The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Little Boy (Short Story)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-04-03, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Little Boy (Short Story)"
I probably should have posted this for the contest, but here it is anyway. It's short. It might be annoying. Decide for yourself.

Little Boy

"Martin can you come over and help me look at this little boy?" asked Susan into the phone as she looked through the one way mirror. The room she observed contained a smattering of child-sized furniture. There were brightly colored shelves and boxes with toys of all description. A young boy sat off to the side on a red chair at a small round table busily arranging blocks and dolls.

"What can I do for you?" Martin said quietly as he entered through the back door of the viewing room.

"I'm not sure what to make of this child and I thought you might have some insight. I've been watching him for six weeks and he always does exactly the same thing. He is like a perfect little robot." said Susan.

"Dr. Johnson, you know perfectly well that there is nothing very odd about that, especially with these children from those old money families." he teased.

"I know," she said impatiently "but there is something about this one that keeps bothering me. His little sister died last year and he doesn't seem to have noticed. He just keeps insisting that he has to take care of his mother." said Susan Talley, a child therapist. "And then he comes in here, sits down at that table, and makes a solid wall of blocks. He puts the mother doll behind the wall and then buries all of the other dolls under something. Then he sings and whispers to the mother doll until it is time for him to go."

Martin had been gazing at the child while he listened. "Does he talk?" He asked.

"Yes, but his vocabulary is very odd. I wish I had seen him before his sister died." She said.

"Oh, he is that one." he observed. "Maybe he is just trying to take care of his mother. That isn't so unusual."

"No, but they don't all try to kill everyone else." Susan said, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye.

"Well I'll think about this one. He looks a little disconnected." Said Martin as a distant buzzer went off.

"Time to let him go again. I wish I could figure this one out." said Susan. "I am convinced something is wrong."

She walked around the corner and greeted her patient's mother. "It is nice to see you again Mrs. Bush." Martin heard her say. "I'll just go and get little George for you. Same time next week?"

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 factual? cqvenus 09-08-03 1
   RE: factual? TechNoir 09-08-03 2
       wrong SaphireLady 09-08-03 3
           RE: wrong TechNoir 09-08-03 4
               RE: wrong SaphireLady 09-08-03 5
                   now... cqvenus 09-09-03 6
                       RE: now... SaphireLady 09-09-03 7
                           RE: now... cqvenus 09-09-03 8
                           RE: now... Wheezy 09-09-03 9
                               RE: now... SaphireLady 09-09-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cqvenus 9713 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "factual?"
is that true? I mean, that his sister died when he was little?

- thinks that might explain a lot

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-08-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: factual?"
Yes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/wh2000/stories/bush072699.htm
(This is a horrible story.)

or the brief version

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/democracy/bush/stories/bush/

"Have we gone too far with this First Amendment business?" Bill O'Reilly, August 29

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-08-03, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "wrong"
If you had made this a story about any fictous boy and any fictious mother it would have been okay. To make fun of this family, a political family you can not stand (from your post this is what I gather) and take their personal heartache and tragedy and turn it into fodder is just wrong. I really had thought better of you then this. I have no problem that you and I are on different sides of issues in politics and such but to make fun of a death in their family that is so personal was just wrong.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

09-08-03, 07:23 PM (EST)
4. "RE: wrong"
What part is "making fun of" ?

09-08-03, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: wrong"
Tech, I don't want to get into a war of words with you. I had actually ignored the story past reading it but when I realized it was true had to say something.

In my opinion, which means nothing to no one but myself, you made fun of President Bush as a boy and took the death of his sister and used that as to why he likes war and death. Now maybe that is not what you meant but it is what I got out of it. His burying everyone else etc......

The story is well written, as all your stuff is, this one just in in bad taste, something I did not expect from you.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

09-09-03, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "now..."
I happen to love you both, but let me say this: Saph, I really think you're way off base here.

What I got out of it was that Tech has actually considered W's traumatic childhood and what he might go through. If you think the idea of burying the people is harsh or crazy, I suggest you read some psychology. A child showing this behavior as a result of trauma is entirely possible.

What I got out of it was that Tech has taken the time to consider W's life, but still makes her political arguments against him and his beliefs without needing to resort to attacking the problems he's had or what he's been through. If anything, I take out of this the level of maturity and intelligence with which Tech forms her arguments, given that it would be so easy to go the low road and simply attack him for what may be viewed as his character flaws as a result of having been dealt a crappy hand.

- you know, like some people around here bash liberals for their personal flaws instead of considering what they've actually done for this country

09-09-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: now..."
Okay, I see what you are saying, given Tech's feelings on President Bush I tend to disagree but will at least consider this view. It is still a story that would be better, given the fact of the writters political views and could very well be misinterpreted, to use other names, etc.... However, in the interest of peace I will go with your view and say nothing else on the matter.

Hey I don't knock liberals to just knock. In fact I prefer not to knock anyone. Hasn't anyone notice that I just don't even play on the board much anymore for the very reason got tired of the fighting.

09-09-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
8. "RE: now..."
Saph, I didn't mean to imply that YOU say things about liberals. Believe me, it is NOT you!

As for this whole thing, interpretations are always up to the reader. I, for one, and this goes for any posts that might make me mad, try to see another point of view, and give the person benefit of the doubt that they meant it that way instead. It may not be what they meant, but it gives me peace of mind.

- thinks you're not the only one avoiding the boards lately... they've been slooooooooow!

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-03, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: now..."
hey there, it looks as if you guys have settled this already, and kudos to you for that.

Just wanted to point out that this forum is different from others where debates happen...this is a place to express yourself artistically, and not a place to argue political agendas. If you don't appreciate a story, that's ok...but just move on to the next one without comment. I personally can't stand Monet's paintings--I think nature is ruined by those hideous pastels--but I appreciate his ability to create something I can't create.

And so thank you all for listening to me, the who-died-and-made-Wheezy-queen-of-the-story-forum goddess. Carry on. I'll shut up now. Did I mention I have a terrible headicake? Ok. Bye.

09-09-03, 11:16 PM (EST)
10. "RE: now..."
You are right Wheezy. I did not mean to turn this into political. My mistake. I take full responsibility. Beat me with a wet noodle, or a nice whip, I like whips and chains. Beatings are great. OOps wrong forum again.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •