The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC3 Awards! "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

DataShark 1395 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DataShark Click to send private message to DataShark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC3 Awards! "
First let me apologize to everyone for the time it took to get these results posted. No excuses but I want to thank you all for your patience. I promise to do better.

Again, we all need to thank SherpaDave for setting this up and I want to personally thank him for the opportunity to help with this. Thanks Dave!

And now I shall steal Dave’s words from the WSC2 awards. Mostly because these words still hold for SSC3 but also cuz I weighted the points system the same way. (If it aint broke…)

A huge thanks to everyone who entered, everyone who read the entries, everyone who gave feedback and everyone who voted. Once again, the talent shown by the members of this board was outstanding. The broad array of talent was clearly demonstrated in the voting--every single piece received at least one vote. So are you ready for the awards? Good!

First, a brief explanation of how the winners were determined. I used a weighted points system wherein first place votes were worth 3 points, second place votes were worth 2 points, and third place votes were worth 1 point. Make sense? I hope so! Okay, here are the winners! Yay!

Non-Fiction (NF)
Gold: Caroline by Devious Weasel
Silver: Senescent Hearts by Wheezy
Bronze: All Grown Up by L82LIFE

Flash Fiction (FF)
Gold: The Last Game by TechNoir
Silver: Anatomy of a DAW by Java
Bronze: The Person Nobody Likes by Coconut

Short Stories (SS)
Gold: Mission Improbable-Hulaboobs Part 1 Part2 By L82LIFE
Silver: Let Go of Yourself, and Soar Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Conclusion by Sunny_Bunny

Humor (HU)
Gold: To Dave, With Love by Silvergirl1

Persona Narrative (PN)
Gold: Persona Narrative 101 by Bebo

Free Verse (FV)
Gold: Unwanted by Breezy
Silver: Sunday in New York With Ra by Sunny_Bunny
Bronze: Enter by cqvenus

Rhyming Poetry (RP)
Gold: Love Storm by Sunny_Bunny
Silver: Why Do I Despise You? by Breezy
Bronze (We have a tie):
Dentist Visit by SaphireLady
Light Pollution by cqvenus

Photography (PH)
Gold: View from a boathouse by Java
Silver (We have another tie):
Butterfly by Breezy
Over The Rainbow by echogirl
Silver: Reach For The Sky by echogirl

Visual Art (VA)
Gold: Iggy The Psychedelic Glow Worm by echogirl
Silver: Reflections by echogirl
Bronze: Alien by cqvenus

Salman Rushdie Award
Since the time BDS (Before DataShark), in fact since the first Story Competition, this honor is bestowed upon the person who did not win another award but embodies the spirit of the contest. For the SSC3 we have two people who share this award. Both individuals provided feedback and caring encouragement to the participants of the SSC3. One stepped up and submitted a piece of their work in the contest. The writers and artists create their work putting a little piece of themselves in their submission. The best recognition that can be received is to have their work viewed and to get feedback. This contest’s Salmon Rushdie award goes to Buggy and Schnookie Palookie. Thank you both for giving words from your heart to the participants.

Thank you all for a great contest and for your patience with my tardiness.

Don’t stop now – keep it flowing The Writers' Rendez-Vous
If you haven't yet, check this out! SmokeLong Quarterly

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC3 Awards! Schnookie Palookie 09-24-03 1
 Acceptance Speech Devious Weasel 09-24-03 2
 RE: SSC3 Awards! Silvergirl1 09-24-03 3
 big thanks to sharkie! cqvenus 09-24-03 4
 RE: SSC3 Awards! Coconut 09-24-03 5
 RE: SSC3 Awards! Breezy 09-24-03 6
 RE: SSC3 Awards! TechNoir 09-24-03 7
   RE: SSC3 Awards! Wheezy 09-24-03 9
 RE: SSC3 Awards! SherpaDave 09-24-03 8
   *LOL* cqvenus 09-24-03 10
 RE: SSC3 Awards! Java 09-24-03 11
   RE: SSC3 Awards! SherpaDave 09-25-03 12
       RE: SSC3 Awards! Devious Weasel 09-25-03 15
           RE: SSC3 Awards! SherpaDave 09-25-03 17
 RE: SSC3 Awards! Sunny_Bunny 09-25-03 13
 Congrats to everyone! Meemo 09-25-03 14
 RE: SSC3 Awards! L82LIFE 09-25-03 16
 RE: SSC3 Awards! SaphireLady 09-25-03 18
 Don't stop.... probably clueless 09-27-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-03, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
How awsome that I get to share the Salman Rushdie Award with Buggy. What an honor. I printed the paragraph out and showed it to my hubby and asked if I could frame it

Thanks Sharkie for pulling everything together. Great job!
Thanks Dave for the competition.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the competition. I bow to your talents ... truly fantastic work!

*stands up and gives everyone a standing ovation*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Devious Weasel 18752 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Acceptance Speech"
I'd like to thank my wife, my children, my agent, the members of the academy, and Caroline, the crazy woman who made the story possible...

Silvergirl1 8694 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "

Wow, Silver won in most categories.

*What? You weren't talking about me?

Thanks for doing the tabulation, Sharkie. Meet me by the coral reef later?

Silvergirl

Hey, everyone! I'm humorous!

cqvenus 9713 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "big thanks to sharkie!"
thank you sharkie for doing all of this. you are the sweetest!

- and still plugging the sites! does his giving ever end???

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
Thanks a lot, Data! Have I *stalked* you lately?

We are the Beaver

Breezy 18268 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
Thanks to Dave for the competition, thanks to Sharkie for counting up the votes and stuff. Thanks to all that pushed people to try their hand at this...which is why I did.

*snif* And thanks for making me feel Wanted.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
<ick>
First thanks Sharkie. No apologies needed. We appreciate it -- it was a bunch of trouble.

And thanks for thinking I'm worth a win ...

Mostly, though, congratulations to the winners and the not-winners and to everybody who entered, and to those who tried and didn't enter and to those who got to read something they never would have tripped over otherwise. Everybody won.

For those of you who tried for the first time, try again. Just an hour here and there. And see if you like it. And the rest of you? You all have stories and poems and pictures in you.
</ick>

Geez, I know nobody wants that much of Tech-ick. Just read it a sentence at a time ...

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "

That <ick> warning? not strong enough.

(secretly loves Tech-ick)

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
Congrats to all. And damn. You already awarded the Rushdie. I was gonna award it to you.

Criminals From the Neck Up | The Writers' Rendez-Vous | SmokeLong Quarterly

cqvenus 9713 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-03, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "*LOL* "
that's what happens when you send a shark to do a man's job... it gets done.

- agrees sharkie should share the rushdie!

Java 508 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-24-03, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
Thanks peeps!

maybe you can award sharkie the salmon rushdie award?

09-25-03, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
maybe you can award sharkie the salmon rushdie award?

I tried, but he already awarded it! Grrrrr.

Devious Weasel 18752 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
I hate to let a good joke go unnoticed - Java said the salmon rushdie award. A little fish humor, you see?

09-25-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
D'oh! Completely missed that. Okay, I'll head to Pike Place Market and get right on it.

Criminals From the Neck Up | The Writers' Rendez-Vous | SmokeLong Quarterly

Sunny_Bunny 5430 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 04:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
Gosh, thank you all so much!

And a special smooch to the Rushdies, (and the rest of you) who had such lovely things to say about the works. *sniff*

Meemo 3502 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-25-03, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Congrats to everyone!"
Some really great stuff this time around. It was nice to see some new peeps getting involved in the competition.

All of the pieces were interesting, and the writing talent displayed was fantastic.

Kudos to all who participated, and double kudos to Sharkie for picking up the mantle, and to Dave for dropping it in the first place

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
Another great SSC! All the entries were fantastic, and I had such a hard time voting.

Big thanks to everybody who entered, and special thanks to the Rushdie winners, Buggy and Nookie, for all their kind words. Thanks also go out to Dave for getting us started, and Sharkie for all his hard work, and everybody else for reading, encouraging, and voting.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-25-03, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SSC3 Awards! "
Thank you for all the hard work you put into this. It is truely appreciated.

Congrats all you winners.

Being a whiner here but hey what can I say.

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-03, 04:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Don't stop...."
Its scary to put it out there. Prose, poetry and art. Keep it coming.

*Education: Curses in Librul Arts, Curses in Computer Science, Curses in Accounting*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •