The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WSC3 (NF) Fool for Love"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sunny_Bunny 5430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-19-04, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"WSC3 (NF) Fool for Love"
I should explain this a bit. I had a friend who was going through something rather ugly, and asked me to put her feelings into something she could use to heal. This is what I came up with for her.

I remember once loving someone with such abandon that I would have done anything for him. A time when all I wanted was to exorcise his demons and devote myself to making him feel absolute love. I did it willingly, asking only to be loved in return. For the longest time, I thought I was.

Oh the remarkable bliss! I felt alive again--as if all the pain experienced before had prepared me for something truly extraordinary. I remember telling my friends that all I had endured had cleansed me; a purification of fire that had been worth the blistering heat. It made me stronger, wiser, and ready for a love that truly eclipsed everything I ever expected love could be.

Oh, the inexpressible pain upon realizing what a facade I had believed in. The gnawing, inescapable truth that this was no different then what I had fought so hard to leave behind. It seemed so different. The words spoken were more beautiful, the package more lovely, the idea of such a powerful love so real. But at the core lay the undeniable fact that I had once again believed a lie.

But then, perhaps it is not him that is the problem. Perhaps through the tears, the constant reliving of what has transpired, and alternating between loving him to distraction and wanting some sort of divine retribution, the real truth is that I learned nothing from that old pain.

I still can not see the truth. I still believe in the brass ring. I am still a fool for love.

Can I blame myself entirely for being foolish? Should I take all the responsibility? At first glance--yes. I stuck by him because it made me feel good to give him what he was lacking. But in the end, I was doing exactly what I had done before--swallowing my own needs so that someone else felt value and worth.

Someone once told me my love was dangerous; I trusted so faithfully and completely that when someone disappointed me, I found it impossible to ever have faith in them again. There was truth to that, and being aware of it, I allowed myself to forgive being let down. I did it willingly and fully. So, when he did it again, however insignificant it may seem to him, it felt like a blow. I had given him the gift of another chance and it was flung back at me with the disregard he would give his garbage.

I could not stop the wall from securing me again. It shot up taller, stronger, and impregnable. I waited patiently for him to listen to his heart, to see the truth, to decide what he wanted; but in doing so I lost myself. But I have found myself again. Now I am like the stones that comprise my wall.

Now when he talks of love, I will never believe it. This is not my being foolish; it is self preservation. And I hope that one day, when he realizes what he has lost, he learns something from that new pain.

He saw the truth. He caught the brass ring. He was a fool for letting it go.

Newest inductee into "the club." They even gave me a new tub to sleep in, see?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WSC3 (NF) Fool for Love KObrien_fan 01-19-04 1
 RE: WSC3 (NF) Fool for Love L82LIFE 01-19-04 2
 RE: WSC3 (NF) Fool for Love buckeyegirl 01-21-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8204 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WSC3 (NF) Fool for Love"
You are a wonderful friend Bunny, nicely written. In fact it sounds familiar to me, like my first long relationship, lol.

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WSC3 (NF) Fool for Love"
Very emotional piece, Bunny. The feelings you've captured here are very raw and painful, yet somehow still full of hope, since she is finally taking back herself. Beautifully written.

buckeyegirl 5446 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-04, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WSC3 (NF) Fool for Love"

That was incredible Bunny. The emotions you wrote about pulled at my heart. You are a wonderful friend.

Goodwill Ambassador to the G.A.W.K.U.R. Division of OT

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •