The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Founding editor of insolent rudder Tim Ljunggren has turned the day-to-day operations over to Lisa McMann and Catherine Talley.

“As for my own dreams for insolent rudder’s future,” he writes, “I would simply hope that it could continue to be a place of self-expression, a place where the work of The Writer can be read—rising above the ashes of her/his life like the fabled Phoenix, being transformed, taking a stand,
trying to make sense of the world, getting it all into words, taking risks, embracing passion, finding just the right edge, just the right nuance, just the right tone, just the right sentence...”

We hope so too. We expect to maintain the high quality of "furiously fresh flash fiction" that insolent rudder is best known for. We also plan to continue the tradition of quarterly conversations with authors.

During the transition period insolent rudder will be published on a bi-monthly schedule, with our next issue appearing on-line in March, 2004. Expect some gradual changes culminating in a new design before year's end and perhaps a surprise or two as well.

Call for submissions: As always we seek bright, fresh, flash fiction between 50-500 words that defines itself through content, voice, and character; work that speaks to us on a visceral level. Please review the submission guidelines before submitting and note that the address for submissions has changed to editor@insolentrudder.org

Send us something really tasty!

Catherine Talley
Lisa McMann

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Oh WOW!!! Drive My Car 01-11-04 1
   RE: Oh WOW!!! TechNoir 01-11-04 2
       Oh yes Drive My Car 01-11-04 4
 RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... FarmBoy 01-11-04 3
 RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... Wheezy 01-11-04 5
   RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... SherpaDave 01-11-04 6
 RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... KObrien_fan 01-12-04 7
 RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... Bebo 01-12-04 8
   RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... TechNoir 01-12-04 10
       RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... Bebo 01-13-04 13
 RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... blacknwhitedog 01-12-04 9
 RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... Schnookie Palookie 01-12-04 11
 RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... L82LIFE 01-13-04 12
   RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... Wheezy 01-13-04 14
 RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... RudyRules 01-21-04 15
   RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 w... TechNoir 01-22-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Oh WOW!!!"
Can I be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!

( maybe not the first)

I am so happy for my wonderful friends.
You are both so generous of spirit, and so talented. I know how much you've helped me, and others. I am excited that you are taking your talents to a higher level( and a little pissed that I read this news here first and wasn't informed personnally * ha ha ha* No really, kinda pissed, my email works).

Love you both, hope you know how much.

I am thrilled by this good news.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-11-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oh WOW!!!"
If it helps, nobody on earth got a personal notification. So you might still be the first.

*sniffle*
Buggy's mad at me.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Oh yes"
Very mad, for like 5 whole minutes.

WooooooHooooooo.

Happier than mad though.

Love you both too much to be peeved for long

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-11-04, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Congratulations!

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
I'd stick my left foot in, but I've got a kilt on.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"

buggy no wuv-um wheezy?

*tilt*

(okay okay, I sent you one.)

Thanks you guys! We are excited.

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Congratulations! You'll do a great job!

Criminals From the Neck UpThe Writers' Rendez-VousSmokeLong Quarterly

KObrien_fan 8204 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 07:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Congrats U2, good luck with the project, I'm sure it will be rewarding!

Bebo 20374 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Cool - you two will do a terrific job!

The only downside to this is that Insolent Rudder can't publish your stuff anymore.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart. I am also the S7 Anti-Bootee co-champion!

01-12-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
10. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Sure it can. There is an annual editor's issue and we both have stuff that Tim accepted. We'll publish it

Not a hint of pride here.

Bebo 20374 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Well, cooler, then.

Votes for a bunch of editor's issues.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart. I am also the S7 Anti-Bootee co-champion!

blacknwhitedog 6480 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Good luck to you both!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Congratulations Tech and Wheezy! I'm very proud of you two amazingly talented ladies! I look forward to getting immersed in some great reading.

*Proud Member of the SoBe Lvoe Butt Connectors*

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Congratulations to both of you! What an amazing accomplishment. You both deserve every bit of your success.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
I am so happy to have this opportunity. It's going to be a FINE magazine. Y'all are so supportive... *sniffle*

RudyRules 8355 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-04, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
I just came across this.
Tech and Wheezy are editors?
Wow, how cool!
Congratulations ladies!

Your 2003 College Football Pool Ultimate Prize Winner!

01-22-04, 08:21 PM (EST)
16. "RE: We want flash fiction, 50-500 words"
Thank you sir.

Merry Tu B'Shevat

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •