireplace and stared at the glowing red embers that lay within.

That night was quite a bit warmer than usual at the James homestead. The fire spread rapidly along the wood planks and beams, licked up the walls and ceilings, growing every minute, fueled by everything in its path. By morning there was nothing left but blackened logs and a pile of ash.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC4 (FF)- The Plan zombiebaby 07-14-04 1
 RE: SSC4 (FF)- The Plan Asrai 07-14-04 2
 RE: SSC4 (FF)- The Plan Schnookie Palookie 08-02-04 3
 RE: SSC4 (FF)- The Plan motormouth 08-06-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7021 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-04, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC4 (FF)- The Plan"
Just beautiful! Nice work!

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

The fellowship of the banana has begun...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Asrai 6062 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-04, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC4 (FF)- The Plan"
Very nice, KO. You made me feel understanding for Wyatt's troubles.

"One has just to be oneself. That's my basic message. The moment you accept yourself as you are, all burdens, all mountainous burdens, simply disappear. Then life is a sheer joy, a festival of lights." ~Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-04, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC4 (FF)- The Plan"
Very good Katie! You got me at the end.

motormouth 4421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-06-04, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC4 (FF)- The Plan"
What a story KO. Made me sad for Wyatt and his dad. Very well written. I just gotta ask, did he get his family out first?

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •