The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon"
Sam and Eric had been best friends since they were four. Their next-door neighborliness had seen them through many backyard wars, cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers, and even the occasional all-out brawl. Boys love their violence.

Between them, they had many secrets, among them the location of Eric’s father’s stash of Playboys, how many cigarettes could be in Sam’s sister’s pack before she’d notice two missing, the best food on earth (cheeseburgers), and how to make it (with moon cheese).

There was never any question that they would be best friends 4 ever, from the time they first met until the moment in Sophomore year of high school when Eric was startled to feel Sam’s erection pressing against his back on the gym class wrestling mat. And then… there was a question.

Eric had always heard the rumors and denied them, vehemently defending his best friend’s sibilant “S” with his fists. Tales of furtive locker room glances were met by flying elbows to jaws, resulting in frequent visits to Detention.

“Dude! Get the ##### off me!” he yelled at Sam the moment he realized that what he felt on his back was not Sam’s forearm. Sam had rolled quickly off and away from Eric, a stunned and horrified look on his place, his hands over his groin in an attempt to disguise his guilt.

Sam had never—ever—thought of Eric that way. Yes, he’d noticed that the Playboys had never changed from childhood hilarity to awed bazoom whispers. And he’d notice how certain actors, the Leonardo DiCaprios and Hayden Christensens made his breath catch short. But, like all good Midwest WASP’s, he’d learned to deny his obvious preferences, and while other boys with driver’s permits nightly pulled at themselves, he lived a monastic life.

But once the faux pas had occurred, Eric virtually disappeared from Sam’s life. When bullies teased Sam’s lilting walk, his defender was nowhere to be found. On those occasions when the two passed in the crowded high school hallways, Eric averted his eyes, or worse still, regarded Sam with eyes tinted with fear.

Weeks passed with no contact between the two and Sam became certain that 4 ever was only twelve years. Regretfully, he took the small box that Eric had given him for his tenth birthday, laid it on the welcome mat of his old compatriot’s front step, and walked away. Inside was the moon rock that Eric had brought back from summer Space Camp with his father.

He was awakened late that night, perhaps two in the morning, by many dogs barking. Rubbing his eyes, he stole from bed to his moonstreamed window. Brushing the gauzy curtains aside, he looked out at the street. A solitary shadow threw lump objects with intense ferocity up into the sky. Neighborhood canines tore after the blobs as they came to earth. The shadow was Eric.

Sam turned the lock on his window, and lifted the sash. “Eric?” he called into the night.

“Hey, Sam,” Eric called back, never ceasing his continuous motion, except to occasionally nudge a dog away from the box from which he pulled his ammunition.

“What are you doing?” Sam asked.

“Making cheeseburgers,” Eric replied, and lofted another clump into the night.

“What?”

“The best kind,” Eric said. “Wanna help?”

Sam responded by slamming the window shut, tossing on a robe, and running out into the street. Eric removed a bloody dripping hunk of meat from the box at his feet and schlupped it into Sam’s outstretched hand. The two best friends 4 ever emptied the box, one with sure athleticism, the other awkward and girlish, throwing hamburgers at the moon.

Criminals From the Neck Up

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon Drive My Car 06-23-03 1
 RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon nailbone 07-30-03 2
 RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon Ahtumbreez 07-30-03 3
 RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon SherpaDave 07-30-03 4
 RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon Schnookie Palookie 08-01-03 5
 RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon L82LIFE 08-04-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon"
I didn't see this before.

Thanks Dave, this made me smile

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27248 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-03, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon"
Very nice. Definitely a lesson to be learned from this.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-03, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon"
How the heck am I suppose to explain the tears in my eyes at work. Next time put a warning on it ok?
Beautiful.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-03, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon"
Thanks, guys!

Criminals From the Neck Up | The Writers' Rendez-Vous | SmokeLong Quarterly

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-03, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon"
Thanks for sharing your beautiful story with us Dave. I love your writing.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-03, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Throwing Hamburgers at the Moon"
I missed this before too, Sherps. What a touching piece. I love the easy way in which you write. I felt comfortable with your characters right away and I was so glad that Eric turned out to be the type of guy I thought he was.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •